Paladin Security

Paladin Security Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
NA
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), Halifax, NSAugust 27, 2015
poor management that provided no support to their employees. They offer training that is good to take. The staffing is always an issue with people quitting due to poor job offers and hours.
Not Recommended
Security Guard (Former Employee), VancouverAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Nice Uniform-
Cons: Low Wages, unproffesional staff, emphasis on reputation above anything else.
I spent a year or so working for Paladin before I moved on to a different security company. My work placing was very rushed and required nights and early mornings. The job in and of itself was just standard – more... security but they call you often and keep a close eye on performance.

The issue with them was the corporate culture and team meetings- many of the Managers and staff were unprofessional and had a different approach to Security than other firms I'd work for.

Lots of unnecessary meetings and bureaucratic must haves in order to keep the top of the security chain corporate reputation.

Really, relieved when I found a new position- tread with caution. – less
Fun place with long hours.
Security Officer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 22, 2015
Pros: Easy job
Cons: long hours, salary is not enough
Fun workplace with supportive coworkers. 12 hour shift are really long but the coworkers make it fun and fast to go by. Everyone is always there for each other. Its all about customer service.
great work place and coworkers
Security Guard (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABAugust 21, 2015
Worked at Hospital, enjoyed the atmosphere and the day to day job was always different, I like change, and i learned new things every day, management was always there to help and give tips when needed, along with coworkers they always were there to help you grow and strive
Changing scenery, friendly staff, and friendly clients
Security worker (Current Employee), Prince George, BCAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Networking and meeting several new contacts.
Cons: Scheduling changes at a moment's notice.
Since my first day, I've been given a wide variety of positions. Working for several different employers contracted through Paladin. Met many different and diverse customers, and conversed with several different employees. I've changed locations on many different occasions, and worked for a lot repeat customers. Never a dull moment, to say the least.
this company is no different than any other
Guard (Former Employee), torontoAugust 3, 2015
Pros: training lots of shifts
Cons: large staff turn over, low wages
Don't believe the hype these people give you. Their main objectives are to manipulate you into believing "we are all one big happy family" and the second is to cover their butts. Which means that if an – more... incident happens that might lead to legal action, they will not back you up. They will make sure they cover their butts and leave you out to dry. Seriously, during training you really need to read between the lines and notice the small things. Then you will know who you are really dealing with.
No matter what your skills or background, you are paid minimum wage and maybe later your hourly rate is bumped up a few cents. They make it clear that if you work for them they are the boss. You screw around in anyway they will come down on you like a ton of bricks. Essentially this place offers "McJobs". Wages you couldn't possibly live on. The plus is they have tons of shifts and different times of the day. Bottom line they are the same as any other company. No better no worse. If you do work for them you will get good training. So, remember that you are there for you, not them. Take what you can get and move on. Any loyalty you might have will only blind you to the facts. – less
Good work enviorment
Security Guard (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 28, 2015
Pros: great staff
Cons: wage
Paladin has been a great introduction for me in the security field. There is always new things to be learned. Learning about mental health patients has been very interesting and I believe will help me in the future. The downside is the wage,
No Advancement
Security Guard (Former Employee), St. John's, NLJuly 27, 2015
No advancement within. Poor on the job training. Local Management builds team on relationships instead of performance. Not the company I thought it was.
Company Doesn't Seem To Care About Staff
Security/Mental Health Officer (Former Employee), TorontoJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Mental Health Experience
Cons: Terrible Yellow Uniform, Underpaid
Paladin offered great positions for experience moving forward. Paladin seems to take advantage of this by offering their employees the bare minimum in compensation.
Good Company
Security and Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Good job culture
Cons: Advancement opportunities limited
Nice company to work for ... best in the industry. Managers very open and flexible to your time and work preferences. Good training provided
Paladin Security Large Security Company
Security Officer (Former Employee), Prince George BCJune 20, 2015
Cons: shift work on call and poor communication
Recently worked for Paladin Security.
All to say is I think they need more communication with the poor management skills they have with in there company.
Training is good online training they really need to work on time management they would reduce turnover with a little thing called respect the employee.
Rewarding job with long shifts
Security Officer (Former Employee), Halifax, NSJune 15, 2015
A typical day at work would always start at either 8am or 8pm, and would last 12 hours until the next team relived you. You would work 2 day shifts and 2 nights shifts, following 4 days off. As a Dispatch – more... Officer I would sit most of the day, in the main lobby, watching cameras, inputing details into Excel and Word of the events that occurred that day. Every 4 hours your team would do rounds around the buildings, you would input those logs into Excel. Since you are sitting at the main entrance your role as dispatch officer, is also the role of Information and customer service to the hospitals visitors and staff. All codes (for example; fires or missing patients) would come through the main phone line, where the dispatcher would respond and dispatch all units to a certain spot. You learned to trust your team and be part of a team, the people you worked with became more than just coworkers, more like a family. The hardest part of the job though is being able to sit for 12 hours straight, and being able to stay awake through the back shifts. – less
They care more about the bttom line then the community.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Edmonton ABJune 8, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: everything
Condescending management that cares more about the bottom line then their officers and community. Former RCMP who know a lot about law enforcement and very little about contract security dominate management. Managment tends to play favorites. Avoid at all costs.
Do not develop personal attachments to client or coworkers.
Executive Protection (Current Employee), ABMay 31, 2015
Pros: Possible unique proffessional experience if you want to analyse events. ts. .
Cons: Do not count on special recognition for your work.
Minimal contact with your superiors if everything goes right, in casse of real or fiction complains, you be pull out of your task on site.
fun
Concierge (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 29, 2015
Pros: lunch / break
Cons: management
the daily routine was hard.
I learned to embrace & enjoy team work.
no comment on management.
I meet some real funny people.hardest part of the day was looking for a place to change after work being as we had to keep our PPE on until we exited the site. the most enjoyable time of the day is conversation time at break and lunch.
Good start workplace, with oppurtunity for advancement
Site Manager (Former Employee), Fort McMurrayMay 23, 2015
It is a workplace that offered me the chance to be on site for the first time in my life.

