Papa John's

Papa John's Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
papa john
Crew Member (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 4, 2013
its a chill place and its pretty easy going, but i`m ready for a change.
poor care and training of employees, too much concern for sales dollers and not eough concern for achieving high quality products.
General Manager (Former Employee), Taber, ABJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: experience
Cons: never being able to turn off my phone
A typical day began with inspecting the store for cleanliness, levels of prepared products and reviewing the paperwork of the night before. Next step was to remove dough from the cooler so it could warm up and be the proper temperature for cooking. Then i would start my sinks in the dish pit to do dishes i would need to have clean to make pizzas and – more... prepare toppings for the day. Last thing i would do is call my delivery driver to be sure i had one. Even though the town's average pay rate for delivery driving is between $7.00 and $9.00 per delivery our owners insist on paying our drivers $4.00 per delivery wich made it next to imposssible to keep drivers let alone hire ones that would represent ppj's properly. i would then spend the day preping and cleaning and solving problems as they came up. Twice a week i would wrestle with a too small budget to re-supply the store and once every 2 weeks i would make up the schedule. Every employee was expected to be able to handle store at any time by themselves regardless of training or experience. I was expected to be availible to come in at anytime to rescue them (not an issue with me) but an issue that could have been resolved better if the owner was willing to spend the money and time on better training and more hours for the employees to improve their levels of experience. Hardest part was juggling ppj's expectaions with my owners expectations with what was phiscally possible by my employees and I. The people themselves that i worked with were the most enjoyable part of this job and the next, was the reponsibility of being a manager. – less
Even paced steady work environment!
Cook/Dish Washer/Customer Service (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKDecember 6, 2012
Day to day work was to make,prepare and store pizza dough. Sauce and put toppings on the pizzas according to the order and cook them. work the cashier and provide the best customer service possible. The management was layed back and often off there feet when it came to there duties such as providing work materials.
My co workers were easy to get along – more... with and did there part.
The hardest part of the job was cleaning the oven every time it needed to be cleaned. The best part of the job for me was preparing the pizzas to be cooked. – less
Easygoing workplace with friendly a staff!
Cook/Dish Washer/Customer Service (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKSeptember 8, 2012
Pros: layed back and fun work
Cons: not enough hours
it was a good working environment, never had any problems and the job was fairly layed back but i did not enjoy the lack of hours with this job!
pizza and customers equal pride in product
Store Manager (Former Employee), brantford ontarioApril 10, 2012
team oriented. customer oriented. product quality is above many many pizza places.
papa johns
cashier (Former Employee), 14st 1avJuly 20, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks, customer service
i was doing cashier, it was fun to work there, i was learning how to make pizza, i also use to clean and make the boxes.
i would make sure everything is in order and i would also help my coworkers make certain pizzas .
Fun and Great Tips
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Bowling Green, KYJuly 19, 2014
Pros: tips, pay, co-workers
Cons: traffic, paying for your gas
I do not know how it would be to work there now since it has been 5 years ago. It was a great summer job. I delivered pizza and made great tips of Friday and Saturday nights since most of the deliveries were to drunken parties.
friendly enviorment
Phone Operator (Former Employee), Perry, GAJuly 18, 2014
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: harsh standards
It is an excellent place to work but the requirements are harsh. i was told that i HAD to learn and perfectly accomplish in one weeks time what took the other employees 6 months to learn. although i did learn it i still had to speed up or i was gonna be let go.
Meeting new people and giving great customer service.
CREW MEMBER (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 18, 2014
I love coming to work everyday. Even though I have been working a little over a year I always learn somthing new.
enjoyable
Shift supervisor (Former Employee), Elizabethtown, KYJuly 17, 2014
I did like working for this company. The management was helpful when every it was need.
productive
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Kannapolis, NCJuly 17, 2014
Fun place to work. enjoyed my time there and made a lot of friends there
Exciting place to work!
Phone Girl (Former Employee), Cullman, ALJuly 15, 2014
Pros: fun atmosphere, friendly coworkers
Cons: not enough hours to work because of being part-time during school
There was honestly never a dull moment and always something new to learn. I enjoyed learning more about the customers (whom which were sometimes family and friends). I came to know customers on a first name basis (most of them). Management were always considerate of everyone's opinions and thoughts when it came to change within the company/organization.
Fun fast food job, Horrible Management
In-Store/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), New Rochelle, NYJuly 14, 2014
Customers are always right. Remember that, whether they lie for free pizza or make you feel stupid, don't fret, you're getting paid and they're always going to be right. Weekends, holidays and football games things in-store get CRAZY BUSY.
Pizza Delivery
Driver (Current Employee), Lithia Springs, GAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: workinh for tips while putting many miles on automobile
Flexible hours that helped with having to fit work and school into schedule. Good job for college students who need to have time for school.
Productive workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Savannah, GAJuly 13, 2014
8 to 12 hour shifts providing excellent customer service
I have learned how to manage a staff and schedule employees
I most enjoy the customers I meet each day, because each one is unique.
difficult
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Merritt Island, FLJuly 13, 2014
difficult work environment. unwilling to cooperate managers. no room for growth. no flexibility.
Fast-paced, but friendly work environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Arab, ALJuly 11, 2014
Pros: time went by fast, fast-paced, friendly
Cons: you sweat! and the pay is low
I was not at Papa John's for long, however I learned quickly what it takes to work at a pizza delivery company. You have to be fast and ready to accept calls from unruly and prankster-like people.
It is a fair job, but I enjoy the people I work with
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Tifton, GAJuly 11, 2014
Sometimes the work can be stressful, but by the end of the day it is worth it.
Unfair
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Killeen, TXJuly 11, 2014
Got fired and then the manager that fired me got fired for firing to many people...
Decent place
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Commack, NYJuly 10, 2014
Pros: free food
It was a summer job. I was in just for some extra few bucks. Besides that, it teaches you a lot about roads and making decent tips.

About Papa John's

Papa John's Pizza is the third largest take-out and delivery pizza restaurant chain in the United States, behind Pizza Hut and – Read more