Papa John's Employee Reviews

Not the best working conditions
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 December 2015
We were understaffed, and had some employees who just didn't care about their work which affected the atmosphere of the workplace.
Fun place to work
DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 November 2015
I didn't learn much about the industry but I had a lot of fun working the it is a very upbeat and positive place to work always a good time and I am glad I kept the friendships I made there.
Pros
short hours
Cons
paid for your own gas
Fun people, bad work conditions
Closing manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON5 November 2015
I enjoyed the people I worked with during the time I was employed at Papa Johns however the management was horrible. Half the time I would not get paid the full amount I worked and had to confront my boss about it. There was no security cameras installed which I found a big issue. I also found myself bullied by the boss on several occasions.
Pros
50% discount on all food items
Cons
Poor management
Unpleasent to work at a store where everyone just speaks in their language and not English
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 October 2015
Always ended up receiving contradicting instructions from different people and often in a language I don't understand.
Pros
Free pizza now and then
Cons
Awful workplace environment
Delivered Pizzas
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Danville, QC9 October 2015
I delivered pizzas for Papa Johns and ensured that i drove safely and expedited the delivery of the product to the customers.
A fun workplace
In Store (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 September 2015
Work hours are not that long and are negotiable with the manager. My time management has greatly improved. Co-workers are nice and are willing to switch shifts/take over shifts when you need them too. The best part of the job is the laid back atmosphere once the orders slow down and the seriousness of it when it gets busy again.
Pros
Free 10 inch pizza
Cons
Free 10 inch pizza
Customer Service focused
Delivery driver/ (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB28 July 2015
Good for part time working commitment. Hours fluctuate depending on business needs. Good for students, young adults, and retired individuals.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Low wage, No health benifits
typical day
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON25 July 2015
show up at 4
make pizzas at 415
deliver by 5

repeat until midnight
non stop so it didn't get boring, working with many different people got exciting
Pros
handmaking pizza
Cons
money
Fun workplace, terrible management
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  London, ON28 June 2015
- Started with a dinner rush
- Slight break until the student late night study rush would hit
- Management was very bad, untrained, abusive
- Fellow employees were amazing, great group of people
- Hardest part was a non compliant boss
- Best part was the co-workers
Pros
Lots of pizza
Cons
Very busy and understaffed often
Productive as well as an educational environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON30 April 2015
A typical day at work would consist of preparing daily routines while reducing and controlling expenses by following labor costs. Input inventory as well as input and output transfers. Handle as well as output payroll to contract drivers. Switch over shift by counting down tills, counting all cash drops to accurately match the system cash management. Order from venders. Train as well as manage staff to allow effective teamwork. Direct on floor staff to create productive dynamics and increase business goals. Work with profit system to monitor daily goals, open restaurant, track staff hours, input cash, output cash, input inventory, process transfers, calculate contract drivers payroll, create prep list, create roster reports, create bank deposits, receive as well as complete customer orders. Ensure customer relations, satisfaction and needs are met on a day to day basis. The hardest part of my job is being able to provide the correct form of guidance, suited to each employee, to steer workers in the right direction for ultimate success based on their strengths and weakness'. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing my co-workers are able to confide in me to bring forth issues that need resolving and being able to interact on a one on one basis with new customers each day allowing our business to have and to expand with great reputation.
Pros
Friendly Environment
Cons
relaxed workplace and friendly co-workers
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON22 April 2015
Overall great experience with employment and management team. I was treated well and the people were extremely friendly. I learned how to speak to customers and provide quality customer service.
Pros
discount on pizza
Cons
got very busy sometimes
productive and fun
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 September 2014
Supervised up to 8 people at a time
Very busy shifts
making pizza
taking orders I learned how to manage a group of employees
Pros
free food
Cons
long shifts
Fun place to work.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB (Belle Rive)2 August 2014
All the training is provided.
The restaurant is more like a family than a group of employees.
Manager is very easy going and does his share of work.
Pros
Free food while on duty. 50% of when off duty.
Productive, easy-going-fast-paced-and fun environment.
Cashier/ Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 July 2014
A typical day at work would include arriving there fifteen minutes early to put on required uniform provided from Papa John's, and self-bought khakis and black shoes. Clock-in at scheduled time, and start preparing and cooking ordered food, so it can be ready for pick-up or delivery.

Cooking would include following standard health codes such as serving sizes, throwing away expired food and replacing it with fresh food, setting the stove to the perfect temperature for cooking, washing hands after every completed task, and cleaning the food station. Cooks are also required to work at the cash register when needed, of course, after they wash there hands completely.

Co-workers were a variety of young-adults, and adults. People whom were older in age were typically managers. Everyone was relatively friendly, and professional at the workplace and worked with urgency to get the job done.

The hardest part of the job, anyone would agree, would be difficult customers. Difficult customers aren't just coming with complaints, which would be easy to deal with, but they come with raised voices and threats. But this seldom occurred, due to customer service

The most enjoyable part of the job was how nice people are at the workplace, and how well everyone worked together, people never started work drama or harassed anyone.
Pros
Discounts, free lunches
Review
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB21 July 2014
Was a good job. The owner was not so great. The people that worked there before gave the store a bad rep. So when I was working there it was hard to get that rep back on the good side.
Energetic people with innovative solutions.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB14 July 2014
Having to come to work in a face-past environment. Training new employees and dealing with the delivery services. The hardest part of the job was telling people what to do, but it's something I learnt to handle well. Management could be confusing, working with young students and some car problems can occur in the delivery business, so we had a lot of people on call.
Pros
Free lunches and tips.
Cons
Always night shift and cant take breaks in restaurant business.
Productive and fast-paced environment to work in.
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB26 June 2014
My typical day starts as opening the store in the morning, counting float cash register, switch all the machines for daily operation, preparing the mis-en plus such as food preps. check any planned ahead order for the day. My co-workers are very hard working and friendly to work with. The hardest part of the day would be when sometimes one has to work alone in the afternoon and there might be a rush and the person has cope up all alone. The most enjoyable part is the rush hour where orders keeps coming, phones are continuously ringing to place orders, customers are lining up inside the store to order or to pick up their pizza orders. It is a quite challenging situation and time pass by quickly.
Pros
50 percent off when staffs order food.
Cons
When the communication systems are down.
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB25 June 2014
The place is busy in autumn and winter but it is slow in summer. We make the best pizza in Lethbridge.
Pros
no comment
Cons
no comment
Busy setting, Amiable work place and Enjoyable encounter with customers in a daily basis
IN STORE (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB19 June 2014
My post as In-Store at Papa Johns taught me a lot on proper dealing with customers. Although it was just a short stint I have learned to love the tasks I was assigned to.
It was my first job
Cash register and customer service (Former Employee) –  spruce grove alberta2 June 2014
Working at papa johns was a good experience being my first job. i worked there for approximately 10 to 11 months. i then got a job that summer at Sportchek where i worked both for 3 weeks. I then left because of some issues between my self and the owner over the cleanliness of the food that he was serving. i am an honest person and don't care for store owners lying to his/her costumers.
Pros
Free pizza. first job
Cons
not great pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Papa John's. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8