Paladin Security

Paladin Security Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good work enviorment
Security Guard (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 28, 2015
Pros: great staff
Cons: wage
Paladin has been a great introduction for me in the security field. There is always new things to be learned. Learning about mental health patients has been very interesting and I believe will help me in the future. The downside is the wage,
No Advancement
Security Guard (Former Employee), St. John's, NLJuly 27, 2015
No advancement within. Poor on the job training. Local Management builds team on relationships instead of performance. Not the company I thought it was.
Company Doesn't Seem To Care About Staff
Security/Mental Health Officer (Former Employee), TorontoJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Mental Health Experience
Cons: Terrible Yellow Uniform, Underpaid
Paladin offered great positions for experience moving forward. Paladin seems to take advantage of this by offering their employees the bare minimum in compensation.
Good Company
Security and Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Good job culture
Cons: Advancement opportunities limited
Nice company to work for ... best in the industry. Managers very open and flexible to your time and work preferences. Good training provided
Paladin Security Large Security Company
Security Officer (Former Employee), Prince George BCJune 20, 2015
Cons: shift work on call and poor communication
Recently worked for Paladin Security.
All to say is I think they need more communication with the poor management skills they have with in there company.
Training is good online training they really need to work on time management they would reduce turnover with a little thing called respect the employee.
Rewarding job with long shifts
Security Officer (Former Employee), Halifax, NSJune 15, 2015
A typical day at work would always start at either 8am or 8pm, and would last 12 hours until the next team relived you. You would work 2 day shifts and 2 nights shifts, following 4 days off. As a Dispatch Officer I would sit most of the day, in the main lobby, watching cameras, inputing details into Excel and Word of the events that occurred that day. Every 4 hours your team would do rounds around the buildings, you would input those logs into Excel. Since you are sitting at the main entrance your role as dispatch officer, is also the role of Information and customer service to the hospitals visitors and staff. All codes (for example; fires or missing patients) would come through the main phone line, where the dispatcher would respond and dispatch all units to a certain spot. You learned to trust your team and be part of a team, the people you worked with became more than just coworkers, more like a family. The hardest part of the job though is being able to sit for 12 hours straight, and being able to stay awake through the back shifts.
They care more about the bttom line then the community.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Edmonton ABJune 8, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: everything
Condescending management that cares more about the bottom line then their officers and community. Former RCMP who know a lot about law enforcement and very little about contract security dominate management. Managment tends to play favorites. Avoid at all costs.
Do not develop personal attachments to client or coworkers.
Executive Protection (Current Employee), ABMay 31, 2015
Pros: Possible unique proffessional experience if you want to analyse events. ts. .
Cons: Do not count on special recognition for your work.
Minimal contact with your superiors if everything goes right, in casse of real or fiction complains, you be pull out of your task on site.
fun
Concierge (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 29, 2015
Pros: lunch / break
Cons: management
the daily routine was hard.
I learned to embrace & enjoy team work.
no comment on management.
I meet some real funny people.hardest part of the day was looking for a place to change after work being as we had to keep our PPE on until we exited the site. the most enjoyable time of the day is conversation time at break and lunch.
Good start workplace, with oppurtunity for advancement
Site Manager (Former Employee), Fort McMurrayMay 23, 2015
It is a workplace that offered me the chance to be on site for the first time in my life.

I learned a lot about how site worked, what different types of trades are on site, what oppurtunities there could be for me in the future.

