Paladin Security Employee Reviews

Overall negative experience
Weekend Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 January 2017
The training is sub par, your instructor will be late everyday after explaining the importance of arriving early. Only the Basic Security training and any first aid training they give you is applicable to the outside world. The rest of it just paperwork to prove you have been informed of certain situations and the "procedures" behind them. The CSM's vary from blunt and obnoxious to timid and limp, there is zero continuity within any level of management. My past experience was overlooked arbitrarily, and I was constantly spoken down to with my optimal work being ignored and any and every mistake over analyzed and scrutinized heavily. Lastly, payroll will mess up indefinitely on anything to do.with a paycheque. Work here for yourself, and at your own risk.
Pros
Access to restricted information and nifty things
Cons
Read the review
Not a bad company to work for
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB30 January 2017
Not a bad company to work for - have certainly worked for some that are much worse, Cannot give them 5 stars because: Management could use some improvement - promote from within seemingly without much regard as to skills and abilities. Unless you are fortunate to be posted to a site with regular hours you may be scrambling to make ends meet financially. If the company loses a contract you could find yourself without enough hours to earn a livable wage.
Pros
If you enjoy dealing with people many sites will give you lots of people contact
Cons
Instability, shift work
Productive workplace
Healthcare Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 January 2017
A typical day at work for myself would be patrolling the building, door lock-ups, assisting with mental health patients, monitoring parking lots, and patient watches.

The most enjoyable part of the job is receiving satisfaction from the employees and satisfaction of a safe environment.

As for the management, it was fine.

As for co-workers, they are all easy to get along with and I enjoy working with them.
great work place
Security Officer (Loss Prevention TJX) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 January 2017
Great place to work, as a new immigrant to Canada I learned a lot while working here. Here I learned about Canadian work culture. People in company very informative and provide good training.
Pros
Social Events
Cons
Low salary
Positive culture, excellent benifits
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 January 2017
Paladin Security is a great stepping stone for any type of law enforcement/senior security position. Wide range of sites/roles combined with solid management make it easy to work for Paladin.
Secure full time job
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  North York, ON23 January 2017
Basically this company gives you that job security feeling. It is very hard to find a full time job that provides benefits for yourself and your family
Pros
Secure job
Cons
Low pay
Friendly envirolment place
Security Guard / Card Administrator (Current Employee) –  TORONTO,ONTARIO19 January 2017
Working with security company is fine, but the client that I worked for is good and work friendly environment they card about the people who works for them,
If you want to be respected..goodluck!
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON17 January 2017
They care way more about keeping their contracts than they do ensuring their employees are taken care of or happy.

If you want an easy job, go for it. If you want to actually enjoy and/or feel like management cares..don't waste your time.
Productive and Enjoyable place to work
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 January 2017

As for the management, it was fine. I worked with a higher level of management, although they are hard to get a hold of. For example, once you request something, it is difficult to receive an answer.

Great company to start
Security Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 January 2017
I`ve worked with paladin for one year, and I've had great opportunities to meet fascinating people. The management is excellent, out of many security companies I put paladin in the top 5.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Starting pay
Productive medical environment
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 January 2017
Great company to work with great environment and lots to learn. I believe any one can strive from this company depending on their skills
Challenging, although with lots of support
Agent de sécurité (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC3 January 2017
Fun co-workers, very interesting management that give enough tools to accomplish the daily task, regardless of circumstances on the field.
Great place to work with friendly coworkers and management
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 December 2016
At Paladin security I was able to learn a lot about how to deal with unwanted and unsavory individuals including street people. Access control and contractor assistance was a great part of my day as I was able to create good relationships. Guiding the general public to destinations in the area was a forte of mine and and I really enjoyed it.
Pros
Able to help and meet lots of interesting local people
It was a good city job.
Dispatching/Team-lead (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 December 2016
The job was based in a hospital called Albert Hospital, which was located 10 min away from my house. I was dispatching for hospital security and peace officers to emergency situations in the hospital.

The hours were draining and getting days off would be hard to receive.
Even though it would get hard and overwhelming in a fast paced environment, i loved the job and it was a way for me to help others and making sure that clients, patients and staff were safe and comfortable.
What i love
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON14 December 2016
I love working with paladin security. Working in the mental health sector teaches you a lot. You get to see and experience a lot. You also work hand in hand with police and hospital staff.
It was a job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB14 December 2016
It wasn't the hardest of jobs, it paid well for the time, but the manager at the time sat on to many contracts and i was with out work after the job i was out finished. Never the less still a good job.
Pros
Good hours, good pay.
Cons
No job security, can get boring
Not bad.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB10 December 2016
Not bad, its a nice way to gain experience. Especially if you work within a hospital for paladin. The shifts are horrible though. meet alot of good people.
Pays the rent
Healthcare Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC6 December 2016
Rumours are that Paladin gets its contracts by under paying their employees. However, it is one of the easier jobs to get out there and can advance you to other careers ( so i have heard).
Pros
Good employees
Cons
Management treats employees more like units of profit rather than human beings.
Great Experience but Needs Rearrangement
Security Guard - Valley Regional Hospital (Current Employee) –  Kentville, NS1 December 2016
I loved my work, but there was no way of flexibility in terms of hours. I advise the management to consider switching their shift work to three 8 hour rotations rather than two 12 hour rotations. I believe they would have a lot more people interested in taking shifts if that were the case.
easy job, low pay
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 November 2016
Usually, a day consists of watching cameras and doing patrols. I learnt to be more pro active and confident. it is managed fairly well and the people that I work with are easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job is not being bored and being able to deal with problems. The easiest part of the job is answering phiones and watching cameras.
Pros
easy, good opportunity
Cons
low pay, boring shiftd

2.8