POSITION TITLE: Security Dispatcher
DEPARTMENT: Vancouver Operations Centre
REPORTS TO: Operations Management Team
The Paladin Security Burnaby Operations Centre ensure a 24/7 communication link between Paladin employees, its varied client base, on-call management personnel and provides a centralized escalation point 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. While experience in security as an officer or mobile supervisor would be valuable, time spent in a call centre or dispatch centre would be a key attribute in understanding the responsibilities of the position.
The Paladin Security Group Operator must have the ability to direct, communicate, and instruct officers as necessary. This position requires that all operators be prepared to provide an exceptional level of service and support to both our internal and external customers and all Paladin employees. Reporting to the Assistant and Operations Manager, the Operator is responsible for all aspects of the Regional Communications – Operator position, and ensuring a 24/7 escalation process is followed when all resources and call-out lists have been exhausted.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities:
- As the Operator is the first line of contact for all officers and clients, they must handle all calls in a professional and calm demeanor.
- Maintain a good rapport with all Paladin Employees and management staff, while being cognizant of the confidential information that must be handled and maintained by this position.
- Dispatch alarm response calls effectively, concisely, and within designated time frames.
- Respond to book-offs, accident calls and emergencies. Escalate problems that cannot be auctioned, or resolved by you. Report any issues, with full details via email, or other designated forms of pass on process, in a timely manner.
- Enter all special coverage or any other relevant coverage in ISE as required as soon as possible. Escalate any scheduling issues to the Scheduling department and the Field Manager when necessary.
- Perform and document both On/Off duty checks as well as hourly checks as stated by Paladin Policy and - Worksafe BC policy.
- Complete any other tasks given by the Operational Control Centre Management Team.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to lead, plan, organize, delegate and problem solve.
- Computer knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Quadrant.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to function effectively in a fast paced and stressful environment.
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism in all situations.
- Ability to prioritize based on severity of the call.
Application Deadline: February 1st, 2013 @1700 hrs
Application Method: All interested applicants are encouraged to submit an application online at www.paladinsecurity.com/careers. Only those applicants who are short-listed will be contacted for an interview.