This company offers a lot of opportunity for advancement, within a year I went from a basic guard, team lead, supervisor, Site manager.
Helped me get guaranteed income and benefits
Security Guard (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 21, 2015
It's a very sporadic job but it helped pay the bills. It's not always guaranteed. Its pretty much a hit or miss but for the most part it was alright.
Staff not treated well
Mobile Security Officer (Former Employee), Brandon, MBMay 12, 2015
I had to work 12 hour shifts at some events without having breaks or meals. Employees are neglected in general, and there was usually a shortage of vehicles for mobile positions.
Friendly office staffs
Regular Security and Patient Watch Attendant (Current Employee), edmontonMay 4, 2015
Pros: easy approach toward office team
Cons: sometimes few hours
Starting with Paladin is a very good experience. opportunity to gather experience in versatile security fields. most of the time very long shift like 12 hrs. management is satisfactory. team work appreciable. bad part of it is sometimes no schedule, no money. enjoyable part is yearly employee celebration party with friends and family.
St. John's Paladin management is ruining Paladin's reputation
Security Officer (Current Employee), St. John's, NLMay 2, 2015
Pros: Some coworkers
Cons: CSM Manager
First of all let me say this loud and clear.. The Client Service Manager and some supervisors are such awful examples of leaders it is disgusting and depriving the reputation of Paladin Canada as a whole. Not only do they not appreciate your work effort, or coming into shifts on such short notice, they favor certain employees who suck up to management and also allow it to be 'okay' for them favored employees to constantly call in sick and switch shifts... they give you ZERO opportunity for growth or ability to prove your potential. They make you feel as if you are worthless and just another body to fill the shift. Back to specifically, the horrible Client Service Manager, Gareth. He does not care about his employees, as he could care less about someones personal interest or problems. Close to 95% of officers do not agree with the way he is transitioning the company or even like him for that matter. I am going to leave it with this, I would not be surprised if Paladin Newfoundland has the highest turnover rate, and it is due to the fact of unacceptable management. I would not recommend working for this company in Newfoundland until management changes. As far as Paladin offices in other provinces, I think they are fantastic! It just goes to show that one bad apple can spoil the entire orchard.
hate this job
Security Guard (Current Employee), Halifax, NSApril 26, 2015
great work environment
good food
dependable employees
dependable employers
helped me be overall healthy
challenged me to work harder
made me a better person
Real down to earth managers who took care of there workers especially in Health Care Divisiion.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Vancouver BC CanadaMarch 31, 2015
Pros: If your serious about promotion, managers are there to help
Cons: pay not the best but you can move up in the company
Paladin Security company BC Canada was a awesome place to work.this company spends a lot on training an. development of its workers hence the high standards. Health Care Security provider in BC was the area to be in. Kudos to the team. Go paladin Go.
Very convenient and supportive
Security Guard (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 30, 2015
Shifts are very easy to pick up by calling operations
Shifts are usually 12 hours long
No significant difference between overnight and day shifts
Very solid experience with mental health patients
customer service and sales, I decided (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 4, 2015
Pros: paid breaks.
Cons: low wages.
My experience with Paladin Security was very good. I truly appreciated my experience with the mental health departments with various hospitals. I loved the fact I can communicate and have the opportunity to deal with high stress situations on a daily basis. Only down part about this company is the pay. I wish the pay was a little bit higher, perhaps 13.50-14.50/h. Other than that, everything else is fantastic.
Awesome training programs
Security Officer (Former Employee), Victoria, BCFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: training, support, safety policy
Cons: pay
It was one of the best run companies I have worked with. Assistance was readily available, radio communication made safety better.
Love my job
Security Guard (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: pay isn't that great for the amount of work done.
Although its ups and downs...I do love my job. I've been working for Paladin for 8 years and love what I do. I of course, mostly enjoy the site I've been working at and the great people I have met along the way. I try to provide the best quality service I can to represent the company I work for and please the client at the same time. I have trained a variety of officers whom all were amazing people. Even though we don't get paid much for what we do...the job has taught me a lot to advance my self using the skills I have acquired over the years. There really is no care for the work we do though. I don't like being forced on site when I have other obligations elsewhere...ie, other job. When It affects my life, that is no good. But I give it my all. I work nights and love it. A day for me is quite smooth as I know my job, so of course it comes easy, but it does have its challenges when they arise and I pull through the best I can.

1 2 3 4 5

About Paladin Security

Paladin is a security super-company with resources and expertise that span all asset protection specialties. By establishing highly – Read more