Papa John's

Papa John's Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
typical day
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJuly 25, 2015
Pros: handmaking pizza
Cons: money
show up at 4
make pizzas at 415
deliver by 5

repeat until midnight
non stop so it didn't get boring, working with many different people got exciting
Fun workplace, terrible management
Shift Leader (Current Employee), London, ONJune 28, 2015
Pros: Lots of pizza
Cons: Very busy and understaffed often
- Started with a dinner rush
- Slight break until the student late night study rush would hit
- Management was very bad, untrained, abusive
- Fellow employees were amazing, great group of people
- Hardest part was a non compliant boss
- Best part was the co-workers
Productive as well as an educational environment
Manager (Current Employee), Peterborough, ONApril 30, 2015
Pros: Friendly Environment
Cons: -
A typical day at work would consist of preparing daily routines while reducing and controlling expenses by following labor costs. Input inventory as well as input and output transfers. Handle as well as output payroll to contract drivers. Switch over shift by counting down tills, counting all cash drops to accurately match the system cash management. Order from venders. Train as well as manage staff to allow effective teamwork. Direct on floor staff to create productive dynamics and increase business goals. Work with profit system to monitor daily goals, open restaurant, track staff hours, input cash, output cash, input inventory, process transfers, calculate contract drivers payroll, create prep list, create roster reports, create bank deposits, receive as well as complete customer orders. Ensure customer relations, satisfaction and needs are met on a day to day basis. The hardest part of my job is being able to provide the correct form of guidance, suited to each employee, to steer workers in the right direction for ultimate success based on their strengths and weakness'. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing my co-workers are able to confide in me to bring forth issues that need resolving and being able to interact on a one on one basis with new customers each day allowing our business to have and to expand with great reputation.
relaxed workplace and friendly co-workers
Former employee (Former Employee), Trenton, ONApril 22, 2015
Pros: discount on pizza
Cons: got very busy sometimes
Overall great experience with employment and management team. I was treated well and the people were extremely friendly. I learned how to speak to customers and provide quality customer service.
productive and fun
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), London, ONSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: long shifts
Supervised up to 8 people at a time
Very busy shifts
making pizza
taking orders I learned how to manage a group of employees
Fun place to work.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Edmonton, AB (Belle Rive)August 2, 2014
Pros: free food while on duty. 50% of when off duty.
All the training is provided.
The restaurant is more like a family than a group of employees.
Manager is very easy going and does his share of work.
Productive, easy-going-fast-paced-and fun environment.
Cashier/ Cook (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 27, 2014
Pros: discounts, free lunches
A typical day at work would include arriving there fifteen minutes early to put on required uniform provided from Papa John's, and self-bought khakis and black shoes. Clock-in at scheduled time, and start preparing and cooking ordered food, so it can be ready for pick-up or delivery.

Cooking would include following standard health codes such as serving sizes, throwing away expired food and replacing it with fresh food, setting the stove to the perfect temperature for cooking, washing hands after every completed task, and cleaning the food station. Cooks are also required to work at the cash register when needed, of course, after they wash there hands completely.

Co-workers were a variety of young-adults, and adults. People whom were older in age were typically managers. Everyone was relatively friendly, and professional at the workplace and worked with urgency to get the job done.

The hardest part of the job, anyone would agree, would be difficult customers. Difficult customers aren't just coming with complaints, which would be easy to deal with, but they come with raised voices and threats. But this seldom occurred, due to customer service

The most enjoyable part of the job was how nice people are at the workplace, and how well everyone worked together, people never started work drama or harassed anyone.
Review
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Saint John, NBJuly 21, 2014
Was a good job. The owner was not so great. The people that worked there before gave the store a bad rep. So when I was working there it was hard to get that rep back on the good side.
Energetic people with innovative solutions.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Dieppe, NBJuly 14, 2014
Pros: free lunches and tips.
Cons: always night shift and cant take breaks in restaurant business.
Having to come to work in a face-past environment. Training new employees and dealing with the delivery services. The hardest part of the job was telling people what to do, but it's something I learnt to handle well. Management could be confusing, working with young students and some car problems can occur in the delivery business, so we had a lot of people on call.
Productive and fast-paced environment to work in.
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Lethbridge, ABJune 26, 2014
Pros: 50 percent off when staffs order food.
Cons: when the communication systems are down.
My typical day starts as opening the store in the morning, counting float cash register, switch all the machines for daily operation, preparing the mis-en plus such as food preps. check any planned ahead order for the day. My co-workers are very hard working and friendly to work with. The hardest part of the day would be when sometimes one has to work alone in the afternoon and there might be a rush and the person has cope up all alone. The most enjoyable part is the rush hour where orders keeps coming, phones are continuously ringing to place orders, customers are lining up inside the store to order or to pick up their pizza orders. It is a quite challenging situation and time pass by quickly.
no comment
Food Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Lethbridge, ABJune 25, 2014
Pros: no comment
Cons: no comment
The place is busy in autumn and winter but it is slow in summer. We make the best pizza in Lethbridge.
Busy setting, Amiable work place and Enjoyable encounter with customers in a daily basis
IN STORE (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABJune 19, 2014
My post as In-Store at Papa Johns taught me a lot on proper dealing with customers. Although it was just a short stint I have learned to love the tasks I was assigned to.
It was my first job
Cash register and customer service (Former Employee), spruce grove albertaJune 2, 2014
Pros: free pizza. first job
Cons: not great pay
Working at papa johns was a good experience being my first job. i worked there for approximately 10 to 11 months. i then got a job that summer at Sportchek where i worked both for 3 weeks. I then left because of some issues between my self and the owner over the cleanliness of the food that he was serving. i am an honest person and don't care for store owners lying to his/her costumers.
Bad
Area Supervisor (Former Employee), upper michiganMay 29, 2014
Pros: free ffood
Cons: bad hours
Upper management is not to keen on helping e\with tthe overall bottom line . there Goal is just do it .
Fun place to work but very few advancement opportunities
Assistant Restaurant Manager (Current Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 30, 2014
Its a really fun, but hard paced workplace which keeps you busy constantly.
Fantastic summer or student job
MANAGER (Former Employee), sussex NBMarch 26, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: long hours
Fast paced environment with wonderful staff who are the salt of the earth.
Fun workplace
Staff (Current Employee), Kamloops BCMarch 3, 2014
Typical day involved making pizzas, delivering pizza's, answering the phone, doing prep
sit around and do nothig
pizza delivery (Former Employee), calgaryFebruary 20, 2014
it was an alright thing to do in between jobs however the job comes nowhere close to paying a living wage.
Not Good
Pizza Delivery and Kitchen help (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJanuary 17, 2014
Left this job because at the end of the night I was to be paid for my hours and tips from my deliveries. The night manager never gave me the right amount. I did enjoy the work.
A very nice place to work.
cook/cashier/inventory counter/dish washer (Former Employee), Airdrie, ABSeptember 28, 2013
A typical day: answering phones, taking orders, slapping dough, making pizza, cutting pizza, sweeping/mopping floors, inventory counting, stocking inventory, cleaning tables/counters, washing dishes.

About Papa John's

Papa John's Pizza is the third largest take-out and delivery pizza restaurant chain in the United States, behind Pizza Hut and – Read more