Papa John's Employee Reviews

A very nice place to work.
cook/cashier/inventory counter/dish washer (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, ABSeptember 28, 2013
A typical day: answering phones, taking orders, slapping dough, making pizza, cutting pizza, sweeping/mopping floors, inventory counting, stocking inventory, cleaning tables/counters, washing dishes.
Easygoing workplace with friendly a staff!
Cook/Dish Washer/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKSeptember 8, 2012
it was a good working environment, never had any problems and the job was fairly layed back but i did not enjoy the lack of hours with this job!
Pros
layed back and fun work
Cons
not enough hours
Fun place to work.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB (Belle Rive)August 2, 2014
All the training is provided.
The restaurant is more like a family than a group of employees.
Manager is very easy going and does his share of work.
Pros
free food while on duty. 50% of when off duty.
Not Good
Pizza Delivery and Kitchen help (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJanuary 17, 2014
Left this job because at the end of the night I was to be paid for my hours and tips from my deliveries. The night manager never gave me the right amount. I did enjoy the work.
Review
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NBJuly 21, 2014
Was a good job. The owner was not so great. The people that worked there before gave the store a bad rep. So when I was working there it was hard to get that rep back on the good side.
productive and fun
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 5, 2014
Supervised up to 8 people at a time
Very busy shifts
making pizza
taking orders I learned how to manage a group of employees
Pros
free food
Cons
long shifts
good workplace and good staff
crew member (Current Employee) –  brantford ontarioJuly 22, 2013
the workplace is fun a accepting but at the same time everyone is there to work hard for the customers everyone is friendly and easy going.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  woodstock, onJuly 17, 2013
Good job, just not enough hours. Not busy enough to get more hours. Been here for 2 years. Hardest part.. isn't really anything, its easy,
Pros
good staff
Cons
not enough hours.
Fun place to work but very few advancement opportunities
Assistant Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 30, 2014
Its a really fun, but hard paced workplace which keeps you busy constantly.
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABJune 25, 2014
The place is busy in autumn and winter but it is slow in summer. We make the best pizza in Lethbridge.
Pros
no comment
Cons
no comment
sit around and do nothig
pizza delivery (Former Employee) –  calgaryFebruary 20, 2014
it was an alright thing to do in between jobs however the job comes nowhere close to paying a living wage.
Bad
Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  upper michiganMay 29, 2014
Upper management is not to keen on helping e\with tthe overall bottom line . there Goal is just do it .
Pros
free ffood
Cons
bad hours
pizza and customers equal pride in product
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  brantford ontarioApril 10, 2012
team oriented. customer oriented. product quality is above many many pizza places.
Fantastic summer or student job
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  sussex NBMarch 26, 2014
Fast paced environment with wonderful staff who are the salt of the earth.
Pros
the people
Fun workplace
Staff (Current Employee) –  Kamloops BCMarch 3, 2014
Typical day involved making pizzas, delivering pizza's, answering the phone, doing prep
papa john
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 4, 2013
its a chill place and its pretty easy going, but i`m ready for a change.
Productive as well as an educational environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ONApril 30, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of preparing daily routines while reducing and controlling expenses by following labor costs. Input inventory as well as input and output transfers. Handle as well as output payroll to contract drivers. Switch over shift by counting down tills, counting all cash drops to accurately match the system cash management. Order from venders. Train as well as manage staff to allow effective teamwork. Direct on floor staff to create productive dynamics and increase business goals. Work with profit system to monitor daily goals, open restaurant, track staff hours, input cash, output cash, input inventory, process transfers, calculate contract drivers payroll, create prep list, create roster reports, create bank deposits, receive as well as complete customer orders. Ensure customer relations, satisfaction and needs are met on a day to day basis. The hardest part of my job is being able to provide the correct form of guidance, suited to each employee, to steer workers in the right direction for ultimate success based on their strengths and weakness'. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing my co-workers are able to confide in me to bring forth issues that need resolving and being able to interact on a one on one basis with new customers each day allowing our business to have and to expand with great reputation.
Pros
Friendly Environment
Cons
Productive, easy-going-fast-paced-and fun environment.
Cashier/ Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 27, 2014
A typical day at work would include arriving there fifteen minutes early to put on required uniform provided from Papa John's, and self-bought khakis and black shoes. Clock-in at scheduled time, and start preparing and cooking ordered food, so it can be ready for pick-up or delivery.

Cooking would include following standard health codes such as serving sizes, throwing away expired food and replacing it with fresh food, setting the stove to the perfect temperature for cooking, washing hands after every completed task, and cleaning the food station. Cooks are also required to work at the cash register when needed, of course, after they wash there hands completely.

Co-workers were a variety of young-adults, and adults. People whom were older in age were typically managers. Everyone was relatively friendly, and professional at the workplace and worked with urgency to get the job done.

The hardest part of the job, anyone would agree, would be difficult customers. Difficult customers aren't just coming with complaints, which would be easy to deal with, but they come with raised voices and threats. But this seldom occurred, due to customer service

The most enjoyable part of the job was how nice people are at the workplace, and how well everyone worked together, people never started work drama or harassed anyone.
Pros
discounts, free lunches
poor care and training of employees, too much concern for sales dollers and not eough concern for achieving high quality products.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Taber, ABJanuary 3, 2013
A typical day began with inspecting the store for cleanliness, levels of prepared products and reviewing the paperwork of the night before. Next step was to remove dough from the cooler so it could warm up and be the proper temperature for cooking. Then i would start my sinks in the dish pit to do dishes i would need to have clean to make pizzas and prepare toppings for the day. Last thing i would do is call my delivery driver to be sure i had one. Even though the town's average pay rate for delivery driving is between $7.00 and $9.00 per delivery our owners insist on paying our drivers $4.00 per delivery wich made it next to imposssible to keep drivers let alone hire ones that would represent ppj's properly. i would then spend the day preping and cleaning and solving problems as they came up. Twice a week i would wrestle with a too small budget to re-supply the store and once every 2 weeks i would make up the schedule. Every employee was expected to be able to handle store at any time by themselves regardless of training or experience. I was expected to be availible to come in at anytime to rescue them (not an issue with me) but an issue that could have been resolved better if the owner was willing to spend the money and time on better training and more hours for the employees to improve their levels of experience. Hardest part was juggling ppj's expectaions with my owners expectations with what was phiscally possible by my employees and I. The people themselves that i worked with were the most enjoyable part of this job and the next, was the reponsibility of being a manager.
Pros
experience
Cons
never being able to turn off my phone