Panera Bread
2,487 reviews

Panera Bread Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
overall not a great place to work
Night Shift Baker (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONMay 8, 2015
I worked as a Baker in one of franchise stores for two years and it was terrible. The only thing that kept me going was the people I worked with.
Management ignored requests for raises. I worked 2 years and only got a 50 cent raise after the first year. I will admit the benefits were great but the management, which was and I'm sure still is, based in the states so getting a hold of someone is nearly impossible.
Fun and easy work
Certified Baker (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 6, 2015
Pros: Working with only 1 person or 2
Cons: Working Nights
- Know how much bake goods are in demand and added
- Prep tools and other baking miscellaneous
- Know the order how you are going to bake your goods, timing, placing
-Being organize
-Know how to adjust yourself in different kind of situations
-Work clean and effectively
Fast Food
Server/General help (Former Employee), Kingston, ONMarch 17, 2015
Pros: free drinks
Cons: wasent very busy!
my job was to make sure all of the food was on the plate and in a fashionable order, then would serve customers food promptly. We pre bussed tables as well for a better environment to chat to our family and friends in.
Very Fun and enjoyable place to work
Associate (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONJanuary 14, 2015
I worked here for about a year and I was very sad to leave due to university. Excellent management always ensures things are done on time and efficiently, would definitely recommend to a friend.
being a night shift baker.
Baker (Former Employee), Mississauga and TorontoSeptember 4, 2014
I did enjoy the job, I ended up having personal issues with the management that was running the franchise.
Fun, dedicated managers and committed workforce
Associate (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 18, 2014
Pros: 50% discount off
Cons: can get stressful during rush hour
A day at Panera is always fun and exciting. From giving customers their best experience to gaining more knowledge about customer support, something new is always happening at Panera.
Fun place to work at
Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 23, 2014
Pros: fun, 50% discount
Cons: short hours
I love working at panera but lately management has cut down people's hours unfairly. The workers and management are all friendly though.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioMay 1, 2014
Pros: 70% off discount
Cons: short hours for full time
The workplace is a really fun environment. The general manager is really nice.
Fun, Active, busy
Serving food and assisting customers on all needs (Former Employee), 9350 Yonge St Richmond Hill, ONApril 13, 2014
Pros: free lunches, friendly people
Cons: tedious work.
A fun active place to work in, learn a lot about how the food industry works and free food as well. Very active environment. The occasional loud and angry customer but not the biggest deal in the world.
Experience at Panera Bread
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: 50% discount on food
Cons: selfish and mean staff, no form of training, too much gossip
Life at Panera bread consisted of various tasks including doing dishes and table service (for me at least). I would greet customers and service them by bringing their ordered food to their selected table. Before closing, I would sweep, mop, and vacuum the floors, bring dishes and utensils to their original spot (if I was assigned to dishes) and overall make sure the area I was assigned to is clean. Instructions are easy to follow but management (including shift supervisors) would present expectation on the spot and not beforehand which served as a problem due to the location being a food franchise. Customs and new rules not stated within the handbook would also be relayed as an excuse to get angry at the workers (from what I've seen). The co-workers are friendly but most do gossip and give each other tension. The only hard part of the job is during lunch hour because of the rush. Food needs to be brought to tables in less than five minutes and depending how well our Line Cooks finish, then that will determine if I make it to the table early or late. The most enjoyable part of the job is servicing the customers and working as a team with co-workers.
Open communication, respected management and great products
Baker (Current Employee), North York, ONDecember 17, 2013
Pros: lunches are given, new products are rolled out each quarter
A typical day consists of prepping the dough for the night baker, baking what is required of the cafe.
Very teamwork oriented, fun at times.
Catering Co-ordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 12, 2013
Pros: great colleagues.
Cons: inexperienced management.
Very early days.
I learned to function outside of my comfort zone.
Management, somewhat easy going, but not too cohesive and lacking in experience.
Colleagues are great and dedicated to ensuring the guest/ customer does not suffer.
The hardest part of my job is waking up early.
The most enjoyable, working with my colleagues and meeting the clients.
Too bad ZERO is not an option...
Baker (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 17, 2013
Pros: none!!!!
Cons: do not pay for months!!!!!!!!
I worked for Panera bread as a baker but did not like the night shifts so I stopped working for them, they said they would pay me the money owed (for 64.5 hours of work), 5 weeks went by of continuous contact and phone calls to head office and the district manager trying to get my money... I had to file a complaint with the Labour Board before finally getting some attention!!!! Even then, the lady in the payroll department was rude and disgusting to deal with!!! I am glad I filed that claim because hopefully they will get fined!!! I still have not received my cheque but at least the labour board has contacted me and guaranteed me that one way or another I will get my money - and if Panera does not pay it willingly they will be compelled by law!!! This is an afull company to work for that does not value its employees and breaks the law by not paying them for months at a time!!!!! TERRIBLE!!!!!
Positive Workplace; our work is appreciated.
Overnight Baker/ Certified Baker Trainer (Current Employee), Inland Empire, CAJanuary 4, 2013
Pros: friendly people, independent workplace, lunch credit
Cons: graveyard shift
Working as a baker for Panera Bread is a very rewarding experience. Knowing that our baked product is on display day after day really provides an incentive for us to do our best.
We start at 10 PM and work through the night. All of the bread is baked fresh every night, no exceptions. I've learned to be a leader in my workplace and have advanced into a position of leadership as a Certified Baker Trainer. Upper management is always supportive and have a big presence in the workplace despite not being able to be at every cafe in one night. Being that there are 15+ cafes in the inland empire, management relies on the baker trainers to ensure that Panera standards are being followed day in and day out.
The hardest part of this job would have to be the hours. The job itself is enjoyable but it takes time to adjust to the graveyard shift.

About Panera Bread

Work Passionately...Please visit us online to learn more at PaneraBread.jobs. Panera Bread is expanding quickly across North – Read more