Panera Bread Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Panera is great
Cashier (Current Employee), Kingston, ONMay 13, 2016
Panera's is a great place to work, the managers are amazing and so are the co workers. I love seeing happy customers and stopping to talk to them when I can, find out what I can do better for them, and what they love about what I'm already doing.
Great Place
Cashier/Waitress/Line Cook (Current Employee), Whitby, ONFebruary 29, 2016
Pros: Good discounts
Cons: shifts can be tiring
Great place to work, clean environment, friendly people, clean and good food. I currently still work there and enjoy it very much.
very bad
Server/Hostess (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 7, 2015
Very bad company to work for, rude people, and very unprofessional service. Management was rude, don't go looking there for a job.
Overall good
CSA (Current Employee), Downtown TorontoNovember 4, 2015
Pros: 50%off for every product. Free drink. Good coworkers
Cons: Long hours, heavy workload, understaffed, awful head manager
Heavy workload but able to work with good coworkers. Everyone is nice and willing to assist with new people. General manager and shift supervisor are awesome.

Head manager is awful. Not reasonable at all. Blame others when he assigned wrong shift to staff. Blame the entire store people when he was blamed by the head office. Ridiculous manager. Shift without him is amazing. With him, good luck! Everyone on that day will get depression.
Fun environment to work in
Cashier (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONOctober 29, 2015
Pretty good first job, really cool people to work with. You learn a lot of skills needed for the future and always have someone there for you when you need it.
Productive and fun work environment
Part-time Cashier, Barista, Dining Room Buss Girl (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 15, 2015
Variety of tasks given daily
Great to see regular customers
Easy to place a smile on my face in this environment
Some days felt repetitive
Ups and Downs. Mostly downs
Certified Trainer & Caterer (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Easy to be friends with everyone.
Cons: High expectations. Expensive food. Lazy management. Under-staffed.
For a typical day at Panera, it was moderately to heavily busy. Many times we were very under-staffed, which isn't fair to anyone. There was always something to do. I learned loyalty and respect from my fellow employees and from a large amount of amazing customers. I improved on my customer communication skills and service.

The management team were never on the same page. Everyday was a different set of rules. And it became difficult to keep up with the new and old company policies. They were also very unorganized and incredibly lazy. Under-staffed. Constantly putting employees in tough situations and expecting to much for minimum wage.

The hardest part of the job was doing everything possible and within our power to make sure customers were satisfied when they left the store.

The absolute greatest thing about the job was the coworkers. They always made it enjoyable to work with. Never a dull moment. Even in stressful situations. Amazing employees.
Panera Bread
Associate and Barista (Former Employee), Markham, ONJune 3, 2015
Pros: Food Discount
Cons: Double Shifts.
Panera offers an oasis to the customers and demands that the staff are kind and friendly to their customers. A typical day of work was enjoyable. It's an easy job. Your coworkers become family. Communication with managers is vital for success.
overall not a great place to work
Night Shift Baker (Former Employee), Etobicoke, ONMay 8, 2015
I worked as a Baker in one of franchise stores for two years and it was terrible. The only thing that kept me going was the people I worked with.
Management ignored requests for raises. I worked 2 years and only got a 50 cent raise after the first year. I will admit the benefits were great but the management, which was and I'm sure still is, based in the states so getting a hold of someone is nearly impossible.
Fun and easy work
Certified Baker (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 6, 2015
Pros: Working with only 1 person or 2
Cons: Working Nights
- Know how much bake goods are in demand and added
- Prep tools and other baking miscellaneous
- Know the order how you are going to bake your goods, timing, placing
-Being organize
-Know how to adjust yourself in different kind of situations
-Work clean and effectively
Fast Food
Server/General help (Former Employee), Kingston, ONMarch 17, 2015
Pros: free drinks
Cons: wasent very busy!
my job was to make sure all of the food was on the plate and in a fashionable order, then would serve customers food promptly. We pre bussed tables as well for a better environment to chat to our family and friends in.
Very Fun and enjoyable place to work
Associate (Former Employee), Vaughan, ONJanuary 14, 2015
I worked here for about a year and I was very sad to leave due to university. Excellent management always ensures things are done on time and efficiently, would definitely recommend to a friend.
being a night shift baker.
Baker (Former Employee), Mississauga and TorontoSeptember 4, 2014
I did enjoy the job, I ended up having personal issues with the management that was running the franchise.
Fun, dedicated managers and committed workforce
Associate (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 18, 2014
Pros: 50% discount off
Cons: can get stressful during rush hour
A day at Panera is always fun and exciting. From giving customers their best experience to gaining more knowledge about customer support, something new is always happening at Panera.
Fun place to work at
Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 23, 2014
Pros: fun, 50% discount
Cons: short hours
I love working at panera but lately management has cut down people's hours unfairly. The workers and management are all friendly though.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioMay 1, 2014
Pros: 70% off discount
Cons: short hours for full time
The workplace is a really fun environment. The general manager is really nice.
Fun, Active, busy
Serving food and assisting customers on all needs (Former Employee), 9350 Yonge St Richmond Hill, ONApril 13, 2014
Pros: free lunches, friendly people
Cons: tedious work.
A fun active place to work in, learn a lot about how the food industry works and free food as well. Very active environment. The occasional loud and angry customer but not the biggest deal in the world.
awesome work place
Night Baker (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 9, 2014
Pros: free food
panera was a really great place to work and train and great people to work with and for.
Experience at Panera Bread
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: 50% discount on food
Cons: selfish and mean staff, no form of training, too much gossip
Life at Panera bread consisted of various tasks including doing dishes and table service (for me at least). I would greet customers and service them by bringing their ordered food to their selected table. Before closing, I would sweep, mop, and vacuum the floors, bring dishes and utensils to their original spot (if I was assigned to dishes) and overall make sure the area I was assigned to is clean. Instructions are easy to follow but management (including shift supervisors) would present expectation on the spot and not beforehand which served as a problem due to the location being a food franchise. Customs and new rules not stated within the handbook would also be relayed as an excuse to get angry at the workers (from what I've seen). The co-workers are friendly but most do gossip and give each other tension. The only hard part of the job is during lunch hour because of the rush. Food needs to be brought to tables in less than five minutes and depending how well our Line Cooks finish, then that will determine if I make it to the table early or late. The most enjoyable part of the job is servicing the customers and working as a team with co-workers.
Open communication, respected management and great products
Baker (Current Employee), North York, ONDecember 17, 2013
Pros: lunches are given, new products are rolled out each quarter
A typical day consists of prepping the dough for the night baker, baking what is required of the cafe.
Headquarters