Paladin Security

Paladin Security Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good start workplace, with oppurtunity for advancement
Site Manager (Former Employee), Fort McMurrayMay 23, 2015
It is a workplace that offered me the chance to be on site for the first time in my life.

I learned a lot about how site worked, what different types of trades are on site, what oppurtunities there could be for me in the future.

This company offers a lot of opportunity for advancement, within a year I went from a basic guard, team lead, supervisor, Site manager.
Helped me get guaranteed income and benefits
Security Guard (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 21, 2015
It's a very sporadic job but it helped pay the bills. It's not always guaranteed. Its pretty much a hit or miss but for the most part it was alright.
Staff not treated well
Mobile Security Officer (Former Employee), Brandon, MBMay 12, 2015
I had to work 12 hour shifts at some events without having breaks or meals. Employees are neglected in general, and there was usually a shortage of vehicles for mobile positions.
Friendly office staffs
Regular Security and Patient Watch Attendant (Current Employee), edmontonMay 4, 2015
Pros: easy approach toward office team
Cons: sometimes few hours
Starting with Paladin is a very good experience. opportunity to gather experience in versatile security fields. most of the time very long shift like 12 hrs. management is satisfactory. team work appreciable. bad part of it is sometimes no schedule, no money. enjoyable part is yearly employee celebration party with friends and family.
St. John's Paladin management is ruining Paladin's reputation
Security Officer (Current Employee), St. John's, NLMay 2, 2015
Pros: Some coworkers
Cons: CSM Manager
First of all let me say this loud and clear.. The Client Service Manager and some supervisors are such awful examples of leaders it is disgusting and depriving the reputation of Paladin Canada as a whole. Not only do they not appreciate your work effort, or coming into shifts on such short notice, they favor certain employees who suck up to management and also allow it to be 'okay' for them favored employees to constantly call in sick and switch shifts... they give you ZERO opportunity for growth or ability to prove your potential. They make you feel as if you are worthless and just another body to fill the shift. Back to specifically, the horrible Client Service Manager, Gareth. He does not care about his employees, as he could care less about someones personal interest or problems. Close to 95% of officers do not agree with the way he is transitioning the company or even like him for that matter. I am going to leave it with this, I would not be surprised if Paladin Newfoundland has the highest turnover rate, and it is due to the fact of unacceptable management. I would not recommend working for this company in Newfoundland until management changes. As far as Paladin offices in other provinces, I think they are fantastic! It just goes to show that one bad apple can spoil the entire orchard.
hate this job
Security Guard (Current Employee), Halifax, NSApril 26, 2015
great work environment
good food
dependable employees
dependable employers
helped me be overall healthy
challenged me to work harder
made me a better person
Real down to earth managers who took care of there workers especially in Health Care Divisiion.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Vancouver BC CanadaMarch 31, 2015
Pros: If your serious about promotion, managers are there to help
Cons: pay not the best but you can move up in the company
Paladin Security company BC Canada was a awesome place to work.this company spends a lot on training an. development of its workers hence the high standards. Health Care Security provider in BC was the area to be in. Kudos to the team. Go paladin Go.
Very convenient and supportive
Security Guard (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 30, 2015
Shifts are very easy to pick up by calling operations
Shifts are usually 12 hours long
No significant difference between overnight and day shifts
Very solid experience with mental health patients
customer service and sales, I decided (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 4, 2015
Pros: paid breaks.
Cons: low wages.
My experience with Paladin Security was very good. I truly appreciated my experience with the mental health departments with various hospitals. I loved the fact I can communicate and have the opportunity to deal with high stress situations on a daily basis. Only down part about this company is the pay. I wish the pay was a little bit higher, perhaps 13.50-14.50/h. Other than that, everything else is fantastic.
Awesome training programs
Security Officer (Former Employee), Victoria, BCFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: training, support, safety policy
Cons: pay
It was one of the best run companies I have worked with. Assistance was readily available, radio communication made safety better.
Love my job
Security Guard (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: pay isn't that great for the amount of work done.
Although its ups and downs...I do love my job. I've been working for Paladin for 8 years and love what I do. I of course, mostly enjoy the site I've been working at and the great people I have met along the way. I try to provide the best quality service I can to represent the company I work for and please the client at the same time. I have trained a variety of officers whom all were amazing people. Even though we don't get paid much for what we do...the job has taught me a lot to advance my self using the skills I have acquired over the years. There really is no care for the work we do though. I don't like being forced on site when I have other obligations elsewhere...ie, other job. When It affects my life, that is no good. But I give it my all. I work nights and love it. A day for me is quite smooth as I know my job, so of course it comes easy, but it does have its challenges when they arise and I pull through the best I can.
A Great place to work with
Security Guard (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 11, 2015
Always eager to work for this company, because of good organization, management, and teamwork. I gain lots of benefits for my health as I do lots of patrol.
A good job if you can handle it.
Security Guard (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: easy communication. breaks are usually arranged with other site staff or guards.
Cons: sometimes remote locations or calls in the middle of the night.
Working with Paladin was challenging at times, but also rewarding. They have different types of posts, some of them roaming but most of them stationary. Working for Paladin was a step up from some agencies, both in terms of organization and clarity of duties. Their computer system is easy to navigate and your schedule is never confusing once you get the hang of it. Their orientation is well-planned and communicates everything you need to know about the potential job sites you might work at.
I've heard that their hands-on training lacks the intensity of some other agencies, but cannot personally verify this. I can say that it is taught in a professional, safe manner; very well supervised.
Like all security companies, you don't really earn the true worth of the job. But you have the potential to get a permanent placement which will pay more, and if you want the work hours, they have them. On the whole, if you are one of those guys who wants to sit at a post and watch movies on your phone, don't apply here. If you want to actually work, they'll treat you well.
An awesome starting place for someone looking to get into landscaping
SECURITY GUARD (Former Employee), LangleyFebruary 6, 2015
The work tended to be repetitive but the management and co-workers were very understanding. I learned a lot about strata contracts and felt like a valued employee with the company.
Up and Down
Security Professional (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: people you work with
Cons: pay, hours, management
Some really good people that you will work with.

