Papa John's

Papa John's Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Papa Johns
Driver (Current Employee), Fairmont, WVDecember 17, 2014
Cons: alot of damage on car
I deliver food orders in a timely safe manner . responsibilities include greeting customers also receive disperse change. I make pizza from dough to finish, take orders deliver pizzas and work real close to my coworkers.
fun, easy
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), west New York, NYDecember 15, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: no health care
open and manage store, work with customers to give them the best experience, i learn to work with others and to manages a group of people. Also to have patience with hard customers, and give them the best service they can get, and if by any chance they had a bad experience, try to fix it as professional as possible. my co-workers love to work with me, they say i am a good manager. the hardest part of the job is to train people that have never work on a place like this. the best part of the job is to go to a place that everyone loves me, even customers, because i threat them like family.
Productive , Fast paced workplace
Food Service/ Crew Member (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXDecember 15, 2014
Cons: no breaks
I made multiple pizzas entire shift. I learned how to make pizzas rom scratch. The managers were cool , as well as my coworkers. Hardest part of the job is when we'd have specials on pizza, and there was a rush. The most enjoyable part of the job was slow days.
Awesome Job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Starkville, MSDecember 15, 2014
Great people to work with and for, The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the peoples faces when you delivered them there pizzas
General Manager
General Manager (Current Employee), Charles Town, WVDecember 14, 2014
Cash management, customer service, order making and coordination, schedule writing, P & L review, food ordering, labor and food cost control, training of staff and management team, implement LTO's, LSM, etc.
Flexible place of employment
Delivery Route Driver (Current Employee), Savannah, GADecember 13, 2014
My average work day consists of me clocking in and going straight to the make line to assist with orders. I am a very visual and hands on worker and learner. Management is easy to get along with as long as you are doing your job. My co-workers have unique personalities and I talk to everyone. The hardest part of my job is trying to see addresses at night and not being able to contact the customer for help all of the time. I enjoy the freedom of my job and not always doing the same routine everyday.
A very productive and very fun place to work. Great atmosphere.
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Lillington, NCDecember 13, 2014
Pros: discount meals, flexible hours, great teamwork.
Cons: drivers paid less than minimum wage. must provide and maintain own vehicle as driver (including gas), not paid by the mile.
-depending on how busy it is that day, your job position, your availability, and how good of a worker you are, your shift could be anywhere from 2-8hrs.
-opening and closing the store as a driver, cashier, and manager. how to be a delivery driver, and how to be a manager.
-management is easy to work with (the ones i worked with at least).
co-workers are easy to work with (the ones i worked with at least).
-the hardest part of the job were game nights, a few rude customers.
-just about everything about the job was enjoyable.
Very fast paced and friendly
Phones/Cashier (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLDecember 13, 2014
Pros: discounted food, friendly workers
Cons: hours dropped too much after season.
I started out as a typical phone girl, just answering and taking food orders, and handling money for walk in customers. I then learned how to help in the back of the house, with prepping and other tasks. Management was very good, all though sometimes a little bit too laid back. Friendly and could be approached if you had a problem. Very easy, and super bowl Sunday all the joking and friendly manners were set aside, very professional. I loved this job, only when it was slow I could not get enough hours to be stable in life. Co-workers were so friendly we would hang out outside of work, the customers were a little negative except for a handful who would make everyone's day.
Not produtive fun to work.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLDecember 13, 2014
Is a nice place to work funny team played, I learned making pizza, manager nice respectful and also co-worker, hardest part learn all ingredient for the first time the not even pay good, enjoyable is good to work there.
Desperate
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Omaha, NEDecember 13, 2014
To work for this company essentially means you sign a contract to lower your standards of self. Corn husker Pj LLC has a tendency to violate numerous labor laws, on top of showing a complete lack of respect for its even most loyal employees. To say the very least it is best not to invest energy into this company.
Interesting
In-store (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 11, 2014
Pros: free pizza
Cons: short breaks
Typical Day at Work consists of making pizzas and answering phone calls to place orders.

I learned how to make pizza.

Managers were great.

Co-workers made it more fun.

Hardest part was when rush-hour would happen

Most enjoyable part would be fitting in with people.
Papa John's is a fun and safe environment
Manager (Current Employee), Detroit, MIDecember 11, 2014
Cons: no breaks
Working with Papa John was a fun and professional experience. We like to say team work makes the dream work. That kept everyone cooperating together and as long as everyone did what they were suppose no one was over worked.
Shift Manager
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Pine Bluff, ARDecember 11, 2014
Great starting job for anybody coming out of high school. You learn how to operate a food delivery service operation and make new friends in the process
boring
Part Time Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Flower Mound, TXDecember 11, 2014
Cons: pay, health care, poor training, management
papa johns is a very dull place to work at. The management does not care about their employees. The pay is not great either.
wonderful work environment
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Macon, GADecember 10, 2014
I have worked at papa johns for two years made great money love the coworkers and management. I was a delivery driver I was also cross-trained in all other areas. Its not a stressful or difficult work environment everyone is nice and the tips are great.
Fast Paced, Fun Environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IADecember 9, 2014
Open the store, count store cash, bank run, start the ovens and prep the store, manage inventory, Deposits
Its a pizza place.
Cook (Former Employee), Nashville, TNDecember 7, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: poor pay
Not much to it. Minimum wage, decent hours, opportunities to advance. Management was decent.
Great company!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Phenix City, AlabamaDecember 7, 2014
Family friendly and a great work atmosphere! Wonderful people.
Great Company
Delivery Driver/Cashier; Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Surprise, AZDecember 6, 2014
Pros: great support and flexible
Cons: putting a lot of miles on your car and not able to make a full career out of the position
Papa Johns is a great company to work for. They support your schedule and are flexible with their employees. Delivering is a great way to earn money quickly. Great management who is concerned no only about the company, but also about their employees. I was only with the company for a short amount of time before moving in to a new job so the money from being a delivery driver is not enough to support a certain lifestyle and those who have families.
Papa Johns Pizza
Driver (Current Employee), Mint Hill, NCDecember 6, 2014
My co-workers are very sociable, and work diligently
Management is always around you and they are usually very easy people to talk to
I come in to work and put my papa topper on my car, grab my drivers bank, and then i start folding boxes for our pizza

About Papa John's

Papa John's Pizza is the third largest take-out and delivery pizza restaurant chain in the United States, behind Pizza Hut and – Read more