Paladin Security Employee Reviews

Never a dull moment.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 March 2017
Paladin is known on resumes and highly looked at for specific career moves in and around the field. e.g policing and corrections are a huge move for a lot of employees.
On the other hand the staff are extremely under paid for the work environment they are expected to deal with on a daily. Also overwhelmingly understaffed and remainder of the staff are over worked to cover for lack of.
Pros
Great learning curve for corrections or policing
Cons
rate of pay/benefits and work hazards
Terrible management, low pay rate
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS13 March 2017
i can only speak for the Halifax branch as i have only ever worked at this one and i personally think monkeys could run it better. The management does not care about their employees and make lots of promises that are not kept, the take advantage of new people and put them in extremely uncomfortable situations and doesn't both to even check to make sure everything is okay. Annual raises are promised and when the time comes for the raise and evaluation employees are told "The company cant afford to give their staff raises" .... This place is a joke and then they wonder why people do not take their jobs seriously
Pros
4 days off
Cons
long hours, poor pay, terrible management.
The best company I've had a pleasure to work for
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS1 March 2017
*Halifax, NS Branch*

I can honestly say that this is one of the best companies I have had the pleasure to work for. Upper management truly cares about their staff. The upper management listens, and will help when they can. However, some field management/supervisors are quick to pull out their written warnings and report you, without your side of the story.

The company offers quite a lot of benefits for their employees. The only reason for the 3* for the Salary/Benefits is due to the low amount of raises handed out to employees. Whether it's been a year, or multiple years, it seems like they don't want to have to pay more out to their employees.
Pros
Management, Benefits, Atmosphere, Co-Workers
Cons
Pay
not great to work for
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS28 February 2017
this company was ridiculous they pay min wage basically for you to get punched kicked spit grabbed bite and so on for 11 to 12 bucks an hour. also do not ask for good reference because the don't believe in that. I worked little over a year for them an they don't appreciate anything . not worth the time or money investing in this company.
Pros
nothing
Cons
lucky to get a break, expect to get assulted by clients and verbally assulted by managment
Not a bad company to work for
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB30 January 2017
Not a bad company to work for - have certainly worked for some that are much worse, Cannot give them 5 stars because: Management could use some improvement - promote from within seemingly without much regard as to skills and abilities. Unless you are fortunate to be posted to a site with regular hours you may be scrambling to make ends meet financially. If the company loses a contract you could find yourself without enough hours to earn a livable wage.
Pros
If you enjoy dealing with people many sites will give you lots of people contact
Cons
Instability, shift work
Productive workplace
Healthcare Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 January 2017
A typical day at work for myself would be patrolling the building, door lock-ups, assisting with mental health patients, monitoring parking lots, and patient watches.

The most enjoyable part of the job is receiving satisfaction from the employees and satisfaction of a safe environment.

As for the management, it was fine.

As for co-workers, they are all easy to get along with and I enjoy working with them.
Productive and Enjoyable place to work
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 January 2017

As for the management, it was fine. I worked with a higher level of management, although they are hard to get a hold of. For example, once you request something, it is difficult to receive an answer.

Job was sometimes fun and the management at times were good.
Secuity professional (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 February 2017
A typical day at work involved doing regular patrols to make sure the site was safe and secure or driving to different sites doing the same thing.
I learned how to be observant and be in constant communication with my colleagues and debriefing them on important information before starting their shifts.
Pros
Job was flexible
Cons
Management wasn't always good
Organized, professional, flexible
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 March 2017
The company is generally good. At times shifts are called off in the middle of work hours without compensation. Most of the on call staff gets shifts in Vancouver and travelling early morning on weekends is not possible because of unavailability of transit.
Pros
Flexible, organized, caring
Cons
Long distance shifts with no travel, food or parking coverage
It was a good city job.
Dispatching/Team-lead (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 December 2016
The job was based in a hospital called Albert Hospital, which was located 10 min away from my house. I was dispatching for hospital security and peace officers to emergency situations in the hospital.

