Paladin Security

Paladin Security Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent company
Security Guard (Former Employee), Leduc HospitalJanuary 30, 2016
Pros: Different locations
Cons: 12 hr shifts
I have never had a problem with this firm. They are fair, understanding and help their employees as much as possible. They supply all the items you need for work and are very coordinated.
Working at a healthcare facility.
Health Care Security Officer (Current Employee), Halifax, NSJanuary 28, 2016
Pros: Experience gained, inside work.
Cons: Long hours, transistioning from day shifts to night shifts and vice versa.
Typical day at work: Can be busy during the daytime shifts. Slower at night.
What you learn: Teamwork building, communication skills, emergency response, schedules, procedures, health and safety.
Management: Site supervisor is very good and efficient with schedules and fairness when it comes to wanting time off.
Hardest part: hours and day to night shift cycles.
Enjoyable part: gaining experience for personal growth. Learning new skills.
ok enviorement
Security guard (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 6, 2016
Pros: good salary
Cons: long hours
It was good to work with Paladin,but there was very little room to learn. There was no team work concept. I learn to be a good security guard with Paladin.
Most enjoyable part of this job was was I learn to communicate.
overall great company to work for
Guard (Current Employee), Sydney, NSJanuary 5, 2016
Great place to work , i would like to get more hours. I would have liked to get full time with them however tehre was not a lot of work.
Learning Environment
Security Shift Supervisor (Current Employee), TELUS 3777 Kingsway BURNABYJanuary 3, 2016
Pros: Flexible Hours
Cons: Salary
Working at Paladin has been a wonderful experience. Learnt a lot of new things and still learning everyday. Procedures and regulations are strict and must be followed. highly disciplined environment.
my job
Security Guard (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 2, 2016
My day is 12 hr days. I've learned the importance of safety and the importance of access control. The management go above and beyond to help my co workers and me. The team that I work with are eager and willing to offer help whether voluntarily or when I ask. The most difficult part of the job is actually not the job itself but with me. I try so hard to be perfect. The most enjoyable part of my day is knowing that the I do the best that I can to help make the company successful.
stressful work environment
Security officer UHNBC (Former Employee), Prince George, BCDecember 27, 2015
Pros: min wage job
Cons: management
the stress was caused by poor management. the people i worked with were amazing, but the management was sub-standard. if you try and file a complaint, it is passed over and you are told that manager is improving, dont worry about it.
the upper management would rather get the contract and not take care of the worker
Good for potential EPS applicants
Security Guard (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 22, 2015
Pros: Very easy job
Cons: Angry people, Little pay, horrible hours.
Little pay for the amount of grief you get from people. Job atmosphere is not pleasant but depending on where you work staff can be nice and helpful. Job is not difficult and definitely not physically demanding. Sit at desk for 12 hours then patrol every hour or two for a couple minutes then sit at desk again.
something is better than nothing
Security Officer (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCDecember 8, 2015
Working in paladin is good,but you do not have any permanent site.you have to go at different sites.co-workers are good,good management.
Productive and Positive Work Enviroment
Security Guard (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 7, 2015
I feel working with Paladin has taught me great customer service skills and also taught me the best ways to handle tough situations.
Menial job, high turnover and staff shortages, low wages
Security Guard (Former Employee), Burnaby, BCDecember 3, 2015
Pros: Company Culture
Cons: Low wages, overworked, staff shortage
Good culture no doubt, but the turnover and staff shortages is very apparent and has very overworked staff and increased stress caused by this. Wages is low for the type of job and really is not worth the time.
productive and intense environment to work
Extra Coverage Security Guard (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 2, 2015
Pros: Take my work seriously
Cons: long hours
As a security guard, I gained a lot of experience dealing with different kind of sick patients and criminals. I handled the situation by firstly calling for back up and 911. Secondly, specially with the patients I had to make sure I am calm so that the patient stays calm. I have to make sure no sharp objects are near by for safety reasons for both of us, the guard and the patient. Lastly, the most enjoyable part of the job is when there are more than one guard on site so as to work in teams in more enjoyable than working alone.
It is an exciting job to do ,There's always something new to learn and gain more experience in this field
Mobile Patrol (Current Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 19, 2015
Pros: In summer we try to get cold water for all guards and in winter coffee for everyone, .
Cons: when its hard to help everyone in crazy winter situation, when guards are stuck its hard, but i try to keep my options before this situtation
Well , I Personally think that we all should love what we do everyday . Its always great to love your job and be excited to do something new everyday thats always my idea . My day at work is actually awesome I get to meet new clients and train employees in a way that they would feel awesome to work in the company. I have learned to do your job properly and always help your co workers be being nice to them always so in future they will help you too and stand with you. The management team at my work is awesome they are so nice and they always listen to my any issues i am having and they always try to help me out .As i mention before i am always nice to my co workers and they always help me and we all understand each other .The hardest part of the job is when i am stuck at a site i am the only one working that day makes it harder when an alarm comes in , but i try to call guards to cover the site so i can do the alarm because of my nice relation with the guards they always come and help me out .
Everything at my work is fun and exciting to do .For me i believe its driving and meeting new people doing alarm respondes and helping out other guards and visiting them and having great time by always having smile on my face.
Security
Security Guard (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 16, 2015
Typical Day would be starting the shift and patrolling, writing in the memobooks, ensuring safety, and making sure the perimeter is safe also
Draining and unfulfilling job experience
Operations (Former Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 15, 2015
Cons: Long hours, going back and forth between day and night shift, little to no training
Overall there is a lack of organization and rules. Everything is made up on a day to day basis. Calls are not recorded and there is a constant he said she said battle. The job does not pay well enough to account for the stress.
Productive Security Guard
Security Guard (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 14, 2015
A fun ecstatic work place with wonderful co-workers. My management team looks at how you deal with difficult civilians. I have learned a lot working as a security guard, how to deal with the public more efficiently. I love every part of my job and making my work place a better environment for the community.
Terrible company
COMMUNICATIONS OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), toronto, onNovember 10, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: long hours disrepected
if you are desperate and need work - you will get it.

if you want to be treated well and enjoy yourself. this is not the place.
Workload does not meet the pay
St. Joseph's Mental Health Security Guard (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONNovember 10, 2015
Pros: Good hands on experience
Cons: everything else
I enjoy my work site but I can't afford to work here. Not even pay to live on. If you work hard you will be almost the only one working if you don't you'll be in deep water.
Growing Company worth working for
Secuirty Professional (Current Employee), Lethbridge, ABNovember 3, 2015
I am currently just starting out with them. SO far I loved what I have learned and the people I have met.
Very friendly company that is one I want to grow with and move up in
Great Security company
Security Guard (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 2, 2015
Great company to work for with room for advancement if you you show determination. Offers a great variety of sites to work if interested in a career in law enforcement. Very flexible working environments.