Panduit Employee Reviews

Decision making dominated by US corp
Strategic Solutions Manager (Former Employee) –  LondonMarch 2, 2016
Product orientated organisation, trying to develop solutions but making this transition is proving to be a problem.

Autocratic management with little encouragement for original thought.

High degree of internal meetings. non customer focused

Co workers friendly.

Hardest part of job is response to solution based customer requirements
Pros
Home based
Cons
Fun place to work at, awesome team work, great location.
EMEA SALES SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Guadalajara, MexicoFebruary 14, 2016
This job was very enjoyable. I would start at five in the morning and finish at one in the afternoon, so I had time to workout, or have a second job. It made my computer skills better, it was nice being part of a fun team, my customer service abilities increased, and I made several friends. I also took leadership in some of the projects increasing my communication skills in different levels of the company. The hardest part of the job probably was, waking up at four in the morning, but you get used it pretty quick. The most enjoyable part was that the company is easy going and my teammates were amazing, friendly and we all helped each other out.
Great People Who Create a Great Company
Trade Show Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILMay 12, 2016
A typical day at work consists of daily interactions with great team players and a company belief that we will succeed.
I have learned that you can advance and become more knowledgeable through an open dialogue.
Management is a very straight forward and open team. They relay top level initiatives in a very organized and honest manner.
Coworkers at Panduit are some of the most honest and willing to work as a team as I have seen before.
The hardest part of the job is the organization of the business units for trade shows they would like to attend. This part of the job is also manageable through great organizing and open dialogue.
The most enjoyable part of this job is the versatility and the wide array of different tasks that are to be done every day.
Pros
Great insurance and great advancement training.
Cons
NA
a work place that keeps up technology
Electrical Technician 2 (Former Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILJanuary 28, 2016
Everyone getting along on production floor, team work, makes the day go well. As long as the machines do not break down it is a good day. the hardest part of the day is relying on outdated machines and software on them not messing up.
Pros
great work hours
Cons
no job promotions
It was a great place to work when I first started
Warehouse Tech (Former Employee) –  DeKalb, ILMarch 1, 2016
Great place to work when I first started but the last 2 years it has gone down hill drastically. New management is extremely inexperienced and untrustworthy. The benefits have been cut a lot.
Greta Place to Work
Interim Director of Marketing Automation (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILJanuary 10, 2016
They are great people to work with. Always willing to explore any avenue to improve their marketing model. Good leadership and fantastic work to life ratio.
Kind of OK organization
System Architect (Former Employee) –  Tinley ParkSeptember 23, 2015
Good organization for work/life balance perspective.
However, found management is struggling to steer to the right direction. May be due to some of the culture that they married to.
Can move forward, need very strong and focused management and
an appropriate organization structure and methodology.
productive workplace fun at times
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILAugust 18, 2015
most days at work were pretty straight foward then other days things were scattered everywhere. learning new products that came into the company always seemed to be a challenge at times enjoyed the bbq's an my co-workers.
Pros
nice bbq's an raffle giveaways.
Cons
short breaks
Very Good Company and place to work
BUSSINESS PARTNER PROGRAM ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Guadalajara MexicoJune 29, 2015
I used to handle all the Partner program for the US, Canada, and EMEA, regarding incentives, registrations, payments etc.
I learned a lot of all cultures and the administration for a lot of countries, was very fun and productive.
All my team mates were very united, proactive and responsible of their jobs, that is the best thing that my job had.
Benefits
Cons
Managment
Electrical Engineering intern (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILSeptember 17, 2015
Very nice and fun place to work in. Very helpful people. Gives you hands on work with your major. Highly recommend it to any one pursuing a career in electrical engineering.
IT employee (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILAugust 24, 2015
Great place to work and learn especially for new college graduates in the engineering field. Great environment for outside and inside sale employee's.
Good, dedicated employees. Upper management is poor.
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILMarch 26, 2015
Radical cost reduction program underway to maximize value of company for future sale to the public. Sink or swim culture. Management is never wrong.
Pros
Good employees with commitment to success.
Cons
Inept management.
Was OK - not now
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILNovember 22, 2014
Years ago Panduit was a pretty positive place to work, but lately management seems to run things by keeping employees in the dark. There is a lot of fear of 'rocking the boat' by standing up to management, so nothing innovative is done and new, better ways are not being pursued. Co-workers were a fine bunch. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning a variety of software programs and implementing their advantages.
Pros
flex time, 401k incentives
Cons
management not open to new ideas, although they say to 'innovate'
Panduit Summary
Manager of Global Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILAugust 12, 2015
Panduit is a world wide leader and provider of Network hardware components and Software Products for the Enterprise, Data Center and Industrial automation arenas.

