Papa John's

Papa John's Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great, but...
customer service rep. (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCSeptember 3, 2014
The job is great, but I never got a supervisor. I was not the only person that quit in the time period that I did.
dead end job
hourly shift leader (Former Employee), Louisville, KYSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: its a paycheck
Cons: management talks like they want employee retension but never helps make your situation better
worked for them for 8 years. started as a driver got a dui had to give up my position, transfered into management. in almost 4 years recieved no advancement in pay while i watched people with far less experience get promoted over me.
Productive.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Galveston, TXSeptember 3, 2014
Getting to customers on time for their pizzas and drinks and etc,,, work great together with people.
Awesome job
Driver/ Shift Manager (Former Employee), Austin,TXSeptember 3, 2014
Great company structure for training, advancement etc. Always had fun while working hard.
management sucked
Driver (Former Employee), Belvidere, ILSeptember 1, 2014
Cons: poor pay, poor management, coworkers were drunk or high, they constantly played favorites
started out making good money then cause they werent making enough they cut the drivers pay in half and you had to do more work then any of the rest of the insiders
excellent place to work
delivery driver (Former Employee), Augusta, GASeptember 1, 2014
this was really and nice place to work everyone was very friendly and always helped when i first started out and the managers were very nice and friendly.
Loved the job
Front of House / Kitchen staff (Former Employee), Croydon, ENGSeptember 1, 2014
At papa johns a typical day would be answering calls and taking orders as well as over the counter orders.
i would make sure the drivers had there floats and cash up at the end of the day.
my co-workers were all lovely but management refused to pay minimum wage. The hardiest part of the job was the long hours and lack of money. The enjoyable bit was – more... being with the staff and doing a job that i liked. – less
A fun place to work that is reasonably busy.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLAugust 31, 2014
Pros: tips can bring your pay up to as much as $15 per hour
Cons: if it is a slow day, the time can drag unless you are willing to look for and find ways to stay busy.
My job as a delivery driver with Papa John’s Pizza is both fun and reasonably lucrative. I have very much enjoyed the high-energy environment and the young people with whom I have been working. I'd never worked in a food industry before, so there was a lot to learn. It was an eye-opening experience, but relatively easy from the point of view as an older, – more... previously retired person with a good work ethic. It's not a hard job, but can be busy and occasionally hectic for short periods of time. – less
Workplace is very upbeat and very fun
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Stockbridge, GAAugust 31, 2014
Pros: free pizza
Cons: no breaks
It is a good place to have as a first job, lets you understand the customer service work era of today's generation
Face paced and team oriented work environment.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Hampton, VAAugust 31, 2014
I fielded calls from customers and input orders for food and beverages. I made pizzas and side orders to help the inside cooks. I worked the oven and pizza cutting station, finishing orders for presentation. I delivered orders to customers in a safe and timely fashion.

My management was great and I learned many things from my store manager. I learned – more... excellent customer service skills. I learned better time management. I also learned the geography of Hampton Virginia while delivering orders.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with such a fun and efficient staff to meet customer service requirements, and interacting with pleased customers was a joy. – less
Clean environment and great costumer service
Order Taker and Make Line (Former Employee), North Canton, OHAugust 30, 2014
This was the perfect after school job. I liked learning new things with my employees. We even got together after work hours and had work parties for great team work and good sales.
Fast paced work environment that mildly compensated
Customer Service (Former Employee), Georgetown, TxAugust 30, 2014
Pros: beautiful scenery; getting to know the town
Cons: rapid pace of damage to my vehicle
Throughout my time at Papa John's I learned that the shy amount of coworkers who dedicated themselves to their job, were outshined by the coworkers who did the opposite of what should be done. The management themselves were outstanding, unfortunately there were several young men and woman who did not appreciate the importance of a happy customer.
Nice place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Prescott Valley, ArizonaAugust 29, 2014
Pros: customers, hours
Cons: late night hours
Papa Johns was a nice place to work. It fit well with the hours that I needed at the time and I enjoyed my co-workers and regular customers. The best part about the job was delivering the pizzas and the worst job was probably the late nights.
Productive and fun workplace
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Charleston, WVAugust 29, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: health care
Its your typical fast paced moving job like most fast food jobs out there. Weekends are normally the busiest times to work not including " Football Season"! I learned to be a better driver since Ive been working here. Ive learned the area of Charleston alot better than I thought I would have on my own. The toughest things I think about the job would – more... probably be working the oven on a busy day. You have to move quickly with multiple ovens running making some of the best pizza and desserts Ive ever eaten! But it can be tough if your not focused, and sometimes when your not..." Splat"!!! One can get away from you. But it happens to the best of us from time to time. Last but not least I would have to say the best part of the job has to be the "Freedom"! Being able to be out of the store for a little bit and being able to listen to music on your way to the customers house! – less
Time really flies when you find work to do.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Glasgow, DEAugust 29, 2014
Pros: 50% off meals or they can be free if there's a mistake
Cons: with the new pay format, drivers are making less money while papa john's receives the delivery charge.
Some of the people I work with are nice to be around. A day at work is never the same; from customers questions to car troubles. The hardest part of my job is keeping up with car maintenance and inspiring others to be excellent workers.
Pizza delievry
Customer Service (Former Employee), newark, NjAugust 28, 2014
This was a pretty simple job, I worked form 11-7 working for papa johns where I would just deliver pizza and help around the store
It was an ok place to work at
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Franklin, INAugust 28, 2014
Pros: making money
Cons: spelling like pizza every night.
Deliever pizzas to peoples houses, get their money. Management was ok, not the best.
decent place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Pearland, TXAugust 26, 2014
good place to work, friendly fast paced work environment, pay scale is ok
Hard work, Fun team
Insider (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCAugust 26, 2014
Hard work, fun team members. Typical pizza shop experience. Great managers.
fun to do
Customer Service Executive (Current Employee), Powai,MumbaiAugust 26, 2014
Pros: break time
Learned aout people and its co-ordination is must to provide service

About Papa John's

Papa John's Pizza is the third largest take-out and delivery pizza restaurant chain in the United States, behind Pizza Hut and – Read more