The hours were draining and getting days off would be hard to receive.
Even though it would get hard and overwhelming in a fast paced environment, i loved the job and it was a way for me to help others and making sure that clients, patients and staff were safe and comfortable.
Great place to work with friendly coworkers and management
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 December 2016
At Paladin security I was able to learn a lot about how to deal with unwanted and unsavory individuals including street people. Access control and contractor assistance was a great part of my day as I was able to create good relationships. Guiding the general public to destinations in the area was a forte of mine and and I really enjoyed it.
Pros
Able to help and meet lots of interesting local people
Overall negative experience
Weekend Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 January 2017
The training is sub par, your instructor will be late everyday after explaining the importance of arriving early. Only the Basic Security training and any first aid training they give you is applicable to the outside world. The rest of it just paperwork to prove you have been informed of certain situations and the "procedures" behind them. The CSM's vary from blunt and obnoxious to timid and limp, there is zero continuity within any level of management. My past experience was overlooked arbitrarily, and I was constantly spoken down to with my optimal work being ignored and any and every mistake over analyzed and scrutinized heavily. Lastly, payroll will mess up indefinitely on anything to do.with a paycheque. Work here for yourself, and at your own risk.
Pros
Access to restricted information and nifty things
Cons
Read the review
Mature and Reliable
Security Sites Supervisor for ATCO (Former Employee) –  Calgary AB28 February 2017
A good mature,steady, reliable, long time supervisor/management employee fit for a Security company going forward. Ran(7 years) the whole southern operation for ATCO Frontec Security before it was sold to Paladin which I stayed for another 7 years.
Pros
putting in a productive/good days work
easy job, low pay
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 November 2016
Usually, a day consists of watching cameras and doing patrols. I learnt to be more pro active and confident. it is managed fairly well and the people that I work with are easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job is not being bored and being able to deal with problems. The easiest part of the job is answering phiones and watching cameras.
Pros
easy, good opportunity
Cons
low pay, boring shiftd
Great Experience but Needs Rearrangement
Security Guard - Valley Regional Hospital (Current Employee) –  Kentville, NS1 December 2016
I loved my work, but there was no way of flexibility in terms of hours. I advise the management to consider switching their shift work to three 8 hour rotations rather than two 12 hour rotations. I believe they would have a lot more people interested in taking shifts if that were the case.
Terrible work environment and a high turnover rate.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 February 2017
See above. No one stays here long, the pay is terrible for the duties you have to deal with especially in healthcare. You always have to watch your back with people on site level and higher ups because they will try to stab you in the back.
Not recommended.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS8 March 2017
Management WILL pick and choose favourites, and ostracize the rest. Hours are reasonable, however unfavourable as I often was required to stay up to 16 hours a shift multiple times a month.
Pros
Healthcare Environment
Cons
Management faults, inequality for workers
Pays the rent
Healthcare Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC6 December 2016
Rumours are that Paladin gets its contracts by under paying their employees. However, it is one of the easier jobs to get out there and can advance you to other careers ( so i have heard).
Pros
Good employees
Cons
Management treats employees more like units of profit rather than human beings.
Horrible employer Good experience for another career
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  various sites in alberta24 September 2016
Horrible wages that they lie about when you join. High turn over rate for a very good reason. Does not give you the PPE you need for the job and does not compensate you when you purchase what you need yourself. Promises you a uniform and only gives you half. Employer treats employees like garbage.
Pros
will pay for your security license
Cons
does not give needed PPE does not pay well for the risks you face daily.
They hire everyone and employ no one
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB5 February 2017
Hire everyone that walks in the door and then you sit and wait for work. Unsafe work conditions alot of the time and major harassment from male Co workers when you finally get hours.
Pros
Not physically demanding
Cons
No scheduled hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paladin Security. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8