Panda Express Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great fast food
Senior Recruitment Consultant (contract) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 15, 2014
great fast food chain with quality and fresh product for it's customers. Lots of growth potential.
Fun and enjoyable place to work.
Food Server (Former Employee), Antioch, CADecember 8, 2014
Pros: free lunches, kind coworkers
Cons: short breaks
Each day at work you learn to have fun while still getting everything done in a timely manner. Everyone you work with is kind and helpful. The hardest part of the job is closing the store but it is also the most enjoyable part of the job. The kindness of the employees is a direct reflection of the fantastic managment team.
Good food and Friendly people and amazing GM that I admire the most!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Apple Valley, MNDecember 8, 2014
Pros: free lunch and snacks
Cons: nothing
During the first two weeks could be a little stressful since you are still trying to learn the things you need to learn for the job. But after that, everything would be really easy.

Our General Manager, Sirilak Hannah was very supportive and helpful. I admire her so much not just as a GM but as a person as well.

My co-workers were very friendly as – more... well. So overall, I had a very good working experience in Panda Express – less
Pays above other restaurants in industry
General Manager (Current Employee), Manassas, VADecember 2, 2014
Pros: free food, great bonus
Cons: no work/life balance
Love my team and customers but management is shifting from leadership to micro managing.
Counter Help/Cook/PIC (Former Employee), Everett, WADecember 2, 2014
Panda Express was the first restaurant industry that I have ever worked for. It being the first, It definitely made my restaurant experience a wonderful one. A restaurant like Panda Express is more family orientated. It's a family dining so it leans away from fast food. We work face paced and everything is done efficiently. The best part about this – more... job was being able to feed and serve the customers as if they were family to us. It felt like cooking in your own home and serving your own family members. Working for Panda taught me many leadership skills. I got my first promotion within three months of working for the company. Within six months, I was promoted up to the PIC (person in charge). I would open and close on my own doing the daily sales for the day while making bi-weekly schedules. – less
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Calumet City, ILNovember 29, 2014
Pros: helped me build a strong work ethic and learn complete customer service
Cons: panda express lets their idea of great customer service trump the safety of their employees.
Their is money to be made working as a manager for Panda Express. As an hourly employee you can definitely make your quota. Most shifts are 12-14 hours each day. It is a fast pace environment where customer service always come first. I learned more about managing staff, time management, cooking, organization, cleaning, trouble shooting, conflict resolution – more... and hard work than any other management position outside of the military. – less
Great work place for hardcore advancement
Person in Charge (Current Employee), Gresham, orNovember 26, 2014
Pros: free lunch, great benefits, fun coworkers
Cons: no over time
In panda they are very cultural to learning and helping each other grow. You can move up in a company quickly but it's all about your mind set and your attitude.
fun place
team service (Former Employee), council bluffs IowaNovember 24, 2014
Panda has taught me how to effectively communicate and be a team player.
Great atmosphere to work
GM (Former Employee), FloridaNovember 19, 2014
Pros: free meal on the job, bonuses for team and management if goals are met
Cons: breaks vary depending on business level (gm)
Typical day at work would start out by doing a store walk through, check previous night closing, make sure food quality, safety is to standard, delegate responsibilities to associates throughout the day, check work and food safety procedures are being followed, check guest evaluation measurement, what we did wrong how to improve guest satisfaction. – more... make sure store operates smoothly during lunch/dinner rushes as well as during slow periods.
During my time here I learned a lot on how to not only run a million dollar store but take pride and ownership in whatever I did. I learn to coach and work with my associates and see their progression in the company. Learn to step out of my comfort zones, and continually improve myself to reach new levels. Attending continuous learning groups was highly recommended and strongly suggested, which I greatly benefited and allow me to change my perspective in life. – less
Lack of communicating and organizing
High Potential General Manager (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 17, 2014
Pros: learning experience
Cons: work/life balance, uncertain procedure, unclear communications, unclear chain of command.
Senior management would talk a lot about promoting brand and sales but no marketing is in place and lack of communicating among the company.
Learning experience is great, I learn a lot of people coaching, inventory ordering and calculating how to sustain for a business.
Co-workers are great in person but would not help one another when people are in – more... need.
The hardest part is unclear responsibility and every quarter has a new procedure with uncertainty that it will be the final version of the procedure, unreliable information from senior management.
The most enjoyable part is having a good benefit and learning experience. – less
Great advancement opportunities and core values
Lead Counter (Former Employee), Lancaster, CANovember 16, 2014
Pros: great advancement opportunties
Great people, great food, and the management was always very easy to work for as well as the corporate office.
Panda
Customer Service and food prep (Former Employee), Council Bluffs, IANovember 14, 2014
Pros: the food!!!
Cons: n/a
Good pay for what your doing. Good hours. Great people in the workplace. Managers always there to help when needed.
Decent place to work for
Customer Service (Former Employee), Fort Collins, CONovember 4, 2014
Pros: good teamwork
Cons: too much work, not enough employees
My first job, and it was decent place to start. There are opportunities to learn and advance. Pay was slightly low but it was acceptable in CO. It was a good first job experience.
Awesome company to work for !!!
Team Leader (Former Employee), San Antonio txNovember 2, 2014
Pros: great pay, benefits, advancement, 1hr break. free food
Cons: lots of hours, very fast past, expect a lot from you you
Panda Express was my 3rd job that I had and I must say it was the best , I always recommended to all my friends to apply. I was there for 7 months and advanced to Team Leader in 2 mons out of the 7 that I was there. My crew was like a family to me , because we did spend a lot of time together which was the only thing that was stressful sometimes . Our – more... GM overworked us , we always had over time which was awesome but man we were ever week atleast 45-50 hrs . Always short staffed everyone we had quit because our GM was horrible , he had his days lets jus say that. But other than that great place . They teach you a lot !!!! Fun ppl , different culture , lots of values . – less
Crazy busy and hard work, but with mostly great people.
General Manager (Current Employee), CaliforniaNovember 1, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: weight gain from free food
Company tries to be "exceptional" to work for, and probably was if it was like 10 years ago. But now, they are just average for the most part to work for.

