Panera Bread Employee Reviews

Nice managment, very long hours.
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON13 November 2017
A typical day would be, wake up at 5:30AM and be at the restaurant for 6:30AM and begin setting everything up for the day ahead.

A day would typically look like this. Prep for Lunch, serve breakfast to the few people who come in. Clean the dishes, get ready for the lunch crowd. Lunch crowd comes in, do all of the serving for the entire restaurant, take the dishes to the back to be washed.

I learned how hard it was to be a server and how much they do have to go through. The hardest part of the job is the lunch rush, taking the huge stack of dishes to the back to be washed.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the day time, you could take your time and have fun with your co-workers.
Pros
Good Co-Workers and Managment
Cons
Long hours, tough job.
Run away from all the locations in ontario
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 October 2017
Do not work for any location owned by franchise management they do not treat their employees right. You will ve bullied for other peoples mistakes. Work anywhere else but here, new area manager is a creep and flirts with every girl and touchs you places where you dont wnt to be touched.
Pros
Cons
Long hours low pay no overtime paid u work for free
hectic high demanding minimum wage job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 September 2017
workload is extreme, management wants you to work around the clock never taking any time to stand or sit just constantly working. Assistant management is overbearing.
Pros
Cons
minimum wage
Productive and fun workplace
Bakery Café Associate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 September 2017
Overall, I enjoyed my time working for Panera Bread. However, management had a crucial part of my leave. It also became a very different place after FMI group purchased it.
Pros
discounts, employees of all ages and backgrounds
Cons
long hours, management
very productive environment
Food Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON5 September 2017
join your assigned section, make sure youre caught up with recipes and any customer requests. most of the day consists of preparing food for the servers, or if i was a server id make sure the food is delivered to the right table on time. as well as any dishwashing or drive thru responsibilities.
Hard work
Associate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Toronto9 August 2017
People are nice but its hard, high-pressure work. There is potential for growth. If you can work early hours then they would like you. The staff are nice and makes working there worth it.
Pros
Free coffee, drinks. Potential for growth
Cons
Early hours
Strong company with great culture
Catering Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 July 2017
Panera is a great place for people to work who are looking for corporate culture and advancement. The management are overall, very well trained and easy to speak with. The typical work day can be completely overwhelming or barley anything at all in the catering business. That's the hardest part - you are paid hourly and it wholly depends on the orders that come in.
Pros
Great advancement opportunities
Cons
early hours (4am) and unpredicatable shift times
Very busy place to work
Barista/Server (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON6 July 2017
The other employees were great to work with, the management needs to be improved upon, as the GM at the time would bring his attitude in from outside of work instead of being more professional.
Pros
lots of work to be done
Cons
poor management
Not the best place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON19 June 2017
The workers at Panera are amazing makes the experience worthwhile. However management is very disorganized in every aspect of this establishment. Managers have been changed many times, each time get more disorganized. Scheduling is based on favourites rather than who gets the job done efficiently and precise. Overall not a great place to work, would recommend working at any other location.
Pros
Great Co-workers
organized
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Erin Mills, ON12 June 2017
very organized training process, very long training but we learned barista, line cook, serving and cashier which came in handy for many other jobs in the future
Fast Paced Enivronment, Great Coworkers
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PA29 May 2017
Although I did not have the best experience at Panera Bread (because of management), I worked very well with all my coworkers. Yes there were stressful moments (as with any job), but we worked as a team, and we always helped each other get through service.
Pros
discounted meals, great coworkers
Cons
long hours, weak management
Good Environment
Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON19 May 2017
Very good environment to work in as well as wonderful staff and managers. The hours were okay, about 20 hours or less sometimes per week. A lot of work for closing though.
A typical day at work
Cashier/Barista (Current Employee) –  Ajax, ON16 May 2017
Always talking with customers, making sure food is prepped, and that all parts of the restaurant is up to standards
Great experience
Since I'm new to the work force it was a lot to learn but it was fun
Pros
customer interaction
Cons
changing managers
Friendly staff in a positive environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 May 2017
The managers were very friendly and understanding with many things. They made me feel comfortable in the work place and always gave me assistance when ever I needed help.

The staff was friendly, I was lucky to work in a positive environment. Only reason why I am leaving is due to transportation. Otherwise I would work here for a much longer period of time.
Pros
Managers were very kind and helpful
Cons
productive and fun place.
CATERING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 April 2017
nice place to work. friendly environment.free lunches.nice managers.but alott of work to do.management very nice.good atmosphere.helpful staff.good customer reviews.
Extremely bad management
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON11 April 2017
If you are not favoured by the managers you are basically screwed. The hours are strenuous (especially for me because I was a student and I would get home near to midnight when the store closed at 9), and when I express to them that I am in school and these hours are hard on me they told me then I should close faster. The icing on the cake is the fact that they don't even post the schedule in advance, so you literally don't find out if you're working that week until the week of. Their schedule basically controls your life.
fun workplace
Manager (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON4 April 2017
Great people (staff wise) upper management kinda sucks long hours lots of standing. Supervisors are awesome and nice.You get mileage for doing deliveries
Pros
free food, mileage
Terrible management
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 March 2017
Many long hours and under terrible management all the time. Constantly forgotten about with my shifts.................................................
Fun Environment to Develop Teamwork Skills
Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON19 March 2017
The staff team at Panera were all very friendly and easy to cooperate with. After my on the job training was complete, I had no trouble performing up to standard. Coming into work often felt like something to look forward to, because the staff there was so friendly and talkative. It felt like working with friends.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Lots of cleaning
Fun workplace
BAKERY - CAFFE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON1 March 2017
Work at Panera Bread was an amazing experience. Co-Workers were friendly, supervisors were helpful and customers were polite.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Panera Bread. Our community is ready to answer.