Pall Corporation Employee Reviews

Not the worst place but not the best place
Production Employee (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FL1 January 2017
There is a lack of management in the entire company. Employees are rude to one another and the work place is somewhat hostile. There is too much gossip and way too much favoritism. The work hours are long and overtime is mandatory. There is little to no room for advancement. The medical benefits are good but the raises are minimal. Pay is very low here and the management is top heavy.
Benefits
Cons
No advancement Raises are too low
Fun
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cortland, NY11 January 2017
Lots of traveling and changes. Communications could improve but overall the Management team was relatively good to work with. Time off and benefits package were comparable.
It was well structured and room to expend my skills
Microbiology Lab Analyst (Former Employee) –  Port Washington, NY27 October 2016
I worked in a microbiology lab where where i validated drugs from pharmaceutical companies for their antibacterial properties. I learned more about microbiology lab than i did in college. I partook in interviews and building the team for the lab. The dynamic between myself and my coworkers facilitated the completion of our assignments. Hardest part of the job is meeting the time framed that has been put in placed while trying to validate a drug that became unpredictable. I enjoyed the company of my coworkers on and off work.
Pros
offer payment for school while working
Cons
room for growth was slow
Daily
Team Leader / Operator (Current Employee) –  Cortland, NY15 January 2017
Under new management and there are a lot of changes going on. It seems like we are just a number.
I love working with people, quality problems, safety concerns, getting customer orders out on time.
The hardest part of the job is short lead times with no in house materials
It was an experience
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FL6 March 2017
This Job is fast pace non stop better enjoy every moment and every break you get because this jobs requires your devoted and undivided attention. This Job is fast pace but you have great coworkers and employers who can help you excel in this organization. This job and it's hours takes time to get acclimated to but it's well worth it.
Busy
Production Planner (Former Employee) –  Ilfracombe, Devon30 January 2017
I was on a fixed 3 month contract.
Fast paced production in a clean room environment.
Start of shift meetings daily to review performance v plan, adjust plans and resources accordingly to maintain / recover and slippages.
Good local leadership and helpful staff.
Nice location in Devon.
Pros
Fixed Contract
Cons
Non to mention.
Pall has been a good company to work for
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  DeLand, FL23 January 2017
Overall Pall has treated me well. I recently moved to 3rd shift due to uncontrollable circumstances. I have worked most of my life on prefer 1st shift and am currently looking to move back to this shift.
Lack of Leadership/Port Washington
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Port Washington, NY23 September 2016
Worked part time for this company. Rude and unprofessional. No respect between employees and management. Employees have no respect for each other. Employees do what they want! Needs Management to step up to the plate and Manager each department. HR really needs to get involved and resolve many issues.
Hostile workplace
Deburrer (Current Employee) –  New Port Richey, FL28 December 2016
Hostile workplace. Only concerned about share holders, machines are out dated, and in disrepair. Safety violations are regularly ignored. Holiday vacations revoked. Mandatory overtime. A rotten place to work, with no future.
Pros
Paycheck
fast pace environments
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  DeLand, FL30 January 2017
the job is fast pace time goes by fast. the co workers are really nice and no one is on you if you are just doing your job. the income is a bit low and the shifts are not the best.
Pros
environment is good
Cons
the shift
Great Company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Port Washington, NY18 May 2015
Business is business Pall Corporation is a outstanding Corporation.
Long working hours for everyone but overtime is a plus unless you are salary based.
I learned we have great hard working people in great places.
My coworkers are one of the greatest part of working at Pall.
The hardest part of the job is working long hours for overtime to make what is annually promised to me, which leaves me with no life balance.
The most enjoyable part of the job is to hear my supervisors complimenting my hard work and dedication does not go unnoticed.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Need to know basis, trend of terminating employees at the end of day, after work is completed on Friday.
Pay is good but could be better.
Microbiology Laboratory Scientist I (Former Employee) –  Port whashington, NY2 October 2016
company is good. pay is good. people are good. management should be little better. the overtaking of Danaher is bad, its making people loose job. Pay is good but could be better.
productive fun workplace
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MD2 March 2017
They hire good people, and they offer great training. Not really a hard job, easy to understand the process of manufacturing.
pall corp
Operator 2 (Current Employee) –  Hauppauge, NY7 December 2016
a typical work day consists of testing and sampling all of the produced material followed by detailed data entry. hours wold be anywhere from 10 -12 hours and Saturdays.
Pros
hour break
Cons
work load
Good overall working environment
IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Port Washington, NY23 March 2015
Pall Corporation demands a professional work environment, and it's employees largely adhere to these standards willingly. Work amenities are well above-average. Stock program, 401k, Health Benefits are all high quality.

