Papa John's
1,500 reviews

Papa John's Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive, easy-going-fast-paced-and fun environment.
Cashier/ Cook (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 27, 2014
Pros: discounts, free lunches
A typical day at work would include arriving there fifteen minutes early to put on required uniform provided from Papa John's, and self-bought khakis and black shoes. Clock-in at scheduled time, and start preparing and cooking ordered food, so it can be ready for pick-up or delivery.

Cooking would include following standard health codes such as serving – more... sizes, throwing away expired food and replacing it with fresh food, setting the stove to the perfect temperature for cooking, washing hands after every completed task, and cleaning the food station. Cooks are also required to work at the cash register when needed, of course, after they wash there hands completely.

Co-workers were a variety of young-adults, and adults. People whom were older in age were typically managers. Everyone was relatively friendly, and professional at the workplace and worked with urgency to get the job done.

The hardest part of the job, anyone would agree, would be difficult customers. Difficult customers aren't just coming with complaints, which would be easy to deal with, but they come with raised voices and threats. But this seldom occurred, due to customer service

The most enjoyable part of the job was how nice people are at the workplace, and how well everyone worked together, people never started work drama or harassed anyone. – less
Review
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Saint John, NBJuly 21, 2014
Was a good job. The owner was not so great. The people that worked there before gave the store a bad rep. So when I was working there it was hard to get that rep back on the good side.
Energetic people with innovative solutions.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Dieppe, NBJuly 14, 2014
Pros: free lunches and tips.
Cons: always night shift and cant take breaks in restaurant business.
Having to come to work in a face-past environment. Training new employees and dealing with the delivery services. The hardest part of the job was telling people what to do, but it's something I learnt to handle well. Management could be confusing, working with young students and some car problems can occur in the delivery business, so we had a lot of – more... people on call. – less
Productive and fast-paced environment to work in.
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Lethbridge, ABJune 26, 2014
Pros: 50 percent off when staffs order food.
Cons: when the communication systems are down.
My typical day starts as opening the store in the morning, counting float cash register, switch all the machines for daily operation, preparing the mis-en plus such as food preps. check any planned ahead order for the day. My co-workers are very hard working and friendly to work with. The hardest part of the day would be when sometimes one has to work – more... alone in the afternoon and there might be a rush and the person has cope up all alone. The most enjoyable part is the rush hour where orders keeps coming, phones are continuously ringing to place orders, customers are lining up inside the store to order or to pick up their pizza orders. It is a quite challenging situation and time pass by quickly. – less
no comment
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Lethbridge, ABJune 25, 2014
Pros: no comment
Cons: no comment
The place is busy in autumn and winter but it is slow in summer. We make the best pizza in Lethbridge.
Busy setting, Amiable work place and Enjoyable encounter with customers in a daily basis
IN STORE (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABJune 19, 2014
My post as In-Store at Papa Johns taught me a lot on proper dealing with customers. Although it was just a short stint I have learned to love the tasks I was assigned to.
It was my first job
Cash register and customer service (Former Employee), spruce grove albertaJune 2, 2014
Pros: free pizza. first job
Cons: not great pay
Working at papa johns was a good experience being my first job. i worked there for approximately 10 to 11 months. i then got a job that summer at Sportchek where i worked both for 3 weeks. I then left because of some issues between my self and the owner over the cleanliness of the food that he was serving. i am an honest person and don't care for store – more... owners lying to his/her costumers. – less
Bad
Area Supervisor (Former Employee), upper michiganMay 29, 2014
Pros: free ffood
Cons: bad hours
Upper management is not to keen on helping e\with tthe overall bottom line . there Goal is just do it .
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Gallup, New MexicoMay 16, 2014
Pros: discount, great people, flexible hours
Cons: pay wasn't to good.
Learned a lot here as well, learned to input on a Point of Sale program used by the company. Learned to speak to customers and iron out any problems with there orders. Had face to face contact with customers both in store and on delivery runs. The place had a great employee environment, friendly, team orientated, and was open to advancement.
Fast paced environment, close knit employees
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, VA, USAApril 10, 2014
The job was very demanding, sometimes satisfyingly so, other times, it wore you out. Generally worked with wonderful people. The hardest part was balancing the numbers due to unpredictable business. Also, managers were on call at all hours. Learned a lot of valuable skills there and met many wonderful people.
Fun place to work but very few advancement opportunities
Assistant Restaurant Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 30, 2014
Its a really fun, but hard paced workplace which keeps you busy constantly.
Fantastic summer or student job
MANAGER (Former Employee), sussex NBMarch 26, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: long hours
Fast paced environment with wonderful staff who are the salt of the earth.
Fun workplace
Staff (Current Employee), Kamloops BCMarch 3, 2014
Typical day involved making pizzas, delivering pizza's, answering the phone, doing prep
productive and fun workplace
Master Certified Trainer (Current Employee), Kerrville, TXFebruary 26, 2014
I enjoy my job a lot at Papa John's. I've been working at the Kerrville, Texas location for 8 months and have loved every bit of it. A typical workday for me involves doing just about every position in the store and I love that. I wouldn't want to do the same thing every single day. I've learned how to talk to different people and react to certain situations. – more... The management there is awesome as well as my co-workers. I honestly wouldn't change anything. The hardest part about my job is that I usually don't have a day off to relax and a lot of the time I'm working from the time the store opens until about an hour after we close. I don't have a most enjoyable part about it because I'm excited to go to work everyday. – less
sit around and do nothig
pizza delivery (Former Employee), calgaryFebruary 20, 2014
it was an alright thing to do in between jobs however the job comes nowhere close to paying a living wage.
Your normal min wage cr*p job
Was a Manager/ Delvery driver (Former Employee), Arlington, TXFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: free pizza
Cons: low wage
Typical day - Dealing with customers
What you learned - It's ok to run stop signs as long as you have your car topper on for those who are clueless its a sign that lights up you put it on top of the car you drive when delivery pizza.
Management - Was always in and out
Co workers - All smoked w*ed and lost there jobs now I think they work at wal mart
The – more... hardest part of the job - When people called in sick.
The most enjoyable part of the job - Closing time – less
Not Good
Pizza Delivery and Kitchen help (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJanuary 17, 2014
Left this job because at the end of the night I was to be paid for my hours and tips from my deliveries. The night manager never gave me the right amount. I did enjoy the work.
hard work
Manager (Former Employee), calNovember 15, 2013
Long hours, sometimes no days off for month. Being a major figure to a store that was making a ton of sales and orders was beautiful feeling and the salary was good.
A very nice place to work.
cook/cashier/inventory counter/dish washer (Former Employee), Airdrie, ABSeptember 28, 2013
A typical day: answering phones, taking orders, slapping dough, making pizza, cutting pizza, sweeping/mopping floors, inventory counting, stocking inventory, cleaning tables/counters, washing dishes.
good workplace and good staff
crew member (Current Employee), brantford ontarioJuly 22, 2013
the workplace is fun a accepting but at the same time everyone is there to work hard for the customers everyone is friendly and easy going.

1 2 3 4 5

About Papa John's

Papa John's Pizza is the third largest take-out and delivery pizza restaurant chain in the United States, behind Pizza Hut and – Read more