Paladin Security Employee Reviews

Say no to parking
security officer /parking enforcement officer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 September 2016
If you must work wirh this company. Stay with the health care or security posting. Stay away from the parking enforcement side. It is a separate office and has tons of internal office issues. Management is terrible and head office does nothing. ...
Pros
money
Cons
people will not like your job, ridiculous office politics, feels like high school, Management is B.S.
Friendly and approachable staff and positive work environment
ID Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Fort Mackay, AB23 July 2016
It was very convenient staying at the same camp that I worked at. Our meals were included with the job and the rooms at the camp were very nice.
I learned how to use and operate the EBI computer system to process all employees.
The management team, as well as my coworkers were all very warm and inviting. If we ever needed any help or advice, we weren't afraid to ask and everyone was very helpful.
The hardest days were the slow days, when you got all your work done early and it wasn't very busy, so you had to find tasks to keep you busy.
I really loved talking to all the staff about there past experiences and day to day interactions with everyone. It made for a very positive and exciting work place.
Pros
Free room and board, as well as free meals in camp
Cons
Some slower days
It was a good city job.
Dispatching/Team-lead (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 December 2016
The job was based in a hospital called Albert Hospital, which was located 10 min away from my house. I was dispatching for hospital security and peace officers to emergency situations in the hospital.

The hours were draining and getting days off would be hard to receive.
Even though it would get hard and overwhelming in a fast paced environment, i loved the job and it was a way for me to help others and making sure that clients, patients and staff were safe and comfortable.
Productive work environment
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON15 February 2017
High Demanding job with low income wages, very active environment, 12 Hour shifts, Always alert use of sense, at times stressful Physically demanding most of the time.
Pros
got to meet a lot of people
Cons
Low wages
Chaotic, unorganized and uncaring.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 September 2016
You're just a number to them you get sent to a site and literally all they tell you is go there. There are most of the time no further details, have to inquire, am I being relieved? Where do I get the key? How should I take my brakes? What if I'm hungry? Where's the a bathroom, is it functioning if not what should I do when I must go? Etc.
Pros
Easy undemanding work
Cons
Bad management, unorganized staff, bad tracking systems of employees, low pay
If you want to be respected..goodluck!
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON17 January 2017
They care way more about keeping their contracts than they do ensuring their employees are taken care of or happy.

If you want an easy job, go for it. If you want to actually enjoy and/or feel like management cares..don't waste your time.
High Profile (Retail) Security Agent
High Profile (Retail) Security Agent (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 September 2016
A typical day starts 15 minutes before shift start with a call into Operation booking on your shift and filling out your notebook. After that all sites vary greatly but you expect to have be walking constantly, and keeping track of your movements, interaction and incidents. This is because you are an agent (not an officer) of the property and as such act with the authority of the property owner. Its an enjoyable job with lots of possibilities to work both inside and outside. Training and Certifications (except the criminal background check) will provided or paid for by Paladin. The administrative staff do have a very tough job, but will try to work with you to develop a schedule around your needs. The General Public interactions you will probably have if work in highly public places will involving name calling and dealing with aggressive individuals.
Pros
4 days on, 4 days off, all the overtime you want
Cons
Long Days, Very Erratic Daily Events
It was Ok
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 April 2016
The general culture and work/life balance is great
The Case management is terrible really don't care about there customers
Little to no advancement
while I was there $15/hr. was good but now that's minimum wage
Pros
Meet some great people and very easy work
Cons
no Advancement and case managers havent got a clue
Great company to start
Security Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 January 2017
I`ve worked with paladin for one year, and I've had great opportunities to meet fascinating people. The management is excellent, out of many security companies I put paladin in the top 5.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Starting pay
Positive culture, excellent benifits
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 January 2017
Paladin Security is a great stepping stone for any type of law enforcement/senior security position. Wide range of sites/roles combined with solid management make it easy to work for Paladin.
Learned a lot
officer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB3 April 2016
It was my first position in Fort Mac. Paladin is a great company, I learned a lot about security, they offer great benefits and opportunity for growth.
discrimination in the company (Manitoba)
Security guard (Former Employee) –  Manitoba3 September 2016
They don't hire disability people,

Human rights should check into this.

This company don't deserve Cilents, I hope the cilents will find this useful.
Pros
Career promotion
Cons
Poor management
The Paladin Indifference
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS7 August 2016
Do not even apply to this company.
I made the mistake of being "employed" with this company and regret it. They'll hire you before you know it, and for good reason.
You have to pay for training, uniform, and important gear yourself.
They may say "Free" but really what they're doing is running up a tab(or an Investment as they call it) for you till they claw enough pay from you, which is the extent of the "Probationary Period" most likely.
If you see them, run.
If you're in the training process, pay your dues before they get you to pay for the uniform also, and then get out that door lickity split. I'm pretty sure most of their income
Please read all these other reviews also, they'll include things I've probably not mentioned.
Pros
semi-good training
Cons
Evil-Corporate Security Company, also $11/h? you can do much better!
Challenging, although with lots of support
Agent de sécurité (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC3 January 2017
Fun co-workers, very interesting management that give enough tools to accomplish the daily task, regardless of circumstances on the field.
It's only good for extra money
Security (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 April 2016
They don't offer a free training
No benefit
You need to work 6 months before you can apply forthe benefits and it' s not guaranteed that you will have it
A good starting point
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 August 2016
Paladin is a good starting point, depending on what you are looking to get into. When I was first hired, I had to pick up random shifts at different sites until I was posted at one specific site. The pay is horrible, especially for what we have to do sometimes. However, if you can breathe and spell your name... they'll give you a job!!

If you need extra hours, there's always sites available. And their call centre will call you at all hours of the night, relentlessly asking you to take shifts all over the place.

When the company tells you they will reimburse you for something, always find out exact details... they tend to say they will but then say your site may not require whatever you've purchased and then you are out the money!
Pros
You have a job
Cons
Pay check is always short, they treat you like you are replaceable, uniform is uncomfortable
easy job, low pay
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 November 2016
Usually, a day consists of watching cameras and doing patrols. I learnt to be more pro active and confident. it is managed fairly well and the people that I work with are easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job is not being bored and being able to deal with problems. The easiest part of the job is answering phiones and watching cameras.
Pros
easy, good opportunity
Cons
low pay, boring shiftd
Operations Manager
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort mcmurray2 September 2016
Responsible for 250 employees on site and worked very close on
payroll and Scheduling.
working close with the client and meet their expectations.
The most i liked on the job was the fast past and interaction with all the people.
Pros
interaction with people
Cons
Horrible employer Good experience for another career
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  various sites in alberta24 September 2016
Horrible wages that they lie about when you join. High turn over rate for a very good reason. Does not give you the PPE you need for the job and does not compensate you when you purchase what you need yourself. Promises you a uniform and only gives you half. Employer treats employees like garbage.
Pros
will pay for your security license
Cons
does not give needed PPE does not pay well for the risks you face daily.
it's a good company
Operations - Senior Operator (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC1 February 2017
It is a good company to work at. They give lots of hours. They are accommodating students and lots of vacation time. Managers are nice people and the HR department cares a lot.
Pros
lots of OT
Cons
lots of OT

2.9