Panduit

Panduit Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive workplace fun at times
Production Worker (Former Employee), Burr Ridge, ILAugust 18, 2015
Pros: nice bbq's an raffle giveaways.
Cons: short breaks
most days at work were pretty straight foward then other days things were scattered everywhere. learning new products that came into the company always seemed to be a challenge at times enjoyed the bbq's an my co-workers.
Panduit Summary
Manager of Global Technical Support (Former Employee), Tinley Park, ILAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Good Pay and Benefits
Cons: No work/life balance. Expectation to to work on average 55 hours a week was not healthy for workers
Panduit is a world wide leader and provider of Network hardware components and Software Products for the Enterprise, Data Center and Industrial automation arenas.

Managed the Global Technical Support team for the Intelligent Management Systems (IMS) Worldwide.

Review outstanding critical customer issues. Provide detailed reports to the Software and Hardware groups for Software Bugs and Firmware issues. Managed Change Management process and developed Process Workflows. Supported the Professional Services Implementation Teams with critical issues related to installations, configurations and problems at customer locations around the world.

Co-workers were very dedicated to their roles and responsibilities.

The hardest part of the job was trying to make sure 24/7/365 support was available with a very small team of Engineers. Downsizing and Cutbacks reduced available personnel to perform the duties of the Technical Support Team.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I interfaced with on a daily basis. Customers and internal teams were very flexible and great team players to get the job done.
Very Good Company and place to work
BUSSINESS PARTNER PROGRAM ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Guadalajara MexicoJune 29, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Managment
I used to handle all the Partner program for the US, Canada, and EMEA, regarding incentives, registrations, payments etc.
I learned a lot of all cultures and the administration for a lot of countries, was very fun and productive.
All my team mates were very united, proactive and responsible of their jobs, that is the best thing that my job had.
Good, dedicated employees. Upper management is poor.
Product Manager (Former Employee), Orland Park, ILMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Good employees with commitment to success.
Cons: Inept management.
Radical cost reduction program underway to maximize value of company for future sale to the public. Sink or swim culture. Management is never wrong.
Collecting a wide range of experience
Senior Manager, Finance (Current Employee), Tinley Park, ILMarch 2, 2015
Very nice working environment. The company built a tremendous glass cafeteria for employees to collaborate during breaks and lunch.
Sales Support Specialist (Former Employee), MexicoFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: employees' events
Panduit is a good company and treats the employees well. There are opportunities for development and the work culture is well-applied.
Product Design Engineer (Former Employee), Tinley Park, ILFebruary 2, 2015
Panduit is filled with people who are caring and warm. The engineer know and understand what they are doing if you are in the right department. the management is either logical or off their rocker.
Was OK - not now
Coordinator (Former Employee), Tinley Park, ILNovember 22, 2014
Pros: flex time, 401k incentives
Cons: management not open to new ideas, although they say to 'innovate'
Years ago Panduit was a pretty positive place to work, but lately management seems to run things by keeping employees in the dark. There is a lot of fear of 'rocking the boat' by standing up to management, so nothing innovative is done and new, better ways are not being pursued. Co-workers were a fine bunch. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning a variety of software programs and implementing their advantages.
interesting and challenging
Production Operator 2 (Former Employee), New Lenox, ILOctober 18, 2014
Pros: training
Cons: slow advancement
good company offered many training programs good benefits and salary
Ex-Employee
Warehouse Tech (Former Employee), Dekalb, IllinoisAugust 5, 2014
Pros: maybe pay
I worked there around 2001. It is one of the worst companies that I have worked there. They believe in the good old boy system. They play the favorite game there. If they offer you a job, my advice is to RUN as far as you can!
Work Hard Play Hard!
Confidential (Current Employee), Cumming, GAJune 20, 2014
Pros: 401k employer match
Cons: promotion opportunities only in chicago
Great place to work if you like change. The leadership team is very smart and we strive to find new ways to improve processes using lean and six sigma methods. The people are so fun to work with.
Former Employee
Engineer (Former Employee), ILFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: experienced employees
Cons: see below and comments by "ex-employee reivew"
"Do more with less" was the attitude of management. Engineering was overloaded and there was an understanding that no help was coming. Everyone was stressed and it showed, morale was horrible and there was a tension regarding job security because a bad quarter could turn into layoffs.
The company has changed and not for the better. I agree with the comments from "Ex-Employee reivew"
Great Company to work for
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee), Dekalb, IllinoisNovember 20, 2013
The job required very boring monotonous tasks, some heavy lifting and the ability to work self sufficiently.
The Trainers were friendly and helpful, the compensation was more than fair for the type of work being done.

Management is similar to any other company, they play favorites and arent necessarily up to date on corporate policy.

However overall this was a very pleasurable experience. Great coworkers, Good company, Flexible hours, optional overtime offered on rare occasion, Great benefits.
Easy going but fast paced
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Lockport, ILNovember 11, 2013
Pros: working with machines
Cons: lots of walking up and down the line
My day at panduit would start off with me speaking with the previous shifts' operator and find out how the machine had behaved during that shift. Once I was brought up to speed I would perform a first inspection on the product coming off the line as well as fill out the neccessary paperwork for said inspection. I was expected to keep my workspace clean and organized as well as perform die changes for the punch machine, keep the gaylords on spec and change them out when needed. Any problems on the line I was expected and able to respond quickly and competently.
Great Boss
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Burr Ridge, ILOctober 28, 2013
Room to advance and learn within the company. Able to switch shifts. Fun co-workers.
Great Warehouse
Inventory Supervisor (Former Employee), Cumming, GAAugust 12, 2013
Pros: fast paced
Cons: mundane
Great learning experience in a fast paced environment. No complaints.
Ex-Employee reivew
Confidential (Former Employee), Tinley ParkApril 30, 2013
Cons: see review
I was an employee of Panduit in Tinley Park for many years. There is not much positive I can say regarding my years as a Panduit Employee.

The owners are closing many local USA production locations and sending the majority of production facilities off shore. They no longer care about hiring and having loyal US employees - their focus now is the bottom line dollar.

The culture when I was at Panduit was totally de-motivating and all employees were walking around depressed. There were so many layoff's - at least 1 mass layoff of USA employees per year.

My recommendation RUN DON'T WALK away from this employer.
independent working
Warehouse Technician/Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee), DeKalb, ILApril 3, 2013
i made pick-up and deliveries of product, management didn't really interfere with my day at all, and i didn't see any co-workers during the day , i enjoyed the independent working

About Panduit

Panduit's got your conduits covered. The company's electrical components tie together the communications, computing, power, and – Read more