Paper Excellence has an immediate opening in our Corporate Head office located in Richmond, BC.
Reporting to the Payroll & Benefits Manager, the Payroll & Benefits Administrator is responsible for contributing to the efficient and effective operations of the Human Resources Department, through timely and accurate processing of wage payments and benefits. This position is responsible for the processing of payroll & benefits for approx. 300 employees.
- Maintains and updates employee information including address changes, wage increases, new employees, terminations, etc…Prepares ROE’s as required
- Responsible for the accurate full cycle processing of payroll
- Administration of group benefits plans, which includes setting up new members, ensuring all eligible employees are enrolled on time, processing of benefit changes, calculating payroll deductions/taxable benefits, billing verification, reconciliation, and remittances.
- Responsible for Provincial Health Care enrolments, changes, and inquiries including reconciliation of billings and payroll taxable benefits/deductions.
- Prepares journal entries and payment requests for accounting.
- Year-end reconciliations.
- Maintenance of all payroll files
- Provides ongoing recommendations for improvements to our policies and processes to ensure both payroll and benefits programs are efficient and provide the best possible service to employees.
- Acting as a resource for employees and advising of changes to Payroll and Benefits Manager when needed.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in high volume (min. 250 employees) computerized payroll.
- Solid knowledge of employment and labor standards
- Intermediate MS Office skills (Word & Excel)
- Payroll Certification (PCP) or working towards (minimum completion of Payroll Fundamentals 1 including Introduction to Accounting)
- Experience with Payroll Guardian preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Ability to exercise a high level of professionalism and discretion with confidential information
Thank you to all applicants, however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for interview.
Indeed - 5 months ago