Pandora Jewelry Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 March 2017
Pandora was a great place to work. The team was very nice and they love their customers. The team worked well together to reach their sale goals and also improve their work ethics.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Terrible place to work upper management is incompetent
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario Bay, MB19 March 2017
Nice place to work, upper management/corporate, terrible. Wonderful co workers. Canadian Pandora corp is terrible district manager is incompetent. Expected us at store level to make up for their errors.
Pros
good benefits, lovely co workers
Cons
Upper management incompetent
Fun workplace and great staff
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ON14 March 2017
I work here as a key holder, and have one of the best staff I've ever experienced. My store manager is also one of the best. We have our regular customers that we love seeing on a daily basis. Our owner is the only part of the job that I do not like.
Good Job
Greeter (Former Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON13 March 2017
Interestingly enough they look for beauty over qualifications.
Good work environment
happy place to work
LOTS of hours
nice people work there
fun to got o work every day
Great product and customers but poor scheduling and opportunity
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 March 2017
The product and job are great especially if you are passionate about the jewelry however scheduling and opportunity are poor. There is an expectation that you're available a certain amount of hours but never promised that you will recieve any of them. Requires a lot of product knowledge and memorization.
Pros
discount, first to know about new product and deals
Cons
no hours, poor scheduling, no communication
Great place to work as maybe a starter job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON8 March 2017
Very friendly staff when working there, would work days, evening, and weekends depending on scheduled shifts. I had the opportunity to learn a lot about jewelry and placing orders for the company for products needed. Management was never consistent, and the owner was never around to help with situations when they should have. Was hard to determine what to do depending on who you were working with as again all management expected totally different things and such to be done in different ways. I enjoy seeing how happy people are leaving the store, and hearing new stories as to why they wanted certain things. This was a very fun environment to work in, just needed a better management expectations. I had the opportunity to learn how to place orders and keep stock up to date to do so.
Pros
Learned many new sales and business skills, great people
Cons
Management was very much so on different books of expectations
decent job, loved the customers
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON2 March 2017
very competitive environment, lots of drama
really great pay
spent way too much on jewelry
great way to toughen up
if girls scare you don't work here
Pros
sweet discount, really nice to see people buying sentimental gifts for their loved ones
Cons
scary girls
Pandora
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON28 February 2017
A typical day at work consists of, getting checked in upon clocking in, this allows us to know our goals for the day and what we need to make as a store and our over all stats, as well as were we are personally sitting at as an individual.

Once we have been informed of our goals, we are then sent to the floor and greet customers upon entering. We ask them all non business questions, and then lead in with "what i can help with" or who they are shopping for.

If it is a quieter day, we go through the charm trays and make sure that they are presentable for when clients come in to look at the product. This would consist of lint rolling pillows, making sure everything is in the proper place. Ensuring that work station is organized and it is free of clutter.

Once all tasks have been completed, we would fill any other stock which includes charm and bracelet boxes and bags.
Pros
The customer interaction
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 February 2017
Pandora is a fun place to work especially since my coworkers became friends.
However, hours are very limited and scheduling is ridiculous.
Not only that, you always have to double check your pay stubs because sometimes you're not getting paid enough or your commission isn't right. You learnt how to up sell items. The hardest part of the job is memorizing all the names for the charms and the prices.
Productive and fun place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON24 February 2017
Very educational environment in which I learned a lot about selling and maintaining jewellery. I was also able to enhance my communication and leaderships skills effectively.
Productive and fun environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON21 February 2017
I love working at Pandora. There is a lot to learn and the employees are amazing. Management always has your back and they are there for you when you need help.
Management is terrible
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON17 February 2017
Management is awful. They dont care about the employees. They only care about sales. Favoritism is clear. Extremely unprofessional, as the manager will consistently put their employees down.
Pros
Relatively easy job
Amazing workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC7 February 2017
Working at Pandora is fun and relaxing, but can be boring sometimes when it becomes too quiet. There is no raises or promotions for employees despite how long you work there for.
Pros
discounts on products
Cons
can be boring
life as a pandora employee
Sales Associate, inventory speciallist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 February 2017
There is absolutely no advancement as promised upon getting hired. There is a lot of favoritism and and judgment on appearance, meaning you have to basically dress according to your culture. if your hair is naturally straight, you can not have curly hair, if you have a reaction to make up and are unable to put anything on your face, you get written up. I loved the company but the management is very unprofessional. there was some amazing bonuses but those got taken away as well.
work location
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC2 February 2017
The location was great in Victoria, it was central to all bus routes, lots of parking and the traffic wasn't bad going to and from.
Pros
You were in the mall
Cons
The small work space
Not a fast pace job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON31 January 2017
Easy and long days at work.
Not much to do to pass time.
Show customers charms and bracelets.
Inform them on prices and cash them out when finished.
Clean store and close the cash.
Fast Paced, Exciting,
Full Time Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 January 2017
Working at Pandora full time has had it's ups and downs. The positive aspect is that the day goes by quickly as everything is very fast paced. There is always new challenges and opportunities to explore and advancement is always an option. The one downside that I'd have to say is that there is no time to plan your personal life as the schedules are always changing week by week.
Pros
advancement
Cons
scheduling conflicts
They are to much
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC3 January 2017
The management sucks, (sorry for my language). But it true, the company drives their employees to the ground. It's wrong!!
Fun and tough working atmosphere
Key Holder - Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 December 2016
Working at Pandora was a fun, tough atmosphere to work in. I learned a lot about multitasking in terms of serving customers, and helping to keep the store running smoothly. I had to insure all the employees knew where they needed to be and what they needed to be doing while serving customers myself.
Pros
good discount
Cons
very long hours
too much drama
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 November 2016
First of all, let me just say that working at Pandora involves that you're working mostly with other girls, not necessarily adults. A lot of drama happens. A LOT. Especially because we're all girls, a lot of fake, backstabbing dtuff happens. People will be nice to you and then they'll tell management that you've been complaining all the time.

Second of all, you make one mistake in your receipt sheet before it even passes the cash and you get a warning. Mistakes happen all the time, some clients buy over 10 charms and you have to write ALL THE CODES DOWN by HAND, and every code is a 10+ character long combination of letters and numbers. Pandora has over 1000 products. You write n instead of m or 1 instead of 2, you get a warning. By getting a warning, you don't get your monthly bonus which is about 150$ if you're part-time.

It's minimum salary. Don't think because it's a jewelry store that you'll get paid more because no. No comission, team bonus.

Extremely severe on loss prevention. They'll follow you everywhere to make sure you're not stealing, they even empty our boots and check our wallets.

Clients are very picky. You have to welcome them and always be with them even if they say they don't want help (which is extremely annoying).

every sale you make has to be above 130$+ or else someone'll tell you you're not doing a good job. They're very severe on your sales numbers amd they give out hours to work based on that, also cut shifts based on that. You always have to push the client even if it's obvious they only want to buy for 40$. It sucks.
Pros
Good for your resume because pushed you to sell
Cons
still on an old system, management style is pretty pathetic and unorganised