Paladin Security Employee Reviews in Canada

Learned a lot
officer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 3, 2016
It was my first position in Fort Mac. Paladin is a great company, I learned a lot about security, they offer great benefits and opportunity for growth.
ok enviorement
Security guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 6, 2016
It was good to work with Paladin,but there was very little room to learn. There was no team work concept. I learn to be a good security guard with Paladin.
Most enjoyable part of this job was was I learn to communicate.
Pros
good salary
Cons
It's only good for extra money
Security (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 1, 2016
They don't offer a free training
No benefit
You need to work 6 months before you can apply forthe benefits and it' s not guaranteed that you will have it
Learning Environment
Security Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  TELUS 3777 Kingsway BURNABYJanuary 3, 2016
Working at Paladin has been a wonderful experience. Learnt a lot of new things and still learning everyday. Procedures and regulations are strict and must be followed. highly disciplined environment.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Salary
Working at a healthcare facility.
Health Care Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSJanuary 28, 2016
Typical day at work: Can be busy during the daytime shifts. Slower at night.
What you learn: Teamwork building, communication skills, emergency response, schedules, procedures, health and safety.
Management: Site supervisor is very good and efficient with schedules and fairness when it comes to wanting time off.
Hardest part: hours and day to night shift cycles.
Enjoyable part: gaining experience for personal growth. Learning new skills.
Pros
Experience gained, inside work.
Cons
Long hours, transistioning from day shifts to night shifts and vice versa.
Fun place with long hours.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 22, 2015
Fun workplace with supportive coworkers. 12 hour shift are really long but the coworkers make it fun and fast to go by. Everyone is always there for each other. Its all about customer service.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
long hours, salary is not enough
Great place to work with the ability for advancement and supportive management
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 19, 2016
Great place to work with the ability for advancement and supportive management who are willing to work with you to find a site that is a good fit for yourself.
fun place to work
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 8, 2016
-the days are never same and each shift present a challenge
-reports are always there which to me is a good day
-learned to maintain time
-management is very helpful and encourage advancement
-coworker always supported each other
-maintain policy at centennial college site
-we get to meet lots of new people
Team of highly dedicated and supportive professionals
Portfolio Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCMarch 24, 2016
Paladin Security is built on a foundation of hard working and dedicated professionals. The environment is demanding and fast paced but the satisfaction you get out of reactive or proactive planning earns all the reward.
Pros
Supportive and encouraging group to work with
Cons
A company that really cares about their employer
Break Guard (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 17, 2016
I would mostly go check in and watch mentally ill Patients or disabled. I would kindly escort them or be beside them wherever they desire to go. My co-workers are pretty fair with me and not very strict as long as I advised them first. Sometimes I get Patient that can watch movies and walk around, and sometime I get Patients that strictly cannot go anywhere except when they have to go to the bathroom.
Pros
I get three half-hour breaks which in total equals one in a half hour breaks
Cons
Sometimes the twelve hour shift seems long when you dont get a good night sleep
productive and intense environment to work
Extra Coverage Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 2, 2015
As a security guard, I gained a lot of experience dealing with different kind of sick patients and criminals. I handled the situation by firstly calling for back up and 911. Secondly, specially with the patients I had to make sure I am calm so that the patient stays calm. I have to make sure no sharp objects are near by for safety reasons for both of us, the guard and the patient. Lastly, the most enjoyable part of the job is when there are more than one guard on site so as to work in teams in more enjoyable than working alone.
Pros
Take my work seriously
Cons
I wouldn't reccomend this company to anyone
Parking Operation Center (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 22, 2016
This company is very poorly run and managed. Paladin works with Alberta Health Services. Instead of getting direct feed back from AHS on where to improve or what they'd like to see, AHS makes complaints to Paladin, who has no direct involvement with the job in question and can't provide much help to the employee and instead just relays the info. Communication is atrocious. Not enough training for some jobs.
Pros
there are no pros
Cons
12 hour shifts throw your sleeping pattern completely off.
would not recommend
dispatch (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 13, 2016
I was told when I was hired that there was a lot of room for advancement, I was also told that I would be able to flourish within the position I was given. I was 3 months in when they told me they were losing the contract and that I would be laid off but luckily that paladin would be able to relocate me. of course when I asked I was told there was nothing to be offered. they told me when hired that I would be a primary focus, that paladin cares only for their employees but in my small time here I have been shown otherwise.
Company Doesn't Seem To Care About Staff
Security/Mental Health Officer (Former Employee) –  TorontoJuly 26, 2015
Paladin offered great positions for experience moving forward. Paladin seems to take advantage of this by offering their employees the bare minimum in compensation.
Pros
Mental Health Experience
Cons
Terrible Yellow Uniform, Underpaid
Just bad
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 24, 2016
I was sharing equipment with another guard from another site and had to drive to the site to get it all and give it back at the end of my shift. Drive time was on my own time and with my own vehicle.
I was hired at one rate of pay and my first paycheck was $2/hr less. After talking to my manager, 2 paycheck later I still was $1/hr short. Talked to him again and the response was that 'You never had a contract."
So beware starting with them until you have YOUR copy of a signed contract.
Very independent
Healthcare Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Stony Plain, ABMarch 26, 2016
Had a lot of responsibility. Worked alone as a security guard in a hospital, watched cameras, did patrols.

Had to find time to fit my lunch in as I was the only security guard on duty
my job
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 2, 2016
My day is 12 hr days. I've learned the importance of safety and the importance of access control. The management go above and beyond to help my co workers and me. The team that I work with are eager and willing to offer help whether voluntarily or when I ask. The most difficult part of the job is actually not the job itself but with me. I try so hard to be perfect. The most enjoyable part of my day is knowing that the I do the best that I can to help make the company successful.
I love mu job
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, ONApril 21, 2016
I preform many patrols both on the interior and exterior of the site ensuring the safety of staff and visitors as well I am in charge of unlocking the main doors in the morning. My co-workers are supportive and informative and the management is very respectful and understanding. I thoroughly enjoy my job because the atmosphere is well mannered and the people I work with are professional.
Pros
One man site
Cons
One man site
very professional and enjoyable work place
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, ONApril 21, 2016
A work place that requires you to use law on your every shift. Very well managed and professional company. The most enjoyable part of working as a Security Officer with Paladin Security Group, is that everyday you get to meet new people, and experience different things that help you grow not only within the work environment, but as an individual as-well.
Pros
Lunch is paid
Cons
nothing
Great company to work for
DISC Site Supervisor Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCFebruary 24, 2016
I find that Pladin Security is a great company to work for, they care about their staff and treat everyone like family. There is lots of room for advancement. Everyone works as a team. Continuous training.