Papa John's Employee Reviews

Overall great work experience
General Manager/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON13 January 2017
Papa John's was an amazing experience throughout the time I was working there. I started off at the bottom of the chain and quickly moved up into the GM position with the help of my fellow managers and owners. I gained a tremendous amount of confidence in this role though some times were extremely stressful and hard to get through. I'd rate the experience a 10/10 due to the amazing people I met throughout my employment and the rate at which I was able to advance.
Pros
Steady Advancement, Free Meals, Good Hours
Cons
Very Stressful, HIgh Pace Work Environment, High Turnover
Lively and Friendly Environment
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 December 2016
Co-workers were very friendly and willing to help through training and with any issues that arose. Weekend evenings were very busy but also exciting to keep you on your toes as well as keep you busy during your shift.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
50% discount only at store you were employed at
Some great people
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON16 December 2016
At the beginning the workplace was very fun and welcoming. Management changed a few times but it was going well until a final manager came in and slashed all hours for no reason. I would cut the pizzas and put them into boxes and deliver the pizzas.
Pros
Discounts and sometimes free food
Cons
Did not pay for gas and low pay
Great place
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON12 December 2016
this is a GREAT place to work, had great staff and managers. it was easy to learn and it was very hands on, i can make a pizza almost any kind. i also made dough as well.
Pros
working with food
Cons
not everyone did there job
Work is fantastic at Papa Johns
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edson, AB8 December 2016
I enjoy working for this company for the following reasons:
All the staff gets along.
Work gets done efficiently.
Management is fantastic.
fun workplace with pizza
Pizza Cook (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC26 October 2016
Working at a pizza place requires employees to take multiple tasks in one day. A day in pizza shop usually starts with preparing and making pizzas. When customers come to order, I usually act as a cashier and then make pizzas that customers required. Sometimes I also need to take orders by phone calls. By working at a pizza shop, I have learned how to communicate and deal with different kinds of customers, and I have learned numbers of different spices and how they taste. Also, the most significant knowledge I have learned is how to make different types of pizzas. My co-workers were my best helpers and teachers during the work. They treated my friendly and taught me much experience which helped me to increase my efficiency. The hardest part in this job is to adapt quickly with quality and high efficiency. For example, I have to remember a lot of different recipes, If there was one mistake, I had to make a new one. Also, it took me some time to communicate well in English without being nervous. The most enjoyable part is to meet different challenges. In order to satisfy all customers, I had to be precise with remembering requirements from customers. It becomes harder especially when there was a high volume of orders.
Pros
special discount on buying pizza
Cons
its fun to work with a great co worker
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 October 2016
it is fun working with your friends,co worker..they are really nice. it is fun communicating with the customers. im enjoying talking withe customers explaining for what they asking
Pros
free lunch, 50% off
Cons
Great atmosphere and supportive staff
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 October 2016
A typical day at work is quite simple, yet difficult to learn when you're new there. There's much to learn, but it becomes simple after getting the hang of it. My co-workers are as hard-working as me and the job is distributed equally. Everyone usually has a set "go-to" position when we're there. For example, I'm usually at the makeline, making the pizzas and someone else would be at the dough slapping station, but if that co-worker is busy doing something else, I'd take over and slap for him/her. Overall, it's a fantastic place to work at.
Pros
Staff pizza for breaks
Depends on the owner you work for
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 September 2016
Half my time there was actually fun and got to learn a lot but then store was sold to a new owner who had no ethics or sense of right and wrong and basically was a terror to work for.

Also not a single employee got a raise in 2 years xD
Good people to work with but the owner has little to no experience
Closing Manager (Former Employee) –  Edson, AB26 August 2016
Very stressful job, always understaffed, very low rate of pay for what i had to do proper management never around, worked way to many hours and learned nothing new.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Poorly managed company treats employees even worse
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 July 2016
left because i made less as a manager there than i did entry level with a new company. franchise owners do not care about the cleanliness of their restaurants. all employees do drugs at work, owners do not care as long as they do not ask for a raise. really not sure why i stayed as long as i did, this company serves a terrible product and is a terrible place to work
Pros
free food, flexible hours
Cons
everything else
Enjoyable people to work with
Did all supervisor duties for more than 2 years (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON2 July 2016
Good place to work, bad owners to work for, co workers were the best part about working there, once you create a good staff everything about the job becomes much easier
This is the physical training work for my part time job life.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 April 2016
A typical day at work is the day on Saturday. There has a lots of customers coming to our restaurant that make us very busy and then I lost a table of customers and at the same time they did not pay the bill. Then I repay for them and learned how to do the work be carefully.
It was a great working experience in High-school with great management.
Instore/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 April 2016
I would start each shift by washing my hands and clocking in then immediately find work to do. The work I would do would be from refilling toppings for pizza, refilling the boxes at the front, cleaning the cooking surfaces and handling customers. I learned how to be able to work under high pressure situations and handle these situations responsibly. I also learned how to build a relationship between employer and employee. Majority of co-workers I worked with were hard working people that were easy to get along with in and outside of the workplace. The hardest part of my job was having to deal with a major problem during a busy work time. An example is having to handle a customer who received the wrong order during our busiest time of a shift. My favourite part of the job was being able to work with great people that I would call my friends everyday throughout high-school.
Not the best working conditions
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 December 2015
We were understaffed, and had some employees who just didn't care about their work which affected the atmosphere of the workplace.
Fun place to work
DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 November 2015
I didn't learn much about the industry but I had a lot of fun working the it is a very upbeat and positive place to work always a good time and I am glad I kept the friendships I made there.
Pros
short hours
Cons
paid for your own gas
Fun people, bad work conditions
Closing manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON5 November 2015
I enjoyed the people I worked with during the time I was employed at Papa Johns however the management was horrible. Half the time I would not get paid the full amount I worked and had to confront my boss about it. There was no security cameras installed which I found a big issue. I also found myself bullied by the boss on several occasions.
Pros
50% discount on all food items
Cons
Poor management
Unpleasent to work at a store where everyone just speaks in their language and not English
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 October 2015
Always ended up receiving contradicting instructions from different people and often in a language I don't understand.
Pros
Free pizza now and then
Cons
Awful workplace environment
Delivered Pizzas
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Danville, QC9 October 2015
I delivered pizzas for Papa Johns and ensured that i drove safely and expedited the delivery of the product to the customers.
A fun workplace
In Store (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 September 2015
Work hours are not that long and are negotiable with the manager. My time management has greatly improved. Co-workers are nice and are willing to switch shifts/take over shifts when you need them too. The best part of the job is the laid back atmosphere once the orders slow down and the seriousness of it when it gets busy again.
Pros
Free 10 inch pizza
Cons
Free 10 inch pizza

2.8