The Support Worker is responsible for providing high quality care to an adult individual with autism. The Support Worker works solely with the individual in care, on a 1:1 basis, with minimal supervision.
- Assist the individual in care meet personal care needs sensitively and appropriately to a high standard, including personal hygiene, assistance with household chores, and preparing nutritional meals and drinks for a restricted diet
- Enable individual in care to achieve independence, as far as possible, by providing opportunity, training, and support
- Assist in implementing care plans
- Provide First Aid services at the house when necessary
- Attend staff development programmes, training courses, seminars, and workshops as required
- Ability to follow policies and procedures and willingness to support the home's Vision and Mission Statements
- Participate in, and contribute to, staff meetings
- Ability to interact well with others including the individual in care, staff, visitors, and the public
- Certificate/Diploma in Residential Care Worker or related field
- Minimum 1- 3 years experience in a residential setting, specifically working with adults and individuals with autism
- Valid First Aid and Food Safe certifications
- Valid drivers license in good standing
- Ability to write clear concise reports - i.e. “Incident Reports”, “Daily Logs”, and ability to accurately record required information
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively as part of the team
- Experience in nutrition, restricted diets, menu planning, and meal preparation
- Demonstrated fiscal responsibility and accountability
- Current police background check required
Support Workers are offered full-time, part-time, and casual positions. These are union positions and require membership with the Hospital Employees Union. The wage is according to the current contract. Full-time and part-time Support Workers are entitled to medical, dental, and other benefits. Meals are provided.
Please email your resume, cover letter, and references to Pamela's Home Society, Attention: Hiring Committee.
We greatly appreciate your interest in applying for this position; however, only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Indeed - 22 months ago
Community Support Worker
Nanaimo Association for Community Living
- 24 days ago
Rehabilitation Care Worker
Cheshire Homes Society of BC
- 30+ days ago
CSW, RCA, HCA
Valley Integration to Active Living Society (V.I.T.A.L.S)
Lake Cowichan, BC
- 2 days ago