To assist our site superintendents and project managers with the day to day administration of managing construction projects ensuring accurate and up-to-date maintenance of construction documentation to facilitate timely billing, payments to subcontractors, scope, quality, contractual obligations and legal requirements are met.
- Working closely under the guidance and direction of the project managers and superintendents, conforming to operational procedures as delegated by management.
- Providing site administrative support ensuring human resources, safety and administrative documentation and processes are executed as required by head office.
- Researching and recommending solutions to design document problems, including conflicts, interferences and errors/omissions.
- Preparing quantity take-off’s for change orders as required.
- Updating and maintaining bidders list.
- Acting as liaison with subcontractors in expediting drawings, pricing, site instructions, change notices etc. and related information.
- Receiving, compiling and organizing quotes/estimates from suppliers/vendors/subcontractors for comparison and review relating to bid submissions and change orders to existing contracts/purchase orders.
- Preparing and maintaining project filing system for site.
- Preparing, issuing and tracking purchase orders and letters of intent to vendors and subcontractors.
- Organizing, ordering, maintaining, filing and tracking bid and construction drawings.
- Tracking, reviewing, updating and executing shop drawings to sub contractors and owners as applicable.
- Developing and maintaining drawing logs for bid, construction, shop and as-built drawings.
- Participating in the continuous updating and accurate generation of as-built documents.
- Attending project coordination and owner/contractor/architect/engineer meetings and occasional site visits as requested or required.
- Coordinating and filing periodic project-related photographs for records.
- Understanding and performing document control functions in accordance with on-site policy and procedures.
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date logs and information for RFI’s, SI’s, PCN’s (CCN or CCO), CN’s (CO), Work Orders, permits and bid scopes.
- Tracking responses to RFI’s and advise the project managers and superintendents of the status.
- Coordinating, issuing and tracking Site Instructions to site, vendors and subcontractors as required.
- Coordinating, issuing, tracking and processing Work Orders/Change Orders to client and submitting to accounting for billing.
- Coordinating, gathering and issuing to the client all related information for all close-out documents including warranties and operating and maintenance manuals as applicable dependent on the contract requirements.
- Monitoring field work, including contract work, to ensure compliance with company standards, procedures, specifications and codes.
- Assisting with the research and preparation of field change requests to resolve design issues.
- Track site work orders.
- Preparing drawings and sketches to support construction work as required.
- Preparing, updating and executing deficiency lists to own forces and vendor/subcontractors.
- Tracking crane usage and preparing billing for submission to the client.
- Troubleshooting and offer suggestions for efficiency improvements within the scope of project administration.
- Perform additional assignments and tasks as requested by supervision.
- Work will be performed on site in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
- Proper PPE is required to access the site.
- Hours of work are from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. Occasional overtime will be required, and paid according to Saskatchewan labour laws.
- Two 15 minute breaks and one ½ hour unpaid lunch break daily.
- Extensive use of a computer and prolonged sitting.
- Lifting, pulling and rolling drawings from time to time.
- Regular communication with project management staff, site personnel, clients, consultants and vendors/subcontractors.
- Attire as suitable for site.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficient spoken and written English.
- Working knowledge of construction methods, techniques, equipment, drawings and specifications, building materials, required standards applicable to discipline and management processes.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office suite of products.
- Knowledge of Jonas software.
- Knowledge of or experience with AutoCad is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a diverse team environment.
- Ability to assume responsibility and to interface and communicate effectively with others, orally and written.
- Ability to represent the company and project team in a professional manner to the Owner, Architect, related project staff and the community.
- Full comprehension of and ability to interpret blueprints, contract specifications, construction legislation, and quantity takeoffs.
- Ability to learn and expand knowledge base for greater performance and productivity.
- Courteous with suppliers, contractors, co-workers and site personnel.
- Punctual, meticulous and reliable.
- Engineering degree or equivalent combination of technical training plus work experience in the construction environment required.
Indeed - 14 months ago