Papa John's

Papa John's Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good High School Job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Alhambra, CANovember 16, 2014
Pros: good company to work for
Cons: not enough hours
Make Pizzas
Take care of customers
Close as assistant manager
Answer customer complaints
Take deliveries
Fun workplace with no compensation for personal costs.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Mesa, AZNovember 15, 2014
Cons: ever shifting schedule
This company was fine to work for but they wouldn't properly compensate employees for costs of working for them.
Productive work place
Delivery Driver/Team Member (Former Employee), Fullerton, CANovember 15, 2014
Pros: making a lot of money in tips
Cons: no benefits, wasting gas
Enjoyed my time there would go into work and deliver pizzas and complete any assigned secondary's.
I learned how to work in a team environment and how to top a proper pizza,
The management aside from the General Manager was outstanding really enjoyed there ways of running the store.
Nothing really to Difficult about the job. Getting nice tips was pretty – more... enjoyable. – less
unprofessional but not too bad
Temporary Kitchen Staff (Former Employee), kidderminsterNovember 15, 2014
Pros: flexible
Cons: not enough hours
at Papa John's i got on well and worked well but management was unprofessional and things were said to me that shouldn't of been but overall the workplace and food was clean and hygienic.
A great environment to develop multitasking skills.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Columbia, MissouriNovember 14, 2014
I had worked for Papa John's for several years and overall found the workplace to be busy and fast-paced, something that helps one build upon their ability to work hard and maintain balance simultaneously. It was a great stepping stone toward future jobs that require such approach.
Busy restaurant to work
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCNovember 13, 2014
Pros: i loved dealing with customers
Cons: no breaks
I was answering phones all night and serving customers. I like being kept busy the whole time while working.
love it
Cook (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 12, 2014
i love food so it was great to work hear it was wearing down my car
a typical day at papa johns
Sales and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Jupiter, FloridaNovember 11, 2014
Pros: it was close to my house, and i had a chance to gain experince in a line of work
Cons: the treatment at work
A day/night would start with clocking in, and answering phones. Making pizza and other products ordered and folding boxes. Taking customer service calls, listening to orders from management
Awesome!
Delivery (Former Employee), New Port RicheyNovember 11, 2014
Great summer job! Had a great time learning the basics of delivery and customer service.
Team Leader (Former Employee), Copperas Cove, TXNovember 11, 2014
Performs duties as team leader and participates in producing of a quality product in a clean and pleasant environment. Helped with maintain a safe and clean working place. Answers any questions related to the product sold.
fast pased work enviroment, a typical day would consist of answering phones, food prep, making food, and cleaning
Team Member (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 10, 2014
Pros: raises, co-workers, food
Papa johns was a very fun and fast work environment, I worked with very nice people. I got to learn customer service,how to make and prep food. the most enjoyable part of the job was seeing regular customers and the food
customer service
took orders
prepared food
inventory
transportation
fun work place, good tips
Pizza Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Alief, TXNovember 9, 2014
Pros: free pizza
Cons: low pay
Make pizzas, take orders, clean dishes, deliver pizza, good tips
Great entry level job with opportunity to meet colorful individuals
Manager/Driver (Former Employee), Shippensburg, PANovember 9, 2014
My experience with Papa John's was one of the best work place experiences I have had. The people that I worked with were all unique individuals that came together to make a weird sort of family. They all helped to make the work place an environment I was excited to go to everyday. The job itself is not too demanding or overwhelming. Duties include the – more... obvious pizza making and preparing tasks along with basic cleaning and upkeep and customer interaction. Overall, I believe that working at a Papa John's is an experience most people would enjoy and give you a bit of experience in the food industry while being able to form connections and friendships to help you get where ever it is you are going. – less
Employees are underpaid and management is horrible.
Team Member (Former Employee), Mount Vernon, OHNovember 9, 2014
Pros: 50% off discount
Cons: low pay, horrible management
I worked at Papa John's for six weeks -- and there is a reason why. The job itself isn't very hard unless you are INCREDIBLY busy. The coworkers are pretty nice as well.

However, management is horrible. Schedules would not be sent out until the middle of the night before you were supposed to work, the sink we had was broken and against health code, – more... but no one in management made an effort to fix it. Management will either overwork you, or cut your hours and give high school newbies twice as as much as you. And when you address the issue, they are not flexible with you. I put my two weeks in because my general manager REFUSED to give me my mother's wedding day off (halloween), even with notice weeks ahead of time. Sure enough, he scheduled me for it and I called off because I was NOT going to pick a 4-hour shift over my mother's wedding. For this reason, he terminated my employment before my two weeks was up.

Do not work here. The stress of it will permeate other aspects of your life and it is simply not worth the $7.95 an hour. – less
Work Place
Driver/Cleaner (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 8, 2014
Pros: free food, medical, customer relations skills defined.
Cons: short hours, low pay.
I work with other. We get the order out on time, help our team members with cokking, cleaning the restaurant and closing with a srong sell. Throughout the day we maintain the team spirit that make us successful. Customer service is a must with this job. Making the customers happy is our goal. When we encounter this challenge we meet it head on. Thanks!
Poor management
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Shaker Heights, OHNovember 6, 2014
Pros: 1/2 off, very flexible
Cons: no breaks, no benefits, shotty management
The people higher up are so concerned about "saving" money they cut back on too much. Once this summer they sent my manager a memo that she had to cut everyone's hours but we don't have enough people working there so that lasted one week. It's foolish, they made my GM move to a different store and it's foolish. I enjoyed the people I worked with but – more... now it's not even worth it. – less
garbage job
Driver and Inside Worker (Current Employee), montgomery alNovember 6, 2014
management is worthless friensd are important and workers are in managment eyes are worthless
Not a bad starter job
Manager-In-Training/Delivery Master (Current Employee), Murfreesboro, TNNovember 6, 2014
It's not a bad place to work by any means, it's just not what i need to be a good father. I need something more reliable and something with a steady check that i could afford to live on.
Fast pace
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Castle Pines, CONovember 6, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: disorganized management
Busy atmosphere and friendly coworkers. Unusually high turnover in management.

About Papa John's

Papa John's Pizza is the third largest take-out and delivery pizza restaurant chain in the United States, behind Pizza Hut and – Read more