Instrumentation Specialist (Pulp Mill) NOC: 2243
Salary: $65,000-$70,000 annually
Location: Pictou, NS
Reports to: Department Head
No. of Vacancy: 7
I. GENERAL ACCOUNTABILITY
- Responsible to the Department Head for supporting the repairing, maintenance prevention, calibration, adjusting, and installation of all pulp instrumentation equipment and systems.
II. SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES & KEY ACTIVITIES:
- Review and evaluate all drawings, specifications, time and cost estimates to carry out installation, calibration, adjustments, troubleshooting, inspection, testing, repairing and maintenance activities on new and old instrumentation equipment and systems
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies, standards and procedures for the instrumentation and technical work performed by the department
- Maintains inventory systems; makes recommendation for purchase of equipment and testing instruments; may write specifications
- Prepare and present instrumentation reports and findings
- Keeps and maintains work history logs and work order requests
- Maintains a high degree of housekeeping standards in assigned areas.
- Ensure that instrumentation installation and repair work conforms to all regulatory codes and standards.
- A bachelor's degree or diploma in Instrumentation, Electrical and/or Electronics Engineering or Technology is required.
- Minimum 4 years experience in instrumentation discipline, including experience in pulp manufacturing industry or related industry which provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities is preferred
- Has considerable knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions associated with pulp mills and related activities.
- Must be physically able to operate a variety of equipment and machinery
- Moderate to excellent English language proficiency.
Email resumes with subject line "Instrumentation Specialist, Pictou, NS"
Indeed - 9 months ago