Paladin Security Employee Reviews

Very stressful to work for.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Kelowna BC14 April 2017
Paladin Security is one of the worst companies I have ever worked for, management is micro managing everything even what you wear under you uniform and they threaten their employees constantly with write ups.
Pros
Cons
Very long hours
Money Managed
Healthcare Security Officer (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL12 April 2017
The St. John's office is 98% more concerned with how the profit margins are than how their employees are treated by the client and client staff. Half of the security staff hired had no previous experience in security let alone health care security
Pros
90% Medical benefit coverage
Cons
Lack of leadership, absolutely no employee support at all
excellent training
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 April 2017
great training program- company pays for lots of advanced training, brings in top instructors. Good flexibility with the schedule too. lots of different clients so you get a good variety of work.
Pros
lots of training
Cons
pay could be better
Great company for training purposes
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC7 April 2017
Although this is my current job I am personally feeling under utilized. I will not knack the company for receiving numerous training opportunities such as first aid certificates. I am currently working the graveyard shift from 11pm-7am where I feel underutilized, especially with my knowledge and experience of dealing with clients.
Pros
Training
Cons
Shift/schedule
intresting
SENIOR SECURITY OF SITE (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON5 April 2017
considering you need a college diploma I get paid very little. I do all the work at my site and I make no more than a person who has their ninety days in....interesting....no incentive to do a good job.
Terrible workplace in Edmonton
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 April 2017
Paladin Security is ridiculous. The management at Paladin (Edmonton Branch) is far worst then anywhere I've worked in my life. I have witnessed employees gossiped about, made fun off and rated by management personally. They seem great at first but all goes down hill fast! Ask anyone who has worked there for a lengthy time.

***If you are looking at this company like many others are for policing experience, look elsewhere.(Trust me, exemption of City Centre Mall)***
Pros
Not many... if you end up here look for a new job ASAP!
Cons
Horribly run branch in Edmonton. Stay away. Far away.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON4 April 2017
Good company to work for, management is good but pay could be better. Hours are good and they have many sites to work at. Overall a good place to start out at
terrible management
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 April 2017
if you are smarter than them they will do anything to humiliate you and will get rid of you. I worked with them for almost 4 years and was disappointed of how they treated me at the end
Night Guard
Night Guard (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 March 2017
Great company to work for , longs shifts always have something to do. always the same schedule so out of work life is very easy to manage. great environment would defiantly recommend
Fun and Exciting
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB29 March 2017
The first time i applied on this Concord Security and now it's Paladin security,because they already take over the Concord now.The people around me or my co-employee and they are nice co-worker and even my Supervisor too,they are helping each other.
Cons
12hrs
Healthcare security is great for law enforement
Healthcare Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 March 2017
Overall not a bad place to work if looking into law enforcement or corrections. You gather lots on hand on experience and work closely with staff while under a high stress high demand environment.
Poor management with no support
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS25 March 2017
I worked in a hospital setting with this company. The hours were long, often working 16 hour shifts. The pay was awful, 11.50 an hour to be attacked, spit on, bit, and often needing to engage in going hands on with violent patients. Also there was constant issues with security and other hospital staff with security being asked to carry out tasks which were not part of the contractual duties. Head office offered no support when dealing with such issues which caused a hostile feeling working environment with other hospital staff. If you needed to speak to someone in head office for anything it was nearly impossible.
And if you quit before your 6 month time period there is a 500 uniform fee which they will take from your paycheck. I left in March of last year and still have not received necessary paper work from this company. You are very much on your own when you work for Paladin. The only good thing that came out of my time there was meeting the other security officers that I worked with. They will become your lifeline while you work there, and you will learn the importance of trusting your co-workers.
Pros
security that you work with are great.
Cons
Literally everything else job related
Long Shifts
Hospital Security Guard (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON18 March 2017
Long shifts
Little pay
Poor Upper Management and no real communication
Terrific co workers
Good experience
Excellent Training options
Offers full time part time and Casual hours fro many locations
Terrible management, low pay rate
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS13 March 2017
i can only speak for the Halifax branch as i have only ever worked at this one and i personally think monkeys could run it better. The management does not care about their employees and make lots of promises that are not kept, the take advantage of new people and put them in extremely uncomfortable situations and doesn't both to even check to make sure everything is okay. Annual raises are promised and when the time comes for the raise and evaluation employees are told "The company cant afford to give their staff raises" .... This place is a joke and then they wonder why people do not take their jobs seriously
Pros
4 days off
Cons
long hours, poor pay, terrible management.
Encouraged learning of the specifics of security
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB10 March 2017
I see this company encouraging growth both in its management and in its employees. It will continue to improve its services as it seeks feedback from employees and clients.
Organized, professional, flexible
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 March 2017
The company is generally good. At times shifts are called off in the middle of work hours without compensation. Most of the on call staff gets shifts in Vancouver and travelling early morning on weekends is not possible because of unavailability of transit.
Pros
Flexible, organized, caring
Cons
Long distance shifts with no travel, food or parking coverage
I worked there at the museum, OK for temporary job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC8 March 2017
guard the BC Museum at different times night/days was very interesting job, I had a chance to get familiar with the guts of this place as well as the archives.
the job was good
Not recommended.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS8 March 2017
Management WILL pick and choose favourites, and ostracize the rest. Hours are reasonable, however unfavourable as I often was required to stay up to 16 hours a shift multiple times a month.
Pros
Healthcare Environment
Cons
Management faults, inequality for workers
Never a dull moment.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 March 2017
Paladin is known on resumes and highly looked at for specific career moves in and around the field. e.g policing and corrections are a huge move for a lot of employees.
On the other hand the staff are extremely under paid for the work environment they are expected to deal with on a daily. Also overwhelmingly understaffed and remainder of the staff are over worked to cover for lack of.
Pros
Great learning curve for corrections or policing
Cons
rate of pay/benefits and work hazards
The best company I've had a pleasure to work for
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS1 March 2017
*Halifax, NS Branch*

I can honestly say that this is one of the best companies I have had the pleasure to work for. Upper management truly cares about their staff. The upper management listens, and will help when they can. However, some field management/supervisors are quick to pull out their written warnings and report you, without your side of the story.

The company offers quite a lot of benefits for their employees. The only reason for the 3* for the Salary/Benefits is due to the low amount of raises handed out to employees. Whether it's been a year, or multiple years, it seems like they don't want to have to pay more out to their employees.
Pros
Management, Benefits, Atmosphere, Co-Workers
Cons
Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paladin Security. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8