Panda Express

Panda Express Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great fast food
Senior Recruitment Consultant (contract) (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 15, 2014
great fast food chain with quality and fresh product for it's customers. Lots of growth potential.
Great atmosphere to work
GM (Former Employee), FloridaNovember 19, 2014
Pros: free meal on the job, bonuses for team and management if goals are met
Cons: breaks vary depending on business level (gm)
Typical day at work would start out by doing a store walk through, check previous night closing, make sure food quality, safety is to standard, delegate responsibilities to associates throughout the day, check work and food safety procedures are being followed, check guest evaluation measurement, what we did wrong how to improve guest satisfaction. – more... make sure store operates smoothly during lunch/dinner rushes as well as during slow periods.
During my time here I learned a lot on how to not only run a million dollar store but take pride and ownership in whatever I did. I learn to coach and work with my associates and see their progression in the company. Learn to step out of my comfort zones, and continually improve myself to reach new levels. Attending continuous learning groups was highly recommended and strongly suggested, which I greatly benefited and allow me to change my perspective in life. – less
Lack of communicating and organizing
High Potential General Manager (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 17, 2014
Pros: learning experience
Cons: work/life balance, uncertain procedure, unclear communications, unclear chain of command.
Senior management would talk a lot about promoting brand and sales but no marketing is in place and lack of communicating among the company.
Learning experience is great, I learn a lot of people coaching, inventory ordering and calculating how to sustain for a business.
Co-workers are great in person but would not help one another when people are in – more... need.
The hardest part is unclear responsibility and every quarter has a new procedure with uncertainty that it will be the final version of the procedure, unreliable information from senior management.
The most enjoyable part is having a good benefit and learning experience. – less
Great advancement opportunities and core values
Lead Counter (Former Employee), Lancaster, CANovember 16, 2014
Pros: great advancement opportunties
Great people, great food, and the management was always very easy to work for as well as the corporate office.
Panda
Customer Service and food prep (Former Employee), Council Bluffs, IANovember 14, 2014
Pros: the food!!!
Cons: n/a
Good pay for what your doing. Good hours. Great people in the workplace. Managers always there to help when needed.
Decent place to work for
Customer Service (Former Employee), Fort Collins, CONovember 4, 2014
Pros: good teamwork
Cons: too much work, not enough employees
My first job, and it was decent place to start. There are opportunities to learn and advance. Pay was slightly low but it was acceptable in CO. It was a good first job experience.
Awesome company to work for !!!
Team Leader (Former Employee), San Antonio txNovember 2, 2014
Pros: great pay, benefits, advancement, 1hr break. free food
Cons: lots of hours, very fast past, expect a lot from you you
Panda Express was my 3rd job that I had and I must say it was the best , I always recommended to all my friends to apply. I was there for 7 months and advanced to Team Leader in 2 mons out of the 7 that I was there. My crew was like a family to me , because we did spend a lot of time together which was the only thing that was stressful sometimes . Our – more... GM overworked us , we always had over time which was awesome but man we were ever week atleast 45-50 hrs . Always short staffed everyone we had quit because our GM was horrible , he had his days lets jus say that. But other than that great place . They teach you a lot !!!! Fun ppl , different culture , lots of values . – less
Crazy busy and hard work, but with mostly great people.
General Manager (Current Employee), CaliforniaNovember 1, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: weight gain from free food
Company tries to be "exceptional" to work for, and probably was if it was like 10 years ago. But now, they are just average for the most part to work for.

The pay as a GM is no way near worth the amount of work, time and responsibilities required. Bonuses are a joke for the most part, unless you happen to land a store relatively new and in a "high – more... growth" area.

Advancement opportunities exist, but you have to completely sacrifice any personal/social life for it, and the money increase still isn't worth it in the end.

All in all, for people without college educations, they are one of the few companies that people can move up based on their work ethics and dedication alone. Company politics, for the most part, are easy to manage with and do not factor if you have great work ethics.

Having to have our days off split, LONG hours required, being "on-call" for any issues that come up with your store and even other stores, ensures that you have NO "work life balance" as they try to promote being important to them.

This company, like pretty much any other similar company, pretty much expect you to live, breathe for them and have no other life outside it.

Company's corporate offices have got to be the worst organized I have ever dealt with. The people that they have hired regarding Human Resources are terrible at communicating and unbelievably slow at dealing with issues, unless it has a direct money-impact bearing. In other words, if it has to do with fixing something that is costing them money, they are relatively fast at dealing with it.

Our day-long meetings are these painfully long cheerleading sessions that could be realistically be condensed down to like a couple hours. They ask for ideas that they aren't really willing to listen to or accept. You are pretty much expected to answer and act a certain way through the whole thing.

