Paladin Security Employee Reviews

Horrible employer Good experience for another career
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  various sites in albertaSeptember 24, 2016
Horrible wages that they lie about when you join. High turn over rate for a very good reason. Does not give you the PPE you need for the job and does not compensate you when you purchase what you need yourself. Promises you a uniform and only gives you half. Employer treats employees like garbage.
Pros
will pay for your security license
Cons
does not give needed PPE does not pay well for the risks you face daily.
Decent company
Security Officer/ Acting Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 24, 2016
outsourced security at its best. good support and training. will relocate the employees to different sites to find the right match
Great place to work for full time students.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 22, 2016
This job is great learning experience and provides me with an opportunity to practice in my field of study. A typical shift could range from dealing with clients in mental/emotional distress to dealing with access control.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Lack of shifts, unreliability of shift.
Chaotic, unorganized and uncaring.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBSeptember 19, 2016
You're just a number to them you get sent to a site and literally all they tell you is go there. There are most of the time no further details, have to inquire, am I being relieved? Where do I get the key? How should I take my brakes? What if I'm hungry? Where's the a bathroom, is it functioning if not what should I do when I must go? Etc.
Pros
Easy undemanding work
Cons
Bad management, unorganized staff, bad tracking systems of employees, low pay
good
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCSeptember 15, 2016
Its good company and having professional approach towards all employees and clients . I learned work culture of Canada. Management is good. some co worker are good and some are bad. Hardest part is working long hours while standing.Public relation is enjoyable part .
Pros
Professionalism
Cons
Long Hours
Say no to parking
security officer /parking enforcement officer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 14, 2016
If you must work wirh this company. Stay with the health care or security posting. Stay away from the parking enforcement side. It is a separate office and has tons of internal office issues. Management is terrible and head office does nothing. ...
Pros
money
Cons
people will not like your job, ridiculous office politics, feels like high school, Management is B.S.
Good Job, but with Some Setbacks
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABSeptember 14, 2016
I've worked at this career for almost two years and I'd say it has been an overall positive experience. The compensation is generous, and the work is rewarding and exciting. The healthcare position I worked had 12 hour shifts which could tend to drag on at times, but constant activity could make the shifts fly by at times, and a four day weekend every week can't be beat.
Cons
Long hours, dangerous
Nice company. Management ok. Lots of hours available
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONSeptember 13, 2016
Salary is low just like most security companies. Management are pretty good for people that work hard. Lots of hours available. Promotion within. Lots of opportunites. Dont apply here if your looking for a free ride.
One of the best
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  BCSeptember 10, 2016
Only issue is that company do not commit assurance of work hrs - which is base line for those who are responsible to run families.
Pros
Best of best
Cons
Keeps worker insecure
Long Hours
Patient Watch Guard (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 9, 2016
Worked as a security guard in hospitals of Alberta, Calgary.
Followed the AHS guidlines.
The work was stressful but internally rewarding.
This type of work taught me a lot about handling various situations.

The main Cons were the Long 12 hr shifts.
High Profile (Retail) Security Agent
High Profile (Retail) Security Agent (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 7, 2016
A typical day starts 15 minutes before shift start with a call into Operation booking on your shift and filling out your notebook. After that all sites vary greatly but you expect to have be walking constantly, and keeping track of your movements, interaction and incidents. This is because you are an agent (not an officer) of the property and as such act with the authority of the property owner. Its an enjoyable job with lots of possibilities to work both inside and outside. Training and Certifications (except the criminal background check) will provided or paid for by Paladin. The administrative staff do have a very tough job, but will try to work with you to develop a schedule around your needs. The General Public interactions you will probably have if work in highly public places will involving name calling and dealing with aggressive individuals.
Pros
4 days on, 4 days off, all the overtime you want
Cons
Long Days, Very Erratic Daily Events
discrimination in the company (Manitoba)
Security guard (Former Employee) –  ManitobaSeptember 3, 2016
They don't hire disability people,

Human rights should check into this.

This company don't deserve Cilents, I hope the cilents will find this useful.
Pros
Career promotion
Cons
Poor management
Not the worst
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ONSeptember 2, 2016
Not a bad company to work for. Pay sucks, but still like 100x better than a certain company I used worked for. (who shall remain nameless)
Operations Manager
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort mcmurraySeptember 2, 2016
Responsible for 250 employees on site and worked very close on
payroll and Scheduling.
working close with the client and meet their expectations.
The most i liked on the job was the fast past and interaction with all the people.
Pros
interaction with people
Monotonous
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABAugust 30, 2016
Patient watch- sit/follow for 12hrs a day/night watching and logging patients actions/interactions. Shifts 4on 4off

Rural Hospitals- patrol interior and exterior of hospital every hr for 12hrs. Shifts 4on 4off

Park Place Mall- continuous patrols around mall, prevent thefts, make arrests when needed, escort unwanted patrons off site, issue bans when needed. 8hr shifts
Cons
long hrs, working with a lot of kids
Great Experience
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ONAugust 29, 2016
Reports, investigates and identifies all potential risks
Enforcement of all College policies and regulations
Initiate and participate in emergency response
Parking Enforcement
Defusing Aggressive Situations
Daily cash services deposits
short and sweet
Security guard (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSAugust 17, 2016
Personally i would rather no say anything regarding my current workplace. I thoroughly enjoy being able to work at the hospitals and connecting with my clients and watching them progress.
Protecting can be difficult
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 17, 2016
I had a permanent post but it was overnight (6pm-6am). There was no room to improve on these hours or any way that it may lead to having days shift. I really enjoyed this site, because they're were lots of great people, and it was a college environment, which was great. But had to leave this site, when asked to be posted during days. After, I moved around a lot. Until I got this site that involved man-operating elevator. It was physically demanding. I left because of injury of repetitive movement and also due to a fall/trip.
Pros
Lots of understanding people, espicially in management
Cons
Difficult to have life balance depending on hours
The Paladin Indifference
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSAugust 7, 2016
Do not even apply to this company.
I made the mistake of being "employed" with this company and regret it. They'll hire you before you know it, and for good reason.
You have to pay for training, uniform, and important gear yourself.
They may say "Free" but really what they're doing is running up a tab(or an Investment as they call it) for you till they claw enough pay from you, which is the extent of the "Probationary Period" most likely.
If you see them, run.
If you're in the training process, pay your dues before they get you to pay for the uniform also, and then get out that door lickity split. I'm pretty sure most of their income
Please read all these other reviews also, they'll include things I've probably not mentioned.
Pros
semi-good training
Cons
Evil-Corporate Security Company, also $11/h? you can do much better!
A good starting point
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 2, 2016
Paladin is a good starting point, depending on what you are looking to get into. When I was first hired, I had to pick up random shifts at different sites until I was posted at one specific site. The pay is horrible, especially for what we have to do sometimes. However, if you can breathe and spell your name... they'll give you a job!!

If you need extra hours, there's always sites available. And their call centre will call you at all hours of the night, relentlessly asking you to take shifts all over the place.

When the company tells you they will reimburse you for something, always find out exact details... they tend to say they will but then say your site may not require whatever you've purchased and then you are out the money!
Pros
You have a job
Cons
Pay check is always short, they treat you like you are replaceable, uniform is uncomfortable

2.9