- Server Administration – Perform installation and configuration of operating system to perform optimally for applications. This includes understanding lockdown procedures for various operating systems, and system tuning best practices. Daily support tasks include system patching and health checks (e.g., log review).
- Installing and configuring data management server.
- Assist with planning storage device storage device groups to optimize database performance and availability.
- Create tablespaces to support developer/application needs
- Create tables, views, and indexes to support application requirements
- Creating and managing user access to database
- Planning and implementation of backup and recovery processes and procedures.
- Perform database capacity management
- Monitor and optimize end user query response times.
- Reorganize tables and indexs as needed to optimize performance
- Perform database migrations
- Perform database archival to manage data in accordance with business data retention requirements
- Strong experience Windows Linux operating system
- Knowledge of operating system internals and kernel tuning
- Experience with directory services
- Understanding of TCP/IP protocols
- Experience with enterprise Microsoft SQL Server DBMS
- Knowledge of storage and file system layout
- Experience with database backup and recovery
- Understand service/solution vs. technology
- Excellent communication skills
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience in an enterprise environment
- No certifications required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer desired but not required
- Demonstrated logical reasoning and maturity
Indeed - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
Panalyx is a professional IT services company with its corporate office in Delaware, USA and Mississauga, ON. We consult and extend an...