Paladin Security Employee Reviews in Canada

Working at a healthcare facility.
Health Care Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSJanuary 28, 2016
Typical day at work: Can be busy during the daytime shifts. Slower at night.
What you learn: Teamwork building, communication skills, emergency response, schedules, procedures, health and safety.
Management: Site supervisor is very good and efficient with schedules and fairness when it comes to wanting time off.
Hardest part: hours and day to night shift cycles.
Enjoyable part: gaining experience for personal growth. Learning new skills.
Pros
Experience gained, inside work.
Cons
Long hours, transistioning from day shifts to night shifts and vice versa.
Great place to work with the ability for advancement and supportive management
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 19, 2016
Great place to work with the ability for advancement and supportive management who are willing to work with you to find a site that is a good fit for yourself.
fun place to work
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 8, 2016
-the days are never same and each shift present a challenge
-reports are always there which to me is a good day
-learned to maintain time
-management is very helpful and encourage advancement
-coworker always supported each other
-maintain policy at centennial college site
-we get to meet lots of new people
A good starting point
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 2, 2016
Paladin is a good starting point, depending on what you are looking to get into. When I was first hired, I had to pick up random shifts at different sites until I was posted at one specific site. The pay is horrible, especially for what we have to do sometimes. However, if you can breathe and spell your name... they'll give you a job!!

If you need extra hours, there's always sites available. And their call centre will call you at all hours of the night, relentlessly asking you to take shifts all over the place.

