Paladin Security Employee Reviews

Great company to start
Security Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 January 2017
I`ve worked with paladin for one year, and I've had great opportunities to meet fascinating people. The management is excellent, out of many security companies I put paladin in the top 5.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Starting pay
Productive medical environment
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 January 2017
Great company to work with great environment and lots to learn. I believe any one can strive from this company depending on their skills
It was a good city job.
Dispatching/Team-lead (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 December 2016
The job was based in a hospital called Albert Hospital, which was located 10 min away from my house. I was dispatching for hospital security and peace officers to emergency situations in the hospital.

The hours were draining and getting days off would be hard to receive.
Even though it would get hard and overwhelming in a fast paced environment, i loved the job and it was a way for me to help others and making sure that clients, patients and staff were safe and comfortable.
What i love
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Greater Toronto Area, ON14 December 2016
I love working with paladin security. Working in the mental health sector teaches you a lot. You get to see and experience a lot. You also work hand in hand with police and hospital staff.
It was a job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB14 December 2016
It wasn't the hardest of jobs, it paid well for the time, but the manager at the time sat on to many contracts and i was with out work after the job i was out finished. Never the less still a good job.
Pros
Good hours, good pay.
Cons
No job security, can get boring
Not bad.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Wetaskiwin, AB10 December 2016
Not bad, its a nice way to gain experience. Especially if you work within a hospital for paladin. The shifts are horrible though. meet alot of good people.
Pays the rent
Healthcare Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC6 December 2016
Rumours are that Paladin gets its contracts by under paying their employees. However, it is one of the easier jobs to get out there and can advance you to other careers ( so i have heard).
Pros
Good employees
Cons
Management treats employees more like units of profit rather than human beings.
Great Experience but Needs Rearrangement
Security Guard - Valley Regional Hospital (Current Employee) –  Kentville, NS1 December 2016
I loved my work, but there was no way of flexibility in terms of hours. I advise the management to consider switching their shift work to three 8 hour rotations rather than two 12 hour rotations. I believe they would have a lot more people interested in taking shifts if that were the case.
easy job, low pay
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 November 2016
Usually, a day consists of watching cameras and doing patrols. I learnt to be more pro active and confident. it is managed fairly well and the people that I work with are easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job is not being bored and being able to deal with problems. The easiest part of the job is answering phiones and watching cameras.
Pros
easy, good opportunity
Cons
low pay, boring shiftd
Ability to learn new things
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 November 2016
I believe paladin is a great company, they give you lots of opportunity for growth. Tasks vary per day which makes it interesting.
Every shift is a learning experince
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 November 2016
Working at new sites at every shift, learning and making new experience, employees are well trained prior to their working experience, They are walked through what should be expected, in terms of challenges, and how to handle them.
Great company to work for
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB24 October 2016
Security work is always interesting-mostly twelve hour shifts, a lot of them in isolated areas. The hardest part of the job was not knowing when or where your next job would come from and maybe not have enough hours. The most enjoyable part was the job itself.
Pros
camp jobs
Cons
never knowing where or when
productive and fun work place
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 October 2016
amazing company to work for, friendly people and a friendly environment. manageable work load and someone is always there to help when needed.
Awesome atmosphere
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 September 2016
This was hands down the best company i have worked for. Great atmosphere, decent salary, and managers that treated you like people and not cattle.
Security
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 September 2016
i think i already answered this but here goes, its a demanding job and it certainly takes away from your personal life, you will often find yourself awake during the night which destroys the daytime hours and any social life you thought you may have... but hey, means you save up that money
Pros
money saver
Cons
no personal life left
Hospital environment
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 September 2016
Getting ready for the job today would include, checking grooming and uniform.
Signing in at the Security Office and receiving directions as to where you are to work today.
Being escorted sometimes to the prospective floor.
Meeting with the nurse on duty and becoming familiar with the patient that you would be attended to for the next 12 hours.
Checking on the patient every half hour although you still remain seated or standing where the patient is.
Taking assigned breaks with a replacement guard until you return. Checking with guard to make sure everyone is clear as to who stays with the patient and when asked go to another patients floor and assist there or emergency stand.
Signing out at the end of the shift and making sure you have your notebook on hand at all times.
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
12 hour shifts
Horrible employer Good experience for another career
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  various sites in alberta24 September 2016
Horrible wages that they lie about when you join. High turn over rate for a very good reason. Does not give you the PPE you need for the job and does not compensate you when you purchase what you need yourself. Promises you a uniform and only gives you half. Employer treats employees like garbage.
Pros
will pay for your security license
Cons
does not give needed PPE does not pay well for the risks you face daily.
Decent company
Security Officer/ Acting Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 September 2016
outsourced security at its best. good support and training. will relocate the employees to different sites to find the right match
Great place to work for full time students.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 September 2016
This job is great learning experience and provides me with an opportunity to practice in my field of study. A typical shift could range from dealing with clients in mental/emotional distress to dealing with access control.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Lack of shifts, unreliability of shift.
Chaotic, unorganized and uncaring.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 September 2016
You're just a number to them you get sent to a site and literally all they tell you is go there. There are most of the time no further details, have to inquire, am I being relieved? Where do I get the key? How should I take my brakes? What if I'm hungry? Where's the a bathroom, is it functioning if not what should I do when I must go? Etc.
Pros
Easy undemanding work
Cons
Bad management, unorganized staff, bad tracking systems of employees, low pay

2.9