Papa John's

Papa John's Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Driving for Papa John's is Pretty Cool
Driver (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJuly 28, 2014
Good workplace environment, flexible scheduling, a few annoying things but nothing too major.
Good overall experience.
fun
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, VAJuly 28, 2014
I loved working at Papa Johns and did so for 3 years. It was fun and fast paced. The employees would have a good time but knew when to get serious. Sometimes the public would be very difficult to deal with but it was worth it.
A fast paced and exciting environment
Hourly Manager/Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Weddington, NCJuly 28, 2014
Pros: half off orders for employees and adequate breaks.
Cons: sometimes pretty stressful.
Working at Papa Johns, like every other restaurant, will have its ups and downs. There will be days when there is not enough staff to cover business and everyone will have to work that much harder to get through while satisfying customers or there may be too many employees at work and the drivers may not make as much as they would like. Typically there – more... is a proper balance of staff to accommodate sales.
There are always a wide variety of people that work at Papa Johns and always new faces. Most are quite enjoyable to be around and add to the excitement of working there which is probably the best part of the job.
Consistently working with others helped me to build teamwork skills and how to accept help from others. – less
It is a rip-off
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), huntersville ncJuly 26, 2014
Pros: its a part time job
Cons: not many hours, pays minimum wage.
Pays minimum wage. Depending on your job, you may not get hours. Management is a joke. High turnover of managers. They don't even pay for mileage(If you deliver)If I remember correctly.It is good if you need a little extra cash and have extra time in the evenings during the dinner rush.
Fun place to work but complete lack of professionalism.
In-Store Customer Service (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 26, 2014
Pros: free or discounted food, fun and fast paced environment.
Cons: no professionalism or responsibility.
The typical day was easy, walk in and clock on then make pizzas or prepare the store for the rush until they want you to leave.

This job educated me on the ups and downs of food service as well as the need for quality employees and management.

Management was a joke until the most recent general manager who began to turn the store around when I quit.

The – more... co-workers all were there to have fun and make money rather than putting in the effort to work a full day.

The hardest part of the job was the inconsistent hours, getting called in on a day off or staying 3 hours later.

The ease of working was the most enjoyable part, sometimes hours would go by with close to no business. – less
Fun work place
CSR/ Driver/Marketing (Former Employee), Various Stores in GAJuly 25, 2014
I like working there I just need to move on to a higher paying job.
Great Workplace
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Greenwood, SCJuly 24, 2014
Great workplace. Training was good. they showed exactly how to do everything correctly. Enjoyed working with my coworkers.
Never a dull moment.
General Manager / Area Supervisor (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 24, 2014
The franchisee that I worked for was great. I started out as a delivery driver and then went into management, after three years I was promoted to area supervisor. I became responsible for five area units. Duties included hiring and training management personel, developing staff members, budgeting , advertising store level and market wise. I enjoyed – more... the diversity of people that I got to interact with daily team members and customers. – less
Fun and Productive
Assistant Manager/Shift Leader (Former Employee), Topeka, KSJuly 24, 2014
I learned a lot about managing a small crew and how to distribute the best product possible.
Faced paced, pizza making, dough slapping, fun environment
CSR/Cashier (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCJuly 24, 2014
A typical day at work varied from a slow evening to a face paced hectic shift. Answering telephones, handling cash and credit card transactions, dealing with walk-in customers. Management was very helpful and did their part to keep the company running smoothly . The hardest part of the job was having to stand on your feet for hours at a time and the – more... best part is being told your store is the best in town. – less
suck
Make Line (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 23, 2014
they replaced me while i was on vacation and offered me some bs position handing out flyers
delivery driver
Pizza Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Shorewood, ILJuly 23, 2014
Pros: non
Cons: allot of miles on my car, and not enough money
delivering pizzas,cleaning,stocking inre\\gredients,register
Quick Service and Good Employees
My supervisor there was Stauffer Cochran (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: fast-paced
Cons: high pressured
A hectic atmosphere causes some expected problems at any workplace, but this one balances out because of the work ethic that the staff has.
Better Ingredients Better Pizza....
Food prep and cooking (Former Employee), North Las Vegas, NVJuly 23, 2014
Pros: great team, pay wages
At this company I was given the responsibility of Closing and locking the doors for the night, but not limited to; making sure we where stocked with Items, and making sure supplies were in order and prepped for our next day shifts. I took inventory of all items in stock and made sure i communicated with my supervisors.
efficient workplace with opportunites for advancement
delivery driver (Former Employee), miami, FLJuly 23, 2014
Pros: great hours
Cons: few breaks
During my time with papa john's I worked with some really fine store managers and I decided that after I completed my degree I wanted to become a part of the papa john's management team.
it was very slow on certain days
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 22, 2014
i had to make sure deliveries were on time, cleaned my area and i preped food every day
A fun, fast paced environment
Sales and Customer Service (Former Employee), Hiram, GAJuly 22, 2014
Pros: free pizza! flexible schedule, great second income
Cons: wear and tear on my vehicle
I never knew what a day would bring! I met so many interesting people and I liked all my co-workers.
Medeocre Job.
Driver and In-Store Cashier (Former Employee), Athens, TNJuly 22, 2014
Pros: free pizza. loved the coworkers. enjoyed the responsibility.
Cons: tips fluxuated too greatly to consider a stable job. car wear was never compensated for.
Was a relatively easy job, however expectations of delivery times were unrealistic. Delivered pizza to various locations, took orders via, phone, internet, and in person. Transported sums of money up to $400. Occasionally would assemble orders.
Productive Workplace
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Daytona Beach, FLJuly 22, 2014
Pros: tips and pizza.
Cons: long hours.
We maintain a good work environment, so that when we are busy everyone knows what they are good at and does that job until the delivery driver has to take the deliveries. Most days at the workplace are steady business wise and i have learned multiple ways of dealing with emotional customers, gaining more patiences with customers who are unsure of thier – more... toppings on pizzas and being a safer driver around the road. My co workers maintain a great atmosphere in the store and we get along very well. The best part of being a delivery driver to me is the excitement that the children have knowing that I have brought them their pizza. – less
Papa John's
Advertiser (Former Employee), SittingbourneJuly 22, 2014
Pros: free lunches was included a normal menu of papa john's menu.
My review on Papa John's working place was really fun.
The typical day at work was going out delivering leaflets in houses.
I had my partner with me who was delivering leaflets to, we were two people on thousands of houses.
I've learned that working is a hard job, but it also can be hard fun job also it learned me that any job is an experience no matter – more... what job or how long you have to work.

The hardest part of the job was carrying leaflets on the back in a round sum there was about 30-40 kilograms of leaflets on my back that's about 2 simple full boxes of leaflets.

The most enjoyable part of this job was actually going out on the streets in nice weather, communicate with other people. – less

About Papa John's

Papa John's Pizza is the third largest take-out and delivery pizza restaurant chain in the United States, behind Pizza Hut and – Read more