Paladin Security Employee Reviews

Good Job, but with Some Setbacks
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB14 September 2016
I've worked at this career for almost two years and I'd say it has been an overall positive experience. The compensation is generous, and the work is rewarding and exciting. The healthcare position I worked had 12 hour shifts which could tend to drag on at times, but constant activity could make the shifts fly by at times, and a four day weekend every week can't be beat.
Cons
Long hours, dangerous
Nice company. Management ok. Lots of hours available
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON13 September 2016
Salary is low just like most security companies. Management are pretty good for people that work hard. Lots of hours available. Promotion within. Lots of opportunites. Dont apply here if your looking for a free ride.
good
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 September 2016
Its good company and having professional approach towards all employees and clients . I learned work culture of Canada. Management is good. some co worker are good and some are bad. Hardest part is working long hours while standing.Public relation is enjoyable part .
Pros
Professionalism
Cons
Long Hours
Say no to parking
security officer /parking enforcement officer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 September 2016
If you must work wirh this company. Stay with the health care or security posting. Stay away from the parking enforcement side. It is a separate office and has tons of internal office issues. Management is terrible and head office does nothing. ...
Pros
money
Cons
people will not like your job, ridiculous office politics, feels like high school, Management is B.S.
Pays the rent
Healthcare Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC6 December 2016
Rumours are that Paladin gets its contracts by under paying their employees. However, it is one of the easier jobs to get out there and can advance you to other careers ( so i have heard).
Pros
Good employees
Cons
Management treats employees more like units of profit rather than human beings.
It was Ok
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 April 2016
The general culture and work/life balance is great
The Case management is terrible really don't care about there customers
Little to no advancement
while I was there $15/hr. was good but now that's minimum wage
Pros
Meet some great people and very easy work
Cons
no Advancement and case managers havent got a clue
Protecting can be difficult
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 August 2016
I had a permanent post but it was overnight (6pm-6am). There was no room to improve on these hours or any way that it may lead to having days shift. I really enjoyed this site, because they're were lots of great people, and it was a college environment, which was great. But had to leave this site, when asked to be posted during days. After, I moved around a lot. Until I got this site that involved man-operating elevator. It was physically demanding. I left because of injury of repetitive movement and also due to a fall/trip.
Pros
Lots of understanding people, espicially in management
Cons
Difficult to have life balance depending on hours
Friendly and approachable staff and positive work environment
ID Station Attendant (Current Employee) –  Fort Mackay, AB23 July 2016
It was very convenient staying at the same camp that I worked at. Our meals were included with the job and the rooms at the camp were very nice.
I learned how to use and operate the EBI computer system to process all employees.
The management team, as well as my coworkers were all very warm and inviting. If we ever needed any help or advice, we weren't afraid to ask and everyone was very helpful.
The hardest days were the slow days, when you got all your work done early and it wasn't very busy, so you had to find tasks to keep you busy.
I really loved talking to all the staff about there past experiences and day to day interactions with everyone. It made for a very positive and exciting work place.
Pros
Free room and board, as well as free meals in camp
Cons
Some slower days
discrimination in the company (Manitoba)
Security guard (Former Employee) –  Manitoba3 September 2016
They don't hire disability people,

Human rights should check into this.

