Paladin Security Employee Reviews

Great place to work with the ability for advancement and supportive management
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 March 2016
Great place to work with the ability for advancement and supportive management who are willing to work with you to find a site that is a good fit for yourself.
Horrible employer Good experience for another career
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  various sites in alberta24 September 2016
Horrible wages that they lie about when you join. High turn over rate for a very good reason. Does not give you the PPE you need for the job and does not compensate you when you purchase what you need yourself. Promises you a uniform and only gives you half. Employer treats employees like garbage.
Pros
will pay for your security license
Cons
does not give needed PPE does not pay well for the risks you face daily.
Professional enviroment
Multi-Site Security Supervisor, NHS (Current Employee) –  Niagara Region20 June 2016
I would recommend Paladin for development growth and a stepping stone towards careers in law enforcement / corrections and Canadian customs. The experience offered through Paladin has be proven time and again.
would not recommend
dispatch (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 April 2016
I was told when I was hired that there was a lot of room for advancement, I was also told that I would be able to flourish within the position I was given. I was 3 months in when they told me they were losing the contract and that I would be laid off but luckily that paladin would be able to relocate me. of course when I asked I was told there was nothing to be offered. they told me when hired that I would be a primary focus, that paladin cares only for their employees but in my small time here I have been shown otherwise.
Great career
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Yarmouth, NS6 July 2016
I could not think of a better career choice than working for Paladin Security. I've only been with them as a Security Officer for only a short time but I have loved every minute of it!
Thought it was going to be a great place to start a career but was wrong
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB16 May 2016
I am working at a hospital at the moment so they give you health care training which is provided, that is a plus but other than that if you want to expand your horizons ( verbal judo, PPCT ) to help protect yourself better it really is not going to happen
Pros
Benefits, Experience
Cons
everything else
Strong Culture, Lots of valuable experiences and training
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB18 May 2016
The people I worked with and the challenges each day provided were the reason i loved coming into work every day. The pay was good, team spirit and comradeship was high and even though it was long hours and I was exhausted, I knew my time was well spent and I was able to show the uniform with respect, honor and pride.
easy job, low pay
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 November 2016
Usually, a day consists of watching cameras and doing patrols. I learnt to be more pro active and confident. it is managed fairly well and the people that I work with are easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job is not being bored and being able to deal with problems. The easiest part of the job is answering phiones and watching cameras.
Pros
easy, good opportunity
Cons
low pay, boring shiftd
fun place to work
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 February 2016
-the days are never same and each shift present a challenge
-reports are always there which to me is a good day
-learned to maintain time
-management is very helpful and encourage advancement
-coworker always supported each other
-maintain policy at centennial college site
-we get to meet lots of new people
I love mu job
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, ON21 April 2016
I preform many patrols both on the interior and exterior of the site ensuring the safety of staff and visitors as well I am in charge of unlocking the main doors in the morning. My co-workers are supportive and informative and the management is very respectful and understanding. I thoroughly enjoy my job because the atmosphere is well mannered and the people I work with are professional.
Pros
One man site
Cons
One man site
Security
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 September 2016
i think i already answered this but here goes, its a demanding job and it certainly takes away from your personal life, you will often find yourself awake during the night which destroys the daytime hours and any social life you thought you may have... but hey, means you save up that money
Pros
money saver
Cons
no personal life left
Fun Co Workers
Mobile Patrol Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC1 June 2016
Got along well with Co workers
management is oblivious to the lack of efficiency in the office.
The working environment was difficult and painful.
Pros
Cons
they film your every move, no trust in employees, bad pay for what we do. They don't truly care about our safety.
Vast amount of learning curves and experience
Security Guard - Mental Health (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 May 2016
Fast paced environment working in a hospital facility. Dealing with all staff members and issues in the majority of the facility. Because of a strong bond among different teams and casuals work becomes a enjoyable environment.
Cons
Very long hours
Monotonous
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB30 August 2016
Patient watch- sit/follow for 12hrs a day/night watching and logging patients actions/interactions. Shifts 4on 4off

Rural Hospitals- patrol interior and exterior of hospital every hr for 12hrs. Shifts 4on 4off

Park Place Mall- continuous patrols around mall, prevent thefts, make arrests when needed, escort unwanted patrons off site, issue bans when needed. 8hr shifts
Cons
long hrs, working with a lot of kids
Ability to learn new things
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 November 2016
I believe paladin is a great company, they give you lots of opportunity for growth. Tasks vary per day which makes it interesting.
Every shift is a learning experince
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 November 2016
Working at new sites at every shift, learning and making new experience, employees are well trained prior to their working experience, They are walked through what should be expected, in terms of challenges, and how to handle them.
Great company to work for
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB24 October 2016
Security work is always interesting-mostly twelve hour shifts, a lot of them in isolated areas. The hardest part of the job was not knowing when or where your next job would come from and maybe not have enough hours. The most enjoyable part was the job itself.
Pros
camp jobs
Cons
never knowing where or when
Great place to work for full time students.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 September 2016
This job is great learning experience and provides me with an opportunity to practice in my field of study. A typical shift could range from dealing with clients in mental/emotional distress to dealing with access control.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Lack of shifts, unreliability of shift.
WAS great place to work.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS20 July 2016
Was a fantastic place. Then a thing called favoritism came into play. The company is unfair and if your not one of the selected 'favorites' your going to be miserable! Don't bother complaining about things because they will make sure to flip it and blame you.
DONT WORK HERE!
Pros
Paid lunch.
Cons
Everything else.
It was an okay job. the hours sucked and so didn't the pay.
HIGH PROFILE SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS11 May 2016
I enjoyed it for the first little while but after being punched, kicked, spit on ect... i decided it wasnt worth the time or pay.
Cons
long hours, bad pay

2.9