Managed the Global Technical Support team for the Intelligent Management Systems (IMS) Worldwide.

Review outstanding critical customer issues. Provide detailed reports to the Software and Hardware groups for Software Bugs and Firmware issues. Managed Change Management process and developed Process Workflows. Supported the Professional Services Implementation Teams with critical issues related to installations, configurations and problems at customer locations around the world.

Co-workers were very dedicated to their roles and responsibilities.

The hardest part of the job was trying to make sure 24/7/365 support was available with a very small team of Engineers. Downsizing and Cutbacks reduced available personnel to perform the duties of the Technical Support Team.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I interfaced with on a daily basis. Customers and internal teams were very flexible and great team players to get the job done.
Pros
Good Pay and Benefits
Cons
No work/life balance. Expectation to to work on average 55 hours a week was not healthy for workers
nurturing workplace depending on who you work with
Product Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILFebruary 2, 2015
Panduit is filled with people who are caring and warm. The engineer know and understand what they are doing if you are in the right department. the management is either logical or off their rocker.
Collecting a wide range of experience
Senior Manager, Finance (Current Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILMarch 2, 2015
Very nice working environment. The company built a tremendous glass cafeteria for employees to collaborate during breaks and lunch.
Former Employee
Engineer (Former Employee) –  ILFebruary 3, 2014
"Do more with less" was the attitude of management. Engineering was overloaded and there was an understanding that no help was coming. Everyone was stressed and it showed, morale was horrible and there was a tension regarding job security because a bad quarter could turn into layoffs.
The company has changed and not for the better. I agree with the comments from "Ex-Employee reivew"
Pros
experienced employees
Cons
see below and comments by "ex-employee reivew"
Great Company to work for
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  Dekalb, IllinoisNovember 20, 2013
The job required very boring monotonous tasks, some heavy lifting and the ability to work self sufficiently.
The Trainers were friendly and helpful, the compensation was more than fair for the type of work being done.

Management is similar to any other company, they play favorites and arent necessarily up to date on corporate policy.

However overall this was a very pleasurable experience. Great coworkers, Good company, Flexible hours, optional overtime offered on rare occasion, Great benefits.
Easy going but fast paced
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lockport, ILNovember 11, 2013
My day at panduit would start off with me speaking with the previous shifts' operator and find out how the machine had behaved during that shift. Once I was brought up to speed I would perform a first inspection on the product coming off the line as well as fill out the neccessary paperwork for said inspection. I was expected to keep my workspace clean and organized as well as perform die changes for the punch machine, keep the gaylords on spec and change them out when needed. Any problems on the line I was expected and able to respond quickly and competently.
Pros
working with machines
Cons
lots of walking up and down the line
Ex-Employee reivew
Confidential (Former Employee) –  Tinley ParkApril 30, 2013
I was an employee of Panduit in Tinley Park for many years. There is not much positive I can say regarding my years as a Panduit Employee.

The owners are closing many local USA production locations and sending the majority of production facilities off shore. They no longer care about hiring and having loyal US employees - their focus now is the bottom line dollar.

The culture when I was at Panduit was totally de-motivating and all employees were walking around depressed. There were so many layoff's - at least 1 mass layoff of USA employees per year.

My recommendation RUN DON'T WALK away from this employer.
Cons
see review