Pape Children's House is a community based non-profit childcare centre situated in Pape Avenue Public School in the heart of the Riverdale. We provide high quality programs for children between the ages of 18 months to Grade 3. We operate year-round between the hours of 7:30 AM and 6:00 PM. We believe in a nurturing and secure environment, recognizing that all children are individuals, having different rates of development and range of needs. We provide an emergent curriculum program which is play-based and focuses on the children's collective interests and needs.
Pape Children’s House currently has an exciting career opportunity for an Early Childhood Education Assistant to join our team. The successful candidate will aid in facilitating a developmentally and culturally appropriate early childhood education program, addressing such areas as emotional, physical, social and language development of the children in his/her care.
- Communicate with families, children and other staff in a positive, professional and respectful manner.
- Participates as a positive role model in the classroom at all times.
- Assists in the daily routines of the child care program (toileting, dressing, food preparation etc.).
- Maintains safe conditions while guiding children through transitions and routines throughout the day.
- Supervises both indoor and outdoor play activities.
- Contributes as a team member; participates fully in the program and with the assessment of the children’s developmental progress.
- Maintains a daily number/tally count of the children throughout the day.
- Ensures that the children’s learning environment is safe, clean, and creative and a warm child centred setting.
- Has the ability to be flexible with schedules and within the program.
Skills and Qualifications:
- High school diploma
- Currently enrolled in a certificate program for Early Childhood Assistant
- Current certificate in Child Centered First Aid and Child CPR.
- Current Criminal Reference Check is required.
- Efficient time management skills to ensure work is performed and completed in a timely manner.
- Is caring, responsive, dependable, trustworthy, conscientious, and understanding.
- Experience working with groups of children in a childcare setting.
Starting Date: Negotiable.
Salary is competitive and will be commensurate with experience.
Qualified candidates are asked to send their cover letter and resume to:
Attention: Cherie Blades
Pape Children’s House
220 Langley Avenue
Toronto, ON M4K 1B9
Closing Date: January 17 2014
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.