Paladin Security Employee Reviews

It was alright
Assistant Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC21 July 2017
Good entry level, OK if you want to work your way up to being responsible for a seriously sub-par work force in terms of skill. Uniforms are basically garbage and the benefits for a most part are a joke. Pay is terrible.
Pros
Work is easy
Cons
Wide range of employee skill is frustrating
Great stepping stone job for /RNC/RCMP/ CORRECTIONS
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Mount Pearl, NL20 July 2017
The hours are long yes that is to be expected In a hospital security job. But the management there is great the stuff you learn can carry on to other jobs. The pay is good as well ,the people and staff there are welcomeing.
Pros
Good wage
Rollercoaster employer
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 July 2017
Work there for sometime. Good experience but wage very low. Good manager when there was one. Staff at main office give run around to me and colleagues.no answers!! always call 2am or 3am for shifts and dont take no for answer! Lots of open shifts but hard for them to pay ot. Will pay ot at lower wage instead of higher. Never see my manager anymore. Work constriction site and client is nice to us but some site not the case! Job not difficult but must be done to best of ability to keep client happy. No client - no site - no job! Very hard to take time off if sick - no staff to work for you!
Pros
Good client
Cons
Low wage - long hours
A good place to get your foot in the door
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC20 July 2017
A typical day involves doing a lot of logging onto different programs and doing a lot of paper work. Paladin has many many contracts and the type of work you do depend which contract you end up on. Management requires you to keep statisics about the exact time spent doing various tasks so they try to micromanage everything. The culture varies widely depending on who you are working with. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the paperwork. The Most enjoyable part of is pay day.
Pros
will pay for your best license
Cons
too much micromanaging especially statistics
Guaranteed to never be laid off
Security Guard -multiple locations (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB20 July 2017
The field of Security is one where unemployment rates won't follow you, so you are always guaranteed to have a job even when the market goes down. It also helps develop your ability to work independently or as part of a team. The job though is still not without its challenges; many will claim that it's easy work, but those who work the field for long enough will find it's not as easy as it seems.
Pros
No shortage of work to be done.
Cons
No two sites are alike and some can be slow.
Good workplace & people to work with
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Red, Deer Alberta18 July 2017
Good people to work with, good work place. Get to meet interesting people and work in different locations. Would recommend working at this employer.
Great place to manage
Client Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 July 2017
I spent nearly 3 years as a Client Service Manager with the Edmonton branch. I had the opportunity to work for and along side a lot of excellent security professionals. From the CEO to the VP to the Director there was no shortage of security expertise.

What seperates Paladin from other security companies is the level of customer service provided. This was sometimes a down side as it did interfere with the work/life balance. Clients and staff alike knew they could reach you whenever they wanted even if it was relatively minor. Had the opportunity to manage an variety of excellent security professionals.

The company truly cared about the well-being of staff and exemplifies being one of Canada's Best Managed Companies. Even though head office was in Burnaby there was never difficulty in corporate expectations being disseminated throughout the company.

The company has one of the most extensive OH&S programs that is national and truly cares about their staff working safely and being safe at work. Had the pleasure to work with a wonderful variety of clients all who had unique needs. Wages were in line with industry standards. The company also valued hard work and promotion from within.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Work/Life Balance; Always on call
sometimes
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Ottawa South, ON17 July 2017
I also was working as a Driver and also as a Bo-tie-Ambassador the bo-tie-ambassador wasn't a fun one in certain site of the hospital but I manage to have fun
paladin
Client Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 July 2017
decent place to work was there for 4 years, only left do to better opportunities. id go back to paladin in a heart beat if given the chance. go paladin
A security company with a lot of pride
Security Guard/Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 July 2017
Paladin has been very good. While most shifts are the typical 12 hour shift work there is opporunities to grow and have a flexible shift.

Managers try but the pressure of the industry can lead to difficult situations. Honestly the hardest part of the job is the hours.
Pros
paid breaks
Good company
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Ontario10 July 2017
Average security company salaries
Usual 12 hour shifts
Constant possibilities of career advancements
No delays on salary payments
Use of Force and NVCI training
Terrible
Security Guard, Brampton Civic Hospital (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 July 2017
They make me sad. Terrible staff and work culture. I hated every moment I was there. Rude Rude Rude Rude Rude Rude Rude Rude Rude Rude Rude so rudeeee
Disorganized, expected employees to perform duties for which they had no training.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Charlottetown, PE5 July 2017
I was not impressed by this employer. They were disorganized, not responsive to communication, expected employees to come in "on call" after having worked an 8 or 12 hour shift just a few hours previous. The manager was a big part of the problem. Not the best employment experience.
Wages
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB5 July 2017
Not good enough wages for health care guards. Parking gets just as much as health care guards do which is not right. Not given raises properly and now with minimum wage going up were probably not getting raises either. We should be making like $20 an hour. Benefits are great if you opt to take them.
not
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 July 2017
would not reccommed as several sites are employed by supervisors that do not show courtesy towards non-site trained employees. also operations are outrageous.
Productive with a very great communication network
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 June 2017
I've started as a full-time in Scarborough Hospital. Learned many things and were able to communicate with many people. After 3 months of working i had to switch to a casual position due to school time table. The head office sends me e-mails every Thursdays for shifts that are near where i live (York Region) and i just call them back by phone and book the shifts i want to work.
I recommend ANYONE to join Paladin Security as a casual to earn extra cash on the side, but don't expect a very high wage since this is a job for no-brainers.
Pros
Excellent time management for Casuals and Part-timers
Cons
They are too friendly
Good opportunities
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB29 June 2017
I found a lot of flexibility within the company when it comes to needing shifts, vacations, time off etc.
For my particular position, I believe I could be making more with what it entails, but also depends on the client. Pay is also nerve-wracking. Double check your schedules just in case.

Much better than my old company, thats for sure.
Pros
Nice people, flexible, caring, catering to needs
Cons
lack of financial organization, could earn more
Very good team & great learning experience
Human Resource (Co-Op) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 June 2017
I am here as a HR Co-Op and I really enjoy my work. The team is very welcoming, friendly and cooperative. My experience here has been very good, got to learn a lot.
All depends on the site you get to work at
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Manitoba23 June 2017
I've been working at various sites with the company and some of them are awful some are quite nice. Company's management is irresponsible at times and doesn't seem to care much about guards, but it doesn't matter all that if you get a good site supervisor. Really flexible hours and scheduling, great for a part time work.
Security Company
customer services
security watch
patrolling
Lower pay, no benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paladin Security. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8