Paladin Security

Paladin Security Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Pure of beurocracy
Security Guard (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 2, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: management
I asked for 2 days off and Asked for help from the CSM and operations because I could not find anyone to replace me. Then boom! When I told them the truth that I wont be able to come to work for 2 days I got fired for that. Paladin is a security company that have a lot of security guards waiting for a phone call but doesn't use that previlage to fill those missing spot which was really really dumb.
A typical day with Paladin security at VLC is always great experience
Security Officer/RSOC Operator (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 21, 2013
My typical day with Paladin Security at Vancouver Law Court House is always unique. We have a very friendly and respected work environment. The Management is really great. My supervisors are always very calm, patient and ready to help. Sometimes, the hardest part of the job is to work under pressure and meet time dead lines. Over the time, I have learned to work under the pressure and thrive. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I get to learn something new and useful everyday.
my job
Security Guard (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 2, 2016
My day is 12 hr days. I've learned the importance of safety and the importance of access control. The management go above and beyond to help my co workers and me. The team that I work with are eager and willing to offer help whether voluntarily or when I ask. The most difficult part of the job is actually not the job itself but with me. I try so hard to be perfect. The most enjoyable part of my day is knowing that the I do the best that I can to help make the company successful.
Dealing with the public on a daily basis
Parking Enforcement Officer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 19, 2015
Pros: Lots of healthy walking
Cons: Extreme cold winter weather
Every morning we were issued a route we had to patrol. We would patrol that route the entire day (whether on foot or in a vehicle) and return to the office at the end of the day to hand in our tickets. The hardest part of the job was the extreme winter weather and the hostile and sometime dangerous citizens who got a ticket. I enjoyed working alone the most
Patrol areas in charge, assist clients with closings and openings of their businesses, respond to alarms, assist work mates in their duties.
Mobile Officer (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCAugust 30, 2015
Pros: Work authonomy
Cons: Lack of advancement opportunities
This company has a very strange work culture. Advancement is only offer to those that never question or suggest anything different to what upper management is currently doing. Therefore mistakes keep on repeating themselves and reinforced by the newly promoted junior managers.
Good work environment and experiences
Shift Leader (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 31, 2014
Pros: lots of hours and good environment. plenty of good experiences.
Cons: long shifts and nights make for tough time management.
Overall the company provides you with many opportunities to grow and many experiences to learn from. Sometimes there was a lack of communication between management and the site operations but with a good liaison the miscommunication can be fixed. I would suggest this job to anyone looking into law enforcement or any job that services the public.
Best job
Security Officer (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: meet new people, flexable hours
Cons: night shift
Loved my job. You get to meet new people as co-workers that provide you with training and the knowledge you need to know to do your best at work. A typical day is doing patrols ever hour on the hour. Filling reports of what you noticed and happened on your patrol. Its a good job to get if think about join the police force, you get a sence of things. The hardest part of the job is that most security is need on a night shift.
Health care security guard
Shift lead responsibilities (Former Employee), calgaryJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: teams are like families. good pay
Cons: standing solitary for prolong periods
12 hour days for everyone, breaks usually given on time and full break given. worked with many people my age and very thoroughly enjoyed working for this company. high ups make executive decisions but usually the whole team is included. Teams are almost like families, usually get along very well, but very professional. I really enjoyed this job
Good, Hard, Work
Security Life Safety Supervisor (Current Employee), EtobicokeNovember 9, 2013
Pros: room for advancement, rapid growth
Cons: many scheduling demands hard to meet, not enough manpower
It depends on the site but hours are long. I have made the jump to a Supervisor and have since learned a lot of what goes on behind the scenes. I got to meet a lot of great People, and they were, for the most, part great to work with. The Most enjoyable part for me is interacting with the Public and putting a positive image on the Paladin brand.
Everyone has there own perspective
Security Guard (Former Employee), Calgary ABJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: they help u get started into the security business
Cons: long hours, not enough training, paper pusher.
This company is hard to get into but when u do they help you get your security license and give you the training that is needed for the right duty. They pay your training but if you do not complete the contract they DING you in the end for everything that they paid for. This is one job I would not tell people about cause in the end its not worth the problem.
Great People in management but lots of politics
Mobile Management Team Lead (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: people
Cons: politics
There are some great people that work at Paladin Security, but it's just like any typical medium sized company on the rise, there's plenty of politics. In addition due to the nature of the security industry, this can really become a 24/7 job. So for those who are family-oriented, weigh your pros and cons before applying for a management level position.
Changing scenery, friendly staff, and friendly clients
Security worker (Current Employee), Prince George, BCAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Networking and meeting several new contacts.
Cons: Scheduling changes at a moment's notice.
Since my first day, I've been given a wide variety of positions. Working for several different employers contracted through Paladin. Met many different and diverse customers, and conversed with several different employees. I've changed locations on many different occasions, and worked for a lot repeat customers. Never a dull moment, to say the least.
Real down to earth managers who took care of there workers especially in Health Care Divisiion.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Vancouver BC CanadaMarch 31, 2015
Pros: If your serious about promotion, managers are there to help
Cons: pay not the best but you can move up in the company
Paladin Security company BC Canada was a awesome place to work.this company spends a lot on training an. development of its workers hence the high standards. Health Care Security provider in BC was the area to be in. Kudos to the team. Go paladin Go.
Interesting job work place with an understanding supervisor
Security Agent S.E.M.I (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 10, 2014
Days at work are not same depending on situations that are happening. Some days are quite some others are very busy. Currenctly posted at a hospital where working full time.

