Paladin Security Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Just bad
Security Guard (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 24, 2016
I was sharing equipment with another guard from another site and had to drive to the site to get it all and give it back at the end of my shift. Drive time was on my own time and with my own vehicle.
I was hired at one rate of pay and my first paycheck was $2/hr less. After talking to my manager, 2 paycheck later I still was $1/hr short. Talked to him again and the response was that 'You never had a contract."
So beware starting with them until you have YOUR copy of a signed contract.
would not recommend
dispatch (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 13, 2016
I was told when I was hired that there was a lot of room for advancement, I was also told that I would be able to flourish within the position I was given. I was 3 months in when they told me they were losing the contract and that I would be laid off but luckily that paladin would be able to relocate me. of course when I asked I was told there was nothing to be offered. they told me when hired that I would be a primary focus, that paladin cares only for their employees but in my small time here I have been shown otherwise.
I wouldn't reccomend this company to anyone
Parking Operation Center (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 22, 2016
Pros: there are no pros
Cons: 12 hour shifts throw your sleeping pattern completely off.
This company is very poorly run and managed. Paladin works with Alberta Health Services. Instead of getting direct feed back from AHS on where to improve or what they'd like to see, AHS makes complaints to Paladin, who has no direct involvement with the job in question and can't provide much help to the employee and instead just relays the info. Communication is atrocious. Not enough training for some jobs.
A company that really cares about their employer
Break Guard (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 17, 2016
Pros: I get three half-hour breaks which in total equals one in a half hour breaks
Cons: Sometimes the twelve hour shift seems long when you dont get a good night sleep
I would mostly go check in and watch mentally ill Patients or disabled. I would kindly escort them or be beside them wherever they desire to go. My co-workers are pretty fair with me and not very strict as long as I advised them first. Sometimes I get Patient that can watch movies and walk around, and sometime I get Patients that strictly cannot go anywhere except when they have to go to the bathroom.
I love mu job
Security Guard (Current Employee), Georgetown, ONApril 21, 2016
Pros: One man site
Cons: One man site
I preform many patrols both on the interior and exterior of the site ensuring the safety of staff and visitors as well I am in charge of unlocking the main doors in the morning. My co-workers are supportive and informative and the management is very respectful and understanding. I thoroughly enjoy my job because the atmosphere is well mannered and the people I work with are professional.
very professional and enjoyable work place
Security Officer (Current Employee), Georgetown, ONApril 21, 2016
Pros: Lunch is paid
Cons: nothing
A work place that requires you to use law on your every shift. Very well managed and professional company. The most enjoyable part of working as a Security Officer with Paladin Security Group, is that everyday you get to meet new people, and experience different things that help you grow not only within the work environment, but as an individual as-well.
Working at a healthcare facility.
Health Care Security Officer (Current Employee), Halifax, NSJanuary 28, 2016
Pros: Experience gained, inside work.
Cons: Long hours, transistioning from day shifts to night shifts and vice versa.
Typical day at work: Can be busy during the daytime shifts. Slower at night.
What you learn: Teamwork building, communication skills, emergency response, schedules, procedures, health and safety.
Management: Site supervisor is very good and efficient with schedules and fairness when it comes to wanting time off.
Hardest part: hours and day to night shift cycles.
Enjoyable part: gaining experience for personal growth. Learning new skills.
Very impressed with Professional Management and fellow Employees
Healthcare (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 18, 2016
Pros: Many.
Cons: None.
I am a relatively new employee of what is clearly the top rated company of Security Services in this country. Since I joined several months ago, I have nothing but positive vibes and things to say about everyone who is employed here. Thank you for making your new recruits feel like family.
