This position supports multiple concurrent proposals under the guidance of the General Manager and helps maintain overall structured and standardized proposal development processes. The position participates in researching Request for Proposal (RFP)/Request for Quotation (RFQ) requirements and creation of the proposal directive and schedule. The position contributes directly to the continuous improvement of proposal development and knowledge management processes and takes a hands-on approach to proposal tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates in the development of the proposal process, structure and format, win strategies, competitive analysis, requirement matrices and proposal presentation.
- Organizes and schedules proposal meetings and serves as the liaison for team mates and other contributors during proposal development.
- Develops, maintains and communicates the proposal information within the quote log.
- Serves as the point of contact for compiling and formatting the proposal documents. Receives and sends materials and coordinates the deadlines and materials needed with production staff.
- Develops and maintains templates and standards for proposal preparation materials.
- Handles all meeting logistics, including preparing agendas, taking and distributing meeting minutes, and preparing materials as needed. Maintain action item lists in the Proposal Directive.
- Serves as the point of contact for production staff and customers.
- Provides proofreading and editing as needed.
- Educates sales staff and delivery teams on the proposal process, standards and templates and ensures adherence.
- Performs estimate reviews with G.M. and Sales
- Reviews specifications and drawings to determine RFQ requirements.
- Records receipt of and reviews (RFP)/(RFQ) packages and ensures documentation fully received.
- Coordinates purchasing, acquiring pricing and proposals from various suppliers and subcontractors.
- Responsible for all project document control including the recording of document and information receipt.
- Tracks the flow and status of all proposal documents.
- Other general administrative duties as required.
- Complies with standards and procedures of Panelflex’s health and safety manual and Occupational Health and Safety regulations.
- Coordinates and completes freight and courier company bills of ladings with other relevant documentation as required.
- Coordinates materials for jobs.
- Monitors received material and matches to purchase orders.
- Utilize inventory and surplus material where possible.
- Follows-up with vendors and internal sources to confirm and schedule incoming material deliver.
- Assists with the issuance of Purchase Order numbers, data entry on purchase orders and receipt of purchase orders in the system.
- Assists with RMA (Returned Material Authorizations) creation and matching existing Purchase Orders in the system for returns.
Skills, Abilities and Educational Background
General knowledge of estimating techniques, cost control and material pricing preferred but not mandatory.
- General knowledge of estimating techniques, cost control and material pricing preferred but not mandatory.
- Previous experience in a panel shop preferred.
- Ability to assume responsibility and to interface and communicate effectively with others, have strong interpersonal skills and be self-motivated.
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites
- Reflects a willingness to learn quickly and has a positive attitude.
- Shows attention to quality and is detail oriented.
- Candidate is responsible for transportation to and from Panelflex.
Panelflex offers a highly competitive compensation package. Our employment delivers a diverse, welcoming and team-oriented atmosphere making for an environment of strong communication, mentoring, team achievement and mutual respect. Panelflex employees take great pride in their contributions and are our greatest assets, ensuring superior service for our valued customers.
To apply for this posting, e-mail your resume and cover letter. You can also apply by faxing or mailing your resume and cover letter (stating position title) to: Panelflex Ltd., Bay 9 - 7408 40 Street SE, Calgary, AB T2C 2L6; Fax: 403-279-8299. No phone calls please.
Indeed - 13 months ago
Panelflex Ltd. is a leading supplier of electrical custom control panel solutions. We provide a variety of custom panel products to support...