My co-workers are best one, we have a strong works ethics and we rely on each others. Every one make sure is job is done correctly respecting hospital, company, city, province laws.
Patrol premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion
Security Officer (Current Employee), BurnabyAugust 20, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: graveyard shift
Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises. Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences. Call police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire. Circulate among visitors, patrons, and employees to preserve orders and protect property. Answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
Good for potential EPS applicants
Security Guard (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 22, 2015
Pros: Very easy job
Cons: Angry people, Little pay, horrible hours.
Little pay for the amount of grief you get from people. Job atmosphere is not pleasant but depending on where you work staff can be nice and helpful. Job is not difficult and definitely not physically demanding. Sit at desk for 12 hours then patrol every hour or two for a couple minutes then sit at desk again.
Friendly office staffs
Regular Security and Patient Watch Attendant (Current Employee), edmontonMay 4, 2015
Pros: easy approach toward office team
Cons: sometimes few hours
Starting with Paladin is a very good experience. opportunity to gather experience in versatile security fields. most of the time very long shift like 12 hrs. management is satisfactory. team work appreciable. bad part of it is sometimes no schedule, no money. enjoyable part is yearly employee celebration party with friends and family.
Hostile Company to work for
Security (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 6, 2013
Pros: free uniforms, company pays for your licence, friendly staff, sick day pays
Cons: politics, poor management, poor training, poor pay and favortism
My experience with Paladin Security was very poor there was way too many politics and favortism going around the workplace. The Clinet Services Manager was very lazy and did not care for harassment in the workplace. If you wanna grow with Paladin just do one thing and kiss up to managment.
stressful work environment
Security officer UHNBC (Former Employee), Prince George, BCDecember 27, 2015
Pros: min wage job
Cons: management
the stress was caused by poor management. the people i worked with were amazing, but the management was sub-standard. if you try and file a complaint, it is passed over and you are told that manager is improving, dont worry about it.
the upper management would rather get the contract and not take care of the worker
Good start workplace, with oppurtunity for advancement
Site Manager (Former Employee), Fort McMurrayMay 23, 2015
It is a workplace that offered me the chance to be on site for the first time in my life.

I learned a lot about how site worked, what different types of trades are on site, what oppurtunities there could be for me in the future.

This company offers a lot of opportunity for advancement, within a year I went from a basic guard, team lead, supervisor, Site manager.