Panda Express

Panda Express Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
My first actual customer service positon
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: free lunches, flexiable schedule
VERY fast paced resturant with great employees. Keeps you "On your toes," Hardest part f Job was when the line would wrap around the resturant during High school football season
Fast-pace work environment with shared responsibilities
Person In Charge (Current Employee), Racine, WISeptember 8, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: not easy to move up in the company
A typical day at Panda Express entails always greeting customers and making them feel welcome as well as serving them quality food in a clean environment. I learned at Panda Express how to manage shifts, handle customer complaints and questions, and how to cook in a wok. The management is very strict and particular in regards to how you look, how you – more... speak, and there is only one right way to get anything done. All my co-workers and myself get along well and work together productively as a team to keep up the store and make customers happy. The hardest part is keeping up with the policies, since they change every few weeks, and trying to accept that they don't really allow any individuality in the workers. The most enjoyable part of my job is cooking in the kitchen and prepping the vegetables. – less
Horrible Place to Work
Cashier/ Server (Former Employee), National City, CASeptember 4, 2014
Pros: the good food
Cons: everything else sucked
Management was really unorganized, they pay employees too little for the hard work. There was a lot of discrimination. Just hated it.
Highly Stressful work environment.
Kitchen Help/ Cook (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CASeptember 4, 2014
Pros: lunch is free but be ready to gain a few pounds if you decide to eat the food here everyday.
Cons: over worked and underpaid
Having worked here nearly 5 years it's time to move on and start working on a new career. The staff I worked with is why I stayed at this job for so long, not to mention the benefits they offer. As far as the way the location is ran I cant really say too many good things about it. Many employees are over worked and under paid. Since I started working – more... here after high school in 2009, the management team has always been in and out. In other words the new employees whether being an associate or part of the management team have left within a matter of 6 months.
All Panda Express restaurants have Regional Managers who walk into each store and instead of providing positive feedback they are quick in pointing out the bad and making you feel as little as possible. I myself can not recall a time one of the higher head honchos walked in and simply said "great job, keep up the good work." This corporation as a whole only cares about the revenue being made. Instead of asking us how we feel about the job or seeing what they can do to help their employee better their life, they make a person want to run out and regret ever working for them.
In the last 4 and a half years of working here I have been given a raise only 3 times. Although it clearly sates in the associates handbook that an employee is up for a review every 6 months. One might ask, well why didn't you ask for a review/raise? The answer is simple, we have and always do, the manager makes it seem as if they are the ones having to pay us straight out of their own pocket as if its a Ma and Pops diner. Other than the pay being very little for all their high demands, i stayed because of the benefits one is offered. If it wasn't for the benefits I would have been gone after the first 4 months of working here.
If I could ask the founding leaders of the business I would ask them why is it that almost every Panda Express out there is understaffed and constantly looking for new employees whether it being an associate or store managers? – less
its a ok job
Cashier (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMSeptember 3, 2014
learned how ro handle disturbing customers in a nice calmly matter. also our customers come first and i would make sure they are will taken care of and leave out the store happy!
Good Times
Lead Counter (Current Employee), Los AngelesSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: nothing really
well organize. fast pace. on going business with well hard working people.
Food Services
Food Server (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLAugust 27, 2014
Working at a food chain restaurant, polishes and develops your team building skills and client communication skills. In a typical work day I will see over 1500 clients to whom i had the pleasure of helping as needed. Your team is very enthusiastic and energetic making your work day go smoothly.
Got to learn new skills and learn how the restaurant industry works.
Service and Kitchen Team Member (Former Employee), Rowland, CAAugust 21, 2014
Pros: free lunch, nice co-workers, learned new skills
Cons: n/a
I had a lot of help from other co-workers when I first started working there. I also got to learn how the restaurant industry works, and I enjoyed working with this company. The food was also very good!
great services
counter Helper (Current Employee), Honolulu, HIAugust 21, 2014
people are so fun to work with.
I learned to be a great leader.
Fun and productive place to grow
Cashier (Former Employee), American Canyon, CAAugust 21, 2014
serving customers to the best of your ability, handling difficult customers with a smile on your face, the working environment was good working with your co workers as a team is very helpful.
assistant manager
Cashier, Food Prep, and Team Lead (Former Employee), fort wayneAugust 19, 2014
Handled cash and deposits during opening and closing.Applies leadership skills by training coworkers and took care of inventory weekly.
good place to work
Front Counter Clerk (Former Employee), Burleson, TXAugust 18, 2014
This place is very fast at times. Management is very understanding. Co-workers are easy to get along with. Hardest part is keeping up with the dining area.
Productive and fast paced.
