Papa John's Employee Reviews

Unprofessional Environment
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  London, ON2 July 2017
Its an American corporation that does not support Canadian employment standards.
Its an extremely unprofessional and unhealthy environment.
The hours are unstable.
Extremely stressful.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Absolutely zero job satisfaction
Terrible management but good hours
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON29 June 2017
I learned a lot at Papa Johns, however the management was absolutely terrible and did not care at all about the employees or their work conditions. The customers were not treated well and the website always received complaints and no changes were made.
Pros
50% employee discount
Cons
literally everything else
it is a good place to learn
Team/Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  London, ON6 June 2017
It's a good place to work.I have learnt how to deal with different types of customer,had difficult time too. I started working for the firm in November 2016 and the got promoted in may 2017.This is when I realized there is a lot of scopes to grow.
Pros
I get a employee discount
Cons
N/a
Horrible management and horrible hours with very little salary boost
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 May 2017
It's a really good job to start off with, but with how hard they push you to be perfect on the first day of work is kind of ridiculous, my coworkers and i were constantly threatened to lose out jobs if we made a simple mistake like adding one too many pepperonis. the only good thing about the job were the coworkers, besides the manager and the overtime salary
Pros
Awesome coworkers
Cons
Not good management, horrible hours
first job
Food Services (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 May 2017
night/after school job that helped build my understanding of team work and time management. many of the work aspects required personal decisions to be made without the presence or help from anyone.
Clean Quick Kitchen
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON4 May 2017
Great place to learn the basic line cook setup. Very clean environment, easy to pickup on the fast pace during meal rushes. Afternoon and evening shifts only.
Careless
Cashier, Baker (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON20 April 2017
There aren't many duties to do when it isn't busy there, alot of the staff gets used to sitting around, and that molded them into employees like that. A lot of staff ended up very lazy, and no longer took pride in their work

that was just my experience
Pros
alot of free food
Cons
minimal duties
Stressful and Sexist
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB8 April 2017
I did not enjoy working here in the least. The management was extremely rude and sexist. Female workers were told to mainly clean and were treated with such disrespect.
Fast Paced, Diverse
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON1 April 2017
Work was enjoyable & fast paced, I was always kept busy. Management was humorous and easy to get along with, friendly staff - helpful and eager to teach. The hardest part was finishing up the closing dishes at a reasonable hour, overall a great place to work.
Pros
Free drinks, discount food.
fun
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON26 March 2017
good teamwork and management
the hardest part is long hours
great food
great benefits
easy to learn certain tasks
great pay
flexible
great staff
good management
Supervisor/Key Holder/Auditor/Driver (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON26 March 2017
Great place to work. Having never made a pizza in my life prior, it was a bit of a struggle to learn everything in three shifts. But I ended up receiving a raise from the District Manager after only 5 shifts on the job. It got a bit stressful at times with trying to manage one of the busiest locations in Canada on a Friday night or Saturday night after bars closed, or during university events.
Pros
Salary, room for advancement, fun place to work, free pizza (if your management)
Cons
Stressful at times
First job was pretty fun , Very Understanding , Supportive , and truly a team
Pizza Maker/Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 March 2017
The job was fun , I enjoyed working there for the time I did ,
I did all the job duties so I got to learn everything about working at a pizza place other than delivery because I don't have my license.
I would say this is great job for students looking for part time jobs .
Pizza Places would probably be the best suggestion for students/teenagers but Papa Johns was truly the best job experience I had besides WEST Inc. .
Pros
Great team member's, Awesome Superviser's, Amazing food, Good deals, and 50% discount for all employees
Cons
Cutting onions, scraping off old pizza crust on buckets before washing, ( Took enough strength), Lunch time for students, and holidays were super busy it was almost panicing !!
A good first job
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 March 2017
This job requires employees to operate the store on their own, including order taking, making pizzas, oven tending, cleaning, and daily cash deposits. It also requires employees to solve customer complaints and any issues that arise within the work place.
Pros
50% off discounts
Cons
Busy dinner rush
It wasnt all that great
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON10 February 2017
Amount of shifts were minimal, around 3 hour shifts for 4 days a week at minimum wage was not satisfactory, however the food was perfect, the salary was not up to par, would recommend another place to work.
Productive and learned allot of skills .
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON9 February 2017
I have learned allot of supervising skills. I can maintain allot , handle a good running store. Trained employees. Learned how to make certain things.
Pros
good people
Cons
no cons
the most enjoyable parrt of the job
Food Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 February 2017
The part in the Papa johns that i am enjoying a lot was tossing the dough in the air while slapping it and someone was watching you over. The new input about the product itself.
Pros
discounted product
Cons
short hours of wok
poor working enviroment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB26 January 2017
The shifts would be five hour long and all I was allowed to do was top pizza. I was not given the poper chance to learn the other aspects of the job, because it was not perfect the first time I did it. The management was poor, and the pay dates constantly changed.
Terrible
Team Member/CSR (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON21 January 2017
Unorganized and rude, it ruined my experience for cash and fast food restaurants. I spent most of my day on cash and stocking the fridge and answering phones.
Overall great work experience
General Manager/ Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON13 January 2017
Papa John's was an amazing experience throughout the time I was working there. I started off at the bottom of the chain and quickly moved up into the GM position with the help of my fellow managers and owners. I gained a tremendous amount of confidence in this role though some times were extremely stressful and hard to get through. I'd rate the experience a 10/10 due to the amazing people I met throughout my employment and the rate at which I was able to advance.
Pros
Steady Advancement, Free Meals, Good Hours
Cons
Very Stressful, HIgh Pace Work Environment, High Turnover
as a delivery driver it is slow work in winter
delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK18 December 2016
i was underwhelmed by the pay, nice people, and when you get used to the work and people it becomes easier. i find the driving sort of relaxing.

they bring you on a delivery to train you.

it was difficult finding addresses that you don't normally visit, sometimes even with google maps.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
but you might get sick of pizza

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Papa John's. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8