Paladin Security Employee Reviews in Canada

Good to start building life experience.
Senior Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCApril 30, 2016
Interesting place to work, meet new people, learn a lot. The company provides courses and trainings on different levels. No support from management.
Great company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 26, 2016
Paladin trains very well and makes sure that you are completely ready for the job; they treat you like family and make sure that your needs are looked after
Just bad
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 24, 2016
I was sharing equipment with another guard from another site and had to drive to the site to get it all and give it back at the end of my shift. Drive time was on my own time and with my own vehicle.
I was hired at one rate of pay and my first paycheck was $2/hr less. After talking to my manager, 2 paycheck later I still was $1/hr short. Talked to him again and the response was that 'You never had a contract."
So beware starting with them until you have YOUR copy of a signed contract.
very professional and enjoyable work place
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, ONApril 21, 2016
A work place that requires you to use law on your every shift. Very well managed and professional company. The most enjoyable part of working as a Security Officer with Paladin Security Group, is that everyday you get to meet new people, and experience different things that help you grow not only within the work environment, but as an individual as-well.
Pros
Lunch is paid
Cons
nothing
I love mu job
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, ONApril 21, 2016
I preform many patrols both on the interior and exterior of the site ensuring the safety of staff and visitors as well I am in charge of unlocking the main doors in the morning. My co-workers are supportive and informative and the management is very respectful and understanding. I thoroughly enjoy my job because the atmosphere is well mannered and the people I work with are professional.
Pros
One man site
Cons
One man site
It was Ok
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 20, 2016
The general culture and work/life balance is great
The Case management is terrible really don't care about there customers
Little to no advancement
while I was there $15/hr. was good but now that's minimum wage
Pros
Meet some great people and very easy work
Cons
no Advancement and case managers havent got a clue
Good place to work at
High Profile Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSApril 19, 2016
Very professional staff and they are well trained. They provide you with adequate training to be able to perform the jobs well and they also consider any job related suggestions that you may have.
Pros
Professionalisum
Cons
work hours
would not recommend
dispatch (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 13, 2016
I was told when I was hired that there was a lot of room for advancement, I was also told that I would be able to flourish within the position I was given. I was 3 months in when they told me they were losing the contract and that I would be laid off but luckily that paladin would be able to relocate me. of course when I asked I was told there was nothing to be offered. they told me when hired that I would be a primary focus, that paladin cares only for their employees but in my small time here I have been shown otherwise.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 6, 2016
The Company paladin is great if you are looking for a job with alot of hours and looking for some entry experience . uniforms are free
Pros
lots of hours and free uniforms
Cons
lack of communication
Learned a lot
officer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 3, 2016
It was my first position in Fort Mac. Paladin is a great company, I learned a lot about security, they offer great benefits and opportunity for growth.
It's only good for extra money
Security (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 1, 2016
They don't offer a free training
No benefit
You need to work 6 months before you can apply forthe benefits and it' s not guaranteed that you will have it
Very independent
Healthcare Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Stony Plain, ABMarch 26, 2016
Had a lot of responsibility. Worked alone as a security guard in a hospital, watched cameras, did patrols.

Had to find time to fit my lunch in as I was the only security guard on duty
Cons
Team of highly dedicated and supportive professionals
Portfolio Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCMarch 24, 2016
Paladin Security is built on a foundation of hard working and dedicated professionals. The environment is demanding and fast paced but the satisfaction you get out of reactive or proactive planning earns all the reward.
Pros
Supportive and encouraging group to work with
Excellent Professionalist
Security Guard / Mobile Patrol (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 24, 2016
A very well organized operational team that knows its job and fully aware of its industrial responsibilities. A very friendly team and staff of well-qualified professionals.
I wouldn't reccomend this company to anyone
Parking Operation Center (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 22, 2016
This company is very poorly run and managed. Paladin works with Alberta Health Services. Instead of getting direct feed back from AHS on where to improve or what they'd like to see, AHS makes complaints to Paladin, who has no direct involvement with the job in question and can't provide much help to the employee and instead just relays the info. Communication is atrocious. Not enough training for some jobs.
Pros
there are no pros
Cons
12 hour shifts throw your sleeping pattern completely off.
Great place to work with the ability for advancement and supportive management
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 19, 2016
Great place to work with the ability for advancement and supportive management who are willing to work with you to find a site that is a good fit for yourself.
Very impressed with Professional Management and fellow Employees
Healthcare (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 18, 2016
I am a relatively new employee of what is clearly the top rated company of Security Services in this country. Since I joined several months ago, I have nothing but positive vibes and things to say about everyone who is employed here. Thank you for making your new recruits feel like family.
Pros
Many.
Cons
None.
A company that really cares about their employer
Break Guard (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 17, 2016
I would mostly go check in and watch mentally ill Patients or disabled. I would kindly escort them or be beside them wherever they desire to go. My co-workers are pretty fair with me and not very strict as long as I advised them first. Sometimes I get Patient that can watch movies and walk around, and sometime I get Patients that strictly cannot go anywhere except when they have to go to the bathroom.
Pros
I get three half-hour breaks which in total equals one in a half hour breaks
Cons
Sometimes the twelve hour shift seems long when you dont get a good night sleep
good place to work but need more training
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Peace River, ABMarch 3, 2016
I tried to hard to help everyone and in the end lost my job easy work always on nights and the nursing staff were great to work with
Pros
good employees
Cons
not enough training
Great company to work for
DISC Site Supervisor Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCFebruary 24, 2016
I find that Pladin Security is a great company to work for, they care about their staff and treat everyone like family. There is lots of room for advancement. Everyone works as a team. Continuous training.

2.9