Papa John's
1,291 reviews

Papa John's Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fast paced environment, close knit employees
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, VA, USAApril 10, 2014
The job was very demanding, sometimes satisfyingly so, other times, it wore you out. Generally worked with wonderful people. The hardest part was balancing the numbers due to unpredictable business. Also, managers were on call at all hours. Learned a lot of valuable skills there and met many wonderful people.
Fun place to work but very few advancement opportunities
Assistant Restaurant Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 30, 2014
Its a really fun, but hard paced workplace which keeps you busy constantly.
Fantastic summer or student job
MANAGER (Former Employee), sussex NBMarch 26, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: long hours
Fast paced environment with wonderful staff who are the salt of the earth.
Fun workplace
Staff (Current Employee), Kamloops BCMarch 3, 2014
Typical day involved making pizzas, delivering pizza's, answering the phone, doing prep
productive and fun workplace
Master Certified Trainer (Current Employee), Kerrville, TXFebruary 26, 2014
I enjoy my job a lot at Papa John's. I've been working at the Kerrville, Texas location for 8 months and have loved every bit of it. A typical workday for me involves doing just about every position in the store and I love that. I wouldn't want to do the same thing every single day. I've learned how to talk to different people and react to certain situations. – more... The management there is awesome as well as my co-workers. I honestly wouldn't change anything. The hardest part about my job is that I usually don't have a day off to relax and a lot of the time I'm working from the time the store opens until about an hour after we close. I don't have a most enjoyable part about it because I'm excited to go to work everyday. – less
sit around and do nothig
pizza delivery (Former Employee), calgaryFebruary 20, 2014
it was an alright thing to do in between jobs however the job comes nowhere close to paying a living wage.
Your normal min wage cr*p job
Was a Manager/ Delvery driver (Former Employee), Arlington, TXFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: free pizza
Cons: low wage
Typical day - Dealing with customers
What you learned - It's ok to run stop signs as long as you have your car topper on for those who are clueless its a sign that lights up you put it on top of the car you drive when delivery pizza.
Management - Was always in and out
Co workers - All smoked w*ed and lost there jobs now I think they work at wal mart
The – more... hardest part of the job - When people called in sick.
The most enjoyable part of the job - Closing time – less
Not Good
Pizza Delivery and Kitchen help (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJanuary 17, 2014
Left this job because at the end of the night I was to be paid for my hours and tips from my deliveries. The night manager never gave me the right amount. I did enjoy the work.
hard work
Manager (Former Employee), calNovember 15, 2013
Long hours, sometimes no days off for month. Being a major figure to a store that was making a ton of sales and orders was beautiful feeling and the salary was good.
A very nice place to work.
cook/cashier/inventory counter/dish washer (Former Employee), Airdrie, ABSeptember 28, 2013
A typical day: answering phones, taking orders, slapping dough, making pizza, cutting pizza, sweeping/mopping floors, inventory counting, stocking inventory, cleaning tables/counters, washing dishes.
good workplace and good staff
crew member (Current Employee), brantford ontarioJuly 22, 2013
the workplace is fun a accepting but at the same time everyone is there to work hard for the customers everyone is friendly and easy going.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), woodstock, onJuly 17, 2013
Pros: good staff
Cons: not enough hours.
Good job, just not enough hours. Not busy enough to get more hours. Been here for 2 years. Hardest part.. isn't really anything, its easy,
papa john
Crew Member (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 4, 2013
its a chill place and its pretty easy going, but i`m ready for a change.
poor care and training of employees, too much concern for sales dollers and not eough concern for achieving high quality products.
General Manager (Former Employee), Taber, ABJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: experience
Cons: never being able to turn off my phone
A typical day began with inspecting the store for cleanliness, levels of prepared products and reviewing the paperwork of the night before. Next step was to remove dough from the cooler so it could warm up and be the proper temperature for cooking. Then i would start my sinks in the dish pit to do dishes i would need to have clean to make pizzas and – more... prepare toppings for the day. Last thing i would do is call my delivery driver to be sure i had one. Even though the town's average pay rate for delivery driving is between $7.00 and $9.00 per delivery our owners insist on paying our drivers $4.00 per delivery wich made it next to imposssible to keep drivers let alone hire ones that would represent ppj's properly. i would then spend the day preping and cleaning and solving problems as they came up. Twice a week i would wrestle with a too small budget to re-supply the store and once every 2 weeks i would make up the schedule. Every employee was expected to be able to handle store at any time by themselves regardless of training or experience. I was expected to be availible to come in at anytime to rescue them (not an issue with me) but an issue that could have been resolved better if the owner was willing to spend the money and time on better training and more hours for the employees to improve their levels of experience. Hardest part was juggling ppj's expectaions with my owners expectations with what was phiscally possible by my employees and I. The people themselves that i worked with were the most enjoyable part of this job and the next, was the reponsibility of being a manager. – less
Even paced steady work environment!
Cook/Dish Washer/Customer Service (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKDecember 6, 2012
Day to day work was to make,prepare and store pizza dough. Sauce and put toppings on the pizzas according to the order and cook them. work the cashier and provide the best customer service possible. The management was layed back and often off there feet when it came to there duties such as providing work materials.
My co workers were easy to get along – more... with and did there part.
The hardest part of the job was cleaning the oven every time it needed to be cleaned. The best part of the job for me was preparing the pizzas to be cooked. – less
Easygoing workplace with friendly a staff!
Cook/Dish Washer/Customer Service (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKSeptember 8, 2012
Pros: layed back and fun work
Cons: not enough hours
it was a good working environment, never had any problems and the job was fairly layed back but i did not enjoy the lack of hours with this job!
pizza and customers equal pride in product
Store Manager (Former Employee), brantford ontarioApril 10, 2012
team oriented. customer oriented. product quality is above many many pizza places.
fast pace enviroment
Cook (Former Employee), Euclid, OHApril 17, 2014
not enough hours to maintain nomal living requirements.friendly work place environment
horrible
Manager (Former Employee), Muncie, INApril 17, 2014
Pros: employee discount, having fun with co workers.
Cons: no breaks, no healthcare
this company is horrible to work for from regular inside to management... you bust your a** for any amount of money yes the perks is they give overtime. but its nothing in between its either 15 hours or 60. And trying to move up they only want to give you maybe a quarter raise if that and expect you to do the work of 10 people. If the pay was better – more... the job wouldn't be so bad. – less
Fun and relaxing inviroment
In store (Current Employee), Mountlake Terrace, WAApril 15, 2014
Pros: food.
Cons: not that many hours.
I make pizzas and learn how to clean stations properly. Management is wonderful, same with the co-workers. There isnt really a hard part to the job its very easy for me. The most enjoyable thing i would have to say is seeing the smile on customers faces when we hand them their food.

1 2 3 4 5

About Papa John's

Papa John's Pizza is the third largest take-out and delivery pizza restaurant chain in the United States, behind Pizza Hut and – Read more