When the company tells you they will reimburse you for something, always find out exact details... they tend to say they will but then say your site may not require whatever you've purchased and then you are out the money!
Pros
You have a job
Cons
Pay check is always short, they treat you like you are replaceable, uniform is uncomfortable
The Paladin Indifference
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSAugust 7, 2016
Do not even apply to this company.
I made the mistake of being "employed" with this company and regret it. They'll hire you before you know it, and for good reason.
You have to pay for training, uniform, and important gear yourself.
They may say "Free" but really what they're doing is running up a tab(or an Investment as they call it) for you till they claw enough pay from you, which is the extent of the "Probationary Period" most likely.
If you see them, run.
If you're in the training process, pay your dues before they get you to pay for the uniform also, and then get out that door lickity split. I'm pretty sure most of their income
Please read all these other reviews also, they'll include things I've probably not mentioned.
Pros
semi-good training
Cons
Evil-Corporate Security Company, also $11/h? you can do much better!
Friendly and approachable staff and positive work environment
ID Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Fort Mackay, ABJuly 23, 2016
It was very convenient staying at the same camp that I worked at. Our meals were included with the job and the rooms at the camp were very nice.
I learned how to use and operate the EBI computer system to process all employees.
The management team, as well as my coworkers were all very warm and inviting. If we ever needed any help or advice, we weren't afraid to ask and everyone was very helpful.
The hardest days were the slow days, when you got all your work done early and it wasn't very busy, so you had to find tasks to keep you busy.
I really loved talking to all the staff about there past experiences and day to day interactions with everyone. It made for a very positive and exciting work place.
Pros
Free room and board, as well as free meals in camp
Cons
Some slower days
Protecting can be difficult
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 17, 2016
I had a permanent post but it was overnight (6pm-6am). There was no room to improve on these hours or any way that it may lead to having days shift. I really enjoyed this site, because they're were lots of great people, and it was a college environment, which was great. But had to leave this site, when asked to be posted during days. After, I moved around a lot. Until I got this site that involved man-operating elevator. It was physically demanding. I left because of injury of repetitive movement and also due to a fall/trip.
Pros
Lots of understanding people, espicially in management
Cons
Difficult to have life balance depending on hours
ok enviorement
Security guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 6, 2016
It was good to work with Paladin,but there was very little room to learn. There was no team work concept. I learn to be a good security guard with Paladin.
Most enjoyable part of this job was was I learn to communicate.
Pros
good salary
Cons
Patrol areas in charge, assist clients with closings and openings of their businesses, respond to alarms, assist work mates in their duties.
Mobile Officer (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCAugust 30, 2015
This company has a very strange work culture. Advancement is only offer to those that never question or suggest anything different to what upper management is currently doing. Therefore mistakes keep on repeating themselves and reinforced by the newly promoted junior managers.
Pros
Work authonomy
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities
Learned a lot
officer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 3, 2016
It was my first position in Fort Mac. Paladin is a great company, I learned a lot about security, they offer great benefits and opportunity for growth.
Team of highly dedicated and supportive professionals
Portfolio Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCMarch 24, 2016
Paladin Security is built on a foundation of hard working and dedicated professionals. The environment is demanding and fast paced but the satisfaction you get out of reactive or proactive planning earns all the reward.
Pros
Supportive and encouraging group to work with
Cons
Great company name but poor management communication
Security Agent, September (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 15, 2016
Working for Paladin Security taught me a lot about security and protocol they even helped me get a licence. The company unfortunately isn't as concerned about its workers safety or their well being as much as they claim to be. Contacting management to make suggestions though encouraged it is difficult to do so from time to time and tends to paint a target on you. The hardest part about the job would be dealing with highly intoxicated or mentally ill vagrants who are tress passing. The people i worked with were great! Always on the same page, productive, great work ethic, and most importantly great communication and concern for each others well being. Your typical day would go along the lines of Walk in, fill out paper work and book on. Keep track of everything that you've done from time and place to actions taken and conditions or concerns you may have about a incident or possible incident that may occur if proper actions aren't taken to rectify, any urgent matter contact the proper person in charge of fixing it. Emphasis lies on Observe, Report and if possible Deter.
Pros
Great co- workers
Cons
Management isn't always able to resolve important safety hazards
my job
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 2, 2016
My day is 12 hr days. I've learned the importance of safety and the importance of access control. The management go above and beyond to help my co workers and me. The team that I work with are eager and willing to offer help whether voluntarily or when I ask. The most difficult part of the job is actually not the job itself but with me. I try so hard to be perfect. The most enjoyable part of my day is knowing that the I do the best that I can to help make the company successful.
A company that really cares about their employer
Break Guard (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 17, 2016
I would mostly go check in and watch mentally ill Patients or disabled. I would kindly escort them or be beside them wherever they desire to go. My co-workers are pretty fair with me and not very strict as long as I advised them first. Sometimes I get Patient that can watch movies and walk around, and sometime I get Patients that strictly cannot go anywhere except when they have to go to the bathroom.
Pros
I get three half-hour breaks which in total equals one in a half hour breaks
Cons
Sometimes the twelve hour shift seems long when you dont get a good night sleep
productive and intense environment to work
Extra Coverage Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 2, 2015
As a security guard, I gained a lot of experience dealing with different kind of sick patients and criminals. I handled the situation by firstly calling for back up and 911. Secondly, specially with the patients I had to make sure I am calm so that the patient stays calm. I have to make sure no sharp objects are near by for safety reasons for both of us, the guard and the patient. Lastly, the most enjoyable part of the job is when there are more than one guard on site so as to work in teams in more enjoyable than working alone.
Pros
Take my work seriously
Cons
Great company to work for
DISC Site Supervisor Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCFebruary 24, 2016
I find that Pladin Security is a great company to work for, they care about their staff and treat everyone like family. There is lots of room for advancement. Everyone works as a team. Continuous training.
Very independent
Healthcare Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Stony Plain, ABMarch 26, 2016
Had a lot of responsibility. Worked alone as a security guard in a hospital, watched cameras, did patrols.

Had to find time to fit my lunch in as I was the only security guard on duty
Cons
It's only good for extra money
Security (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 1, 2016
They don't offer a free training
No benefit
You need to work 6 months before you can apply forthe benefits and it' s not guaranteed that you will have it
I wouldn't reccomend this company to anyone
Parking Operation Center (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 22, 2016
This company is very poorly run and managed. Paladin works with Alberta Health Services. Instead of getting direct feed back from AHS on where to improve or what they'd like to see, AHS makes complaints to Paladin, who has no direct involvement with the job in question and can't provide much help to the employee and instead just relays the info. Communication is atrocious. Not enough training for some jobs.
Pros
there are no pros
Cons
12 hour shifts throw your sleeping pattern completely off.
would not recommend
dispatch (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 13, 2016
I was told when I was hired that there was a lot of room for advancement, I was also told that I would be able to flourish within the position I was given. I was 3 months in when they told me they were losing the contract and that I would be laid off but luckily that paladin would be able to relocate me. of course when I asked I was told there was nothing to be offered. they told me when hired that I would be a primary focus, that paladin cares only for their employees but in my small time here I have been shown otherwise.

2.9