Papa John's Employee Reviews

relaxed workplace and friendly co-workers
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON22 April 2015
Overall great experience with employment and management team. I was treated well and the people were extremely friendly. I learned how to speak to customers and provide quality customer service.
Pros
discount on pizza
Cons
got very busy sometimes
productive and fun
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 September 2014
Supervised up to 8 people at a time
Very busy shifts
making pizza
taking orders I learned how to manage a group of employees
Pros
free food
Cons
long shifts
Fun place to work.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB (Belle Rive)2 August 2014
All the training is provided.
The restaurant is more like a family than a group of employees.
Manager is very easy going and does his share of work.
Pros
Free food while on duty. 50% of when off duty.
Productive, easy-going-fast-paced-and fun environment.
Cashier/ Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 July 2014
A typical day at work would include arriving there fifteen minutes early to put on required uniform provided from Papa John's, and self-bought khakis and black shoes. Clock-in at scheduled time, and start preparing and cooking ordered food, so it can be ready for pick-up or delivery.

Cooking would include following standard health codes such as serving sizes, throwing away expired food and replacing it with fresh food, setting the stove to the perfect temperature for cooking, washing hands after every completed task, and cleaning the food station. Cooks are also required to work at the cash register when needed, of course, after they wash there hands completely.

Co-workers were a variety of young-adults, and adults. People whom were older in age were typically managers. Everyone was relatively friendly, and professional at the workplace and worked with urgency to get the job done.

The hardest part of the job, anyone would agree, would be difficult customers. Difficult customers aren't just coming with complaints, which would be easy to deal with, but they come with raised voices and threats. But this seldom occurred, due to customer service

The most enjoyable part of the job was how nice people are at the workplace, and how well everyone worked together, people never started work drama or harassed anyone.
Pros
Discounts, free lunches
Review
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB21 July 2014
Was a good job. The owner was not so great. The people that worked there before gave the store a bad rep. So when I was working there it was hard to get that rep back on the good side.
Energetic people with innovative solutions.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB14 July 2014
Having to come to work in a face-past environment. Training new employees and dealing with the delivery services. The hardest part of the job was telling people what to do, but it's something I learnt to handle well. Management could be confusing, working with young students and some car problems can occur in the delivery business, so we had a lot of people on call.
Pros
Free lunches and tips.
Cons
Always night shift and cant take breaks in restaurant business.
Productive and fast-paced environment to work in.
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB26 June 2014
My typical day starts as opening the store in the morning, counting float cash register, switch all the machines for daily operation, preparing the mis-en plus such as food preps. check any planned ahead order for the day. My co-workers are very hard working and friendly to work with. The hardest part of the day would be when sometimes one has to work alone in the afternoon and there might be a rush and the person has cope up all alone. The most enjoyable part is the rush hour where orders keeps coming, phones are continuously ringing to place orders, customers are lining up inside the store to order or to pick up their pizza orders. It is a quite challenging situation and time pass by quickly.
Pros
50 percent off when staffs order food.
Cons
When the communication systems are down.
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB25 June 2014
The place is busy in autumn and winter but it is slow in summer. We make the best pizza in Lethbridge.
Pros
no comment
Cons
no comment
Busy setting, Amiable work place and Enjoyable encounter with customers in a daily basis
IN STORE (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB19 June 2014
My post as In-Store at Papa Johns taught me a lot on proper dealing with customers. Although it was just a short stint I have learned to love the tasks I was assigned to.
It was my first job
Cash register and customer service (Former Employee) –  spruce grove alberta2 June 2014
Working at papa johns was a good experience being my first job. i worked there for approximately 10 to 11 months. i then got a job that summer at Sportchek where i worked both for 3 weeks. I then left because of some issues between my self and the owner over the cleanliness of the food that he was serving. i am an honest person and don't care for store owners lying to his/her costumers.
Pros
Free pizza. first job
Cons
not great pay
Bad
Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  upper michigan29 May 2014
Upper management is not to keen on helping e\with tthe overall bottom line . there Goal is just do it .
Pros
free ffood
Cons
bad hours
Fun place to work but very few advancement opportunities
Assistant Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 March 2014
Its a really fun, but hard paced workplace which keeps you busy constantly.
Fantastic summer or student job
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  sussex NB26 March 2014
Fast paced environment with wonderful staff who are the salt of the earth.
Pros
the people
Fun workplace
Staff (Current Employee) –  Kamloops BC3 March 2014
Typical day involved making pizzas, delivering pizza's, answering the phone, doing prep
sit around and do nothig
pizza delivery (Former Employee) –  calgary20 February 2014
it was an alright thing to do in between jobs however the job comes nowhere close to paying a living wage.
Not Good
Pizza Delivery and Kitchen help (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON17 January 2014
Left this job because at the end of the night I was to be paid for my hours and tips from my deliveries. The night manager never gave me the right amount. I did enjoy the work.
A very nice place to work.
cook/cashier/inventory counter/dish washer (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB28 September 2013
A typical day: answering phones, taking orders, slapping dough, making pizza, cutting pizza, sweeping/mopping floors, inventory counting, stocking inventory, cleaning tables/counters, washing dishes.
good workplace and good staff
crew member (Current Employee) –  brantford ontario22 July 2013
the workplace is fun a accepting but at the same time everyone is there to work hard for the customers everyone is friendly and easy going.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  woodstock, on17 July 2013
Good job, just not enough hours. Not busy enough to get more hours. Been here for 2 years. Hardest part.. isn't really anything, its easy,
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Not enough hours.
papa john
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 March 2013
its a chill place and its pretty easy going, but i`m ready for a change.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Papa John's. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8