Panera Bread
1,833 reviews

Panera Bread Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
being a night shift baker.
Baker (Former Employee), Mississauga and TorontoSeptember 4, 2014
I did enjoy the job, I ended up having personal issues with the management that was running the franchise.
Fun, dedicated managers and committed workforce
Associate (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 18, 2014
Pros: 50% discount off
Cons: can get stressful during rush hour
A day at Panera is always fun and exciting. From giving customers their best experience to gaining more knowledge about customer support, something new is always happening at Panera.
Fun place to work at
Associate (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 23, 2014
Pros: fun, 50% discount
Cons: short hours
I love working at panera but lately management has cut down people's hours unfairly. The workers and management are all friendly though.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), Toronto, OntarioMay 1, 2014
Pros: 70% off discount
Cons: short hours for full time
The workplace is a really fun environment. The general manager is really nice.
Fun, Active, busy
Serving food and assisting customers on all needs (Former Employee), 9350 Yonge St Richmond Hill, ONApril 13, 2014
Pros: free lunches, friendly people
Cons: tedious work.
A fun active place to work in, learn a lot about how the food industry works and free food as well. Very active environment. The occasional loud and angry customer but not the biggest deal in the world.
Experience at Panera Bread
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Current Employee), Etobicoke, ONFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: 50% discount on food
Cons: selfish and mean staff, no form of training, too much gossip
Life at Panera bread consisted of various tasks including doing dishes and table service (for me at least). I would greet customers and service them by bringing their ordered food to their selected table. Before closing, I would sweep, mop, and vacuum the floors, bring dishes and utensils to their original spot (if I was assigned to dishes) and overall – more... make sure the area I was assigned to is clean. Instructions are easy to follow but management (including shift supervisors) would present expectation on the spot and not beforehand which served as a problem due to the location being a food franchise. Customs and new rules not stated within the handbook would also be relayed as an excuse to get angry at the workers (from what I've seen). The co-workers are friendly but most do gossip and give each other tension. The only hard part of the job is during lunch hour because of the rush. Food needs to be brought to tables in less than five minutes and depending how well our Line Cooks finish, then that will determine if I make it to the table early or late. The most enjoyable part of the job is servicing the customers and working as a team with co-workers. – less
Open communication, respected management and great products
Baker (Current Employee), North York, ONDecember 17, 2013
Pros: lunches are given, new products are rolled out each quarter
A typical day consists of prepping the dough for the night baker, baking what is required of the cafe.
Very teamwork oriented, fun at times.
Catering Co-ordinator (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJune 12, 2013
Pros: great colleagues.
Cons: inexperienced management.
Very early days.
I learned to function outside of my comfort zone.
Management, somewhat easy going, but not too cohesive and lacking in experience.
Colleagues are great and dedicated to ensuring the guest/ customer does not suffer.
The hardest part of my job is waking up early.
The most enjoyable, working with my colleagues and meeting the clients.
Too bad ZERO is not an option...
Baker (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 17, 2013
Pros: none!!!!
Cons: do not pay for months!!!!!!!!
I worked for Panera bread as a baker but did not like the night shifts so I stopped working for them, they said they would pay me the money owed (for 64.5 hours of work), 5 weeks went by of continuous contact and phone calls to head office and the district manager trying to get my money... I had to file a complaint with the Labour Board before finally – more... getting some attention!!!! Even then, the lady in the payroll department was rude and disgusting to deal with!!! I am glad I filed that claim because hopefully they will get fined!!! I still have not received my cheque but at least the labour board has contacted me and guaranteed me that one way or another I will get my money - and if Panera does not pay it willingly they will be compelled by law!!! This is an afull company to work for that does not value its employees and breaks the law by not paying them for months at a time!!!!! TERRIBLE!!!!! – less
Positive Workplace; our work is appreciated.
Overnight Baker/ Certified Baker Trainer (Current Employee), Inland Empire, CAJanuary 4, 2013
Pros: friendly people, independent workplace, lunch credit
Cons: graveyard shift
Working as a baker for Panera Bread is a very rewarding experience. Knowing that our baked product is on display day after day really provides an incentive for us to do our best.
We start at 10 PM and work through the night. All of the bread is baked fresh every night, no exceptions. I've learned to be a leader in my workplace and have advanced into – more... a position of leadership as a Certified Baker Trainer. Upper management is always supportive and have a big presence in the workplace despite not being able to be at every cafe in one night. Being that there are 15+ cafes in the inland empire, management relies on the baker trainers to ensure that Panera standards are being followed day in and day out.
The hardest part of this job would have to be the hours. The job itself is enjoyable but it takes time to adjust to the graveyard shift. – less
scatterbrained management and understaffing
Associate Manager In Training (Current Employee), Reynoldsburg, OHDecember 14, 2014
Pros: you might get paid, but not on time
Cons: often make you work without breaks, and forget eating
if you are looking for a job that makes you feel like you have zero real world experience let alone a degree because to them that means nothing they treat all their employees like they are 16 and think they can get away with any kind of behavior

