Paladin Security Employee Reviews

Horrible employer Good experience for another career
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  various sites in alberta24 September 2016
Horrible wages that they lie about when you join. High turn over rate for a very good reason. Does not give you the PPE you need for the job and does not compensate you when you purchase what you need yourself. Promises you a uniform and only gives you half. Employer treats employees like garbage.
Pros
will pay for your security license
Cons
does not give needed PPE does not pay well for the risks you face daily.
Chaotic, unorganized and uncaring.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 September 2016
You're just a number to them you get sent to a site and literally all they tell you is go there. There are most of the time no further details, have to inquire, am I being relieved? Where do I get the key? How should I take my brakes? What if I'm hungry? Where's the a bathroom, is it functioning if not what should I do when I must go? Etc.
Pros
Easy undemanding work
Cons
Bad management, unorganized staff, bad tracking systems of employees, low pay
easy job, low pay
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 November 2016
Usually, a day consists of watching cameras and doing patrols. I learnt to be more pro active and confident. it is managed fairly well and the people that I work with are easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job is not being bored and being able to deal with problems. The easiest part of the job is answering phiones and watching cameras.
Pros
easy, good opportunity
Cons
low pay, boring shiftd
Good Job, but with Some Setbacks
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB14 September 2016
I've worked at this career for almost two years and I'd say it has been an overall positive experience. The compensation is generous, and the work is rewarding and exciting. The healthcare position I worked had 12 hour shifts which could tend to drag on at times, but constant activity could make the shifts fly by at times, and a four day weekend every week can't be beat.
Cons
Long hours, dangerous
Hospital environment
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 September 2016
Getting ready for the job today would include, checking grooming and uniform.
Signing in at the Security Office and receiving directions as to where you are to work today.
Being escorted sometimes to the prospective floor.
Meeting with the nurse on duty and becoming familiar with the patient that you would be attended to for the next 12 hours.
Checking on the patient every half hour although you still remain seated or standing where the patient is.
Taking assigned breaks with a replacement guard until you return. Checking with guard to make sure everyone is clear as to who stays with the patient and when asked go to another patients floor and assist there or emergency stand.
Signing out at the end of the shift and making sure you have your notebook on hand at all times.
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
12 hour shifts
Say no to parking
security officer /parking enforcement officer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 September 2016
If you must work wirh this company. Stay with the health care or security posting. Stay away from the parking enforcement side. It is a separate office and has tons of internal office issues. Management is terrible and head office does nothing. ...
Pros
money
Cons
people will not like your job, ridiculous office politics, feels like high school, Management is B.S.
Monotonous
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB30 August 2016
Patient watch- sit/follow for 12hrs a day/night watching and logging patients actions/interactions. Shifts 4on 4off

Rural Hospitals- patrol interior and exterior of hospital every hr for 12hrs. Shifts 4on 4off