The pay as a GM is no way near worth the amount of work, time and responsibilities required. Bonuses are a joke for the most part, unless you happen to land a store relatively new and in a "high – more... growth" area.

Advancement opportunities exist, but you have to completely sacrifice any personal/social life for it, and the money increase still isn't worth it in the end.

All in all, for people without college educations, they are one of the few companies that people can move up based on their work ethics and dedication alone. Company politics, for the most part, are easy to manage with and do not factor if you have great work ethics.

Having to have our days off split, LONG hours required, being "on-call" for any issues that come up with your store and even other stores, ensures that you have NO "work life balance" as they try to promote being important to them.

This company, like pretty much any other similar company, pretty much expect you to live, breathe for them and have no other life outside it.

Company's corporate offices have got to be the worst organized I have ever dealt with. The people that they have hired regarding Human Resources are terrible at communicating and unbelievably slow at dealing with issues, unless it has a direct money-impact bearing. In other words, if it has to do with fixing something that is costing them money, they are relatively fast at dealing with it.

Our day-long meetings are these painfully long cheerleading sessions that could be realistically be condensed down to like a couple hours. They ask for ideas that they aren't really willing to listen to or accept. You are pretty much expected to answer and act a certain way through the whole thing.

Positive sides though, management overall is relatively supportive and accessible. Work environment encourages development of everybody that works there. For the most part, they are pretty good about picking good people to work there.

I think that their biggest challenge will be to be able to keep their staff over the next few years as the overall industry is changing their focus on retention of key employees. – less
Productivity and Customer Service
Cook/Prep (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLOctober 28, 2014
Pros: fre lunches
Cons: not allowed to take food off of primises
Great manager the team was wonderful everybody loved me and I just enjoyed myself working here.
fast pace work inviorment
Cook (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 28, 2014
a good environment to work in,
very flexible with your hours
Very fast paced and fun learning experience.
Cashier,Cook,Prep,Dishcleaner (Former Employee), Charlotte NCOctober 26, 2014
Pros: free lunches and drinks
Cons: no raise, dirty enviroment
Great place to work if you're trying to get in to the work force, sad thing is it is a very fast paced job at times but the do offer free lunches and drinks.
Amazing people you get to work with, love them like a second family!
Lead Counter (Current Employee), Sherman Oaks, CAOctober 24, 2014
Pros: co-workers, free meal, challenges you
Cons: complaints
In a typical day of work you are moving all over the place, helping customers with their orders, cleaning, and if needed you might need to take up two jobs at once (e.g working cashier and serving). If you're like me this job will teach you to be more extraverted, and develop people skills. Management can be on your case at times but thats only because – more... its their job to be. The hardest part of the job is dealing with complaints, we are told to do things a certain way and some people don't agree with that way (if you start working here you'll know exactly what i mean.) The most enjoyable part of the job are the people you work with (well in the Panda Express I've worked in) these people are hard working and its nice working with people that challenge you and help you improve yourself. As well as company support, they help you move up in the company if you want to, however sometimes it can be a bad thing because I've seen some people getting promoted that are not fully prepared, not because of the person but because the process is too quick. – less
VEry structured, produtive, 100% growth incres for the last 5 years, company is believes, live and advocate giving.
General Manager (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAOctober 23, 2014
Pros: very structured, pro people, result oriented
Cons: very structured, pro people, result oriented
Very structured, pro-people, Believe and live in giving. Advocate and facilitate learnings.

1 2 3 4 5

About Panda Express

At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where – Read more