Papa John's
1,851 reviews

Papa John's Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Even paced steady work environment!
Cook/Dish Washer/Customer Service (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKDecember 6, 2012
Day to day work was to make,prepare and store pizza dough. Sauce and put toppings on the pizzas according to the order and cook them. work the cashier and provide the best customer service possible. The management was layed back and often off there feet when it came to there duties such as providing work materials.
My co workers were easy to get along with and did there part.
The hardest part of the job was cleaning the oven every time it needed to be cleaned. The best part of the job for me was preparing the pizzas to be cooked.
Easygoing workplace with friendly a staff!
Cook/Dish Washer/Customer Service (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKSeptember 8, 2012
Pros: layed back and fun work
Cons: not enough hours
it was a good working environment, never had any problems and the job was fairly layed back but i did not enjoy the lack of hours with this job!
pizza and customers equal pride in product
Store Manager (Former Employee), brantford ontarioApril 10, 2012
team oriented. customer oriented. product quality is above many many pizza places.
Good if you need money bi-weekly
Machine operator (Former Employee), Graham, NCJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: hours
Cons: late nights
Very easy going company, very efficient labor operation, overtime is promised every week if willing to work
Very fun job and awsome management
Shift manager (Former Employee), Grants Pass, ORJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: fun job that allowed growth and new opportunity
Cons: dont give raises often at all, it takes years and years to get one
This job was my very first job. I made pizzas, prepped food, delivered food, I was a shift manager so i ran shifts, I was in charge of the crew working. I did all of it and I really enjoyed that. I enjoyed being a shift manager and learning management skills. I had to take a class in medford and takes tests in order to become one, but i enjoyed all of that. I liked being challenged and learning new things. The management was very encouraging and supportive of the indivual wanting to learn and grow, and they would always show us new ways how.
.i loved this job
assistant manager (Former Employee), Venice, FLJanuary 22, 2015
.this was the best job i have ever had i started as a cook left as the assistant manager i love people and making a great product that customers enjoy and making a great environment for my employees to work in
Life of a Driver
Driver (Current Employee), Wood River, ILJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: schedule
Cons: pay
I am a delivery driver. I use this as a second source of income. I have cleaning task and other responsibilities. I enjoy my co-workers, and the fun easy going atmosphere. Ive learned that customers are always right.
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Pompano Beach, FLJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: bad hours
• Managed and operated multiple locations with up to eight employees
• Responsible for the daily operations of restaurant to include opening and closing, inventory, and supervision of daily business operations
• Maintained cleanliness of restaurant facility using the 3 step cleaning method also trained and motivated employees in customer service, outside delivery and in store orders on all aspects of food preparation and hygiene care
Great 1st job!
Shift leader (Current Employee), Athens, TNJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: 1/2 off all of your food orders.
Cons: short breaks, no weekends off, no advancement/promotions.
Papa Johns is a great place to work for a first job. Its a fun yet challenging environment. You have to be able to multitask. There is so much going on at once (Phones ringing, customers waiting, oven tending, dough to be made and pizzas to be made). I learned how to deal with upset/angry customers. I learned how to work the cash register and handle money properly. The hardest part of the job is when we're busy and shorthanded. There is just simply to much work to be done with little to no help. The best part of the job however is its an overall good job and is a perfect first job because it will teach you many things you need to learn in order to work and keep a job.
Great job to match up with time for college.
Delivery Driver / Server (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: employee discounts on meals, flexible hours, not boring..
Cons: low pay, poor benefits
On a typical day of work I will prepare the store for business in rush hours, take customers orders, make the orders, and deliver the orders. I learned a good bit in customer service, and training new workers. The management is a little difficult because a lot of the people working as managers don't have a lot of work history and there is a high turnover rate, co workers are about the same. Hardest part of work is dealing with the high turnover rate. Most enjoyable part of the job is the easily adjustable schedule..
Job
delivery driver (Former Employee), Middleburg, FLJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: low pay
I worked as a delivery driver delivering the pizzas to the customers. When delivering pizza I had to make sure I was there on time and the times when I was a little late I was able to deal with irate customers and talk to them and make them happy.
The job gets old after awhile
Delivery Route Driver (Current Employee), New Hartford, NYJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: free pizza
Cons: wear and tear on car
The papa johns store is not a bad work place at all the only bummer is you have to use your own car which puts a lot of wear and tear on your. The tips are alright unless you go to Utica then not so much.
Fast workplace, with a fun but fast work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Bladensburg, MDJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: learning something new, co workers, and energy
Cons: healthcare, benefits
A normal day would begin with calculating, pre-prepping food according to daily charts, and team shift meetings according to day to day chart. This job taught me the values of teamwork, and work place organization. Along with cleanliness, work delegation, and self responsibility. Co-workers and employees worked just as hard, so disagreements, discipline notices, and work acknowledgement came according to co-workers and employees quality in the workplace. Hardest part of the job the job was call outs, holidays, and events, due to customer volume, and food orders. Best part of the job was the customer reviews, and job acknowledgements/accomplishments.
Terrible place to work! Managers and Employees are rude!
Driver (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 20, 2015
Its not a good place. The managers and employees are rude and the pay is terrible. Managers scream at the employees. Employees fight in the store. Don't work there period!
It was nice experience to work with them.
Cashier/CSR [Part-Time] (Former Employee), Ahmedabad, GJJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: free lunch
well in a pizza place like this,weekend can be typical due to heavy crowd,but I learned the time management like how can i manage my time to work fast in order to deal with the customers.Environment of the colleagues were co-operative and enthusiastic.
Papa Johns
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: fast pace
Cons: short staffed too often
Some of the best people in the world work for Papa John’s. Co-workers were very friendly and easy to work with. The environment was fast paced but fun. Having done it myself I gained a new appreciation for the workers in the food delivery business – especially the drivers.
It's a great job in the interim while seeking a better opportunity
Driver (Current Employee), Burtonsville, MDJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: quick money
Cons: business falls off from time to time.
A day at Papa Johns entails working in a fast paced environment around many different personalities. Dealing with customers can often be a daunting task that requires a lot of patience. The most difficult aspect of the job is balancing your time between customers, food prep, and delivery as there are often times a short staff. I have learned from management and my co workers the value of dedication and the role of being a team player. My favorite part of the job at Papa Johns is enjoying a slice of New York style pizza.
fun workplace
Shift Leader (Current Employee), Manassas, VAJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: free pizza
fun workplace,great teamfun workplace,great teamfun workplace,great team
Perfect college job
Delivery Driver/Cook (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: quick cash in pocket, weekly paychecks, easy work environment
Cons: maintenance of your own vehicle, only really busy at night/weekends
Get a cheap, reliable, efficient vehicle, and you have yourself sufficient income to go to school. Delivery hours are in the evenings, so school during the day is possible. If you know how to do routine, preventative maintenance, like oil changes, tire rotations, brake pads, starters, batteries, transmission/coolant flushes and fills, this is an excellent job.
Great entry -level job.
In-store Service/Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJanuary 18, 2015
A typical day at work was spent answering phones to process orders and making pizzas.

About Papa John's

Papa John's Pizza is the third largest take-out and delivery pizza restaurant chain in the United States, behind Pizza Hut and – Read more