never know if you are going to get paid on time, even though its a franchise and they should have their – more... stuff together

what i learned its better to just leave because you will not get anywhere in this job, they do not promote from within let alone report on positive employees who show promise and have been there for years.

hardest part of the job? staying there.
easiest? leaving.

coworkers are understaffed and overworked often work 10-12hr shifts without breaks. – less
Very fast paced work enviroment
Associate Trainer (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLDecember 13, 2014
Pros: discounted food
Cons: have to put up with rumors and gossip
Easy to start out. I was only a cashier, but then I grew with the company and became a trainer. I would train all the new people on cashier, making drinks, maintaining the dining room, cleaning back of the house, preparing and making the food, even opening and closing the bakery, or the make line, and phone orders. I was making my way into catering, – more... once I found out there were no openings my next goal was shift manager. I ran into issues with a certain co-worker and was not happy. The management was very poor, they showed favoritism and it showed on the schedule. Some co-workers were nice but mostly consisted of attitudinal teenagers still in high school. Gossip and rumors spread throughout the work environment, which is not suitable. Hardest part was just making it there, there is no difficulty in the job description itself. Only real required work was to make it there on time, and was even harder on those who didn't have a car. Most enjoyable part was only the regular customers who put a smile on your face. – less
Productive and fast paced job
Panera Bread Customer Associate (Current Employee), Oldsmar, FLDecember 11, 2014
A typical day at work for me consists of 8 or more hours. I am typically on the register or making drinks at the barista counter.
Great Company/Meager Pay
ASSOCIATE TRAINER (Current Employee), Omaha, NEDecember 10, 2014
Pros: 65% off, flexible hours
Cons: meager pay
Panera Bread is a wonderful company to work for. They do a lot of things for the company and have lots of room to move up in the company.
Days can be very stressful because of low number of staff at times (high turnover) and not a lot of associates being trained in everything.
Management actually listens to your ideas and concerns and takes care of – more... them appropriately.
Training was very thorough.
Able to move up really high into the company. – less
fun work environment
Restaurant and Drive Thru Trainer (Former Employee), Denver, CODecember 10, 2014
Pros: interact with great co workers
Cons: did not give breaks and management didnt appreciate assosiates
although this job had a fun work environment it was very stressful at times. lunch rushes were very hectic and seemed like none of the managers helped. This job taught me a lot about myself, I am a team leader and i like to teach others my knowledge.
Panera Bread Review
Associate Trainer (Current Employee), Grand Blanc, MIDecember 10, 2014
I usually come to work and set up the production line before the lunch rush. I was also responsible for training new associates. Working here I learned how to manage my time when i have plenty of task to complete before my shift was over with.
great food, always something to learn
Laborer/Trainer (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IADecember 9, 2014
With the changing menus there is always something to learn and you get to interact with customers at almost all positions.
Panera Bread
Line Worker (Current Employee), Easton, MDDecember 9, 2014
Pros: flexible
Its an enjoyable place to work, interact with customers. Friendly staff and management.
Low pay great team of
CERTIFIED TRAINER (Former Employee), Denver, CODecember 8, 2014
I loved the food and the experience but I prefer to work where the pay is at least livable
terrible work place
Cashier (Former Employee), Gaithersburg, MDDecember 8, 2014
Cons: management sucks
dont work here the one in gaithersburg is the worst. the gm was awful and the assist. managers also suck. beware of assist. manager terry hes the worst person alive. DO NOT work at panera bread on frederick ave.

1 2 3 4 5

About Panera Bread

Work Passionately...Please visit us online to learn more at PaneraBread.jobs. Panera Bread is expanding quickly across North – Read more