Paladin Security Employee Reviews in Canada

Protecting can be difficult
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 17, 2016
I had a permanent post but it was overnight (6pm-6am). There was no room to improve on these hours or any way that it may lead to having days shift. I really enjoyed this site, because they're were lots of great people, and it was a college environment, which was great. But had to leave this site, when asked to be posted during days. After, I moved around a lot. Until I got this site that involved man-operating elevator. It was physically demanding. I left because of injury of repetitive movement and also due to a fall/trip.
Pros
Lots of understanding people, espicially in management
Cons
Difficult to have life balance depending on hours
The Paladin Indifference
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSAugust 7, 2016
Do not even apply to this company.
I made the mistake of being "employed" with this company and regret it. They'll hire you before you know it, and for good reason.
You have to pay for training, uniform, and important gear yourself.
They may say "Free" but really what they're doing is running up a tab(or an Investment as they call it) for you till they claw enough pay from you, which is the extent of the "Probationary Period" most likely.
If you see them, run.
If you're in the training process, pay your dues before they get you to pay for the uniform also, and then get out that door lickity split. I'm pretty sure most of their income
Please read all these other reviews also, they'll include things I've probably not mentioned.
Pros
semi-good training
Cons
Evil-Corporate Security Company, also $11/h? you can do much better!
Friendly and approachable staff and positive work environment
ID Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Fort Mackay, ABJuly 23, 2016
It was very convenient staying at the same camp that I worked at. Our meals were included with the job and the rooms at the camp were very nice.
I learned how to use and operate the EBI computer system to process all employees.
The management team, as well as my coworkers were all very warm and inviting. If we ever needed any help or advice, we weren't afraid to ask and everyone was very helpful.
The hardest days were the slow days, when you got all your work done early and it wasn't very busy, so you had to find tasks to keep you busy.
I really loved talking to all the staff about there past experiences and day to day interactions with everyone. It made for a very positive and exciting work place.
Pros
Free room and board, as well as free meals in camp
Cons
Some slower days
A good starting point
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCAugust 2, 2016
Paladin is a good starting point, depending on what you are looking to get into. When I was first hired, I had to pick up random shifts at different sites until I was posted at one specific site. The pay is horrible, especially for what we have to do sometimes. However, if you can breathe and spell your name... they'll give you a job!!

If you need extra hours, there's always sites available. And their call centre will call you at all hours of the night, relentlessly asking you to take shifts all over the place.

