Panalpina

Panalpina Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Receiving, locating, checking, and packing customer freight
Warehouse Agent (Former Employee), Humble, TXOctober 14, 2014
Pros: new experiences and learning how the supply chain works
Cons: extra long hours per customer's request on occasion.
Typical Day: Received freight and would offload and locate. Checked freight to make sure everything ordered was received. Logged in freight particulars into computer system (C2C and Mepaw).

What I learned: Supply chain is a complex process. Attention to detail is crucial. How to drive a fork-lift (5k lbs. - 100k lbs).

Management: Great about letting – more... employees get involved; allowing me to create/improve the standard operating procedures.

Co-Workers: Dynamic group of employees. Had to learn how to communicate with employees who spoke a different language than English.

Hardest part of the job: Being able to identify customers' preferences.

Most enjoyable part of the job: Panalpina was great about recognizing hard work. – less
productive workplace
Receiving, Picking and Packing (Current Employee), Secaucus, NJSeptember 19, 2014
Good place to work.. I personally have learn a lot in this wok, because went i first got there i didnt know nothing about this type of work and now on i could say that i cant work in any position that they need me at any moments. for me it was really hard to get used to it but i did it...
Interesting, challenging, and rewarding
MAJOR ACCOUNTS MANAGER (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 16, 2014
enjoyed working import/export for this company. The overall culture of the StL office was undesirable. Management was subpar
Very very fun place to work
Warehouse Agent (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: pay very well
Cons: n/a
This was a company i wanted to grow with Alot of people was stealing and they shut the warehouse down
Rough Experience
Management (Former Employee), MIJune 12, 2014
Unless you are in love with logistics and freight forwarding, this is not the place for you. Very stressful and negative work environment.
Things will get worse before they get better
Project Coordinator III (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 9, 2014
Management has shifted and the aftershocks are still happening. it will be better in a number of years.
Largest "Extended Family in the world
Logistics (Former Employee), CabindaNovember 12, 2013
Pros: always connected. up your game time always!
Cons: some very very remote locations
Panalpina is one of the best because of the people around the globe
working for her. Having worked in several countries on various O&G projects (mostly trouble shooting), I can say that I was always surrounded by a sense of "family" where ever the job took me.
For that, I will always be greatful. I look forward to re-joining her soon in Houstonm Tx.....TH
great place too much favoritism
forklift operator (Former Employee), humble txOctober 11, 2013
great place to work just as long as you can get used to the favoritism towards certain workers
I am honestly worker
Air Export, Customer Services Agent (Current Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 29, 2013
Typical day at work is start at 08:30 and finish until job is done
I learn daily about how to handling situation from people how drive me creasy,
I m open mind to work with each other,
I tried to do my best to learn about of each person who can may me
grow up.

at the end of the mount I saw a big result for my daily work
Very nice company. Contract position
DATA ENTRY/DATA ANALYST (Former Employee), Redwood Shores, CAAugust 7, 2013
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: short term contract position
Reviewed and revised Excel spreadsheets downloaded from customer database. Improved my Ecel skills. Management was friendly and helpful. Co-workers provided a nice office environment.
The hardest part of the job was that it was a 3 month contract position. The most enjoyable part of the job was that it was a team-oriented office environment.
It was a job that laid me off..
Temp (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 5, 2013
it was a job good with good pay and benefits..i would deiliver packages on a daily basics. i meet alot of my friends there..My management was great!!! job was not so hard, Best part about the job seveing my customers..ni was laid off in april of 2010 becuse DHL drop 80% of its work forces...
Challenging environment that really helped me grow professionally in a positive manner.
Air Import CSR (Current Employee), Laredo, TXJuly 15, 2013
Pros: team effort, good coworkers
Cons: hoping for better financial growth
It is a great Company that constantly pushes you to better both professionally and personally. It's challenging but the fact that we are always learning something new every day is a positive for me. I enjoy the fact that we strive to maintain the mentality of working as a team and this has helped me expand my knowledge in other aspects of the industry. – more... Management has always been patient yet assertive, always trying to bring the best out of us. They always expect more because they know our potentials as individuals. – less
Work place environment was friendly and a very open environment
Manager (Former Employee), MIJuly 9, 2013
Co-Workers and Managers were easy to work with and get along with.
Panalpina
Customer Service Rep & Lead Warehouse Agent (Former Employee), Secaucus, NJJanuary 10, 2013
Working at this company gave me a great experience and has kept me focus on life itself. Being a part of this family I actually taught alot to others as well as myself learning alot..
Great people to work with
HR Assistant Temp (Former Employee), Morristown, NJDecember 23, 2012
Pros: flex hours
Working for Panalpina was a great experience for me. I learned a whole new skill set, as I coordinated the logistics for 2 training events for upper management simultaneously. I coordinated flights, travel arrangements, catering and hotel logistics. I also worked with excel every day creating reports/analyzing.
good place to work
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALAugust 29, 2012
ship out computer part to different companies, do data work on computer to keep up with the scheduling
Fine transportation company
Customer Liaison, Freight Router (Former Employee), Malta, NYAugust 14, 2012
Pros: good management style
Excellent customer service in international freight forwarding.
Great company operated by poor management.
Imports (Current Employee), U.S. BranchJuly 26, 2012
Pros: company benefits
Cons: impossible targets for overworked employees
Office gosip and favoritism environment does not promote teamwork reflects bad management. Understaffed.
If you like High Stress and Massive Workloads, this job is for you
Imports (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 25, 2012
Pros: it's a job
Cons: pay is not in line with market value and amount of work
Completely lopsided workflow and responsibilities. Management manages from behind a closed office door, while the unprofessional, non-people person supervisors run the show on the floor.

August 6, 2012

I worked at a different office but I agree with the bad management comment, I found that they provided no leadership, and the competency of their people was questionable because of it

Great Company but poor work / life balance in my department
AIR EXPORT AGENT (Current Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILJune 23, 2012
Good benefits, and good employee recognition programs. But heavy workloads and tireless long hours make it very difficult to have a family life in the busy Air Export Dept.

1 2 3

About Panalpina

The Panalpina Group is one of the world's leading providers of supply chain solutions, combining intercontinental Air and Ocean – Read more

Panalpina Photos