Low pay, benefits and so-so.

Not guaranteed work at start and may take time before getting set hours.
Everyone has there own perspective
Security Guard (Former Employee), Calgary ABJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: they help u get started into the security business
Cons: long hours, not enough training, paper pusher.
This company is hard to get into but when u do they help you get your security license and give you the training that is needed for the right duty. They pay your training but if you do not complete the contract they DING you in the end for everything that they paid for. This is one job I would not tell people about cause in the end its not worth the problem.
Excellent work experience with Mental Health
Security Guard (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 24, 2015
My job at Paladin Security was dealing with Mental Health in hospitals, which could be hectic at times but also one of the best experience a person can get. My patience level has increased as well as my communication skills.
Awesome company to work for.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 20, 2015
Gives you proper training like memo book writing, use of force, first aid, etc. I'm working with the best knowledgeable people.
overall amazing company i worked for
security guard (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: everything was a pro for me in this company
I worked for paladin security in the childrens hospital it was the best job i have ever had, I love helping people and meeting new people and learning new things. Everyday was an adventure for me, the nursing staff that I became close to were amazing people. I took extra shifts and worked longer shifts just to be there because I abssolutly loved to be there all the time. My favourite place to work was in the ER (emerg) and mental health unit I met alot of children who just made my day everyday to see them grow and just be such hapy individuals no matter what the circumstances were that they were facing. I learned alot from these children and staff there at the hospital.
They don't care much about their employees
Security Guard (FT) (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 10, 2015
Ive been promised to be provided for 40 hours per week since i was hired and im still under 32.. they put a new employee on a shift i requested.. youre on a blind spot of csm or a manager after youre hired... all they care about is you show up for your shift and they will call you 1000 times if they need you but they barely answer if you need them
think yourself
not a great company

1 2 3 4

About Paladin Security

Paladin is a security super-company with resources and expertise that span all asset protection specialties. By establishing highly – Read more