Panera Bread Employee Reviews in Canada

It was a good working community
Panera Bread (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 15, 2016
Panera Bread was good with caring about their customers also in their care for their clients. Panera Bread had good management also they were very organized.
Pros
Good enviroment
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Overall good
CSA (Current Employee) –  Downtown TorontoNovember 4, 2015
Heavy workload but able to work with good coworkers. Everyone is nice and willing to assist with new people. General manager and shift supervisor are awesome.

Head manager is awful. Not reasonable at all. Blame others when he assigned wrong shift to staff. Blame the entire store people when he was blamed by the head office. Ridiculous manager. Shift without him is amazing. With him, good luck! Everyone on that day will get depression.
Pros
50%off for every product. Free drink. Good coworkers
Cons
Long hours, heavy workload, understaffed, awful head manager
Learning a lot of things
Baker (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONMay 25, 2016
I bake breads, cookies, muffins etc. I learned a lot like time management and working with other people. I'm a travelling baker so I work on different stores. Hardest part of the job is when someone is calling in sick and no one is available to cover so the schedule will be change.
Pros
free lunches and gets milage expenses
Cons
night job
Good and Easy place to work.
Panera Bread Team Member (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ONJuly 6, 2016
Super nice place to work! very easy going! Both the Employees and the Management are quite polite and easy going. I really enjoyed working there.
Pros
Discounted food and grea employees
Cons
They have a hard time working around your schedual if you have more than one job
Working at Tim Hortons was WAY better the Panera bread!!
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 15, 2016
The food is good and is fresh BUT. The work was a lot and the pay was so little. Closing duties a hassle, always understaffed, not flexible with scheduling. If you're not willing to slave everyday then you get next to no shifts.
Fast Paste, Productive Environment
Dining, Cashier, Barista, Line and Drive-Thru (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ONJune 28, 2016
Working for Panera Bread in the past was a very fast paste kind of job especially considering the fact I was trained to do almost every type of position there. Very focused on company satisfaction.
overall not a great place to work
Night Shift Baker (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONMay 8, 2015
I worked as a Baker in one of franchise stores for two years and it was terrible. The only thing that kept me going was the people I worked with.
Management ignored requests for raises. I worked 2 years and only got a 50 cent raise after the first year. I will admit the benefits were great but the management, which was and I'm sure still is, based in the states so getting a hold of someone is nearly impossible.
Panera is great
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ONMay 13, 2016
Panera's is a great place to work, the managers are amazing and so are the co workers. I love seeing happy customers and stopping to talk to them when I can, find out what I can do better for them, and what they love about what I'm already doing.
Tasks at Panera
Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 2, 2016
Greet customers, and have a friendly conversation with customers and recommend them certain items that they may like.
Ups and Downs. Mostly downs
Certified Trainer & Caterer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 29, 2015
For a typical day at Panera, it was moderately to heavily busy. Many times we were very under-staffed, which isn't fair to anyone. There was always something to do. I learned loyalty and respect from my fellow employees and from a large amount of amazing customers. I improved on my customer communication skills and service.

The management team were never on the same page. Everyday was a different set of rules. And it became difficult to keep up with the new and old company policies. They were also very unorganized and incredibly lazy. Under-staffed. Constantly putting employees in tough situations and expecting to much for minimum wage.

The hardest part of the job was doing everything possible and within our power to make sure customers were satisfied when they left the store.