Positive sides though, management overall is relatively supportive and accessible. Work environment encourages development of everybody that works there. For the most part, they are pretty good about picking good people to work there.

I think that their biggest challenge will be to be able to keep their staff over the next few years as the overall industry is changing their focus on retention of key employees. – less
Productivity and Customer Service
Cook/Prep (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLOctober 28, 2014
Pros: fre lunches
Cons: not allowed to take food off of primises
Great manager the team was wonderful everybody loved me and I just enjoyed myself working here.
fast pace work inviorment
Cook (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 28, 2014
a good environment to work in,
very flexible with your hours
Very fast paced and fun learning experience.
Cashier,Cook,Prep,Dishcleaner (Former Employee), Charlotte NCOctober 26, 2014
Pros: free lunches and drinks
Cons: no raise, dirty enviroment
Great place to work if you're trying to get in to the work force, sad thing is it is a very fast paced job at times but the do offer free lunches and drinks.
Amazing people you get to work with, love them like a second family!
Lead Counter (Current Employee), Sherman Oaks, CAOctober 24, 2014
Pros: co-workers, free meal, challenges you
Cons: complaints
In a typical day of work you are moving all over the place, helping customers with their orders, cleaning, and if needed you might need to take up two jobs at once (e.g working cashier and serving). If you're like me this job will teach you to be more extraverted, and develop people skills. Management can be on your case at times but thats only because – more... its their job to be. The hardest part of the job is dealing with complaints, we are told to do things a certain way and some people don't agree with that way (if you start working here you'll know exactly what i mean.) The most enjoyable part of the job are the people you work with (well in the Panda Express I've worked in) these people are hard working and its nice working with people that challenge you and help you improve yourself. As well as company support, they help you move up in the company if you want to, however sometimes it can be a bad thing because I've seen some people getting promoted that are not fully prepared, not because of the person but because the process is too quick. – less
VEry structured, produtive, 100% growth incres for the last 5 years, company is believes, live and advocate giving.
General Manager (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAOctober 23, 2014
Pros: very structured, pro people, result oriented
Cons: very structured, pro people, result oriented
Very structured, pro-people, Believe and live in giving. Advocate and facilitate learnings.
nice company, bad managing
kitchen help (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKOctober 18, 2014
Pros: free lunch, great co workers, and nice settings
Cons: bad experience under manager
i worked for panda express for 2 yrs. The company as a whole i very good to work for. The only bad thought that i have about my experience with the company was the manager i worker for.
An excellent company to work for.
General Manager (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCOctober 15, 2014
Very pleasant atmosphere. Hardworking co-workers. Excellent management team.
Creepy Place to work for
General Manager (Former Employee), Oswego, ILOctober 13, 2014
Pros: pay is very good
Cons: everything
No... Just no...

Worked multiple 100 hour plus weeks

They try to take over your life...

It is a flat out cult and if you do not embody there way of life you will be looked at in a negative light....

Very hands on... cleaning out grease traps, cleaning bathrooms, ALL BOH WORK and FOH work.
Fun working place.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), North Miami Beach, FLOctober 12, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: heathcare, short breaks.
Typical day for me is open the store make sure everything is in order to be served, making sure all the registers are ready and counted.
I have learned that everyday is a different day and a different task, my co-workers are working as hard as me and the best part about my job is serving customers and making sure that they are happy.
This was my very first job.
Crew Member and Crew Trainer (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 8, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: advancement
I appreciate this job because it was my first job, and it gave me experience in customer service. I disliked that I could not advance in a position because I am not bilingual.
Worst place EVER!!!
Front End Associate (Former Employee), winchester, vaOctober 5, 2014
Cons: everything
The management is totally click driven filled with high drama high stress and little to no compensation. Ok pay almost no hours lots of empty promises.
Over all i did learn how to become a leader and went beyond with the skills i learned.
Lead Counter (Former Employee), Kapolei, HIOctober 3, 2014
Pros: free lunch. birthday cake. bonuses
Cons: low raises
A typical day at work is always friendly, cheerful and exciting to know what kind of day it will be busy or slow.I learned how to train new hires and also interview them. i learned micro soft word and excel, email inventory and ordering supplies, cooking, and preping ingredients. The management was like any other manager in any other food company polite – more... energetic and always willing to teach you new things. my coworkers were also very friendly and fun to work with. i cant think of anything that was hard about this job right now but over all best thing about the job was coming to work and knowing i have to and will beat the sales from last year today. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Panda Express

At Panda, we all share a common mission: "Deliver exceptional Asian dining experiences by building an organization where – Read more