Kitchen Team Member (Former Employee), Tracy, CAAugust 15, 2014
Productive and fun to work with my co-workers. Learned the fast paced type of work, the hardest part is when running out of food displays and we have to work very fast and heavy just to cope up with the items that are about to run out.
Demanding at times, co-workers are insightful, management can be strict
Kitchen Aid (Former Employee), Fresno, CAAugust 14, 2014
Pros: free lunch, cool uniform
Cons: bias supervisors
I would go into work most of the time acknowledged for my presence. I would punch in and make sure everything was in order, sometimes everything was exactly how it needed to be but only when the more responsible, courteous employees would be working and if you were still learning you'd be stuck on the computer simulation for about an hour at most learning – more... how to cook or prep food. Sometimes there was not enough time to prepare, the demand for fast pace work is high and the management can be careless at times addressing an issue till the last minute. The best advise for a new worker would be learn quickly and try not to rely on others often, they maybe rude or unwilling to assist. Focus on completing tasks as a unit. The biggest challenge was feeling the pressure of the work load and having co-workers holler orders, although the humor shared between team members can be the greater side of the day. And always be ready for the unexpected. – less
Great people, fun environment, but a bunch of drama and some what uprofessional people at times
Back of house help (Current Employee), Salem, ORAugust 11, 2014
Pros: feel meal, 20% discount, pay above minimum wage.
Cons: breaking seems odd, high stress environment, schedueling.
Panda express is a great company filled with wonderful people trying to better themselves and giving people opportunities, each store is different; the one i worked at was great, the people were nice and friendly and i made some good friends and enjoyed most of my time there. Then once everyone got use to me things seemed to change. some of the employees – more... became unprofessional and very hypocritical. not everyone at panda express was this way there were some very hard working individuals and most people were turning their life around or finding a new way of being and bettering themselves. – less
Great Place to Gain Management Skills
GM (Current Employee), Rosemead, CAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: decent pay, thorough training, continuous learning, 401k
Cons: long hours, work/life balance, promotions are very political.
Company supports personal growth through classes and training.
Fun and productive place
Cashier (Former Employee), Okemos, MIAugust 7, 2014
Great management! Their are strict rules to follow to maintain a good, clean and trusted food industry
Productive work place
Head Chef (Current Employee), Oxnard, CAAugust 7, 2014
Pros: free lunch food, fun enviroment, wonderful people i work with
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work is cooking, assisting customers and preparing food and food supplies.
The things ive learned from this job is customer service skills, cooking skills and also keeping close with my work team.
Management at our store is getting better. previous managers was not good managers.
Co-Workers and our team is a strong and hard working – more... team.
The hardest part of the job can be communicating with a few of our elderly customers.
Most enjoyable part of my job is doing what i like to do. – less
A great learning experience in customer service
Lead Counter Help (Current Employee), Happy Valley, ORAugust 4, 2014
Pros: free lunches, high pay
A typical day at work: taking customer orders and charging said orders accurately, answering the phone, maintaining a clean and organized work space
What I've learned: how to problem solve so that I may provide the best solution for a customer; speaking to customers politely and efficiently
Management and co-workers: It ultimately depends on which location – more... one works for, but I've typically had a positive experience with these two areas
The hardest part of the job: performing tasks with precision and speed while still maintaining composure in a fast-paced environment
The most enjoyable part of the job: meeting people and learning about them; this is a job that requires speaking with a lot of people, so it's pretty lovely getting to know those customers; the diversity is quite wonderful – less
Great place to work, professional and great pay.
Crew Member, Cashier (Former Employee), Bentonville, ARJuly 31, 2014
Pros: free meals on the clock. good amount of hours, and great starting pay.
Cons: favoritism/racism, management didn't want to hear what you had to say if you had an issue.
Opening for me consisted of getting FOH ready; utensils, food station,drink station, and making sure everything was stocked. The rush came soon after being that we were close to Walmart home office. Then a few hours of slowness to stock back up and clean for diner. Really depended on the day of the week if it was just consistent business or fast paced. – more... For closing we dispose of the food, including weighing the excess for records. We count our registers, rotate on dishes per day, and deep clean every night.
I learned that fast food can be professional and not just fast food, they like to help their employees out.
Management was more of my way not yours, they tended to be some what racist. They also tended to hypocrites with the rules, for example, cell phone usage. They would use theirs, and not for work, but we were not aloud to use ours(obviously). They were to be in our lockers which did not have locks on them.
My co-workers were nice and helpful. Easy to get along with and professional.
There were not many hard point in the job, drive through was a little strenuous for one person alone but do-able. So I would have to say dealing with management. But if I am correct those that I experienced that with are no longer there.
The most enjoyable part would be the rushes and all of us getting along and working together, or when closing and deep cleaning. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Panda Express

At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where – Read more