Paladin Security Employee Reviews

Good Job, but with Some Setbacks
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB14 September 2016
I've worked at this career for almost two years and I'd say it has been an overall positive experience. The compensation is generous, and the work is rewarding and exciting. The healthcare position I worked had 12 hour shifts which could tend to drag on at times, but constant activity could make the shifts fly by at times, and a four day weekend every week can't be beat.
Cons
Long hours, dangerous
Nice company. Management ok. Lots of hours available
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON13 September 2016
Salary is low just like most security companies. Management are pretty good for people that work hard. Lots of hours available. Promotion within. Lots of opportunites. Dont apply here if your looking for a free ride.
good
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 September 2016
Its good company and having professional approach towards all employees and clients . I learned work culture of Canada. Management is good. some co worker are good and some are bad. Hardest part is working long hours while standing.Public relation is enjoyable part .
Pros
Professionalism
Cons
Long Hours
Pays the rent
Healthcare Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC6 December 2016
Rumours are that Paladin gets its contracts by under paying their employees. However, it is one of the easier jobs to get out there and can advance you to other careers ( so i have heard).
Pros
Good employees
Cons
Management treats employees more like units of profit rather than human beings.
Say no to parking
security officer /parking enforcement officer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 September 2016
If you must work wirh this company. Stay with the health care or security posting. Stay away from the parking enforcement side. It is a separate office and has tons of internal office issues. Management is terrible and head office does nothing. ...
Pros
money
Cons
people will not like your job, ridiculous office politics, feels like high school, Management is B.S.
Productive and Enjoyable place to work
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 January 2017
A typical day at work for myself would be patrolling the building, door lock-ups, assisting with mental health patients, monitoring parking lots, and patient watches.

The most enjoyable part of the job is receiving satisfaction from the employees and satisfaction of a safe environment.

As for the management, it was fine. I worked with a higher level of management, although they are hard to get a hold of. For example, once you request something, it is difficult to receive an answer.

As for co-workers, they are all easy to get along with and I enjoy working with them.
Protecting can be difficult
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 August 2016
I had a permanent post but it was overnight (6pm-6am). There was no room to improve on these hours or any way that it may lead to having days shift. I really enjoyed this site, because they're were lots of great people, and it was a college environment, which was great. But had to leave this site, when asked to be posted during days. After, I moved around a lot. Until I got this site that involved man-operating elevator. It was physically demanding. I left because of injury of repetitive movement and also due to a fall/trip.
Pros
Lots of understanding people, espicially in management
Cons
Difficult to have life balance depending on hours
It was Ok
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 April 2016
The general culture and work/life balance is great
The Case management is terrible really don't care about there customers
Little to no advancement
while I was there $15/hr. was good but now that's minimum wage
Pros
Meet some great people and very easy work
Cons
no Advancement and case managers havent got a clue
Great place to work with friendly coworkers and management
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 December 2016
At Paladin security I was able to learn a lot about how to deal with unwanted and unsavory individuals including street people. Access control and contractor assistance was a great part of my day as I was able to create good relationships. Guiding the general public to destinations in the area was a forte of mine and and I really enjoyed it.
Pros
Able to help and meet lots of interesting local people
Cons
discrimination in the company (Manitoba)
Security guard (Former Employee) –  Manitoba3 September 2016
They don't hire disability people,

Human rights should check into this.

