Paper Excellence has an immediate opening in our Corporate Head office located in Richmond, BC. for a Temporary Payroll & Benefits Clerk.
Reporting to the Payroll & Benefits Manager, the Payroll & Benefits Clerk is responsible for contributing to the efficient and effective operations of the Human Resources Department, through timely and accurate processing of wage payments and benefits. This position is responsible for the accurate processing of payroll & benefits, including various clerical tasks.
- Updates employee information including address changes, wage increases, new employees, terminations, etc…Prepares ROE’s as required
- Timesheet entry and review
- Payroll and Benefits Reconciliations
- Maintenance of all payroll files
- Provides ongoing recommendations for improvements to our policies and processes to ensure both payroll and benefits programs are efficient and provide the best possible service to employees.
- Acting as a resource for employees and advising of changes to Payroll and Benefits Manager when needed.
- Experience in computerized payroll preferred
- Knowledge of employment and labor standards
- Intermediate MS Office skills (Word & Excel)
- Currently pursuing PCP certification
- Experience with Payroll Guardian a bonus
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and with deadlines
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and problem solving abilities
- Excellent multitasking skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to exercise a high level of professionalism and discretion with confidential information
This position has the possibility of going permanent for the right candidate.
Thank you to all applicants, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for interview.