Paladin Security Employee Reviews

Professional Organisation
security officer (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL13 February 2018
I have been working with Paladin Security group for the last three years and i have got a professional experience. Working with Paladin security has provided me a good experience in the filed of health care working system.
Not a very good company to work for
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC12 February 2018
Paladin isn't a very good company to work for, the boss is too focused on expanding his empire and doesn't care about the guys on the bottom, so that mentality is passed on to the CSM's, then passed on to the site supervisors and the shift supervisors. I'm not saying all supervisors are like this but the majority of the company doesn't care about you, the pay is low, the OT is there but you work like a dog and get paid low and don't have time to spend with family and ruin your health. Nothing gets done about supervisors abusing their authority and keeping toxic co-workers around that annoys everybody and brings down the morale of all other co-workers. It's not unionized so I guess I can't expect much but working here has been the worst decision of my life but there's nothing I can do about it for now. I suggest you find another company if you're looking for security work like SecuriGuard or G4S
Pros
Ot
Cons
Low pay, Benefits aren't that good, Management is bad
Very unhelpfull in confrontafions
Mobile Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC11 February 2018
Very poor support when dealing with vagrants not a place i recommend for semi retired people have to deal with vagrant on a nightly basis and supervisor gets upset when backup is required for aggressive vagrants very quick to get rcmp to do security guards job
Pros
There are none
Cons
Very poor back up
I worked in northern Alberta in Camp, so we had 14 days on and 14 days off
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB10 February 2018
We had 14 days on and 14 days off, but sometimes we had given overtimes. Most enjoyable part of the job we lived in camp and the hardest part we worked outside in cold days or when the weather was good.
Pros
We included northern allowances in our income tax filiing
Cons
We worked in day shift or night shift.
Productive and Engaging workplace environment
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 February 2018
Deal with contractors on a daily basis.
Exciting because you never know what is going to happen during the shift.
Active Job, balance desk time and on foot.
Dealing with Emergencies and disturbances throughout the shift.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Hourly wage is a little bit short for my life needs and bills.
Not a Company to work for.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC8 February 2018
To be blunt, this isn't a company you would want to work for. There's several reasons for this:

- Not enough pay
- Deceiving Management
- Unfair policy and regulations for staff breaks
- Vindictive Managers only looking to place "warm bodies" to sites
- Obvious favoritism to employees

I was put into a position where I wanted to succeed, spoke with my managers on how to improve and be better, which resulted in being given two choices, resign, or become an on-call worker.
good to start at
Security Supervisor St. Clair College (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON7 February 2018
gets your foot in the door but difficult to move up or even get a raise. treated more like a shift than an employee. If you are looking for first time security work then paladin can help you out.
Was There
Guard (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON6 February 2018
Not a great place to work for. Managers are under qualified. No one seems overly able to perform their job correctly yet are not punished for it. No sense of Loyalty.
Ok
Security guard (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC5 February 2018
Will Train. Will reward the right employees. Lots of opurtunity to grow and lot to lean. Will help when needed. Some employees great to work with others not.
Pros
Good work atomospher
Cons
Not very good hours
Absolutley horrible company!!!
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 February 2018
Do not! Work for this company! They will sc**w you over every single chance they get! They care nothing for they're employees especially if you're female. Anything that happens is going to be your fault and no one will listen otherwise. Sxual harassmet claims are brought up and all thats said about it is oh its a cultural difference just be nicer. There are way to many things to put in here. If negative stars were possible they would be there.

Do not work for the Edmonton branch. Management will bully, harass, make fun of and care nothing for you.

