RICHMOND/SKOOKUMCHUCK, B.C. (CANADA)
I. GENERAL ACCOUNTABILITY:
Oversee the process of accurate financial information for mill and formulating statements, reports and analyzing financial data to provide to top management for review.
II. SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES & KEY ACTIVITIES:
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operation of an accounting, audit or financial department on the operational site.
- Develop and implement the financial policies, systems and procedures of an establishment to ensure the operation meets the finance standards system set by the company.
- Prepare and co-ordinate the financial statements, summaries, and other cost-benefit analyses and financial management reports.
- Co-ordinate the financial planning and budget process, and analyze and correct estimates.
- Supervise the development and implementation of financial simulation models.
- Evaluate financial reporting systems, accounting procedures and investment activities and make recommendations for changes to procedures, operating systems, budgets and other financial control functions to senior managers and other department or regional managers
- Recruit, organize, train and manage staff if required
- Act as liaison between the organization and its shareholders
- Establish profitability standards for investment activities
- Provide assistance and support in mergers and/or acquisitions, if necessary
- Notify and report to senior management any trends which are critical to the organization's financial performance.
III. KEY RELATIONSHIPS
Reports on a line basis to:
Finance Department Head / Chief Financial Officer / Mill GM
Relationship with Internal:
- Paper Excellence Canada Management Team
- Overseas Headquarters - Finance
- Paper Excellence Mills
The Finance Analyst is accountable for financial reporting and any related analysis work with respect to the Operations, and other support functions;
The ideal candidate will have;
- Working knowledge of pulp & paper operations and their financial implications
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience in Pulp and Paper in a leadership position
- Demonstrable, excellent analytical capabilities with the skill to draw appropriate conclusions and presentations; able to use financial analysis & presentation tools (e.g. Excel, Power Point & SAP FICO) to a proven / advanced level;
- Demonstrable ability to lead and work with teams and report both directly to supervisors and coworkers in the finance department and indirectly to other departments
- Demonstrable ability to lead and assist Finance function with minimum supervision, including the ability to set priorities, goals and objectives.
- A high-quality recognized degree/professional qualification preferably in Accountancy but Banking, Finance or Economics degrees are also acceptable;
- A minimum of 8 years demonstrated experience in a finance or accounting analyst position with equivalent accountabilities and responsibilities.
Additional qualifications that would ensure success in the position include;
- Strong ability to influence at all levels of the organization
- Strong facilitation and leadership skills
- Project Management experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluency in English and Mandarin are required in order to communicate with Headquarters in Asia.
- Ability to communicate and manage direct employees from various backgrounds and cultures
- Financial acumen to develop business cases and analyse financial data
- Experience in the manufacturing environment.
- Experience with Performance Management System / MBOS (Management by Olympic System)
Interested in this opportunity, please apply to e-mail provided not later than 21 June 2013