Paladin Security Employee Reviews in Canada

Professional enviroment
Multi-Site Security Supervisor, NHS (Current Employee) –  Niagara RegionJune 20, 2016
I would recommend Paladin for development growth and a stepping stone towards careers in law enforcement / corrections and Canadian customs. The experience offered through Paladin has be proven time and again.
they failed me
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MBJune 16, 2016
seems fun but if you are the subject of a complaint they dont say who or what was said they judge you guilty without hearing your side
Lack of Advancement
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BCJune 3, 2016
Always searching for more hours; very hard to get "full time" consistent work it seems. Lots of uncompensated travel all over the place if you want additional work.
Fun Co Workers
Mobile Patrol Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCJune 1, 2016
Got along well with Co workers
management is oblivious to the lack of efficiency in the office.
The working environment was difficult and painful.
Pros
Cons
they film your every move, no trust in employees, bad pay for what we do. They don't truly care about our safety.
Hire everyone and employ no one...
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABMay 27, 2016
I was under the impression I was hired to work a full time job. Spent months on end with very little hours. Company does not place you where you can shine they place you where you are most aggravated and in the most danger. Promise benefits after 6 months but only if you work enough hours...which they don't give you! A real sugar show. Run screaming.
Pros
A new career
Cons
No hours
wronly terminated
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Halifax Regional Municipality, NSMay 25, 2016
I was wronly terminated from paladin. I filed a human rights case, after a year, I Won my case against Paladin security.
The working enviorment was difficult and painful.
Pros
Cons
many
Vast amount of learning curves and experience
Security Guard - Mental Health (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 22, 2016
Fast paced environment working in a hospital facility. Dealing with all staff members and issues in the majority of the facility. Because of a strong bond among different teams and casuals work becomes a enjoyable environment.
Cons
Very long hours
A Professional and Well Organized Company
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 21, 2016
Always looked forward to going into work as it was a great environment, with a great staff. I learned a lot, about how to deal with a variety of situations, such as aggravated patients or visitors; learned how to restrain patient, if needed. developed my interpersonal and communication skills and overall improved myself as an individual.
Strong Culture, Lots of valuable experiences and training
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABMay 18, 2016
The people I worked with and the challenges each day provided were the reason i loved coming into work every day. The pay was good, team spirit and comradeship was high and even though it was long hours and I was exhausted, I knew my time was well spent and I was able to show the uniform with respect, honor and pride.
Thought it was going to be a great place to start a career but was wrong
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, ABMay 16, 2016
I am working at a hospital at the moment so they give you health care training which is provided, that is a plus but other than that if you want to expand your horizons ( verbal judo, PPCT ) to help protect yourself better it really is not going to happen
Pros
Benefits, Experience
Cons
everything else
It was an okay job. the hours sucked and so didn't the pay.
HIGH PROFILE SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSMay 11, 2016
I enjoyed it for the first little while but after being punched, kicked, spit on ect... i decided it wasnt worth the time or pay.
Cons
long hours, bad pay
Good to start building life experience.
Senior Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCApril 30, 2016
Interesting place to work, meet new people, learn a lot. The company provides courses and trainings on different levels. No support from management.
Great company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 26, 2016
Paladin trains very well and makes sure that you are completely ready for the job; they treat you like family and make sure that your needs are looked after
Just bad
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 24, 2016
I was sharing equipment with another guard from another site and had to drive to the site to get it all and give it back at the end of my shift. Drive time was on my own time and with my own vehicle.
I was hired at one rate of pay and my first paycheck was $2/hr less. After talking to my manager, 2 paycheck later I still was $1/hr short. Talked to him again and the response was that 'You never had a contract."
So beware starting with them until you have YOUR copy of a signed contract.
very professional and enjoyable work place
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, ONApril 21, 2016
A work place that requires you to use law on your every shift. Very well managed and professional company. The most enjoyable part of working as a Security Officer with Paladin Security Group, is that everyday you get to meet new people, and experience different things that help you grow not only within the work environment, but as an individual as-well.
Pros
Lunch is paid
Cons
nothing
I love mu job
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, ONApril 21, 2016
I preform many patrols both on the interior and exterior of the site ensuring the safety of staff and visitors as well I am in charge of unlocking the main doors in the morning. My co-workers are supportive and informative and the management is very respectful and understanding. I thoroughly enjoy my job because the atmosphere is well mannered and the people I work with are professional.
Pros
One man site
Cons
One man site
It was Ok
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 20, 2016
The general culture and work/life balance is great
The Case management is terrible really don't care about there customers
Little to no advancement
while I was there $15/hr. was good but now that's minimum wage
Pros
Meet some great people and very easy work
Cons
no Advancement and case managers havent got a clue
Good place to work at
High Profile Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSApril 19, 2016
Very professional staff and they are well trained. They provide you with adequate training to be able to perform the jobs well and they also consider any job related suggestions that you may have.
Pros
Professionalisum
Cons
work hours
would not recommend
dispatch (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 13, 2016
I was told when I was hired that there was a lot of room for advancement, I was also told that I would be able to flourish within the position I was given. I was 3 months in when they told me they were losing the contract and that I would be laid off but luckily that paladin would be able to relocate me. of course when I asked I was told there was nothing to be offered. they told me when hired that I would be a primary focus, that paladin cares only for their employees but in my small time here I have been shown otherwise.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONApril 6, 2016
The Company paladin is great if you are looking for a job with alot of hours and looking for some entry experience . uniforms are free
Pros
lots of hours and free uniforms
Cons
lack of communication