This company don't deserve Cilents, I hope the cilents will find this useful.
Pros
Career promotion
Cons
Poor management
Friendly and approachable staff and positive work environment
ID Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Fort Mackay, AB23 July 2016
It was very convenient staying at the same camp that I worked at. Our meals were included with the job and the rooms at the camp were very nice.
I learned how to use and operate the EBI computer system to process all employees.
The management team, as well as my coworkers were all very warm and inviting. If we ever needed any help or advice, we weren't afraid to ask and everyone was very helpful.
The hardest days were the slow days, when you got all your work done early and it wasn't very busy, so you had to find tasks to keep you busy.
I really loved talking to all the staff about there past experiences and day to day interactions with everyone. It made for a very positive and exciting work place.
Pros
Free room and board, as well as free meals in camp
Cons
Some slower days
Great Experience but Needs Rearrangement
Security Guard - Valley Regional Hospital (Current Employee) –  Kentville, NS1 December 2016
I loved my work, but there was no way of flexibility in terms of hours. I advise the management to consider switching their shift work to three 8 hour rotations rather than two 12 hour rotations. I believe they would have a lot more people interested in taking shifts if that were the case.
Chaotic, unorganized and uncaring.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 September 2016
You're just a number to them you get sent to a site and literally all they tell you is go there. There are most of the time no further details, have to inquire, am I being relieved? Where do I get the key? How should I take my brakes? What if I'm hungry? Where's the a bathroom, is it functioning if not what should I do when I must go? Etc.
Pros
Easy undemanding work
Cons
Bad management, unorganized staff, bad tracking systems of employees, low pay
Hire everyone and employ no one...
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB27 May 2016
I was under the impression I was hired to work a full time job. Spent months on end with very little hours. Company does not place you where you can shine they place you where you are most aggravated and in the most danger. Promise benefits after 6 months but only if you work enough hours...which they don't give you! A real sugar show. Run screaming.
Pros
A new career
Cons
No hours
It was a job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB14 December 2016
It wasn't the hardest of jobs, it paid well for the time, but the manager at the time sat on to many contracts and i was with out work after the job i was out finished. Never the less still a good job.
Pros
Good hours, good pay.
Cons
No job security, can get boring
If you want to be respected..goodluck!
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON17 January 2017
They care way more about keeping their contracts than they do ensuring their employees are taken care of or happy.

If you want an easy job, go for it. If you want to actually enjoy and/or feel like management cares..don't waste your time.
Great company to start
Security Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 January 2017
I`ve worked with paladin for one year, and I've had great opportunities to meet fascinating people. The management is excellent, out of many security companies I put paladin in the top 5.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Starting pay
Hospital environment
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 September 2016
Getting ready for the job today would include, checking grooming and uniform.
Signing in at the Security Office and receiving directions as to where you are to work today.
Being escorted sometimes to the prospective floor.
Meeting with the nurse on duty and becoming familiar with the patient that you would be attended to for the next 12 hours.
Checking on the patient every half hour although you still remain seated or standing where the patient is.
Taking assigned breaks with a replacement guard until you return. Checking with guard to make sure everyone is clear as to who stays with the patient and when asked go to another patients floor and assist there or emergency stand.
Signing out at the end of the shift and making sure you have your notebook on hand at all times.
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
12 hour shifts
Challenging, although with lots of support
Agent de sécurité (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC3 January 2017
Fun co-workers, very interesting management that give enough tools to accomplish the daily task, regardless of circumstances on the field.
Great company name but poor management communication
Security Agent, September (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 July 2016
Working for Paladin Security taught me a lot about security and protocol they even helped me get a licence. The company unfortunately isn't as concerned about its workers safety or their well being as much as they claim to be. Contacting management to make suggestions though encouraged it is difficult to do so from time to time and tends to paint a target on you. The hardest part about the job would be dealing with highly intoxicated or mentally ill vagrants who are tress passing. The people i worked with were great! Always on the same page, productive, great work ethic, and most importantly great communication and concern for each others well being. Your typical day would go along the lines of Walk in, fill out paper work and book on. Keep track of everything that you've done from time and place to actions taken and conditions or concerns you may have about a incident or possible incident that may occur if proper actions aren't taken to rectify, any urgent matter contact the proper person in charge of fixing it. Emphasis lies on Observe, Report and if possible Deter.
Pros
Great co- workers
Cons
Management isn't always able to resolve important safety hazards

2.9