When the company tells you they will reimburse you for something, always find out exact details... they tend to say they will but then say your site may not require whatever you've purchased and then you are out the money!
Pros
You have a job
Cons
Pay check is always short, they treat you like you are replaceable, uniform is uncomfortable
Hire everyone and employ no one...
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABMay 27, 2016
I was under the impression I was hired to work a full time job. Spent months on end with very little hours. Company does not place you where you can shine they place you where you are most aggravated and in the most danger. Promise benefits after 6 months but only if you work enough hours...which they don't give you! A real sugar show. Run screaming.
Pros
A new career
Cons
No hours
Just bad
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 24, 2016
I was sharing equipment with another guard from another site and had to drive to the site to get it all and give it back at the end of my shift. Drive time was on my own time and with my own vehicle.
I was hired at one rate of pay and my first paycheck was $2/hr less. After talking to my manager, 2 paycheck later I still was $1/hr short. Talked to him again and the response was that 'You never had a contract."
So beware starting with them until you have YOUR copy of a signed contract.
A Professional and Well Organized Company
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 21, 2016
Always looked forward to going into work as it was a great environment, with a great staff. I learned a lot, about how to deal with a variety of situations, such as aggravated patients or visitors; learned how to restrain patient, if needed. developed my interpersonal and communication skills and overall improved myself as an individual.
I love mu job
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, ONApril 21, 2016
I preform many patrols both on the interior and exterior of the site ensuring the safety of staff and visitors as well I am in charge of unlocking the main doors in the morning. My co-workers are supportive and informative and the management is very respectful and understanding. I thoroughly enjoy my job because the atmosphere is well mannered and the people I work with are professional.
Pros
One man site
Cons
One man site
Strong Culture, Lots of valuable experiences and training
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABMay 18, 2016
The people I worked with and the challenges each day provided were the reason i loved coming into work every day. The pay was good, team spirit and comradeship was high and even though it was long hours and I was exhausted, I knew my time was well spent and I was able to show the uniform with respect, honor and pride.
very professional and enjoyable work place
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, ONApril 21, 2016
A work place that requires you to use law on your every shift. Very well managed and professional company. The most enjoyable part of working as a Security Officer with Paladin Security Group, is that everyday you get to meet new people, and experience different things that help you grow not only within the work environment, but as an individual as-well.
Pros
Lunch is paid
Cons
nothing
would not recommend
dispatch (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 13, 2016
I was told when I was hired that there was a lot of room for advancement, I was also told that I would be able to flourish within the position I was given. I was 3 months in when they told me they were losing the contract and that I would be laid off but luckily that paladin would be able to relocate me. of course when I asked I was told there was nothing to be offered. they told me when hired that I would be a primary focus, that paladin cares only for their employees but in my small time here I have been shown otherwise.
WAS great place to work.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSJuly 20, 2016
Was a fantastic place. Then a thing called favoritism came into play. The company is unfair and if your not one of the selected 'favorites' your going to be miserable! Don't bother complaining about things because they will make sure to flip it and blame you.
DONT WORK HERE!
Pros
Paid lunch.
Cons
Everything else.
Thought it was going to be a great place to start a career but was wrong
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, ABMay 16, 2016
I am working at a hospital at the moment so they give you health care training which is provided, that is a plus but other than that if you want to expand your horizons ( verbal judo, PPCT ) to help protect yourself better it really is not going to happen
Pros
Benefits, Experience
Cons
everything else
discrimination in the company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  BCJuly 8, 2016
I thought pladain is great company, but when I went to the open house interview, I saw they give English test sheets everybody except white people!!!!
I said WTF is going on and through the papers and left.

How would you feel if you where in my situation???
Pros
Very bad company
Cons
I dont recommend it all
I wouldn't reccomend this company to anyone
Parking Operation Center (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 22, 2016
This company is very poorly run and managed. Paladin works with Alberta Health Services. Instead of getting direct feed back from AHS on where to improve or what they'd like to see, AHS makes complaints to Paladin, who has no direct involvement with the job in question and can't provide much help to the employee and instead just relays the info. Communication is atrocious. Not enough training for some jobs.
Pros
there are no pros
Cons
12 hour shifts throw your sleeping pattern completely off.
A company that really cares about their employer
Break Guard (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 17, 2016
I would mostly go check in and watch mentally ill Patients or disabled. I would kindly escort them or be beside them wherever they desire to go. My co-workers are pretty fair with me and not very strict as long as I advised them first. Sometimes I get Patient that can watch movies and walk around, and sometime I get Patients that strictly cannot go anywhere except when they have to go to the bathroom.
Pros
I get three half-hour breaks which in total equals one in a half hour breaks
Cons
Sometimes the twelve hour shift seems long when you dont get a good night sleep
Vast amount of learning curves and experience
Security Guard - Mental Health (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 22, 2016
Fast paced environment working in a hospital facility. Dealing with all staff members and issues in the majority of the facility. Because of a strong bond among different teams and casuals work becomes a enjoyable environment.
Cons
Very long hours
I learned to out lay of the city.
Bylaw Peace Officer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 10, 2016
I no longer work for Paladin Security. It was a good job with great co-workers but for the work you do and the things you deal with on a daily basis, it just did not pay enough.
Pros
good crew to work with in the PED department.
Cons
daily abuse from citizens
Fun Co Workers
Mobile Patrol Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCJune 1, 2016
Got along well with Co workers
management is oblivious to the lack of efficiency in the office.
The working environment was difficult and painful.
Pros
Cons
they film your every move, no trust in employees, bad pay for what we do. They don't truly care about our safety.
Team of highly dedicated and supportive professionals
Portfolio Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCMarch 24, 2016
Paladin Security is built on a foundation of hard working and dedicated professionals. The environment is demanding and fast paced but the satisfaction you get out of reactive or proactive planning earns all the reward.
Pros
Supportive and encouraging group to work with

2.9