Paladin Security Employee Reviews in Canada

very professional and enjoyable work place
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, ONApril 21, 2016
A work place that requires you to use law on your every shift. Very well managed and professional company. The most enjoyable part of working as a Security Officer with Paladin Security Group, is that everyday you get to meet new people, and experience different things that help you grow not only within the work environment, but as an individual as-well.
Pros
Lunch is paid
Cons
nothing
stressful work environment
Security officer UHNBC (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCDecember 27, 2015
the stress was caused by poor management. the people i worked with were amazing, but the management was sub-standard. if you try and file a complaint, it is passed over and you are told that manager is improving, dont worry about it.
the upper management would rather get the contract and not take care of the worker
Pros
min wage job
Cons
management
A Professional and Well Organized Company
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 21, 2016
Always looked forward to going into work as it was a great environment, with a great staff. I learned a lot, about how to deal with a variety of situations, such as aggravated patients or visitors; learned how to restrain patient, if needed. developed my interpersonal and communication skills and overall improved myself as an individual.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 6, 2016
The Company paladin is great if you are looking for a job with alot of hours and looking for some entry experience . uniforms are free
Pros
lots of hours and free uniforms
Cons
lack of communication
Strong Culture, Lots of valuable experiences and training
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABMay 18, 2016
The people I worked with and the challenges each day provided were the reason i loved coming into work every day. The pay was good, team spirit and comradeship was high and even though it was long hours and I was exhausted, I knew my time was well spent and I was able to show the uniform with respect, honor and pride.
Very impressed with Professional Management and fellow Employees
Healthcare (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 18, 2016
I am a relatively new employee of what is clearly the top rated company of Security Services in this country. Since I joined several months ago, I have nothing but positive vibes and things to say about everyone who is employed here. Thank you for making your new recruits feel like family.
Pros
Many.
Cons
None.
Thought it was going to be a great place to start a career but was wrong
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, ABMay 16, 2016
I am working at a hospital at the moment so they give you health care training which is provided, that is a plus but other than that if you want to expand your horizons ( verbal judo, PPCT ) to help protect yourself better it really is not going to happen
Pros
Benefits, Experience
Cons
everything else
Draining and unfulfilling job experience
Operations (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 15, 2015
Overall there is a lack of organization and rules. Everything is made up on a day to day basis. Calls are not recorded and there is a constant he said she said battle. The job does not pay well enough to account for the stress.
Cons
Long hours, going back and forth between day and night shift, little to no training
It was Ok
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 20, 2016
The general culture and work/life balance is great
The Case management is terrible really don't care about there customers
Little to no advancement
while I was there $15/hr. was good but now that's minimum wage
Pros
Meet some great people and very easy work
Cons
no Advancement and case managers havent got a clue
Workload does not meet the pay
St. Joseph's Mental Health Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONNovember 10, 2015
I enjoy my work site but I can't afford to work here. Not even pay to live on. If you work hard you will be almost the only one working if you don't you'll be in deep water.
Pros
Good hands on experience
Cons
everything else
Menial job, high turnover and staff shortages, low wages
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCDecember 3, 2015
Good culture no doubt, but the turnover and staff shortages is very apparent and has very overworked staff and increased stress caused by this. Wages is low for the type of job and really is not worth the time.
Pros
Company Culture
Cons
Low wages, overworked, staff shortage
Productive Security Guard
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 14, 2015
A fun ecstatic work place with wonderful co-workers. My management team looks at how you deal with difficult civilians. I have learned a lot working as a security guard, how to deal with the public more efficiently. I love every part of my job and making my work place a better environment for the community.
Good place to work at
High Profile Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSApril 19, 2016
Very professional staff and they are well trained. They provide you with adequate training to be able to perform the jobs well and they also consider any job related suggestions that you may have.
Pros
Professionalisum
Cons
work hours
Not Recommended
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  VancouverAugust 25, 2015
I spent a year or so working for Paladin before I moved on to a different security company. My work placing was very rushed and required nights and early mornings. The job in and of itself was just standard security but they call you often and keep a close eye on performance.

The issue with them was the corporate culture and team meetings- many of the Managers and staff were unprofessional and had a different approach to Security than other firms I'd work for.

Lots of unnecessary meetings and bureaucratic must haves in order to keep the top of the security chain corporate reputation.

Really, relieved when I found a new position- tread with caution.
Pros
Nice Uniform-
Cons
Low Wages, unproffesional staff, emphasis on reputation above anything else.
Excellent Professionalist
Security Guard / Mobile Patrol (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 24, 2016
A very well organized operational team that knows its job and fully aware of its industrial responsibilities. A very friendly team and staff of well-qualified professionals.
Terrible company
COMMUNICATIONS OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  toronto, onNovember 10, 2015
if you are desperate and need work - you will get it.

if you want to be treated well and enjoy yourself. this is not the place.
Pros
Cons
long hours disrepected
Good for potential EPS applicants
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 22, 2015
Little pay for the amount of grief you get from people. Job atmosphere is not pleasant but depending on where you work staff can be nice and helpful. Job is not difficult and definitely not physically demanding. Sit at desk for 12 hours then patrol every hour or two for a couple minutes then sit at desk again.
Pros
Very easy job
Cons
Angry people, Little pay, horrible hours.
It was an okay job. the hours sucked and so didn't the pay.
HIGH PROFILE SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSMay 11, 2016
I enjoyed it for the first little while but after being punched, kicked, spit on ect... i decided it wasnt worth the time or pay.
Cons
long hours, bad pay
wronly terminated
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Halifax Regional Municipality, NSMay 25, 2016
I was wronly terminated from paladin. I filed a human rights case, after a year, I Won my case against Paladin security.
The working enviorment was difficult and painful.
Pros
Cons
many
Good to start building life experience.
Senior Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCApril 30, 2016
Interesting place to work, meet new people, learn a lot. The company provides courses and trainings on different levels. No support from management.