Paladin Security Employee Reviews

Too many staff
Mobile (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 May 2017
Terrible, even worse since they bought a Concord. Too many staff (especially in mobile), terrible management that don't communicate with staff, and too high expectations for the pay. High turnover rate for a reason.
Pros
Terrible management
Cons
Good coworkers who are in the same boat trying to get out
Great Experiance
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC23 May 2017
I enjoyed working at Paladin. It was a great experience working with them, but it was difficult to find shifts some times that worked with my preferences. It was a great experience and I gained lots of skills, however, it was not really my desired field to work in.
Pros
Experiance and skills gained.
Cons
Really far to travel.
Cheap labour wanted
Patient Watch Attendant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON10 May 2017
If you like working 12 hour shifts for minimum wage, while getting yelled at by people, with no real aspect of job advancement, then look no further! Paladin security will pretty much hire anyone.
Pros
1 hour lunch (Mandatory by legislation)
Cons
Lots of sitting or standing, get yelled at by people, possibly attacked, blamed for everything
Good job
Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 May 2017
It is a good place to work. The management is pretty good most of the time. Keep to yourself though, gossip spreads likely wildfire. Make sure if you need a doctor note from injuries or being sick, that they refund you your money. Its in the contract.
Pros
Mask fitting.
Pay to little,
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON6 May 2017
Low wages for all the work. There is opportunity to advance if you work hard, but when starting out so low wages makes it hard to keep the job or give it the attention it needs because you need to work 2 jobs to keep up.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Low wages for large contracts.
Did Not Enjoy
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 May 2017
They did not seem to have things under control. Did not enjoy working for the company and would not suggest it to anyone else, as the experiences I had they did not seem to know what they were doing and everything was a mess.
If youre looking for employment as a security professional stay clear
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 May 2017
Was thrown from job site to job site expected to learn post orders in little time without training. Co workers talked about how much they hated management.

The mangement would blame you for every little mistake you had no control over and threaten to let you go

No parking for employees

Salary is at the absolute lowest

High turn over rate. Expect to see alot of people come and go
Pros
Cons
Management and lack of training
Invoice companies a lot but pay you peanuts and buttons in return
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS2 May 2017
No matter your experience in the security/law enforcement industry they start you at a few cents over minimum wage and the "danger" pay is $0.25 more.. If you love getting choked, spit on, scratched, attacked without protective gear, and yelled at for minimum wage then this is the job for you! The company that had the hospital contracts before Paladin were paying their guards $15 an hour because the work can be dangerous in many ways. It's amazing anyone working for Paladin in those conditions for such little pay take pride in their work. Even though Paladin is a big company with a revenue $100 to $500 million a year, they want you to pay for your uniform, and training if you don't stay with the company for 6 months or something. I wasted so much time in training and I wish I could have that time back. Management is slimy and deceiving too. Don't work for them.
Pros
Getting choked
Cons
Very low wage
Serious workplace
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 May 2017
They are one of the most professional security companies I've worked for by far. The work sites are very tough at times due to shift work but the team you work with are great. You will get amazing experience when working with Paladin security, especially if you're going for a Policing field of work.
Good People, Good Management, Dangerous Work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON28 April 2017
Paladin is a holding pen for security agency prospects. The work is very dangerous for very little pay, but the teams can be great to work with. Management is very client focused and will likely sideline your jobs as punishment leaving you with unstable work hours.
Pros
Good Work Crew
Cons
Dangerous, Long Hours, Bad Pay, Unsympathetic Management
Colleaques are great to work with
Security Guard At Greater Niagara General Hospital (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON27 April 2017
Colleaques are great. We back each other up. Long Hours, upgraded skills through online courses at Paladin Security. Work days 12 hr shifts 2 weeks of days and two weeks of nights. Every other weekend off. Work in hospital enviroment where we can have different situations we can deal with.
Pros
Bennefits
Cons
Very stressful to work for.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Kelowna BC14 April 2017
Paladin Security is one of the worst companies I have ever worked for, management is micro managing everything even what you wear under you uniform and they threaten their employees constantly with write ups.
Pros
Cons
Very long hours
Money Managed
Healthcare Security Officer (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL12 April 2017
The St. John's office is 98% more concerned with how the profit margins are than how their employees are treated by the client and client staff. Half of the security staff hired had no previous experience in security let alone health care security
Pros
90% Medical benefit coverage
Cons
Lack of leadership, absolutely no employee support at all
excellent training
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 April 2017
great training program- company pays for lots of advanced training, brings in top instructors. Good flexibility with the schedule too. lots of different clients so you get a good variety of work.
Pros
lots of training
Cons
pay could be better
Great company for training purposes
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC7 April 2017
Although this is my current job I am personally feeling under utilized. I will not knack the company for receiving numerous training opportunities such as first aid certificates. I am currently working the graveyard shift from 11pm-7am where I feel underutilized, especially with my knowledge and experience of dealing with clients.
Pros
Training
Cons
Shift/schedule
intresting
SENIOR SECURITY OF SITE (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON5 April 2017
considering you need a college diploma I get paid very little. I do all the work at my site and I make no more than a person who has their ninety days in....interesting....no incentive to do a good job.
Terrible workplace in Edmonton
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 April 2017
Paladin Security is ridiculous. The management at Paladin (Edmonton Branch) is far worst then anywhere I've worked in my life. I have witnessed employees gossiped about, made fun off and rated by management personally. They seem great at first but all goes down hill fast! Ask anyone who has worked there for a lengthy time.

***If you are looking at this company like many others are for policing experience, look elsewhere.(Trust me, exemption of City Centre Mall)***
Pros
Not many... if you end up here look for a new job ASAP!
Cons
Horribly run branch in Edmonton. Stay away. Far away.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON4 April 2017
Good company to work for, management is good but pay could be better. Hours are good and they have many sites to work at. Overall a good place to start out at
terrible management
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 April 2017
if you are smarter than them they will do anything to humiliate you and will get rid of you. I worked with them for almost 4 years and was disappointed of how they treated me at the end
Night Guard
Night Guard (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 March 2017
Great company to work for , longs shifts always have something to do. always the same schedule so out of work life is very easy to manage. great environment would defiantly recommend

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paladin Security. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8