Papa John's Employee Reviews in Canada

It was my first job
Cash register and customer service (Former Employee) –  spruce grove albertaJune 2, 2014
Working at papa johns was a good experience being my first job. i worked there for approximately 10 to 11 months. i then got a job that summer at Sportchek where i worked both for 3 weeks. I then left because of some issues between my self and the owner over the cleanliness of the food that he was serving. i am an honest person and don't care for store owners lying to his/her costumers.
Pros
free pizza. first job
Cons
not great pay
Bad
Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  upper michiganMay 29, 2014
Upper management is not to keen on helping e\with tthe overall bottom line . there Goal is just do it .
Pros
free ffood
Cons
bad hours
Fun place to work but very few advancement opportunities
Assistant Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 30, 2014
Its a really fun, but hard paced workplace which keeps you busy constantly.
Fantastic summer or student job
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  sussex NBMarch 26, 2014
Fast paced environment with wonderful staff who are the salt of the earth.
Pros
the people
Fun workplace
Staff (Current Employee) –  Kamloops BCMarch 3, 2014
Typical day involved making pizzas, delivering pizza's, answering the phone, doing prep
sit around and do nothig
pizza delivery (Former Employee) –  calgaryFebruary 20, 2014
it was an alright thing to do in between jobs however the job comes nowhere close to paying a living wage.
Not Good
Pizza Delivery and Kitchen help (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJanuary 17, 2014
Left this job because at the end of the night I was to be paid for my hours and tips from my deliveries. The night manager never gave me the right amount. I did enjoy the work.
A very nice place to work.
cook/cashier/inventory counter/dish washer (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, ABSeptember 28, 2013
A typical day: answering phones, taking orders, slapping dough, making pizza, cutting pizza, sweeping/mopping floors, inventory counting, stocking inventory, cleaning tables/counters, washing dishes.
good workplace and good staff
crew member (Current Employee) –  brantford ontarioJuly 22, 2013
the workplace is fun a accepting but at the same time everyone is there to work hard for the customers everyone is friendly and easy going.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  woodstock, onJuly 17, 2013
Good job, just not enough hours. Not busy enough to get more hours. Been here for 2 years. Hardest part.. isn't really anything, its easy,
Pros
good staff
Cons
not enough hours.
papa john
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 4, 2013
its a chill place and its pretty easy going, but i`m ready for a change.
poor care and training of employees, too much concern for sales dollers and not eough concern for achieving high quality products.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Taber, ABJanuary 3, 2013
A typical day began with inspecting the store for cleanliness, levels of prepared products and reviewing the paperwork of the night before. Next step was to remove dough from the cooler so it could warm up and be the proper temperature for cooking. Then i would start my sinks in the dish pit to do dishes i would need to have clean to make pizzas and prepare toppings for the day. Last thing i would do is call my delivery driver to be sure i had one. Even though the town's average pay rate for delivery driving is between $7.00 and $9.00 per delivery our owners insist on paying our drivers $4.00 per delivery wich made it next to imposssible to keep drivers let alone hire ones that would represent ppj's properly. i would then spend the day preping and cleaning and solving problems as they came up. Twice a week i would wrestle with a too small budget to re-supply the store and once every 2 weeks i would make up the schedule. Every employee was expected to be able to handle store at any time by themselves regardless of training or experience. I was expected to be availible to come in at anytime to rescue them (not an issue with me) but an issue that could have been resolved better if the owner was willing to spend the money and time on better training and more hours for the employees to improve their levels of experience. Hardest part was juggling ppj's expectaions with my owners expectations with what was phiscally possible by my employees and I. The people themselves that i worked with were the most enjoyable part of this job and the next, was the reponsibility of being a manager.
Pros
experience
Cons
never being able to turn off my phone
Even paced steady work environment!
Cook/Dish Washer/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKDecember 6, 2012
Day to day work was to make,prepare and store pizza dough. Sauce and put toppings on the pizzas according to the order and cook them. work the cashier and provide the best customer service possible. The management was layed back and often off there feet when it came to there duties such as providing work materials.
My co workers were easy to get along with and did there part.
The hardest part of the job was cleaning the oven every time it needed to be cleaned. The best part of the job for me was preparing the pizzas to be cooked.
Easygoing workplace with friendly a staff!
Cook/Dish Washer/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKSeptember 8, 2012
it was a good working environment, never had any problems and the job was fairly layed back but i did not enjoy the lack of hours with this job!
Pros
layed back and fun work
Cons
not enough hours
pizza and customers equal pride in product
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  brantford ontarioApril 10, 2012
team oriented. customer oriented. product quality is above many many pizza places.