Pamela's Home Society
We are looking for Support Workers who can provide high quality care, on a 1:1 basis, to an adult individual with autism who has a wonderful smile and a great sense of humour.
We always welcome applications from Support Workers seeking casual positions which may lead to part-time or full-time employment.
- Assist the individual in care meet personal care needs
- Assist in implementing care plans
- Provide First Aid services when necessary
- Attend staff meetings, development programmes, training courses, seminars, and workshops as required
- Follow policies and procedures
- Interact well with others including the individual in care, staff, visitors, and the public
- Certificate/Diploma in Residential Care Worker or related field
- Minimum 1- 3 years experience in a residential setting, specifically working with adults and individuals with autism
- Valid First Aid and Food Safe certifications
- Valid drivers license in good standing
- Ability to write clear concise reports and record required information - i.e. “Incident Reports,” “Daily Logs,” etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively as part of the team
- Experience in nutrition, restricted diets, menu planning, and meal preparation
- Demonstrated fiscal responsibility and accountability
- Current police background check required
Support Workers are offered full-time, part-time, and casual positions. These are union positions and require membership with the Hospital Employees Union. The wage is according to the current contract. Full-time and part-time Support Workers are entitled to medical, dental, and other benefits. Meals and transportation while at work are provided.
Indeed - 9 months ago