Panera Bread Employee Reviews in Canada

Fast Paste, Productive Environment
Dining, Cashier, Barista, Line and Drive-Thru (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONJune 28, 2016
Working for Panera Bread in the past was a very fast paste kind of job especially considering the fact I was trained to do almost every type of position there. Very focused on company satisfaction.
Working at Tim Hortons was WAY better the Panera bread!!
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 15, 2016
The food is good and is fresh BUT. The work was a lot and the pay was so little. Closing duties a hassle, always understaffed, not flexible with scheduling. If you're not willing to slave everyday then you get next to no shifts.
Tasks at Panera
Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 2, 2016
Greet customers, and have a friendly conversation with customers and recommend them certain items that they may like.
Learning a lot of things
Baker (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONMay 25, 2016
I bake breads, cookies, muffins etc. I learned a lot like time management and working with other people. I'm a travelling baker so I work on different stores. Hardest part of the job is when someone is calling in sick and no one is available to cover so the schedule will be change.
Pros
free lunches and gets milage expenses
Cons
night job
Panera is great
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ONMay 13, 2016
Panera's is a great place to work, the managers are amazing and so are the co workers. I love seeing happy customers and stopping to talk to them when I can, find out what I can do better for them, and what they love about what I'm already doing.
It was a good working community
Panera Bread (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 15, 2016
Panera Bread was good with caring about their customers also in their care for their clients. Panera Bread had good management also they were very organized.
Pros
Good enviroment
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Great Place
Cashier/Waitress/Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ONFebruary 29, 2016
Great place to work, clean environment, friendly people, clean and good food. I currently still work there and enjoy it very much.
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
shifts can be tiring
very bad
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 7, 2015
Very bad company to work for, rude people, and very unprofessional service. Management was rude, don't go looking there for a job.
Overall good
CSA (Current Employee) –  Downtown TorontoNovember 4, 2015
Heavy workload but able to work with good coworkers. Everyone is nice and willing to assist with new people. General manager and shift supervisor are awesome.

Head manager is awful. Not reasonable at all. Blame others when he assigned wrong shift to staff. Blame the entire store people when he was blamed by the head office. Ridiculous manager. Shift without him is amazing. With him, good luck! Everyone on that day will get depression.
Pros
50%off for every product. Free drink. Good coworkers
Cons
Long hours, heavy workload, understaffed, awful head manager
Fun environment to work in
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONOctober 29, 2015
Pretty good first job, really cool people to work with. You learn a lot of skills needed for the future and always have someone there for you when you need it.
Productive and fun work environment
Part-time Cashier, Barista, Dining Room Buss Girl (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 15, 2015
Variety of tasks given daily
Great to see regular customers
Easy to place a smile on my face in this environment
Some days felt repetitive
Ups and Downs. Mostly downs
Certified Trainer & Caterer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 29, 2015
For a typical day at Panera, it was moderately to heavily busy. Many times we were very under-staffed, which isn't fair to anyone. There was always something to do. I learned loyalty and respect from my fellow employees and from a large amount of amazing customers. I improved on my customer communication skills and service.

The management team were never on the same page. Everyday was a different set of rules. And it became difficult to keep up with the new and old company policies. They were also very unorganized and incredibly lazy. Under-staffed. Constantly putting employees in tough situations and expecting to much for minimum wage.

The hardest part of the job was doing everything possible and within our power to make sure customers were satisfied when they left the store.

The absolute greatest thing about the job was the coworkers. They always made it enjoyable to work with. Never a dull moment. Even in stressful situations. Amazing employees.
Pros
Easy to be friends with everyone.
Cons
High expectations. Expensive food. Lazy management. Under-staffed.
Panera Bread
Associate and Barista (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 3, 2015
Panera offers an oasis to the customers and demands that the staff are kind and friendly to their customers. A typical day of work was enjoyable. It's an easy job. Your coworkers become family. Communication with managers is vital for success.
Pros
Food Discount
Cons
Double Shifts.
overall not a great place to work
Night Shift Baker (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMay 8, 2015
I worked as a Baker in one of franchise stores for two years and it was terrible. The only thing that kept me going was the people I worked with.
Management ignored requests for raises. I worked 2 years and only got a 50 cent raise after the first year. I will admit the benefits were great but the management, which was and I'm sure still is, based in the states so getting a hold of someone is nearly impossible.
Fun and easy work
Certified Baker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 6, 2015
- Know how much bake goods are in demand and added
- Prep tools and other baking miscellaneous
- Know the order how you are going to bake your goods, timing, placing
-Being organize
-Know how to adjust yourself in different kind of situations
-Work clean and effectively
Pros
Working with only 1 person or 2
Cons
Working Nights
Fast Food
Server/General help (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONMarch 17, 2015
my job was to make sure all of the food was on the plate and in a fashionable order, then would serve customers food promptly. We pre bussed tables as well for a better environment to chat to our family and friends in.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
wasent very busy!
Very Fun and enjoyable place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJanuary 14, 2015
I worked here for about a year and I was very sad to leave due to university. Excellent management always ensures things are done on time and efficiently, would definitely recommend to a friend.
being a night shift baker.
Baker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga and TorontoSeptember 4, 2014
I did enjoy the job, I ended up having personal issues with the management that was running the franchise.
Fun, dedicated managers and committed workforce
Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 18, 2014
A day at Panera is always fun and exciting. From giving customers their best experience to gaining more knowledge about customer support, something new is always happening at Panera.
Pros
50% discount off
Cons
can get stressful during rush hour
Fun place to work at
Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 23, 2014
I love working at panera but lately management has cut down people's hours unfairly. The workers and management are all friendly though.
Pros
fun, 50% discount
Cons
short hours