The absolute greatest thing about the job was the coworkers. They always made it enjoyable to work with. Never a dull moment. Even in stressful situations. Amazing employees.
Pros
Easy to be friends with everyone.
Cons
High expectations. Expensive food. Lazy management. Under-staffed.
very bad
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONDecember 7, 2015
Very bad company to work for, rude people, and very unprofessional service. Management was rude, don't go looking there for a job.
Great Place
Cashier/Waitress/Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ONFebruary 29, 2016
Great place to work, clean environment, friendly people, clean and good food. I currently still work there and enjoy it very much.
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
shifts can be tiring
Fun environment to work in
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ONOctober 29, 2015
Pretty good first job, really cool people to work with. You learn a lot of skills needed for the future and always have someone there for you when you need it.
Positive Workplace; our work is appreciated.
Overnight Baker/ Certified Baker Trainer (Current Employee) –  Inland Empire, CAJanuary 4, 2013
Working as a baker for Panera Bread is a very rewarding experience. Knowing that our baked product is on display day after day really provides an incentive for us to do our best.
We start at 10 PM and work through the night. All of the bread is baked fresh every night, no exceptions. I've learned to be a leader in my workplace and have advanced into a position of leadership as a Certified Baker Trainer. Upper management is always supportive and have a big presence in the workplace despite not being able to be at every cafe in one night. Being that there are 15+ cafes in the inland empire, management relies on the baker trainers to ensure that Panera standards are being followed day in and day out.
The hardest part of this job would have to be the hours. The job itself is enjoyable but it takes time to adjust to the graveyard shift.
Pros
friendly people, independent workplace, lunch credit
Cons
graveyard shift
Productive and fun work environment
Part-time Cashier, Barista, Dining Room Buss Girl (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 15, 2015
Variety of tasks given daily
Great to see regular customers
Easy to place a smile on my face in this environment
Some days felt repetitive
Very teamwork oriented, fun at times.
Catering Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 12, 2013
Very early days.
I learned to function outside of my comfort zone.
Management, somewhat easy going, but not too cohesive and lacking in experience.
Colleagues are great and dedicated to ensuring the guest/ customer does not suffer.
The hardest part of my job is waking up early.
The most enjoyable, working with my colleagues and meeting the clients.
Pros
great colleagues.
Cons
inexperienced management.
Experience at Panera Bread
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ONFebruary 3, 2014
Life at Panera bread consisted of various tasks including doing dishes and table service (for me at least). I would greet customers and service them by bringing their ordered food to their selected table. Before closing, I would sweep, mop, and vacuum the floors, bring dishes and utensils to their original spot (if I was assigned to dishes) and overall make sure the area I was assigned to is clean. Instructions are easy to follow but management (including shift supervisors) would present expectation on the spot and not beforehand which served as a problem due to the location being a food franchise. Customs and new rules not stated within the handbook would also be relayed as an excuse to get angry at the workers (from what I've seen). The co-workers are friendly but most do gossip and give each other tension. The only hard part of the job is during lunch hour because of the rush. Food needs to be brought to tables in less than five minutes and depending how well our Line Cooks finish, then that will determine if I make it to the table early or late. The most enjoyable part of the job is servicing the customers and working as a team with co-workers.
Pros
50% discount on food
Cons
selfish and mean staff, no form of training, too much gossip
Very Fun and enjoyable place to work
Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ONJanuary 14, 2015
I worked here for about a year and I was very sad to leave due to university. Excellent management always ensures things are done on time and efficiently, would definitely recommend to a friend.
Panera Bread
Associate and Barista (Former Employee) –  Markham, ONJune 3, 2015
Panera offers an oasis to the customers and demands that the staff are kind and friendly to their customers. A typical day of work was enjoyable. It's an easy job. Your coworkers become family. Communication with managers is vital for success.
Pros
Food Discount
Cons
Double Shifts.
Too bad ZERO is not an option...
Baker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 17, 2013
I worked for Panera bread as a baker but did not like the night shifts so I stopped working for them, they said they would pay me the money owed (for 64.5 hours of work), 5 weeks went by of continuous contact and phone calls to head office and the district manager trying to get my money... I had to file a complaint with the Labour Board before finally getting some attention!!!! Even then, the lady in the payroll department was rude and disgusting to deal with!!! I am glad I filed that claim because hopefully they will get fined!!! I still have not received my cheque but at least the labour board has contacted me and guaranteed me that one way or another I will get my money - and if Panera does not pay it willingly they will be compelled by law!!! This is an afull company to work for that does not value its employees and breaks the law by not paying them for months at a time!!!!! TERRIBLE!!!!!
Pros
none!!!!
Cons
do not pay for months!!!!!!!!