Papa John's

Papa John's Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
fun but hectic workplace
Inside Sales (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKApril 4, 2014
I enjoyed my time at papa johns in my teenage years, I generally answered phones and helped on the make line. the management and my co-workers consisted of people that I still have friendships with. there was no hard part to this job and I enjoyed almost every bit of my time there.
a fun short-term job that lasted too long
Delivery driver (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNApril 3, 2014
Pros: money, schedule
Cons: no healthcare
It's hard to walk away from a job where people are throwing money at you. Managers were miserable so I wasn't interested in advancement.
Great Place to Work
Papa John's Customer Service (Current Employee), Louisville, KYApril 2, 2014
Pros: hourly wage, flexibility, management, environment
Papa John's Operations Call Center is a great place to work.
An productive day at work
Crew Member (Current Employee), Columbia, SCApril 2, 2014
Pros: free food, flexible schedule
Cons: short breaks, not many hours
When working at Papa John's I've learned that you have to deal with customers a different way to make your job easier. You have to learn how to let the customer have his/her way with you so any confusion will not start. At Papa John's you kind of manage yourself unless the head manager tells you that you may leave or ask you to do something for them – more... or gives you a different task to do. My co-workers are like my family at Papa John's we are a team but we are also a family. The hardest part about working at Papa John's is communicating or trying to communicate with a customer that doesn't want to listen to you. The most enjoyable part about my job is laughing with my team mates no matter how tough the job gets we always keep a smile on our face and get the job done. – less
fun work place
Supervisor (Current Employee), SolihullApril 1, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: good hours
serving customers face to face / over the phone
helping kitchen staff with preparing customers orders
helping the delivery drivers with directions of the customers house
decent management
can have laugh at all times with other work staff
Customer Service Enviornment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Martinsburg, WVApril 1, 2014
Pros: discounted lunch
Cons: healthcare
Busy full of orders, Being promoted within a month at my very first job was very important. The management team wasn't the greatest. My co workers tend to come across as lazy a lot. Dealing with laziness was difficult. Customer Service was instilled within me at a very young age.
could be better managed
cook and cashier (Former Employee), Forest Park, GAApril 1, 2014
A typical day at work was very crazy some of my co-workers was very rude
very bad management
Driver (Former Employee), richmond,vaMarch 31, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: tears up car, not enough money
not a great place for someone looking to make money unless you are going out for management but even then you are stress out beyond belief
great job for new people to the workforce
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Smithfield, VAMarch 31, 2014
Pros: daily pay
Cons: cheap customers and little pay
Over all nice job..great co workers and management..just not much pay
Fun and easy going. Free pizza.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), El Paso, TXMarch 31, 2014
Pros: free pizza and flexible hours.
Cons: no benefits.
I really enjoy working at Papa John's. It has taught me a lot about customer service. I have also learned about correcting problems and making things right. I really like how they make your schedule to fit your needs and work with you when you need certain days off or extra hours.
Friendly and family type environment
Shift Leader (Current Employee), Tyrone, GAMarch 30, 2014
Pros: steady work
Cons: no breaks, unfair work environment
working at papa johns as a shift leader is never the same everyday there is always something different, either its the customers or the employees there is always some type of a surprise. From my point of view upper management is unfair, the hardest part of my job is having to take heat for someone who isn't doing their job even if my job is done.
pizza man
DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee), Phenix City, ALMarch 29, 2014
Pros: fun
Cons: bad for car
it was a fun job with free pizza every once and a while, it was murder on the car but i got to meat alotta cool people i hated fridays saturdays and sundays people order pizza but you can't get a tip around the south side of phenix city
Ok place to work
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Cary, NCMarch 28, 2014
A good starter job, some long term if you don't want to have a life
Pizza delivery
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Algonquin, ILMarch 27, 2014
Great job if you're in high school or just graduated. Taught me a lot about the value of an education.
Only for young students
General Manager (Former Employee), Duncanville, TXMarch 27, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: no weekend off and no benefits at all
For management expect to work long hours for low pay. Co-workers can be a blast to work with but the upper management is horrible. Very simple and easy job just bad compensation and management. Worked for a franchise not corporate.
Provides excellent insight into the retail industry
General Manager (Current Employee), Berwyn, PAMarch 26, 2014
Pros: discounted lunch, customer interaction, and hands on training.
Cons: pay/benefits and advancement
The day starts with reviewing the previous night's sales and overseeing inventory. Cash flow and management is also an important start to the day. Management gives you the opportunities to work freely and independently. My co-workers are all diverse and eager to work throughout their shifts. The hardest part of the job is marketing to your customer – more... base and drawing in new sales. The most enjoyable part of the job is the challenge that comes with trying to grow the business. – less
Intersting and challenging
Assistant Manager in Training (Former Employee), Irmo,S.C.March 26, 2014
This job was challenging and interesting for new comers but did not allow for advancement the way that should have been followed
It was a fun atmosphere when working along other employees.
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee), Norwich, ENGMarch 26, 2014
Pros: being able to have a short break when we had quiet periods
Cons: short hours
A typical day at work would be making pizzas to an excellent standard whilst ensuring all pizzas for collection are cooked and ready within 10-15 minutes and deliveries to be made and delivered within 30 minutes.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to be able to have a laugh with other employees whilst working at a high standard.
fun workplace
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Holland, MIMarch 25, 2014
Pros: great pizza
I would make pizzas, learned how to toss dough, deliver to happy customers. very fun employee atmoshere.
Always had to be running and active.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Wichita, KSMarch 25, 2014
Working at Papa John's was a great place, though most of the time i never got a break and used a lot of gas it was great to be able to be active and moving. I love being hands on and to go as fast as possible.

About Papa John's

Papa John's Pizza is the third largest take-out and delivery pizza restaurant chain in the United States, behind Pizza Hut and – Read more