Team of highly dedicated and supportive professionals
Portfolio Resource Coordinator (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCMarch 24, 2016
Pros: Supportive and encouraging group to work with
Cons: Long hours
Paladin Security is built on a foundation of hard working and dedicated professionals. The environment is demanding and fast paced but the satisfaction you get out of reactive or proactive planning earns all the reward.
my job
Security Guard (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 2, 2016
My day is 12 hr days. I've learned the importance of safety and the importance of access control. The management go above and beyond to help my co workers and me. The team that I work with are eager and willing to offer help whether voluntarily or when I ask. The most difficult part of the job is actually not the job itself but with me. I try so hard to be perfect. The most enjoyable part of my day is knowing that the I do the best that I can to help make the company successful.
Good for potential EPS applicants
Security Guard (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 22, 2015
Pros: Very easy job
Cons: Angry people, Little pay, horrible hours.
Little pay for the amount of grief you get from people. Job atmosphere is not pleasant but depending on where you work staff can be nice and helpful. Job is not difficult and definitely not physically demanding. Sit at desk for 12 hours then patrol every hour or two for a couple minutes then sit at desk again.
It was Ok
Security Officer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 20, 2016
Pros: Meet some great people and very easy work
Cons: no Advancement and case managers havent got a clue
The general culture and work/life balance is great
The Case management is terrible really don't care about there customers
Little to no advancement
while I was there $15/hr. was good but now that's minimum wage
productive and intense environment to work
Extra Coverage Security Guard (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 2, 2015
Pros: Take my work seriously
Cons: long hours
As a security guard, I gained a lot of experience dealing with different kind of sick patients and criminals. I handled the situation by firstly calling for back up and 911. Secondly, specially with the patients I had to make sure I am calm so that the patient stays calm. I have to make sure no sharp objects are near by for safety reasons for both of us, the guard and the patient. Lastly, the most enjoyable part of the job is when there are more than one guard on site so as to work in teams in more enjoyable than working alone.
stressful work environment
Security officer UHNBC (Former Employee), Prince George, BCDecember 27, 2015
Pros: min wage job
Cons: management
the stress was caused by poor management. the people i worked with were amazing, but the management was sub-standard. if you try and file a complaint, it is passed over and you are told that manager is improving, dont worry about it.
the upper management would rather get the contract and not take care of the worker
fun place to work
Security Guard (Current Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 8, 2016
-the days are never same and each shift present a challenge
-reports are always there which to me is a good day
-learned to maintain time
-management is very helpful and encourage advancement
-coworker always supported each other
-maintain policy at centennial college site
-we get to meet lots of new people
Hire more people than they need
Security Guard (Former Employee), Red Deer, ABFebruary 10, 2016
Pros: paid training
Cons: no hours of actual work
Hire everyone and employ no one. Once hired you get trained and then get almost nothing. Incompetent butt kisser made supervisor at one site. Same old office politics. Crummy wage considering you are always at some degree of risk.
Good place to work at
High Profile Security Officer (Former Employee), Halifax, NSApril 19, 2016
Pros: Professionalisum
Cons: work hours
Very professional staff and they are well trained. They provide you with adequate training to be able to perform the jobs well and they also consider any job related suggestions that you may have.
Dealing with the public on a daily basis
Parking Enforcement Officer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 19, 2015
Pros: Lots of healthy walking
Cons: Extreme cold winter weather
Every morning we were issued a route we had to patrol. We would patrol that route the entire day (whether on foot or in a vehicle) and return to the office at the end of the day to hand in our tickets. The hardest part of the job was the extreme winter weather and the hostile and sometime dangerous citizens who got a ticket. I enjoyed working alone the most
Great company to work for
DISC Site Supervisor Security Officer (Current Employee), Victoria, BCFebruary 24, 2016
I find that Pladin Security is a great company to work for, they care about their staff and treat everyone like family. There is lots of room for advancement. Everyone works as a team. Continuous training.
Menial job, high turnover and staff shortages, low wages
Security Guard (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCDecember 3, 2015
Pros: Company Culture
Cons: Low wages, overworked, staff shortage
Good culture no doubt, but the turnover and staff shortages is very apparent and has very overworked staff and increased stress caused by this. Wages is low for the type of job and really is not worth the time.