Paladin Security Employee Reviews in Canada

Working at a healthcare facility.
Health Care Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NSJanuary 28, 2016
Typical day at work: Can be busy during the daytime shifts. Slower at night.
What you learn: Teamwork building, communication skills, emergency response, schedules, procedures, health and safety.
Management: Site supervisor is very good and efficient with schedules and fairness when it comes to wanting time off.
Hardest part: hours and day to night shift cycles.
Enjoyable part: gaining experience for personal growth. Learning new skills.
Pros
Experience gained, inside work.
Cons
Long hours, transistioning from day shifts to night shifts and vice versa.
fun place to work
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 8, 2016
-the days are never same and each shift present a challenge
-reports are always there which to me is a good day
-learned to maintain time
-management is very helpful and encourage advancement
-coworker always supported each other
-maintain policy at centennial college site
-we get to meet lots of new people
Great place to work with the ability for advancement and supportive management
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 19, 2016
Great place to work with the ability for advancement and supportive management who are willing to work with you to find a site that is a good fit for yourself.
Patrol areas in charge, assist clients with closings and openings of their businesses, respond to alarms, assist work mates in their duties.
Mobile Officer (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCAugust 30, 2015
This company has a very strange work culture. Advancement is only offer to those that never question or suggest anything different to what upper management is currently doing. Therefore mistakes keep on repeating themselves and reinforced by the newly promoted junior managers.
Pros
Work authonomy
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities
ok enviorement
Security guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 6, 2016
It was good to work with Paladin,but there was very little room to learn. There was no team work concept. I learn to be a good security guard with Paladin.
Most enjoyable part of this job was was I learn to communicate.
Pros
good salary
my job
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 2, 2016
My day is 12 hr days. I've learned the importance of safety and the importance of access control. The management go above and beyond to help my co workers and me. The team that I work with are eager and willing to offer help whether voluntarily or when I ask. The most difficult part of the job is actually not the job itself but with me. I try so hard to be perfect. The most enjoyable part of my day is knowing that the I do the best that I can to help make the company successful.
productive and intense environment to work
Extra Coverage Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 2, 2015
As a security guard, I gained a lot of experience dealing with different kind of sick patients and criminals. I handled the situation by firstly calling for back up and 911. Secondly, specially with the patients I had to make sure I am calm so that the patient stays calm. I have to make sure no sharp objects are near by for safety reasons for both of us, the guard and the patient. Lastly, the most enjoyable part of the job is when there are more than one guard on site so as to work in teams in more enjoyable than working alone.
Pros
Take my work seriously
Learned a lot
officer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 3, 2016
It was my first position in Fort Mac. Paladin is a great company, I learned a lot about security, they offer great benefits and opportunity for growth.
Team of highly dedicated and supportive professionals
Portfolio Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCMarch 24, 2016
Paladin Security is built on a foundation of hard working and dedicated professionals. The environment is demanding and fast paced but the satisfaction you get out of reactive or proactive planning earns all the reward.
Pros
Supportive and encouraging group to work with
Cons
Great company to work for
DISC Site Supervisor Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCFebruary 24, 2016
I find that Pladin Security is a great company to work for, they care about their staff and treat everyone like family. There is lots of room for advancement. Everyone works as a team. Continuous training.
A company that really cares about their employer
Break Guard (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 17, 2016
I would mostly go check in and watch mentally ill Patients or disabled. I would kindly escort them or be beside them wherever they desire to go. My co-workers are pretty fair with me and not very strict as long as I advised them first. Sometimes I get Patient that can watch movies and walk around, and sometime I get Patients that strictly cannot go anywhere except when they have to go to the bathroom.
Pros
I get three half-hour breaks which in total equals one in a half hour breaks
Cons
Sometimes the twelve hour shift seems long when you dont get a good night sleep
stressful work environment
Security officer UHNBC (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BCDecember 27, 2015
the stress was caused by poor management. the people i worked with were amazing, but the management was sub-standard. if you try and file a complaint, it is passed over and you are told that manager is improving, dont worry about it.
the upper management would rather get the contract and not take care of the worker
Pros
min wage job
Cons
management
Very independent
Healthcare Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Stony Plain, ABMarch 26, 2016
Had a lot of responsibility. Worked alone as a security guard in a hospital, watched cameras, did patrols.

Had to find time to fit my lunch in as I was the only security guard on duty
Cons
I wouldn't reccomend this company to anyone
Parking Operation Center (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 22, 2016
This company is very poorly run and managed. Paladin works with Alberta Health Services. Instead of getting direct feed back from AHS on where to improve or what they'd like to see, AHS makes complaints to Paladin, who has no direct involvement with the job in question and can't provide much help to the employee and instead just relays the info. Communication is atrocious. Not enough training for some jobs.
Pros
there are no pros
Cons
12 hour shifts throw your sleeping pattern completely off.
It's only good for extra money
Security (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 1, 2016
They don't offer a free training
No benefit
You need to work 6 months before you can apply forthe benefits and it' s not guaranteed that you will have it
Menial job, high turnover and staff shortages, low wages
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BCDecember 3, 2015
Good culture no doubt, but the turnover and staff shortages is very apparent and has very overworked staff and increased stress caused by this. Wages is low for the type of job and really is not worth the time.
Pros
Company Culture
Cons
Low wages, overworked, staff shortage
would not recommend
dispatch (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 13, 2016
I was told when I was hired that there was a lot of room for advancement, I was also told that I would be able to flourish within the position I was given. I was 3 months in when they told me they were losing the contract and that I would be laid off but luckily that paladin would be able to relocate me. of course when I asked I was told there was nothing to be offered. they told me when hired that I would be a primary focus, that paladin cares only for their employees but in my small time here I have been shown otherwise.
Not Recommended
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  VancouverAugust 25, 2015
I spent a year or so working for Paladin before I moved on to a different security company. My work placing was very rushed and required nights and early mornings. The job in and of itself was just standard security but they call you often and keep a close eye on performance.

The issue with them was the corporate culture and team meetings- many of the Managers and staff were unprofessional and had a different approach to Security than other firms I'd work for.

Lots of unnecessary meetings and bureaucratic must haves in order to keep the top of the security chain corporate reputation.

Really, relieved when I found a new position- tread with caution.
Pros
Nice Uniform-
Cons
Low Wages, unproffesional staff, emphasis on reputation above anything else.
Productive Security Guard
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABNovember 14, 2015
A fun ecstatic work place with wonderful co-workers. My management team looks at how you deal with difficult civilians. I have learned a lot working as a security guard, how to deal with the public more efficiently. I love every part of my job and making my work place a better environment for the community.
Learning Environment
Security Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  TELUS 3777 Kingsway BURNABYJanuary 3, 2016
Working at Paladin has been a wonderful experience. Learnt a lot of new things and still learning everyday. Procedures and regulations are strict and must be followed. highly disciplined environment.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Salary