Papa John's Employee Reviews

bad work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB10 November 2017
not a healthy work environment, there was yelling at staff from the manager almost every time i worked and i worked part time and didn't want to go to work.
Tha ks
CUSTOMER SERVICE - CASHIER - PIZZA MAKER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 November 2017
It was wonderful to say the least... On top of that the food is great, they have great prices and the customers that came in to my particular store loved the service.
We always tried to make everyone feel at home. It was like a big family! Loved working here!
Friendly enviroment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 November 2017
Nice and small restaurant to run, and the staff members were great to work with.
A typical day would be opening up the restaurant and setting up the appropriate items for the day-to-day business.
As a store manager, it was my duty to manage and train new staff. It was a great experience and made strong growth on my part.
Job of part time
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  1233 Lynn Valley Rd #119, North Vancouver13 September 2017
I worked at Papa John's as a driver, we need to prepare everyday topping before the store open.
Working at Papa John's isn't some kind of high skill work.
You can easily fit in the job position.
fun place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 August 2017
Great place to work, not a lot of room for advancement. learn about all the product that papa johns has to offer. learn how to manage store employees and delivery drivers
Pros
staff pizza
Cons
low pay
extremely busy
Pizza Maker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 August 2017
I usually worked between 4.30-8.30pm on every weekend evening. The pizza shop became really busy from 5 pm till my shift was off.
I learned how to work effectivity under large pressure and still smile to customers and patience even though I'm really tired already.
The hardest part of this job is how to keep your brain clear without forgetting things under high pressure and also try not the get burnt by the oven.
The most enjoyable part is I can make the pizza I like, but not on the menu.
I planned still work in papa John after my summer vacation, but a large fire took the store away.
Pros
cheaper, free-style pizza
Cons
busy through my work hours
Terrible management
Instore (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC29 August 2017
Former employee in the Kamloops location. Managers are rude and strict and environment is unproffesional, terrible job. Would not reccomend anyone who wants to work in a calm and friendly environment.
Horrible managment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC15 August 2017
former employee Kamloops location. The management is terrible.
upper managment gets in with the teens and calls people down
and treats everyone like there are stupid
Pros
customers
Cons
poor managment
General Manger (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON21 July 2017
They were nice people, just when it came to the work.
They were strict.It was fun when it lasted.
Pizza's were easy to make. Customers were friendly.
Couldve changed a few things around. Slow store.
Unprofessional Environment
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 July 2017
Its an American corporation that does not support Canadian employment standards.
Its an extremely unprofessional and unhealthy environment.
The hours are unstable.
Extremely stressful.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Absolutely zero job satisfaction
Terrible management but good hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON29 June 2017
I learned a lot at Papa Johns, however the management was absolutely terrible and did not care at all about the employees or their work conditions. The customers were not treated well and the website always received complaints and no changes were made.
Pros
50% employee discount
Cons
literally everything else
it is a good place to learn
Team/Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  London, ON6 June 2017
It's a good place to work.I have learnt how to deal with different types of customer,had difficult time too. I started working for the firm in November 2016 and the got promoted in may 2017.This is when I realized there is a lot of scopes to grow.
Pros
I get a employee discount
Cons
N/a
Good working area and boss.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC16 May 2017
This store have a nice and clean working environment. I feel very confortable to work in this place. I have learned how to make better looking pizza at here. Also I strart to focus on dealing with each customer to make them happy and willing to come back again. I have improved lots of communication skills over phone calls, and it is quite interresting to negotiated prices with customers. In my point of view, the hardest part of this job is to deal with unhappy customers.The most enjoyable part of the job is answering a big order over the phone and during that moment, I feel joyful becaue I wish our sells is going up. So everyone will happy.
Horrible management and horrible hours with very little salary boost
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 May 2017
It's a really good job to start off with, but with how hard they push you to be perfect on the first day of work is kind of ridiculous, my coworkers and i were constantly threatened to lose out jobs if we made a simple mistake like adding one too many pepperonis. the only good thing about the job were the coworkers, besides the manager and the overtime salary
Pros
Awesome coworkers
Cons
Not good management, horrible hours
first job
Food Services (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 May 2017
night/after school job that helped build my understanding of team work and time management. many of the work aspects required personal decisions to be made without the presence or help from anyone.
Clean Quick Kitchen
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON4 May 2017
Great place to learn the basic line cook setup. Very clean environment, easy to pickup on the fast pace during meal rushes. Afternoon and evening shifts only.
Careless
Cashier, Baker (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON20 April 2017
There aren't many duties to do when it isn't busy there, alot of the staff gets used to sitting around, and that molded them into employees like that. A lot of staff ended up very lazy, and no longer took pride in their work

that was just my experience
Pros
alot of free food
Cons
minimal duties
Stressful and Sexist
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB8 April 2017
I did not enjoy working here in the least. The management was extremely rude and sexist. Female workers were told to mainly clean and were treated with such disrespect.
Fast Paced, Diverse
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON1 April 2017
Work was enjoyable & fast paced, I was always kept busy. Management was humorous and easy to get along with, friendly staff - helpful and eager to teach. The hardest part was finishing up the closing dishes at a reasonable hour, overall a great place to work.
Pros
Free drinks, discount food.
fun
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON26 March 2017
good teamwork and management
the hardest part is long hours
great food
great benefits
easy to learn certain tasks
great pay
flexible
great staff
good management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Papa John's. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8