COMPLETE WASTE OF A SECURITY COMPANY!!
Pros
Non existent!
Cons
Every aspect of the job
Incompetent
SECURITY GUARD (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON1 February 2018
Worked for this company for about 8 months. When we were in training, one of the biggest no-no's they went over was sleeping on the job and how it would immediately lead to you getting dismissed. I worked a site with another guard who was constantly falling asleep on the job which forced me to do his work. I went about everything the correct way: addressed the situation with the guard (he became confrontational), took it to my supervisor (literally did nothing about it), took it to the site supervisor at Paladin (told me my options were to either put up with it or quit) so at that point I put in my two weeks. The funny part about this, is even after putting in my two weeks, I was still called constantly by the company to work overtime (most of the time illegal overtime) though they clearly knew I wanted nothing more to do with the company. Horrible place, avoid at all costs and seek another company.
Pros
Cons
low pay, long hours, and a company who could care less if you dropped dead the next day
Opportunity for growth and great corporate culture!
Head Office (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC30 January 2018
I have worked for Paladin for almost 8 years and have loved it. I have had many opportunities to move up in the company and have fun at all of the company events. They really value their employees.
Worst company for security
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB17 January 2018
Stay as far away from this company as you can. Hours are terrible, management is the worst in the industry. They bully you and manipulate you when they require extra shifts. Payroll is a joke. They do not follow labour standards, and that is coming from a labour board employee. No vacation time regardless how long you have worked for them. I couldn’t get one week vacation time after 3 years with this company.
Pros
Management leave you alone most of the time
Cons
Every single thing
Good management team
Security Agent (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 January 2018
This company has an open door policy, and they listen well. But with my personality and the client environments they provide, are not suitable. This company can provide the experience someone needs for a future employment with law enforcement industry.
Pros
Unlimited overtime
Cons
Not suitable for non confrontational people
Fun company to work with. Great work life balance.
Health care security (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 January 2018
First of all being employeed in Health care , their Standard pay is 13 bucks an hour, which doesn't help you survive, only pays for your meals, not your rent or mortage. You cannot make a living. I wish Paladin paid better so they wouldnt be hiring so many people each week in Burnaby in that 5 day training course.
And nobody would leave and their wouldn't be disapointed employees who had bitter feelings. If the pay was atleast 15$ an hour standard for regular officers. Many wouldn't have to work that 2nd Job.
Pros
Perks, Free Uniform, Vacation pay
Cons
Low pay, more demanding work, poor benefits.
Flexible hours, lots of overtime available if desired.
Concierge/Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 January 2018
The pros of this company are that there are many sites to work at and choose from. There are many shifts and overtime hours are plentiful and good people to work with. The coworkers I've worked with have been positive, supportive and easy to work with. Some people have been very enjoyable, even inspirational to work with.

Drawbacks however are the salary is on the lower side and the opportunity to move up is limited. This is due to high turnover and disorganized middle management.
A large Canadian Company, but wages are a little low
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Niagara, ON2 January 2018
A very different branch of security working in the health care field. Not for everyone, to be sure. The shifts are all long, at 12 hours a shift and there does seem to be a lot of office politics involved.
Pros
good incentive programs for employees
Cons
low wages and long hours
Worst company i ever worked for
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Nova Scotia28 December 2017
They won't stop harrasssing me to take shifts because they're short staffed while on vacation. Also don't care about my education they want to be ahead of my university projects and papers. They also threaten to fire me if I don't take shifts. Other guards smoke infront of the Emergency department doors of the hospital on backshift, another guard posts selfies at work everyday and the Other one sleeps during backshift in the office and also hired a convicted felon to work at a hospital. After 2 years no perks or full-time hours.
Pros
Cons
Working for them
Not that good as the claim themselves to be.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 December 2017
Once you commit to Paladin, you'll regret it. No benefits to part-time employees, unprofessional staff, don't care for the welfare of employee and yes, no raise.
Good training but subpar pay
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON23 December 2017
Paladin is a great gateway job but not necessarily the best as far as a career path. That being said there are chances to grow with in the company but their pay rates are lower than average.

Paladin does however offer a great training program even if you do not have your license. They have knowledgeable staff and trainers who know the industry well. If you are new to security and are looking for a good experience and training then Paladin may be right for you.
My only real complaint is that the pay is not as good as it should be with some of their sites.
Pros
free uniforms, training
Cons
low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Paladin Security. Our community is ready to answer.