Paladin Security

Paladin Security Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
WORSE COMPANY I HAVE EVER WORKED FOR
Security Officer (Former Employee), Markham, ONApril 13, 2014
Pros: i quit, got to yell at management
Cons: everything, pay is terrible, co workers try to get you fired, managers don't care, they don't give you stuff when you need it. can't take a day off.
I worked for Paladin for a year and 4 months. I quit yesterday. I had them as a part time weekend job. I Was asked by my other job to work a day I normally work for Paladin. Now with this stupid company Paladin, seeing I used to work weekend nights. It was hard to take off. So it got to the point I asked my Co worker, the one who relieves me to work – more... a different time than normal. He agreed. 2 hours before he was to come in he told me he wouldn't be coming in any longer. Then I had to get mobile to come in. Took 2 hours waiting. I pretended I was sick. When I left, the mobile went into the work computer and pulled my history and my conversations on Facebook. And the used them to argue that I have pretended to be sick. Yes that is true but they invaded my privacy. Tomorrow is Monday. I will be calling the labor board about this issue. I don't care about the job Cuz it was the worse pay ever. STAY AWAY FROM PALADIN.

They don't care about you. I had no life working for them. I worked 1 year straight and when I was eligible for vacation I was only allowed 4 days. I called in sick instead. I'm telling you stay away. – less
easy and inconsistent
Security Guard (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABApril 8, 2014
Pros: easy job, good coworkers
Cons: low pay, hour issues, management
In a nutshell, the pros are: (depending on your personality) you're not always posted at one particular station, your coworkers are nice people, & you get 4-6 days off (again, your personality). The cons are: you work long hours for low pay, you don't get full hours, and management is inconsistent.
terrible company
security officer (Former Employee), vancouver, BCMarch 5, 2014
Cons: bad treatment
this company is a terrible company to work for. you are just an able body who they boss around. soon as you leave the camera range they freak.
Could be a lot better with the right people running things
Security Officer (Former Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: great management at certain security sites
Cons: being constantly called to work shifts when you are not scheduled
A typical day at work would be patrolling a site and speaking with staff members and fellow security officers about any problems, questions or concerns. Management at the site (including client contacts, staff managers and security site managers) were great as well as security co-workers. However security office staff and management did not seem to – more... care that much and were often unprofessional. Opportunities for advancement within the company were slim to nil as the area office never picked up any new security sites. This job would be good for someone with ambitions of higher employment within the security field. However there are other security companies in the city who do offer better chances of advancement within that career field. – less
A good job for a limited time
Security Officer (Current Employee), Toronto Rehab Institute- Lyndhurst CentreFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: fulltime
Cons: politics
Paladin overall was a good stepping stone and experience for me. I am unsatisfied with the pay rate because its hard to make a living. I do believe benefits is good and the company ensures work flow and friendly Human Resource department. The career advancement is good as well, however the pay does not equal the work in my opinion. A typical work day – more... is overall enjoyable. I work in a hospital setting and the staff and patients are very friendly. I learned to be very precise and effecient in my report writing and communication skills. I get along with my manager and supervisor and there is mutual respect. I wouldnt say there are any difficult parts on duty, due to training we recieved, but i have learned alot and grow with each day. The hours are consistent and works to my schedule. Overall Paladin is a good company, i just have other plans in mind. – less
Best job
Security Officer (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: meet new people, flexable hours
Cons: night shift
Loved my job. You get to meet new people as co-workers that provide you with training and the knowledge you need to know to do your best at work. A typical day is doing patrols ever hour on the hour. Filling reports of what you noticed and happened on your patrol. Its a good job to get if think about join the police force, you get a sence of things. – more... The hardest part of the job is that most security is need on a night shift. – less
Health care security guard
Shift lead responsibilities (Former Employee), calgaryJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: teams are like families. good pay
Cons: standing solitary for prolong periods
12 hour days for everyone, breaks usually given on time and full break given. worked with many people my age and very thoroughly enjoyed working for this company. high ups make executive decisions but usually the whole team is included. Teams are almost like families, usually get along very well, but very professional. I really enjoyed this job
Good, Hard, Work
Security Life Safety Supervisor (Current Employee), EtobicokeNovember 9, 2013
Pros: room for advancement, rapid growth
Cons: many scheduling demands hard to meet, not enough manpower
It depends on the site but hours are long. I have made the jump to a Supervisor and have since learned a lot of what goes on behind the scenes. I got to meet a lot of great People, and they were, for the most, part great to work with. The Most enjoyable part for me is interacting with the Public and putting a positive image on the Paladin brand.
Fun
Security Guard (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABOctober 15, 2013
A good job for students
Not much room for advancements
Hard to work part time for this company
A keen company doing well.
Security officer (Former Employee), calgary ABSeptember 6, 2013
Work well described and though shifts were unpredictable,a lot of
adjustments were made.
Interesting people
Security Dispatcher / Officer at Trillium (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 20, 2013
You meet new and exciting people every day. You get to work with the fire department and police and challenge yourself in new ways.
A Job For New Guards
Hospital Security Officer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 22, 2013
Pros: night shift
Cons: not enough pay and they dont re-emburse you
when I was hired I have experience under my belt, I had to pay for the training I already knew and paid for earlier, I had to pay for my uniform. But it was a good learning experience for dealing with people.
bad place
guard (Former Employee), winnipegJune 28, 2013
Pros: min wage
Cons: low pay - long hours - dead end job
they treat the guards with little respect - there is a reason they always have ads for guards. Winnipeg's office is a joke stay away from this company.
Edmonton, AB
security officer (Former Employee), AlbertaJune 27, 2013
Excellent Company to be part of and help me learn more skills especially in customer service area, leadership, team work, hospitality and personal development towards my career in the future.
God bless Paladin security company.
enjoy working
Security Guard (Current Employee), Surrey, BCMay 28, 2013
Pros: its a good company
Cons: night shifts
i really enjoy working with people. co-workers are really nice and helpful.
Day to day security work
Dispatcher and Guard (Current Employee), 360 Portage AveMay 27, 2013
dailies activities include report writing, interior and exterior patrols, and general customer service in the mornings.
security guard
security guard (Former Employee), hospitalsMay 12, 2013
Always busy with work. Management could have been better, to much office staff moving around. Dealing with people coming into the emergency was the hardest
Hostile Company to work for
Security (Former Employee), Toronto, ONApril 6, 2013
Pros: free uniforms, company pays for your licence, friendly staff, sick day pays
Cons: politics, poor management, poor training, poor pay and favortism
My experience with Paladin Security was very poor there was way too many politics and favortism going around the workplace. The Clinet Services Manager was very lazy and did not care for harassment in the workplace. If you wanna grow with Paladin just do one thing and kiss up to managment.
Quiet workplace
Security Officer (Former Employee), BurnabyMarch 30, 2013
Pros: secure environment.
Cons: working alone most of the time.
The position of Security Officer was a quiet position in one safe location. The responsibilities entail that the premises were secure. The job required walking throughout the large premise.
Good for team atmosphere or work alone sites
Security Officer (Current Employee), Halifax, NSMarch 28, 2013
Pros: free uniforms, training
Cons: pay for training if leave within 6 months, shift rotations
Depending on your personality and your abilities they seem to know exactly where to put you to match your best abilities.

About Paladin Security

Paladin is a security super-company with resources and expertise that span all asset protection specialties. By establishing highly – Read more

Paladin Security Photos