Paladin Security Employee Reviews

Terrible management, low pay rate
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS13 March 2017
i can only speak for the Halifax branch as i have only ever worked at this one and i personally think monkeys could run it better. The management does not care about their employees and make lots of promises that are not kept, the take advantage of new people and put them in extremely uncomfortable situations and doesn't both to even check to make sure everything is okay. Annual raises are promised and when the time comes for the raise and evaluation employees are told "The company cant afford to give their staff raises" .... This place is a joke and then they wonder why people do not take their jobs seriously
Pros
4 days off
Cons
long hours, poor pay, terrible management.
The best company I've had a pleasure to work for
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS1 March 2017
*Halifax, NS Branch*

I can honestly say that this is one of the best companies I have had the pleasure to work for. Upper management truly cares about their staff. The upper management listens, and will help when they can. However, some field management/supervisors are quick to pull out their written warnings and report you, without your side of the story.

The company offers quite a lot of benefits for their employees. The only reason for the 3* for the Salary/Benefits is due to the low amount of raises handed out to employees. Whether it's been a year, or multiple years, it seems like they don't want to have to pay more out to their employees.
Pros
Management, Benefits, Atmosphere, Co-Workers
Cons
Pay
Never a dull moment.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 March 2017
Paladin is known on resumes and highly looked at for specific career moves in and around the field. e.g policing and corrections are a huge move for a lot of employees.
On the other hand the staff are extremely under paid for the work environment they are expected to deal with on a daily. Also overwhelmingly understaffed and remainder of the staff are over worked to cover for lack of.
Pros
Great learning curve for corrections or policing
Cons
rate of pay/benefits and work hazards
Good Job, but with Some Setbacks
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB14 September 2016
I've worked at this career for almost two years and I'd say it has been an overall positive experience. The compensation is generous, and the work is rewarding and exciting. The healthcare position I worked had 12 hour shifts which could tend to drag on at times, but constant activity could make the shifts fly by at times, and a four day weekend every week can't be beat.
Cons
Long hours, dangerous
Nice company. Management ok. Lots of hours available
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON13 September 2016
Salary is low just like most security companies. Management are pretty good for people that work hard. Lots of hours available. Promotion within. Lots of opportunites. Dont apply here if your looking for a free ride.
great work place
Security Officer (Loss Prevention TJX) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 January 2017
Great place to work, as a new immigrant to Canada I learned a lot while working here. Here I learned about Canadian work culture. People in company very informative and provide good training.
Pros
Social Events
Cons
Low salary
Overall negative experience
Weekend Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 January 2017
The training is sub par, your instructor will be late everyday after explaining the importance of arriving early. Only the Basic Security training and any first aid training they give you is applicable to the outside world. The rest of it just paperwork to prove you have been informed of certain situations and the "procedures" behind them. The CSM's vary from blunt and obnoxious to timid and limp, there is zero continuity within any level of management. My past experience was overlooked arbitrarily, and I was constantly spoken down to with my optimal work being ignored and any and every mistake over analyzed and scrutinized heavily. Lastly, payroll will mess up indefinitely on anything to do.with a paycheque. Work here for yourself, and at your own risk.
Pros
Access to restricted information and nifty things
Cons
Read the review
good
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 September 2016
Its good company and having professional approach towards all employees and clients . I learned work culture of Canada. Management is good. some co worker are good and some are bad. Hardest part is working long hours while standing.Public relation is enjoyable part .
Pros
Professionalism
Cons
Long Hours
Pays the rent
Healthcare Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC6 December 2016
Rumours are that Paladin gets its contracts by under paying their employees. However, it is one of the easier jobs to get out there and can advance you to other careers ( so i have heard).
Pros
Good employees
Cons
Management treats employees more like units of profit rather than human beings.
Secure full time job
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  North York, ON23 January 2017
Basically this company gives you that job security feeling. It is very hard to find a full time job that provides benefits for yourself and your family
Pros
Secure job
Cons
Low pay
Not a bad company to work for
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB30 January 2017
Not a bad company to work for - have certainly worked for some that are much worse, Cannot give them 5 stars because: Management could use some improvement - promote from within seemingly without much regard as to skills and abilities. Unless you are fortunate to be posted to a site with regular hours you may be scrambling to make ends meet financially. If the company loses a contract you could find yourself without enough hours to earn a livable wage.
Pros
If you enjoy dealing with people many sites will give you lots of people contact
Cons
Instability, shift work
Productive and Enjoyable place to work
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 January 2017
A typical day at work for myself would be patrolling the building, door lock-ups, assisting with mental health patients, monitoring parking lots, and patient watches.

The most enjoyable part of the job is receiving satisfaction from the employees and satisfaction of a safe environment.

As for the management, it was fine. I worked with a higher level of management, although they are hard to get a hold of. For example, once you request something, it is difficult to receive an answer.

As for co-workers, they are all easy to get along with and I enjoy working with them.
Say no to parking
security officer /parking enforcement officer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 September 2016
If you must work wirh this company. Stay with the health care or security posting. Stay away from the parking enforcement side. It is a separate office and has tons of internal office issues. Management is terrible and head office does nothing. ...
Pros
money
Cons
people will not like your job, ridiculous office politics, feels like high school, Management is B.S.
Productive workplace
Healthcare Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 January 2017

As for the management, it was fine.

Organized, professional, flexible
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 March 2017
The company is generally good. At times shifts are called off in the middle of work hours without compensation. Most of the on call staff gets shifts in Vancouver and travelling early morning on weekends is not possible because of unavailability of transit.
Pros
Flexible, organized, caring
Cons
Long distance shifts with no travel, food or parking coverage
Great place to work with friendly coworkers and management
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 December 2016
At Paladin security I was able to learn a lot about how to deal with unwanted and unsavory individuals including street people. Access control and contractor assistance was a great part of my day as I was able to create good relationships. Guiding the general public to destinations in the area was a forte of mine and and I really enjoyed it.
Pros
Able to help and meet lots of interesting local people
Cons
Job was sometimes fun and the management at times were good.
Secuity professional (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB1 February 2017
A typical day at work involved doing regular patrols to make sure the site was safe and secure or driving to different sites doing the same thing.
I learned how to be observant and be in constant communication with my colleagues and debriefing them on important information before starting their shifts.
Pros
Job was flexible
Cons
Management wasn't always good
Mature and Reliable
Security Sites Supervisor for ATCO (Former Employee) –  Calgary AB28 February 2017
A good mature,steady, reliable, long time supervisor/management employee fit for a Security company going forward. Ran(7 years) the whole southern operation for ATCO Frontec Security before it was sold to Paladin which I stayed for another 7 years.
Pros
putting in a productive/good days work
Security Agent (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC22 February 2017
I enjoy working the 3 or 4 12 hour shifts and then having 3 or 4 days off each week. the people are good to work with but there is not much room for advancement.
Pros
work alone
Cons
no back up for difficult situations
Great Experience but Needs Rearrangement
Security Guard - Valley Regional Hospital (Current Employee) –  Kentville, NS1 December 2016
I loved my work, but there was no way of flexibility in terms of hours. I advise the management to consider switching their shift work to three 8 hour rotations rather than two 12 hour rotations. I believe they would have a lot more people interested in taking shifts if that were the case.

2.8