Papa John's
2,116 reviews

Papa John's Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
poor care and training of employees, too much concern for sales dollers and not eough concern for achieving high quality products.
General Manager (Former Employee), Taber, ABJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: experience
Cons: never being able to turn off my phone
A typical day began with inspecting the store for cleanliness, levels of prepared products and reviewing the paperwork of the night before. Next step was to remove dough from the cooler so it could warm up and be the proper temperature for cooking. Then i would start my sinks in the dish pit to do dishes i would need to have clean to make pizzas and prepare toppings for the day. Last thing i would do is call my delivery driver to be sure i had one. Even though the town's average pay rate for delivery driving is between $7.00 and $9.00 per delivery our owners insist on paying our drivers $4.00 per delivery wich made it next to imposssible to keep drivers let alone hire ones that would represent ppj's properly. i would then spend the day preping and cleaning and solving problems as they came up. Twice a week i would wrestle with a too small budget to re-supply the store and once every 2 weeks i would make up the schedule. Every employee was expected to be able to handle store at any time by themselves regardless of training or experience. I was expected to be availible to come in at anytime to rescue them (not an issue with me) but an issue that could have been resolved better if the owner was willing to spend the money and time on better training and more hours for the employees to improve their levels of experience. Hardest part was juggling ppj's expectaions with my owners expectations with what was phiscally possible by my employees and I. The people themselves that i worked with were the most enjoyable part of this job and the next, was the reponsibility of being a manager.
Even paced steady work environment!
Cook/Dish Washer/Customer Service (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKDecember 6, 2012
Day to day work was to make,prepare and store pizza dough. Sauce and put toppings on the pizzas according to the order and cook them. work the cashier and provide the best customer service possible. The management was layed back and often off there feet when it came to there duties such as providing work materials.
My co workers were easy to get along with and did there part.
The hardest part of the job was cleaning the oven every time it needed to be cleaned. The best part of the job for me was preparing the pizzas to be cooked.
Easygoing workplace with friendly a staff!
Cook/Dish Washer/Customer Service (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKSeptember 8, 2012
Pros: layed back and fun work
Cons: not enough hours
it was a good working environment, never had any problems and the job was fairly layed back but i did not enjoy the lack of hours with this job!
pizza and customers equal pride in product
Store Manager (Former Employee), brantford ontarioApril 10, 2012
team oriented. customer oriented. product quality is above many many pizza places.

About Papa John's

Papa John's Pizza is the third largest take-out and delivery pizza restaurant chain in the United States, behind Pizza Hut and – Read more