Paladin Security Employee Reviews

Good Job, but with Some Setbacks
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB14 September 2016
I've worked at this career for almost two years and I'd say it has been an overall positive experience. The compensation is generous, and the work is rewarding and exciting. The healthcare position I worked had 12 hour shifts which could tend to drag on at times, but constant activity could make the shifts fly by at times, and a four day weekend every week can't be beat.
Cons
Long hours, dangerous
great work place
Security Officer (Loss Prevention TJX) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 January 2017
Great place to work, as a new immigrant to Canada I learned a lot while working here. Here I learned about Canadian work culture. People in company very informative and provide good training.
Pros
Social Events
Cons
Low salary
Secure full time job
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  North York, ON23 January 2017
Basically this company gives you that job security feeling. It is very hard to find a full time job that provides benefits for yourself and your family
Pros
Secure job
Cons
Low pay
Nice company. Management ok. Lots of hours available
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON13 September 2016
Salary is low just like most security companies. Management are pretty good for people that work hard. Lots of hours available. Promotion within. Lots of opportunites. Dont apply here if your looking for a free ride.
Awesome atmosphere
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 September 2016
This was hands down the best company i have worked for. Great atmosphere, decent salary, and managers that treated you like people and not cattle.
Hire everyone and employ no one...
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB27 May 2016
I was under the impression I was hired to work a full time job. Spent months on end with very little hours. Company does not place you where you can shine they place you where you are most aggravated and in the most danger. Promise benefits after 6 months but only if you work enough hours...which they don't give you! A real sugar show. Run screaming.
Pros
A new career
Cons
No hours
Overall negative experience
Weekend Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 January 2017
The training is sub par, your instructor will be late everyday after explaining the importance of arriving early. Only the Basic Security training and any first aid training they give you is applicable to the outside world. The rest of it just paperwork to prove you have been informed of certain situations and the "procedures" behind them. The CSM's vary from blunt and obnoxious to timid and limp, there is zero continuity within any level of management. My past experience was overlooked arbitrarily, and I was constantly spoken down to with my optimal work being ignored and any and every mistake over analyzed and scrutinized heavily. Lastly, payroll will mess up indefinitely on anything to do.with a paycheque. Work here for yourself, and at your own risk.
Pros
Access to restricted information and nifty things
Cons
Read the review
Not a bad company to work for
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB30 January 2017
Not a bad company to work for - have certainly worked for some that are much worse, Cannot give them 5 stars because: Management could use some improvement - promote from within seemingly without much regard as to skills and abilities. Unless you are fortunate to be posted to a site with regular hours you may be scrambling to make ends meet financially. If the company loses a contract you could find yourself without enough hours to earn a livable wage.
Pros
If you enjoy dealing with people many sites will give you lots of people contact
Cons
Instability, shift work
Productive and Enjoyable place to work
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 January 2017
A typical day at work for myself would be patrolling the building, door lock-ups, assisting with mental health patients, monitoring parking lots, and patient watches.

The most enjoyable part of the job is receiving satisfaction from the employees and satisfaction of a safe environment.

As for the management, it was fine. I worked with a higher level of management, although they are hard to get a hold of. For example, once you request something, it is difficult to receive an answer.

As for co-workers, they are all easy to get along with and I enjoy working with them.
Great place to work with friendly coworkers and management
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 December 2016
At Paladin security I was able to learn a lot about how to deal with unwanted and unsavory individuals including street people. Access control and contractor assistance was a great part of my day as I was able to create good relationships. Guiding the general public to destinations in the area was a forte of mine and and I really enjoyed it.
Pros
Able to help and meet lots of interesting local people
Cons
good
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 September 2016
Its good company and having professional approach towards all employees and clients . I learned work culture of Canada. Management is good. some co worker are good and some are bad. Hardest part is working long hours while standing.Public relation is enjoyable part .
Pros
Professionalism
Cons
Long Hours
Thought it was going to be a great place to start a career but was wrong
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB16 May 2016
I am working at a hospital at the moment so they give you health care training which is provided, that is a plus but other than that if you want to expand your horizons ( verbal judo, PPCT ) to help protect yourself better it really is not going to happen
Pros
Benefits, Experience
Cons
everything else
Pays the rent
Healthcare Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC6 December 2016
Rumours are that Paladin gets its contracts by under paying their employees. However, it is one of the easier jobs to get out there and can advance you to other careers ( so i have heard).
Pros
Good employees
Cons
Management treats employees more like units of profit rather than human beings.
It was a job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB14 December 2016
It wasn't the hardest of jobs, it paid well for the time, but the manager at the time sat on to many contracts and i was with out work after the job i was out finished. Never the less still a good job.
Pros
Good hours, good pay.
Cons
No job security, can get boring
Productive workplace
Healthcare Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 January 2017

As for the management, it was fine.

Job was sometimes fun and the management at times were good.
Secuity professional (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 February 2017
A typical day at work involved doing regular patrols to make sure the site was safe and secure or driving to different sites doing the same thing.
I learned how to be observant and be in constant communication with my colleagues and debriefing them on important information before starting their shifts.
Pros
Job was flexible
Cons
Management wasn't always good
Protecting can be difficult
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 August 2016
I had a permanent post but it was overnight (6pm-6am). There was no room to improve on these hours or any way that it may lead to having days shift. I really enjoyed this site, because they're were lots of great people, and it was a college environment, which was great. But had to leave this site, when asked to be posted during days. After, I moved around a lot. Until I got this site that involved man-operating elevator. It was physically demanding. I left because of injury of repetitive movement and also due to a fall/trip.
Pros
Lots of understanding people, espicially in management
Cons
Difficult to have life balance depending on hours
Great Experience but Needs Rearrangement
Security Guard - Valley Regional Hospital (Current Employee) –  Kentville, NS1 December 2016
I loved my work, but there was no way of flexibility in terms of hours. I advise the management to consider switching their shift work to three 8 hour rotations rather than two 12 hour rotations. I believe they would have a lot more people interested in taking shifts if that were the case.
Security Agent (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC22 February 2017
I enjoy working the 3 or 4 12 hour shifts and then having 3 or 4 days off each week. the people are good to work with but there is not much room for advancement.
Pros
work alone
Cons
no back up for difficult situations
Great day at work
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON1 February 2017
Well work can be a fun but serious place to work.But it's something you can always have a smile about, people always work hard,people always greet one another and it's a great place to work at
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long shiftsd

2.9