There has been an ongoing organizational restructure for the past three years which makes nearly every employee's position transient. The nature of a transitional environment leads to job insecurity, and issues adhering to long-term organizational goals. This has subsequently hurt the creation of a true team-oriented work environment, due to employee's fears of losing their own occupations, and the revolving-door nature of the organizational charts.
Pros
Professionalism
Cons
Job Security
Avoid PALL Aeropower In New Port Richey, FL !!!
Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FL22 May 2013
You have to be desperate to work at this site. Management has been trained to threaten employees. Has good ole boys (dead wood) in mid to upper levels in all departments that stay there forever. They don't do their jobs on time, so everyone under them are under high pressure to meet the contract deadlines. Results in mass overtime with no extra pay (exempt), threats from management that you'll get fired, false promises, no advancement cause dead wood has clogged system, no real raises, no respect. Do not try to make a career at this PALL site. Stay until you get some experience and move on like everyone else.
Pros
There are no Pros.
Cons
Management has been trained to threaten employees.
High Staff Turnover
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, Australia10 August 2016
Micro management, complex management structure and most managers are fighting for their existence at Pall. High staff turn over due lots of changes. focusing on agressive selling and lost their status of solution provider.
Pros
good products
Cons
continuous changes, micro management, and complex environment
management is clueless.
machinist (Former Employee) –  Cortland, NY18 November 2015
Typical manufacturing shop. good group of guys, some worked, some slept. Management restructured often, which left everyone running around cause no one knew anything. Promised training to advance and increase pay, never happened. Boss had his favorites, and was a slug.
Pros
great pay, benefits.
Cons
no "proper" training, was never getting off 3rd
Any Port Washington job is just temporary employment
Finance (Former Employee) –  Port Washington, NY16 December 2014
CEO is only driven by greed and power as he off-shore jobs, crashes the economy and every week sends more employees to the unemployment line. The longer you have been there the more at risk you are. Benefits may sound good but even new employees are ushered out before they can be vested. Stock price and savings to the bottom line are all that matter to Pall.

High level employees are leaving as the writing on the wall becomes clearer every day. Even the CFO did not last two years - he offshored the US based Accounting / Finance jobs so can now collect his big bonus for 'restructuring' and head back to his previous employer.

If you are just looking for a paycheck and long hours, low moral and backstabbing does not matter then Pall may be a good starting point. Don't bring to many personal items with you as it will only take you longer to pack when you get the boot ......
Pros
Holiday shutdown - if you are there long enough to enjoy it.
Cons
Work / life balance, building is for rent as mgmt is closing the NY location, employees just waiting their turn to be laid off, terrible work atmosphere.
Better Off Somewhere Else
Corporate Joe (Former Employee) –  Port Washington, NY12 July 2012
I am only rating the company a 2 out of 5 as most of my other companies have been far more enjoyable.

The only really good things are that no one works late there and you get the last week in December paid vacation plus 2 weeks per year starting. Otherwise expect only 2% or less raise each year and similar size bonus.

Promotions take 15 years or more to get regardless of how hard you work.

The managers I have been under there were some of the poorest examples of leaders I have seen in my entire 22 year career.

Unless you are just starting right out of college and need to get your feet wet don't bother with this place.
Pros
everyone leaves by 5
Cons
don't expect to ever get promoted there

2.7