Paladin Security Employee Reviews

Chaotic, unorganized and uncaring.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 September 2016
You're just a number to them you get sent to a site and literally all they tell you is go there. There are most of the time no further details, have to inquire, am I being relieved? Where do I get the key? How should I take my brakes? What if I'm hungry? Where's the a bathroom, is it functioning if not what should I do when I must go? Etc.
Pros
Easy undemanding work
Cons
Bad management, unorganized staff, bad tracking systems of employees, low pay
good
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 September 2016
Its good company and having professional approach towards all employees and clients . I learned work culture of Canada. Management is good. some co worker are good and some are bad. Hardest part is working long hours while standing.Public relation is enjoyable part .
Pros
Professionalism
Cons
Long Hours
Say no to parking
security officer /parking enforcement officer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 September 2016
If you must work wirh this company. Stay with the health care or security posting. Stay away from the parking enforcement side. It is a separate office and has tons of internal office issues. Management is terrible and head office does nothing. ...
Pros
money
Cons
people will not like your job, ridiculous office politics, feels like high school, Management is B.S.
Good Job, but with Some Setbacks
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB14 September 2016
I've worked at this career for almost two years and I'd say it has been an overall positive experience. The compensation is generous, and the work is rewarding and exciting. The healthcare position I worked had 12 hour shifts which could tend to drag on at times, but constant activity could make the shifts fly by at times, and a four day weekend every week can't be beat.
Cons
Long hours, dangerous
Nice company. Management ok. Lots of hours available
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON13 September 2016
Salary is low just like most security companies. Management are pretty good for people that work hard. Lots of hours available. Promotion within. Lots of opportunites. Dont apply here if your looking for a free ride.
One of the best
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  BC10 September 2016
Only issue is that company do not commit assurance of work hrs - which is base line for those who are responsible to run families.
Pros
Best of best
Cons
Keeps worker insecure
Long Hours
Patient Watch Guard (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 September 2016
Worked as a security guard in hospitals of Alberta, Calgary.
Followed the AHS guidlines.
The work was stressful but internally rewarding.
This type of work taught me a lot about handling various situations.

The main Cons were the Long 12 hr shifts.
High Profile (Retail) Security Agent
High Profile (Retail) Security Agent (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 September 2016
A typical day starts 15 minutes before shift start with a call into Operation booking on your shift and filling out your notebook. After that all sites vary greatly but you expect to have be walking constantly, and keeping track of your movements, interaction and incidents. This is because you are an agent (not an officer) of the property and as such act with the authority of the property owner. Its an enjoyable job with lots of possibilities to work both inside and outside. Training and Certifications (except the criminal background check) will provided or paid for by Paladin. The administrative staff do have a very tough job, but will try to work with you to develop a schedule around your needs. The General Public interactions you will probably have if work in highly public places will involving name calling and dealing with aggressive individuals.
Pros
4 days on, 4 days off, all the overtime you want
Cons
Long Days, Very Erratic Daily Events
discrimination in the company (Manitoba)
Security guard (Former Employee) –  Manitoba3 September 2016
They don't hire disability people,

Human rights should check into this.

This company don't deserve Cilents, I hope the cilents will find this useful.
Pros
Career promotion
Cons
Poor management
Not the worst
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON2 September 2016
Not a bad company to work for. Pay sucks, but still like 100x better than a certain company I used worked for. (who shall remain nameless)
Operations Manager
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort mcmurray2 September 2016
Responsible for 250 employees on site and worked very close on
payroll and Scheduling.
working close with the client and meet their expectations.
The most i liked on the job was the fast past and interaction with all the people.
Pros
interaction with people
Monotonous
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB30 August 2016
Patient watch- sit/follow for 12hrs a day/night watching and logging patients actions/interactions. Shifts 4on 4off

Rural Hospitals- patrol interior and exterior of hospital every hr for 12hrs. Shifts 4on 4off

Park Place Mall- continuous patrols around mall, prevent thefts, make arrests when needed, escort unwanted patrons off site, issue bans when needed. 8hr shifts
Cons
long hrs, working with a lot of kids
Great Experience
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON29 August 2016
Reports, investigates and identifies all potential risks
Enforcement of all College policies and regulations
Initiate and participate in emergency response
Parking Enforcement
Defusing Aggressive Situations
Daily cash services deposits
short and sweet
Security guard (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS17 August 2016
Personally i would rather no say anything regarding my current workplace. I thoroughly enjoy being able to work at the hospitals and connecting with my clients and watching them progress.
Protecting can be difficult
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 August 2016
I had a permanent post but it was overnight (6pm-6am). There was no room to improve on these hours or any way that it may lead to having days shift. I really enjoyed this site, because they're were lots of great people, and it was a college environment, which was great. But had to leave this site, when asked to be posted during days. After, I moved around a lot. Until I got this site that involved man-operating elevator. It was physically demanding. I left because of injury of repetitive movement and also due to a fall/trip.
Pros
Lots of understanding people, espicially in management
Cons
Difficult to have life balance depending on hours
The Paladin Indifference
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS7 August 2016
Do not even apply to this company.
I made the mistake of being "employed" with this company and regret it. They'll hire you before you know it, and for good reason.
You have to pay for training, uniform, and important gear yourself.
They may say "Free" but really what they're doing is running up a tab(or an Investment as they call it) for you till they claw enough pay from you, which is the extent of the "Probationary Period" most likely.
If you see them, run.
If you're in the training process, pay your dues before they get you to pay for the uniform also, and then get out that door lickity split. I'm pretty sure most of their income
Please read all these other reviews also, they'll include things I've probably not mentioned.
Pros
semi-good training
Cons
Evil-Corporate Security Company, also $11/h? you can do much better!
A good starting point
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 August 2016
Paladin is a good starting point, depending on what you are looking to get into. When I was first hired, I had to pick up random shifts at different sites until I was posted at one specific site. The pay is horrible, especially for what we have to do sometimes. However, if you can breathe and spell your name... they'll give you a job!!

If you need extra hours, there's always sites available. And their call centre will call you at all hours of the night, relentlessly asking you to take shifts all over the place.

When the company tells you they will reimburse you for something, always find out exact details... they tend to say they will but then say your site may not require whatever you've purchased and then you are out the money!
Pros
You have a job
Cons
Pay check is always short, they treat you like you are replaceable, uniform is uncomfortable
Friendly and approachable staff and positive work environment
ID Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Fort Mackay, AB23 July 2016
It was very convenient staying at the same camp that I worked at. Our meals were included with the job and the rooms at the camp were very nice.
I learned how to use and operate the EBI computer system to process all employees.
The management team, as well as my coworkers were all very warm and inviting. If we ever needed any help or advice, we weren't afraid to ask and everyone was very helpful.
The hardest days were the slow days, when you got all your work done early and it wasn't very busy, so you had to find tasks to keep you busy.
I really loved talking to all the staff about there past experiences and day to day interactions with everyone. It made for a very positive and exciting work place.
Pros
Free room and board, as well as free meals in camp
Cons
Some slower days
Concerige
Concierge services (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 July 2016
Enjoy working in a setting where I could interact with residents living in the building. Having duties to preform and conducting patrols hourly was enjoyable.
WAS great place to work.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS20 July 2016
Was a fantastic place. Then a thing called favoritism came into play. The company is unfair and if your not one of the selected 'favorites' your going to be miserable! Don't bother complaining about things because they will make sure to flip it and blame you.
DONT WORK HERE!
Pros
Paid lunch.
Cons
Everything else.

2.9