Papa John's

Papa John's Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Pizza
Delivery driver (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEJune 21, 2014
Pros: free pizza, 50 % off
Cons: expected to be fast no matter the consequences
I was a delivery driver, and worked for a short time. The managers expected you to be fast no matter the consequences, and there were several accidents on the job because of this. The workers are extremely easy to work with making the job enjoyable.
Relaxed, Easy going job
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Murfreesboro, TNJune 21, 2014
Easy job with a relaxed environment.

Have learned to deliver pizzas, run ovens and make pizzas.

Co-workers are easy to get along with.

There's not really a difficult part to the job. Very basic and easy.

You get paid to drive and listen to music while bringing people food. Pretty enjoyable.
Production and Customer Service in a Fast pasted Enviorment
CASHIER, PRODUCTION (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 20, 2014
Answering phones to take customers orders, While being on the production line to create the product in a timely an accurate manner.
We learn the most when we receive new products the creating of them is the most enjoyable part of the day because you learn so much about the new ingredients.
There is management there though out the day to help when needed – more... an make sure the store is being run accordingly.
The hardest part of the day is when your lunch or dinner rush comes an your not prepared. – less
Hard work and no play
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Akron, OHJune 20, 2014
Pros: advancement opportunities
Cons: 50-60 hours weekly on salary
open store, start machines, prep food, make orders, take orders, banking, shift change, closing store, inventory, manage other employees
Fast pace, great company culture.
Manager (Current Employee), Alexandria, MNJune 19, 2014
Pros: exciting atmoshpere, fast paced, excellent boss.
A typical day for me includes assisting customers./employees. I consider much of what I do is fostering long term community relationships.

The most important thing I have learned from working at Papa Johns I feel, is the importance of time management.

I get to work with many interesting individuals in a great atmosphere.

I would have to say the hardest – more... part of my job is controlling labor. It can be a slow day, so I have to make the decision to send people home early with the mindset of being prepared to take on extra work if we get very busy.

The most enjoyable part of this position for me, is hearing from customers on how satisfied they are with our companies service to them. – less
Met a lot of amazing coworkers and customers
Master Driver (Former Employee), Fort Bragg, NCJune 19, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: poor management
As much as I enjoyed working for Papa John's, I met a lot of amazing people. When customers know you by name, and coworkers are easy to work with, it makes for a better work environment.
Productive and fun workplace
In-store (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJune 19, 2014
Well a typical day at papa johns would be me coming in at 3pm and I was suppose to get off at 11pm but the manager would always make me stay late till about 1. I learned how to make dough for all pizzas
Nice place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Rockingham, NCJune 18, 2014
Good environment for someone with motivation to start their career.
productive and fun work place
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), austin hwyJune 18, 2014
Pros: tips
Cons: the taxes
I show up early and get to work. Usally make couple runs then work in the store. For the most being , then i clock out and head home.
Best management
Manager (Former Employee), Altus, OKJune 17, 2014
great customer service. it was managed really well and everyone knew there job duties
fast paced but fun workplace
Driver/Insider (Former Employee), Fullerton, CaliforniaJune 17, 2014
Pros: discounted food, free food if we did a good job, tips were good
Cons: one 10 minute break since no one worked enough to get a lunch, short shifts, have to learn to use an old computer to take orders
My Gm at papa Johns was a bright individual who like to lighten the mood with a funny personality, but trained us for pressure situation very well. I was hired as a Driver but was expected to learn how to to do everything in the store so that each person on the team could be relied upon to help out. I learned to not only just prepare and deliver the – more... pizzas, but also to answer phones which I had previous experience with, make the food, roll the dough, top the pizzas, as well as cut and prepare the food for the delivery. I would also do food prep in the morning for the the dinner rushes. Co-workers are friendly and form a great team, My Gm was very friendly and it was hard to be shy since everyone is friendly. These five to six hour shifts would go by fast since dinner rushes in when I mainly worked and the pace is fast and theres pressure but learning everything helped me to be one of the fastest workers there and I even was sent to other stores to help them out when they needed it. – less
Fun, Relaxed, well worth it
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Roanoke, VAJune 17, 2014
Working here has been incredible! My manager is as flexible as you could imagine with shifts. The work is very simple and anyone can learn to do it. As a driver the money is great, at least where my store is located.
Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 17, 2014
Pros: fun enviroment
Cons: no pay increase
I really enjoyed working for this company. I learned a lot about working with a team and also customer service. However, there is little to no opportunity for advancement and benefits. Overall, I gained knowledge of debits and credits and problem solving working with this company.
not so bad
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), charlotte, ncJune 17, 2014
Pros: good pay, nice environment, easy to learn
Cons: over time was stressful, besides that nothing
a typical day at work I would make about 10-15 runs. I learned how to be more of a team player and use teamwork to get a task done. the managers and coworkers were easy to work with and gave my insight when they saw I needed help. the easiest part of the job I would say is when it was not busy so they would just have us stay in and clean, the hardest – more... part was when we were busy so we would have to take 2-3 orders at once. – less
busy
Pizza Maker (Former Employee), Lexington, NCJune 17, 2014
manger like to throw pizza when mad i learned to make pizza the co workers were nice and you could get along with them
Fast paced work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIJune 17, 2014
Pros: fun place to work. good hours for someone that wants to work.
Cons: no benifits or career advancement
A typical day at work would help on the cook line. Ensure we have enough stock prepped for the night. Help fold boxes. Ensure employees were compliant on the timekeeping schedule.
Always something going on and a new challenge to overcome!
General Manager & Shift Lead (Former Employee), Golden ValleyJune 16, 2014
Overall great place to work, there were those corporate things but was a pretty flexible place to work where once I had my own store it was a great learning experience and there was all sorts of support around me and yet I got to have control and creativity to drive the store. Papa Johns was a great experience but I left to seek a more long term career – more... path. – less
great environment but not a place to support a family
driver (Former Employee), Arlington, TXJune 16, 2014
this job was just a job till i finished school. it was fun but just not what i was wanting.
Disorganized
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Aberdeen, NCJune 15, 2014
Management was extremely rude and very disorganized. No one ever knew what was going on.
Fast/ paced work environment. requires a lot of commitment
General Manager (Current Employee), Garden City, KSJune 12, 2014
Pros: excellent franchise ownership and very informative training
Cons: work/life balance
*typical day was to set the store up, make pizzas, and close the restaurant. I worked both day shifts and night shifts. other duties include hiring, money management, product management, and business promotion/marketing.
*I learned a lot about operation systems.
*owner and district manager were very skilled and driven. My co-general manager was very – more... talented
*co-workers are primarily minimal wage and part time hourly. very hard to retain.
*hardest part was staff recruitment and retention.
*the most enjoyable part was to take part in coporate training programs – less

About Papa John's

Papa John's Pizza is the third largest take-out and delivery pizza restaurant chain in the United States, behind Pizza Hut and – Read more