Paladin Security Employee Reviews in Canada

short and sweet
Security guard (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSAugust 17, 2016
Personally i would rather no say anything regarding my current workplace. I thoroughly enjoy being able to work at the hospitals and connecting with my clients and watching them progress.
Protecting can be difficult
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 17, 2016
I had a permanent post but it was overnight (6pm-6am). There was no room to improve on these hours or any way that it may lead to having days shift. I really enjoyed this site, because they're were lots of great people, and it was a college environment, which was great. But had to leave this site, when asked to be posted during days. After, I moved around a lot. Until I got this site that involved man-operating elevator. It was physically demanding. I left because of injury of repetitive movement and also due to a fall/trip.
Pros
Lots of understanding people, espicially in management
Cons
Difficult to have life balance depending on hours
The Paladin Indifference
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSAugust 7, 2016
Do not even apply to this company.
I made the mistake of being "employed" with this company and regret it. They'll hire you before you know it, and for good reason.
You have to pay for training, uniform, and important gear yourself.
They may say "Free" but really what they're doing is running up a tab(or an Investment as they call it) for you till they claw enough pay from you, which is the extent of the "Probationary Period" most likely.
If you see them, run.
If you're in the training process, pay your dues before they get you to pay for the uniform also, and then get out that door lickity split. I'm pretty sure most of their income
Please read all these other reviews also, they'll include things I've probably not mentioned.
Pros
semi-good training
Cons
Evil-Corporate Security Company, also $11/h? you can do much better!
A good starting point
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 2, 2016
Paladin is a good starting point, depending on what you are looking to get into. When I was first hired, I had to pick up random shifts at different sites until I was posted at one specific site. The pay is horrible, especially for what we have to do sometimes. However, if you can breathe and spell your name... they'll give you a job!!

If you need extra hours, there's always sites available. And their call centre will call you at all hours of the night, relentlessly asking you to take shifts all over the place.

When the company tells you they will reimburse you for something, always find out exact details... they tend to say they will but then say your site may not require whatever you've purchased and then you are out the money!
Pros
You have a job
Cons
Pay check is always short, they treat you like you are replaceable, uniform is uncomfortable
Friendly and approachable staff and positive work environment
ID Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Fort Mackay, ABJuly 23, 2016
It was very convenient staying at the same camp that I worked at. Our meals were included with the job and the rooms at the camp were very nice.
I learned how to use and operate the EBI computer system to process all employees.
The management team, as well as my coworkers were all very warm and inviting. If we ever needed any help or advice, we weren't afraid to ask and everyone was very helpful.
The hardest days were the slow days, when you got all your work done early and it wasn't very busy, so you had to find tasks to keep you busy.
I really loved talking to all the staff about there past experiences and day to day interactions with everyone. It made for a very positive and exciting work place.
Pros
Free room and board, as well as free meals in camp
Cons
Some slower days
Concerige
Concierge services (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 21, 2016
Enjoy working in a setting where I could interact with residents living in the building. Having duties to preform and conducting patrols hourly was enjoyable.
WAS great place to work.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSJuly 20, 2016
Was a fantastic place. Then a thing called favoritism came into play. The company is unfair and if your not one of the selected 'favorites' your going to be miserable! Don't bother complaining about things because they will make sure to flip it and blame you.
DONT WORK HERE!
Pros
Paid lunch.
Cons
Everything else.
very hard working
Shift Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 16, 2016
hard working and professional job is challenging at times but is educational and the team leads are always ready to give guidence and direction when needed. co workers are are always there and job knowing.
Great company name but poor management communication
Security Agent, September (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 15, 2016
Working for Paladin Security taught me a lot about security and protocol they even helped me get a licence. The company unfortunately isn't as concerned about its workers safety or their well being as much as they claim to be. Contacting management to make suggestions though encouraged it is difficult to do so from time to time and tends to paint a target on you. The hardest part about the job would be dealing with highly intoxicated or mentally ill vagrants who are tress passing. The people i worked with were great! Always on the same page, productive, great work ethic, and most importantly great communication and concern for each others well being. Your typical day would go along the lines of Walk in, fill out paper work and book on. Keep track of everything that you've done from time and place to actions taken and conditions or concerns you may have about a incident or possible incident that may occur if proper actions aren't taken to rectify, any urgent matter contact the proper person in charge of fixing it. Emphasis lies on Observe, Report and if possible Deter.
Pros
Great co- workers
Cons
Management isn't always able to resolve important safety hazards
I learned to out lay of the city.
Bylaw Peace Officer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 10, 2016
I no longer work for Paladin Security. It was a good job with great co-workers but for the work you do and the things you deal with on a daily basis, it just did not pay enough.
Pros
good crew to work with in the PED department.
Cons
daily abuse from citizens
It was really good place to work.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 8, 2016
It was a really good experience working with Paladin security. Working with Peace Officers and you can learn a lot from them. Lots of room to go upwards in Company.
Pros
Breaks are paid
Cons
Long Hours
discrimination in the company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  BCJuly 8, 2016
I thought pladain is great company, but when I went to the open house interview, I saw they give English test sheets everybody except white people!!!!
I said WTF is going on and through the papers and left.

How would you feel if you where in my situation???
Pros
Very bad company
Cons
I dont recommend it all
Great workplace
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCJuly 7, 2016
An ever changing place of work, always testing you knowledge and experience. Great Co-workers always there to help you.
Great career
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Yarmouth, NSJuly 6, 2016
I could not think of a better career choice than working for Paladin Security. I've only been with them as a Security Officer for only a short time but I have loved every minute of it!
Professional enviroment
Multi-Site Security Supervisor, NHS (Current Employee) –  Niagara RegionJune 20, 2016
I would recommend Paladin for development growth and a stepping stone towards careers in law enforcement / corrections and Canadian customs. The experience offered through Paladin has be proven time and again.
they failed me
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MBJune 16, 2016
seems fun but if you are the subject of a complaint they dont say who or what was said they judge you guilty without hearing your side
Lack of Advancement
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BCJune 3, 2016
Always searching for more hours; very hard to get "full time" consistent work it seems. Lots of uncompensated travel all over the place if you want additional work.
Fun Co Workers
Mobile Patrol Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCJune 1, 2016
Got along well with Co workers
management is oblivious to the lack of efficiency in the office.
The working environment was difficult and painful.
Pros
Cons
they film your every move, no trust in employees, bad pay for what we do. They don't truly care about our safety.
Hire everyone and employ no one...
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABMay 27, 2016
I was under the impression I was hired to work a full time job. Spent months on end with very little hours. Company does not place you where you can shine they place you where you are most aggravated and in the most danger. Promise benefits after 6 months but only if you work enough hours...which they don't give you! A real sugar show. Run screaming.
Pros
A new career
Cons
No hours
wronly terminated
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Halifax Regional Municipality, NSMay 25, 2016
I was wronly terminated from paladin. I filed a human rights case, after a year, I Won my case against Paladin security.
The working enviorment was difficult and painful.
Pros
Cons
many

2.9