Paladin Security Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Great company
Security Guard (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 26, 2016
Paladin trains very well and makes sure that you are completely ready for the job; they treat you like family and make sure that your needs are looked after
Just bad
Security Guard (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 24, 2016
I was sharing equipment with another guard from another site and had to drive to the site to get it all and give it back at the end of my shift. Drive time was on my own time and with my own vehicle.
I was hired at one rate of pay and my first paycheck was $2/hr less. After talking to my manager, 2 paycheck later I still was $1/hr short. Talked to him again and the response was that 'You never had a contract."
So beware starting with them until you have YOUR copy of a signed contract.
very professional and enjoyable work place
Security Officer (Current Employee), Georgetown, ONApril 21, 2016
Pros: Lunch is paid
Cons: nothing
A work place that requires you to use law on your every shift. Very well managed and professional company. The most enjoyable part of working as a Security Officer with Paladin Security Group, is that everyday you get to meet new people, and experience different things that help you grow not only within the work environment, but as an individual as-well.
I love mu job
Security Guard (Current Employee), Georgetown, ONApril 21, 2016
Pros: One man site
Cons: One man site
I preform many patrols both on the interior and exterior of the site ensuring the safety of staff and visitors as well I am in charge of unlocking the main doors in the morning. My co-workers are supportive and informative and the management is very respectful and understanding. I thoroughly enjoy my job because the atmosphere is well mannered and the people I work with are professional.
It was Ok
Security Officer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 20, 2016
Pros: Meet some great people and very easy work
Cons: no Advancement and case managers havent got a clue
The general culture and work/life balance is great
The Case management is terrible really don't care about there customers
Little to no advancement
while I was there $15/hr. was good but now that's minimum wage
Good place to work at
High Profile Security Officer (Former Employee), Halifax, NSApril 19, 2016
Pros: Professionalisum
Cons: work hours
Very professional staff and they are well trained. They provide you with adequate training to be able to perform the jobs well and they also consider any job related suggestions that you may have.
would not recommend
dispatch (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 13, 2016
I was told when I was hired that there was a lot of room for advancement, I was also told that I would be able to flourish within the position I was given. I was 3 months in when they told me they were losing the contract and that I would be laid off but luckily that paladin would be able to relocate me. of course when I asked I was told there was nothing to be offered. they told me when hired that I would be a primary focus, that paladin cares only for their employees but in my small time here I have been shown otherwise.
Security Guard (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONApril 6, 2016
Pros: lots of hours and free uniforms
Cons: lack of communication
The Company paladin is great if you are looking for a job with alot of hours and looking for some entry experience . uniforms are free
Learned a lot
officer (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABApril 3, 2016
It was my first position in Fort Mac. Paladin is a great company, I learned a lot about security, they offer great benefits and opportunity for growth.
It's only good for extra money
Security (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 1, 2016
They don't offer a free training
No benefit
You need to work 6 months before you can apply forthe benefits and it' s not guaranteed that you will have it
Very independent
Healthcare Security Guard (Former Employee), Stony Plain, ABMarch 26, 2016
Cons: Long hours
Had a lot of responsibility. Worked alone as a security guard in a hospital, watched cameras, did patrols.

Had to find time to fit my lunch in as I was the only security guard on duty
Team of highly dedicated and supportive professionals
Portfolio Resource Coordinator (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCMarch 24, 2016
Pros: Supportive and encouraging group to work with
Cons: Long hours
Paladin Security is built on a foundation of hard working and dedicated professionals. The environment is demanding and fast paced but the satisfaction you get out of reactive or proactive planning earns all the reward.
Excellent Professionalist
Security Guard / Mobile Patrol (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBMarch 24, 2016
A very well organized operational team that knows its job and fully aware of its industrial responsibilities. A very friendly team and staff of well-qualified professionals.
I wouldn't reccomend this company to anyone
Parking Operation Center (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 22, 2016
Pros: there are no pros
Cons: 12 hour shifts throw your sleeping pattern completely off.
This company is very poorly run and managed. Paladin works with Alberta Health Services. Instead of getting direct feed back from AHS on where to improve or what they'd like to see, AHS makes complaints to Paladin, who has no direct involvement with the job in question and can't provide much help to the employee and instead just relays the info. Communication is atrocious. Not enough training for some jobs.
Great place to work with the ability for advancement and supportive management
Security Guard (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 19, 2016
Great place to work with the ability for advancement and supportive management who are willing to work with you to find a site that is a good fit for yourself.
Very impressed with Professional Management and fellow Employees
Healthcare (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 18, 2016
Pros: Many.
Cons: None.
I am a relatively new employee of what is clearly the top rated company of Security Services in this country. Since I joined several months ago, I have nothing but positive vibes and things to say about everyone who is employed here. Thank you for making your new recruits feel like family.
A company that really cares about their employer
Break Guard (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 17, 2016
Pros: I get three half-hour breaks which in total equals one in a half hour breaks
Cons: Sometimes the twelve hour shift seems long when you dont get a good night sleep
I would mostly go check in and watch mentally ill Patients or disabled. I would kindly escort them or be beside them wherever they desire to go. My co-workers are pretty fair with me and not very strict as long as I advised them first. Sometimes I get Patient that can watch movies and walk around, and sometime I get Patients that strictly cannot go anywhere except when they have to go to the bathroom.
good place to work but need more training
Security Guard (Former Employee), Peace River, ABMarch 3, 2016
Pros: good employees
Cons: not enough training
I tried to hard to help everyone and in the end lost my job easy work always on nights and the nursing staff were great to work with
Great company to work for
DISC Site Supervisor Security Officer (Current Employee), Victoria, BCFebruary 24, 2016
I find that Pladin Security is a great company to work for, they care about their staff and treat everyone like family. There is lots of room for advancement. Everyone works as a team. Continuous training.
Hire more people than they need
Security Guard (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABFebruary 10, 2016
Pros: paid training
Cons: no hours of actual work
Hire everyone and employ no one. Once hired you get trained and then get almost nothing. Incompetent butt kisser made supervisor at one site. Same old office politics. Crummy wage considering you are always at some degree of risk.