Papa John's Employee Reviews

Stressful and Sexist
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB8 April 2017
I did not enjoy working here in the least. The management was extremely rude and sexist. Female workers were told to mainly clean and were treated with such disrespect.
Fast Paced, Diverse
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON1 April 2017
Work was enjoyable & fast paced, I was always kept busy. Management was humorous and easy to get along with, friendly staff - helpful and eager to teach. The hardest part was finishing up the closing dishes at a reasonable hour, overall a great place to work.
Pros
Free drinks, discount food.
fun
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON26 March 2017
good teamwork and management
the hardest part is long hours
great food
great benefits
easy to learn certain tasks
great pay
flexible
great staff
good management
Supervisor/Key Holder/Auditor/Driver (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON26 March 2017
Great place to work. Having never made a pizza in my life prior, it was a bit of a struggle to learn everything in three shifts. But I ended up receiving a raise from the District Manager after only 5 shifts on the job. It got a bit stressful at times with trying to manage one of the busiest locations in Canada on a Friday night or Saturday night after bars closed, or during university events.
Pros
Salary, room for advancement, fun place to work, free pizza (if your management)
Cons
Stressful at times
First job was pretty fun , Very Understanding , Supportive , and truly a team
Pizza Maker/Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 March 2017
The job was fun , I enjoyed working there for the time I did ,
I did all the job duties so I got to learn everything about working at a pizza place other than delivery because I don't have my license.
I would say this is great job for students looking for part time jobs .
Pizza Places would probably be the best suggestion for students/teenagers but Papa Johns was truly the best job experience I had besides WEST Inc. .
Pros
Great team member's, Awesome Superviser's, Amazing food, Good deals, and 50% discount for all employees
Cons
Cutting onions, scraping off old pizza crust on buckets before washing, ( Took enough strength), Lunch time for students, and holidays were super busy it was almost panicing !!
A good first job
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 March 2017
This job requires employees to operate the store on their own, including order taking, making pizzas, oven tending, cleaning, and daily cash deposits. It also requires employees to solve customer complaints and any issues that arise within the work place.
Pros
50% off discounts
Cons
Busy dinner rush
It wasnt all that great
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON10 February 2017
Amount of shifts were minimal, around 3 hour shifts for 4 days a week at minimum wage was not satisfactory, however the food was perfect, the salary was not up to par, would recommend another place to work.
Productive and learned allot of skills .
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON9 February 2017
I have learned allot of supervising skills. I can maintain allot , handle a good running store. Trained employees. Learned how to make certain things.
Pros
good people
Cons
no cons
the most enjoyable parrt of the job
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 February 2017
The part in the Papa johns that i am enjoying a lot was tossing the dough in the air while slapping it and someone was watching you over. The new input about the product itself.
Pros
discounted product
Cons
short hours of wok
poor working enviroment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB26 January 2017
The shifts would be five hour long and all I was allowed to do was top pizza. I was not given the poper chance to learn the other aspects of the job, because it was not perfect the first time I did it. The management was poor, and the pay dates constantly changed.
Terrible
Team Member/CSR (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON21 January 2017
Unorganized and rude, it ruined my experience for cash and fast food restaurants. I spent most of my day on cash and stocking the fridge and answering phones.
Overall great work experience
General Manager/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON13 January 2017
Papa John's was an amazing experience throughout the time I was working there. I started off at the bottom of the chain and quickly moved up into the GM position with the help of my fellow managers and owners. I gained a tremendous amount of confidence in this role though some times were extremely stressful and hard to get through. I'd rate the experience a 10/10 due to the amazing people I met throughout my employment and the rate at which I was able to advance.
Pros
Steady Advancement, Free Meals, Good Hours
Cons
Very Stressful, HIgh Pace Work Environment, High Turnover
as a delivery driver it is slow work in winter
delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK18 December 2016
i was underwhelmed by the pay, nice people, and when you get used to the work and people it becomes easier. i find the driving sort of relaxing.

they bring you on a delivery to train you.

it was difficult finding addresses that you don't normally visit, sometimes even with google maps.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
but you might get sick of pizza
Lively and Friendly Environment
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 December 2016
Co-workers were very friendly and willing to help through training and with any issues that arose. Weekend evenings were very busy but also exciting to keep you on your toes as well as keep you busy during your shift.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
50% discount only at store you were employed at
Some great people
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON16 December 2016
At the beginning the workplace was very fun and welcoming. Management changed a few times but it was going well until a final manager came in and slashed all hours for no reason. I would cut the pizzas and put them into boxes and deliver the pizzas.
Pros
Discounts and sometimes free food
Cons
Did not pay for gas and low pay
Great place
Pizza Maker (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON12 December 2016
this is a GREAT place to work, had great staff and managers. it was easy to learn and it was very hands on, i can make a pizza almost any kind. i also made dough as well.
Pros
working with food
Cons
not everyone did there job
Work is fantastic at Papa Johns
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edson, AB8 December 2016
I enjoy working for this company for the following reasons:
All the staff gets along.
Work gets done efficiently.
Management is fantastic.
fun workplace with pizza
Pizza Cook (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC26 October 2016
Working at a pizza place requires employees to take multiple tasks in one day. A day in pizza shop usually starts with preparing and making pizzas. When customers come to order, I usually act as a cashier and then make pizzas that customers required. Sometimes I also need to take orders by phone calls. By working at a pizza shop, I have learned how to communicate and deal with different kinds of customers, and I have learned numbers of different spices and how they taste. Also, the most significant knowledge I have learned is how to make different types of pizzas. My co-workers were my best helpers and teachers during the work. They treated my friendly and taught me much experience which helped me to increase my efficiency. The hardest part in this job is to adapt quickly with quality and high efficiency. For example, I have to remember a lot of different recipes, If there was one mistake, I had to make a new one. Also, it took me some time to communicate well in English without being nervous. The most enjoyable part is to meet different challenges. In order to satisfy all customers, I had to be precise with remembering requirements from customers. It becomes harder especially when there was a high volume of orders.
Pros
special discount on buying pizza
Cons
its fun to work with a great co worker
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 October 2016
it is fun working with your friends,co worker..they are really nice. it is fun communicating with the customers. im enjoying talking withe customers explaining for what they asking
Pros
free lunch, 50% off
Cons
Great atmosphere and supportive staff
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 October 2016
A typical day at work is quite simple, yet difficult to learn when you're new there. There's much to learn, but it becomes simple after getting the hang of it. My co-workers are as hard-working as me and the job is distributed equally. Everyone usually has a set "go-to" position when we're there. For example, I'm usually at the makeline, making the pizzas and someone else would be at the dough slapping station, but if that co-worker is busy doing something else, I'd take over and slap for him/her. Overall, it's a fantastic place to work at.
Pros
Staff pizza for breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Papa John's. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8