Panera Bread

Panera Bread Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun place to work at
Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 23, 2014
Pros: fun, 50% discount
Cons: short hours
I love working at panera but lately management has cut down people's hours unfairly. The workers and management are all friendly though.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioMay 1, 2014
Pros: 70% off discount
Cons: short hours for full time
The workplace is a really fun environment. The general manager is really nice.
Fun, Active, busy
Serving food and assisting customers on all needs (Former Employee), 9350 Yonge St Richmond Hill, ONApril 13, 2014
Pros: free lunches, friendly people
Cons: tedious work.
A fun active place to work in, learn a lot about how the food industry works and free food as well. Very active environment. The occasional loud and angry customer but not the biggest deal in the world.
Experience at Panera Bread
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: 50% discount on food
Cons: selfish and mean staff, no form of training, too much gossip
Life at Panera bread consisted of various tasks including doing dishes and table service (for me at least). I would greet customers and service them by bringing their ordered food to their selected table. Before closing, I would sweep, mop, and vacuum the floors, bring dishes and utensils to their original spot (if I was assigned to dishes) and overall – more... make sure the area I was assigned to is clean. Instructions are easy to follow but management (including shift supervisors) would present expectation on the spot and not beforehand which served as a problem due to the location being a food franchise. Customs and new rules not stated within the handbook would also be relayed as an excuse to get angry at the workers (from what I've seen). The co-workers are friendly but most do gossip and give each other tension. The only hard part of the job is during lunch hour because of the rush. Food needs to be brought to tables in less than five minutes and depending how well our Line Cooks finish, then that will determine if I make it to the table early or late. The most enjoyable part of the job is servicing the customers and working as a team with co-workers. – less
Open communication, respected management and great products
Baker (Current Employee), North York, ONDecember 17, 2013
Pros: lunches are given, new products are rolled out each quarter
A typical day consists of prepping the dough for the night baker, baking what is required of the cafe.
Very teamwork oriented, fun at times.
Catering Co-ordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 12, 2013
Pros: great colleagues.
Cons: inexperienced management.
Very early days.
I learned to function outside of my comfort zone.
Management, somewhat easy going, but not too cohesive and lacking in experience.
Colleagues are great and dedicated to ensuring the guest/ customer does not suffer.
The hardest part of my job is waking up early.
The most enjoyable, working with my colleagues and meeting the clients.
Positive Workplace; our work is appreciated.
Overnight Baker/ Certified Baker Trainer (Current Employee), Inland Empire, CAJanuary 4, 2013
Pros: friendly people, independent workplace, lunch credit
Cons: graveyard shift
Working as a baker for Panera Bread is a very rewarding experience. Knowing that our baked product is on display day after day really provides an incentive for us to do our best.
We start at 10 PM and work through the night. All of the bread is baked fresh every night, no exceptions. I've learned to be a leader in my workplace and have advanced into – more... a position of leadership as a Certified Baker Trainer. Upper management is always supportive and have a big presence in the workplace despite not being able to be at every cafe in one night. Being that there are 15+ cafes in the inland empire, management relies on the baker trainers to ensure that Panera standards are being followed day in and day out.
The hardest part of this job would have to be the hours. The job itself is enjoyable but it takes time to adjust to the graveyard shift. – less
Fun workplace
Cashier/Barista (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 30, 2012
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
A typical day at work is providing for customers in a timely fashion.
Typical
Associate (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 21, 2014
I did not like it, I applied for cashier and ended up cooking food. While other people started out on the cashier like I applied to do.
Standard and pleasurable work environment
Baker (Current Employee), Fort Walton Beach, FLJuly 21, 2014
During a typical night at work I would be required to prepare dough and sweets for the proofing and baking process and well as top, ice, and arrange everything for the next day. I learned excellent time management skills as well as working well with a partner on a series of tasks. My co-workers are all dependable and likeable people who helped to train – more... me accurately and in a short amount of time. The most enjoyable part of my job is coming in to work the next night and seeing the previous nights work on display for the world to see. – less
Great people and fun work environment
Assistant manager/Food cost coordinator (Current Employee), Manhattan, KSJuly 20, 2014
Panera has been great, I am just looking for something new. Besides the long hours, Panera treats their employees very well.
good job
Catering Manager (Former Employee), Hillcrest, CAJuly 20, 2014
fun place to work, good times good food. catering department was the best at the time.
Easy job where I can be outgoing
Associate Trainer (Current Employee), Pasadena, TXJuly 19, 2014
Pros: 50 % off food
Cons: management
Lots of cleaning
Learned how to be patient
Management is pretty terrible. Usually most managers won't help if there's a line to the door or they don't actually look at your availability sheet when they schedule you.
Hardest thing is dealing with people when we run out of bread (yes it happens A LOT)
co workers are great but beware some like to start – more... rumors
its a pretty easy job – less
Fun work environment with beneficial growth opportunities
Catering Coordinator (Former Employee), Providence, RIJuly 17, 2014
Panera Bread is a great company to work for. There is a lot to learn and a lot of great people to work with. My experience working for Panera has only been positive and I would recommend this company to fellow job seekers.
The Job Culture is nice
Crew (Current Employee), Knoxville, TnJuly 17, 2014
Pros: the people; co-workers, managers, and customers
Cons: do not offer full time employment
I enjoy working at Panera Bread. The company cares a lot about the community and do a great job helping people. My co-workers are great, we get along well and have created a family relationship. My favorite part are the challenges that come with working at a customer driven business.
great place
Catering Coordinator (Current Employee), Muskegon, MIJuly 16, 2014
Pros: awesome discount.
friendly, fun, fast paced. management is awesome, always working as a team
Productive workplace
Barista (Former Employee), Corona, CAJuly 16, 2014
I really miss the food here it was such a great atmosphere to be in with lots of the same faces and daily routines.
Fast paced environment, great staff.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Midlothian, VAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: fast paced, great staff and managment
Open and closing of bakery café, training of new managers and employees, deployment of staff, monetary deposits, prepping, preparing and storing of foods, customer service, ordering supplies.
typical work day
ASSOCIATE TRAINER & CATERING ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Midwest City, OKJuly 15, 2014
Pros: discount product
Cons: difficult customers
At Panera a typical work day includes making fresh coffee, taking customer calls for phone in orders, catering orders, making orders, delivering orders if needed, making customer care calls, maintaining an accurate money count in drawer, training new associates, directing associates in duties that need to be completed during the day, giving an excellent – more... customer service experience. the hardest part of my job is keeping not only associates happy and ready to work well but giving customers an excellent experience at Panera. – less
good job for highschool students
Cashier (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 15, 2014
Pros: food is awesome
Cons: the staff is rather cliquish
job consists of ringing people out and/or creating the meals.

1 2 3 4 5

About Panera Bread

Work Passionately...Please visit us online to learn more at PaneraBread.jobs. Panera Bread is expanding quickly across North – Read more