This company don't deserve Cilents, I hope the cilents will find this useful.
Pros
Career promotion
Cons
Poor management
Hire everyone and employ no one...
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB27 May 2016
I was under the impression I was hired to work a full time job. Spent months on end with very little hours. Company does not place you where you can shine they place you where you are most aggravated and in the most danger. Promise benefits after 6 months but only if you work enough hours...which they don't give you! A real sugar show. Run screaming.
Pros
A new career
Cons
No hours
Great Experience but Needs Rearrangement
Security Guard - Valley Regional Hospital (Current Employee) –  Kentville, NS1 December 2016
I loved my work, but there was no way of flexibility in terms of hours. I advise the management to consider switching their shift work to three 8 hour rotations rather than two 12 hour rotations. I believe they would have a lot more people interested in taking shifts if that were the case.
Chaotic, unorganized and uncaring.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 September 2016
You're just a number to them you get sent to a site and literally all they tell you is go there. There are most of the time no further details, have to inquire, am I being relieved? Where do I get the key? How should I take my brakes? What if I'm hungry? Where's the a bathroom, is it functioning if not what should I do when I must go? Etc.
Pros
Easy undemanding work
Cons
Bad management, unorganized staff, bad tracking systems of employees, low pay
Great company name but poor management communication
Security Agent, September (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 July 2016
Working for Paladin Security taught me a lot about security and protocol they even helped me get a licence. The company unfortunately isn't as concerned about its workers safety or their well being as much as they claim to be. Contacting management to make suggestions though encouraged it is difficult to do so from time to time and tends to paint a target on you. The hardest part about the job would be dealing with highly intoxicated or mentally ill vagrants who are tress passing. The people i worked with were great! Always on the same page, productive, great work ethic, and most importantly great communication and concern for each others well being. Your typical day would go along the lines of Walk in, fill out paper work and book on. Keep track of everything that you've done from time and place to actions taken and conditions or concerns you may have about a incident or possible incident that may occur if proper actions aren't taken to rectify, any urgent matter contact the proper person in charge of fixing it. Emphasis lies on Observe, Report and if possible Deter.
Pros
Great co- workers
Cons
Management isn't always able to resolve important safety hazards
Hospital environment
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 September 2016
Getting ready for the job today would include, checking grooming and uniform.
Signing in at the Security Office and receiving directions as to where you are to work today.
Being escorted sometimes to the prospective floor.
Meeting with the nurse on duty and becoming familiar with the patient that you would be attended to for the next 12 hours.
Checking on the patient every half hour although you still remain seated or standing where the patient is.
Taking assigned breaks with a replacement guard until you return. Checking with guard to make sure everyone is clear as to who stays with the patient and when asked go to another patients floor and assist there or emergency stand.
Signing out at the end of the shift and making sure you have your notebook on hand at all times.
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
12 hour shifts
Working at a healthcare facility.
Health Care Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS28 January 2016
Typical day at work: Can be busy during the daytime shifts. Slower at night.
What you learn: Teamwork building, communication skills, emergency response, schedules, procedures, health and safety.
Management: Site supervisor is very good and efficient with schedules and fairness when it comes to wanting time off.
Hardest part: hours and day to night shift cycles.
Enjoyable part: gaining experience for personal growth. Learning new skills.
Pros
Experience gained, inside work.
Cons
Long hours, transistioning from day shifts to night shifts and vice versa.
Operations Manager
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort mcmurray2 September 2016
Responsible for 250 employees on site and worked very close on
payroll and Scheduling.
working close with the client and meet their expectations.
The most i liked on the job was the fast past and interaction with all the people.
Pros
interaction with people
High Profile (Retail) Security Agent
High Profile (Retail) Security Agent (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 September 2016
A typical day starts 15 minutes before shift start with a call into Operation booking on your shift and filling out your notebook. After that all sites vary greatly but you expect to have be walking constantly, and keeping track of your movements, interaction and incidents. This is because you are an agent (not an officer) of the property and as such act with the authority of the property owner. Its an enjoyable job with lots of possibilities to work both inside and outside. Training and Certifications (except the criminal background check) will provided or paid for by Paladin. The administrative staff do have a very tough job, but will try to work with you to develop a schedule around your needs. The General Public interactions you will probably have if work in highly public places will involving name calling and dealing with aggressive individuals.
Pros
4 days on, 4 days off, all the overtime you want
Cons
Long Days, Very Erratic Daily Events
The Paladin Indifference
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS7 August 2016
Do not even apply to this company.
I made the mistake of being "employed" with this company and regret it. They'll hire you before you know it, and for good reason.
You have to pay for training, uniform, and important gear yourself.
They may say "Free" but really what they're doing is running up a tab(or an Investment as they call it) for you till they claw enough pay from you, which is the extent of the "Probationary Period" most likely.
If you see them, run.
If you're in the training process, pay your dues before they get you to pay for the uniform also, and then get out that door lickity split. I'm pretty sure most of their income
Please read all these other reviews also, they'll include things I've probably not mentioned.
Pros
semi-good training
Cons
Evil-Corporate Security Company, also $11/h? you can do much better!
A good starting point
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 August 2016
Paladin is a good starting point, depending on what you are looking to get into. When I was first hired, I had to pick up random shifts at different sites until I was posted at one specific site. The pay is horrible, especially for what we have to do sometimes. However, if you can breathe and spell your name... they'll give you a job!!

If you need extra hours, there's always sites available. And their call centre will call you at all hours of the night, relentlessly asking you to take shifts all over the place.

When the company tells you they will reimburse you for something, always find out exact details... they tend to say they will but then say your site may not require whatever you've purchased and then you are out the money!
Pros
You have a job
Cons
Pay check is always short, they treat you like you are replaceable, uniform is uncomfortable
It was really good place to work.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 July 2016
It was a really good experience working with Paladin security. Working with Peace Officers and you can learn a lot from them. Lots of room to go upwards in Company.
Pros
Breaks are paid
Cons
Long Hours

2.9