I learned a lot about how site worked, what different types of trades are on site, what oppurtunities there could be for me in the future.

This company offers a lot of opportunity for advancement, within a year I went from a basic guard, team lead, supervisor, Site manager.
Helped me get guaranteed income and benefits
Security Guard (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 21, 2015
It's a very sporadic job but it helped pay the bills. It's not always guaranteed. Its pretty much a hit or miss but for the most part it was alright.
Staff not treated well
Mobile Security Officer (Former Employee), Brandon, MBMay 12, 2015
I had to work 12 hour shifts at some events without having breaks or meals. Employees are neglected in general, and there was usually a shortage of vehicles for mobile positions.
Friendly office staffs
Regular Security and Patient Watch Attendant (Current Employee), edmontonMay 4, 2015
Pros: easy approach toward office team
Cons: sometimes few hours
Starting with Paladin is a very good experience. opportunity to gather experience in versatile security fields. most of the time very long shift like 12 hrs. management is satisfactory. team work appreciable. bad part of it is sometimes no schedule, no money. enjoyable part is yearly employee celebration party with friends and family.
St. John's Paladin management is ruining Paladin's reputation
Security Officer (Current Employee), St. John's, NLMay 2, 2015
Pros: Some coworkers
Cons: CSM Manager
First of all let me say this loud and clear.. The Client Service Manager and some supervisors are such awful examples of leaders it is disgusting and depriving the reputation of Paladin Canada as a whole. – more... Not only do they not appreciate your work effort, or coming into shifts on such short notice, they favor certain employees who suck up to management and also allow it to be 'okay' for them favored employees to constantly call in sick and switch shifts... they give you ZERO opportunity for growth or ability to prove your potential. They make you feel as if you are worthless and just another body to fill the shift. Back to specifically, the horrible Client Service Manager, Gareth. He does not care about his employees, as he could care less about someones personal interest or problems. Close to 95% of officers do not agree with the way he is transitioning the company or even like him for that matter. I am going to leave it with this, I would not be surprised if Paladin Newfoundland has the highest turnover rate, and it is due to the fact of unacceptable management. I would not recommend working for this company in Newfoundland until management changes. As far as Paladin offices in other provinces, I think they are fantastic! It just goes to show that one bad apple can spoil the entire orchard. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Paladin Security

Paladin is a security super-company with resources and expertise that span all asset protection specialties. By establishing highly – Read more