Paladin Security Employee Reviews

Not a bad company to work for
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB30 January 2017
Not a bad company to work for - have certainly worked for some that are much worse, Cannot give them 5 stars because: Management could use some improvement - promote from within seemingly without much regard as to skills and abilities. Unless you are fortunate to be posted to a site with regular hours you may be scrambling to make ends meet financially. If the company loses a contract you could find yourself without enough hours to earn a livable wage.
Pros
If you enjoy dealing with people many sites will give you lots of people contact
Cons
Instability, shift work
Productive and Enjoyable place to work
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 January 2017
A typical day at work for myself would be patrolling the building, door lock-ups, assisting with mental health patients, monitoring parking lots, and patient watches.

The most enjoyable part of the job is receiving satisfaction from the employees and satisfaction of a safe environment.

As for the management, it was fine. I worked with a higher level of management, although they are hard to get a hold of. For example, once you request something, it is difficult to receive an answer.

As for co-workers, they are all easy to get along with and I enjoy working with them.
Productive workplace
Healthcare Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 January 2017

As for the management, it was fine.

Job was sometimes fun and the management at times were good.
Secuity professional (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 February 2017
A typical day at work involved doing regular patrols to make sure the site was safe and secure or driving to different sites doing the same thing.
I learned how to be observant and be in constant communication with my colleagues and debriefing them on important information before starting their shifts.
Pros
Job was flexible
Cons
Management wasn't always good
It was a good city job.
Dispatching/Team-lead (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 December 2016
The job was based in a hospital called Albert Hospital, which was located 10 min away from my house. I was dispatching for hospital security and peace officers to emergency situations in the hospital.

The hours were draining and getting days off would be hard to receive.
Even though it would get hard and overwhelming in a fast paced environment, i loved the job and it was a way for me to help others and making sure that clients, patients and staff were safe and comfortable.
Great place to work with friendly coworkers and management
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 December 2016
At Paladin security I was able to learn a lot about how to deal with unwanted and unsavory individuals including street people. Access control and contractor assistance was a great part of my day as I was able to create good relationships. Guiding the general public to destinations in the area was a forte of mine and and I really enjoyed it.
Pros
Able to help and meet lots of interesting local people
Overall negative experience
Weekend Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 January 2017
The training is sub par, your instructor will be late everyday after explaining the importance of arriving early. Only the Basic Security training and any first aid training they give you is applicable to the outside world. The rest of it just paperwork to prove you have been informed of certain situations and the "procedures" behind them. The CSM's vary from blunt and obnoxious to timid and limp, there is zero continuity within any level of management. My past experience was overlooked arbitrarily, and I was constantly spoken down to with my optimal work being ignored and any and every mistake over analyzed and scrutinized heavily. Lastly, payroll will mess up indefinitely on anything to do.with a paycheque. Work here for yourself, and at your own risk.
Pros
Access to restricted information and nifty things
Cons
Read the review
easy job, low pay
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 November 2016
Usually, a day consists of watching cameras and doing patrols. I learnt to be more pro active and confident. it is managed fairly well and the people that I work with are easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job is not being bored and being able to deal with problems. The easiest part of the job is answering phiones and watching cameras.
Pros
easy, good opportunity
Cons
low pay, boring shiftd
Great Experience but Needs Rearrangement
Security Guard - Valley Regional Hospital (Current Employee) –  Kentville, NS1 December 2016
I loved my work, but there was no way of flexibility in terms of hours. I advise the management to consider switching their shift work to three 8 hour rotations rather than two 12 hour rotations. I believe they would have a lot more people interested in taking shifts if that were the case.
Horrible employer Good experience for another career
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  various sites in alberta24 September 2016
Horrible wages that they lie about when you join. High turn over rate for a very good reason. Does not give you the PPE you need for the job and does not compensate you when you purchase what you need yourself. Promises you a uniform and only gives you half. Employer treats employees like garbage.
Pros
will pay for your security license
Cons
does not give needed PPE does not pay well for the risks you face daily.
Chaotic, unorganized and uncaring.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 September 2016
You're just a number to them you get sent to a site and literally all they tell you is go there. There are most of the time no further details, have to inquire, am I being relieved? Where do I get the key? How should I take my brakes? What if I'm hungry? Where's the a bathroom, is it functioning if not what should I do when I must go? Etc.
Pros
Easy undemanding work
Cons
Bad management, unorganized staff, bad tracking systems of employees, low pay
Pays the rent
Healthcare Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC6 December 2016
Rumours are that Paladin gets its contracts by under paying their employees. However, it is one of the easier jobs to get out there and can advance you to other careers ( so i have heard).
Pros
Good employees
Cons
Management treats employees more like units of profit rather than human beings.
Hospital environment
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 September 2016
Getting ready for the job today would include, checking grooming and uniform.
Signing in at the Security Office and receiving directions as to where you are to work today.
Being escorted sometimes to the prospective floor.
Meeting with the nurse on duty and becoming familiar with the patient that you would be attended to for the next 12 hours.
Checking on the patient every half hour although you still remain seated or standing where the patient is.
Taking assigned breaks with a replacement guard until you return. Checking with guard to make sure everyone is clear as to who stays with the patient and when asked go to another patients floor and assist there or emergency stand.
Signing out at the end of the shift and making sure you have your notebook on hand at all times.
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
12 hour shifts
Good Job, but with Some Setbacks
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB14 September 2016
I've worked at this career for almost two years and I'd say it has been an overall positive experience. The compensation is generous, and the work is rewarding and exciting. The healthcare position I worked had 12 hour shifts which could tend to drag on at times, but constant activity could make the shifts fly by at times, and a four day weekend every week can't be beat.
Cons
Long hours, dangerous
Say no to parking
security officer /parking enforcement officer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 September 2016
If you must work wirh this company. Stay with the health care or security posting. Stay away from the parking enforcement side. It is a separate office and has tons of internal office issues. Management is terrible and head office does nothing. ...
Pros
money
Cons
people will not like your job, ridiculous office politics, feels like high school, Management is B.S.
Great company to work for
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB24 October 2016
Security work is always interesting-mostly twelve hour shifts, a lot of them in isolated areas. The hardest part of the job was not knowing when or where your next job would come from and maybe not have enough hours. The most enjoyable part was the job itself.
Pros
camp jobs
Cons
never knowing where or when
If you want to be respected..goodluck!
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON17 January 2017
They care way more about keeping their contracts than they do ensuring their employees are taken care of or happy.

If you want an easy job, go for it. If you want to actually enjoy and/or feel like management cares..don't waste your time.
They hire everyone and employ no one
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB5 February 2017
Hire everyone that walks in the door and then you sit and wait for work. Unsafe work conditions alot of the time and major harassment from male Co workers when you finally get hours.
Pros
Not physically demanding
Cons
No scheduled hours
Monotonous
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB30 August 2016
Patient watch- sit/follow for 12hrs a day/night watching and logging patients actions/interactions. Shifts 4on 4off

Rural Hospitals- patrol interior and exterior of hospital every hr for 12hrs. Shifts 4on 4off

Park Place Mall- continuous patrols around mall, prevent thefts, make arrests when needed, escort unwanted patrons off site, issue bans when needed. 8hr shifts
Cons
long hrs, working with a lot of kids
great work place
Security Officer (Loss Prevention TJX) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 January 2017
Great place to work, as a new immigrant to Canada I learned a lot while working here. Here I learned about Canadian work culture. People in company very informative and provide good training.
Pros
Social Events
Cons
Low salary

2.9