Park Place Mall- continuous patrols around mall, prevent thefts, make arrests when needed, escort unwanted patrons off site, issue bans when needed. 8hr shifts
Cons
long hrs, working with a lot of kids
Protecting can be difficult
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 August 2016
I had a permanent post but it was overnight (6pm-6am). There was no room to improve on these hours or any way that it may lead to having days shift. I really enjoyed this site, because they're were lots of great people, and it was a college environment, which was great. But had to leave this site, when asked to be posted during days. After, I moved around a lot. Until I got this site that involved man-operating elevator. It was physically demanding. I left because of injury of repetitive movement and also due to a fall/trip.
Pros
Lots of understanding people, espicially in management
Cons
Difficult to have life balance depending on hours
Great Experience but Needs Rearrangement
Security Guard - Valley Regional Hospital (Current Employee) –  Kentville, NS1 December 2016
I loved my work, but there was no way of flexibility in terms of hours. I advise the management to consider switching their shift work to three 8 hour rotations rather than two 12 hour rotations. I believe they would have a lot more people interested in taking shifts if that were the case.
The Paladin Indifference
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS7 August 2016
Do not even apply to this company.
I made the mistake of being "employed" with this company and regret it. They'll hire you before you know it, and for good reason.
You have to pay for training, uniform, and important gear yourself.
They may say "Free" but really what they're doing is running up a tab(or an Investment as they call it) for you till they claw enough pay from you, which is the extent of the "Probationary Period" most likely.
If you see them, run.
If you're in the training process, pay your dues before they get you to pay for the uniform also, and then get out that door lickity split. I'm pretty sure most of their income
Please read all these other reviews also, they'll include things I've probably not mentioned.
Pros
semi-good training
Cons
Evil-Corporate Security Company, also $11/h? you can do much better!
Security
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 September 2016
i think i already answered this but here goes, its a demanding job and it certainly takes away from your personal life, you will often find yourself awake during the night which destroys the daytime hours and any social life you thought you may have... but hey, means you save up that money
Pros
money saver
Cons
no personal life left
Great company to work for
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB24 October 2016
Security work is always interesting-mostly twelve hour shifts, a lot of them in isolated areas. The hardest part of the job was not knowing when or where your next job would come from and maybe not have enough hours. The most enjoyable part was the job itself.
Pros
camp jobs
Cons
never knowing where or when
A good starting point
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 August 2016
Paladin is a good starting point, depending on what you are looking to get into. When I was first hired, I had to pick up random shifts at different sites until I was posted at one specific site. The pay is horrible, especially for what we have to do sometimes. However, if you can breathe and spell your name... they'll give you a job!!

If you need extra hours, there's always sites available. And their call centre will call you at all hours of the night, relentlessly asking you to take shifts all over the place.

When the company tells you they will reimburse you for something, always find out exact details... they tend to say they will but then say your site may not require whatever you've purchased and then you are out the money!
Pros
You have a job
Cons
Pay check is always short, they treat you like you are replaceable, uniform is uncomfortable
Great place to work for full time students.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 September 2016
This job is great learning experience and provides me with an opportunity to practice in my field of study. A typical shift could range from dealing with clients in mental/emotional distress to dealing with access control.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Lack of shifts, unreliability of shift.
Friendly and approachable staff and positive work environment
ID Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Fort Mackay, AB23 July 2016
It was very convenient staying at the same camp that I worked at. Our meals were included with the job and the rooms at the camp were very nice.
I learned how to use and operate the EBI computer system to process all employees.
The management team, as well as my coworkers were all very warm and inviting. If we ever needed any help or advice, we weren't afraid to ask and everyone was very helpful.
The hardest days were the slow days, when you got all your work done early and it wasn't very busy, so you had to find tasks to keep you busy.
I really loved talking to all the staff about there past experiences and day to day interactions with everyone. It made for a very positive and exciting work place.
Pros
Free room and board, as well as free meals in camp
Cons
Some slower days
good
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 September 2016
Its good company and having professional approach towards all employees and clients . I learned work culture of Canada. Management is good. some co worker are good and some are bad. Hardest part is working long hours while standing.Public relation is enjoyable part .
Pros
Professionalism
Cons
Long Hours
Operations Manager
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort mcmurray2 September 2016
Responsible for 250 employees on site and worked very close on
payroll and Scheduling.
working close with the client and meet their expectations.
The most i liked on the job was the fast past and interaction with all the people.
Pros
interaction with people
Cons
Every shift is a learning experince
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 November 2016
Working at new sites at every shift, learning and making new experience, employees are well trained prior to their working experience, They are walked through what should be expected, in terms of challenges, and how to handle them.
WAS great place to work.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS20 July 2016
Was a fantastic place. Then a thing called favoritism came into play. The company is unfair and if your not one of the selected 'favorites' your going to be miserable! Don't bother complaining about things because they will make sure to flip it and blame you.
DONT WORK HERE!
Pros
Paid lunch.
Cons
Everything else.
Nice company. Management ok. Lots of hours available
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON13 September 2016
Salary is low just like most security companies. Management are pretty good for people that work hard. Lots of hours available. Promotion within. Lots of opportunites. Dont apply here if your looking for a free ride.

2.9