PAE Employee Reviews

Professional and Rewarding
Proposal Development (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SC25 August 2016
I was employed by the company known as Defense Support Services (DS2) for several years before, during, and after it became a PAE owned company. My coworkers and managers were highly capable, professional, and a pleasure to work with. Employees that truly care about working to their highest level are respected and appreciated. I was given a great deal of latitude to perform my job as well as excellent compensation and benefits. I enjoyed a 9/80 work schedule which meant that I was off every other Friday. Also, due to my length of employment, I accumulated about 6 weeks of paid time off that could be carried over.
The Business Development team I worked with was top notch. I would still be there, but I chose to become a consultant to ease into an early retirement. I would not hesitate to recommend working with the offices that I became familiar with: Greenville, SC and Ft. Worth, TX. A number of colleagues stood out as superior. I've worked for other companies where that's more of a rarity.
Pros
Self managed, great compensation, time off, unlimited skill building.
Cons
Projects often required long hours and high stress.
It is very crowded and you aren't appreciated
Supply Technician (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA27 October 2016
I took the job in 2010 to work on San Clemente Island has a Supply Technician. I only worked on the Island about 3 months and then they put on NAS North Island. On North Island I was put in a very small office with 3 other people and my job changed to purchasing with no compensation or title change.
Pros
Cons
healthcare
Good base pay - benefits kill it though
HVAC Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, CO28 September 2016
Great co-workers and immediate supervisor. Medical benefits cost WAY too much. $1500+/month for married person/no kids. Upper management is immature and not qualified and/or experienced to be in management role.
Cons
Benefits - Management
Pacific Architects and Engineers Inc.
Proposal Manager (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FL27 July 2016
Great place to work and would recommend employment there. They generally take care of their personnel and offer great locations to work and willing to relocate.
Pros
Great salary and working environment, Great senior leadership that are willing to get out and meet their team members.
Cons
They have managers that shouldn't be in their positions that do not understand HR, They are only a few.
Communications Technician "A" (Former Employee) –  Patrick Afb, FL21 August 2016
Good place to work with good benefits (health, Vacation, Sick leave). Employees treated well.

The Sr. Vice President and General Manager was a hands on individual and very approachable.
A learning experience,with regards to interactions with different nationalities and cultures.
Facility maintenance foreman (Former Employee) –  Kabul9 July 2016
A typical day at work in PAE varies greatly,from one project to the other and these variations are controlled by the site location and site project management.While the actual duties are not intimidating,the hardest part of the job is when one has to perform under an atmosphere that doesn't assume teamwork.This is usually as a result of failure of the immediate project management to address the high importance of teamwork and friendly environment at work. There are however some very enjoyable parts of the job and these include,opportunity to learn,opportunity to grow both financially and socially,and advancement in one's career, assisted by the inevitable experience of new challenges.
Tyndall AFB is a great place to work and there was a pool table in the break room.
Electronic Technician II (Former Employee) –  Tyndall AFB, FL30 December 2016
Customer satisfaction has always been our number 1 priority as a team. There is nothing typical about a work day. Every day is a challenge meaning something may be in need of repair, analyzed, engineered, built, assembled, documented, or reengineered. Current training was always required. We worked as a team and got the job accomplished which made the hardest jobs enjoyable. The management an the team were awesome even if we had a difference of opinion.
Fun place at times but that is balances by low compensation
Industrial Hygiene Technician (Current Employee) –  NASA/JSC2 March 2016
while there are paid vacations, sick time and holidays, this is balanced by low initial pay and lower raises. Raises are not merit based and typically at 2% per year.
Productive work place
Biometric Fingerprinting Technician (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJ9 December 2016
A busy place to work. Working with customers from around the world. Some days, the lines of people can be from 400 to 900.
You have to be prepared to be on your feet for long hours.
Cons
It is a productive and fun place to work.
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV5 November 2016
Excellant place to work. Work schedule is always available ahead of time. Learned a great amount of the security regulations and how operations were conducted. The Co-Workers are easy to get along with and they will go out of their way to assist you in any way to make you successful in your mission. There is no hardest part of the job. Going to work everyday is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Straight 8 hours work, Leadership is outstanding. Paid health care.
Cons
No lunch break
Working in Iraq is difficult but the people make it worthwhile
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Baghdad, Iraq16 February 2016
Great to work in an international environment! The hours are long and the work can be a grind but the people make it worthwhile. So many stories from your colleagues.
Pros
Salary
Cons
only two breaks a year make for a long contract
PAE is a good company to work with for the fact that it respects it workers in general. the company is a non-racial
Facilities Chief (Former Employee) –  Tchad, Sudan9 September 2016
Working with PAE at the time was an opportunity for me far the fact that I got use to working standards and I learned new things on the job. I got use to working with people from different regions and use to different methods of doing work for positive result.
Pros
PAE is noted for giving free launches and feeding allowances to its workers on a mission.
Cons
PAE is noted for giving short breaks daily to its workers
Excellent opportunity to make a difference in a war zone.
Gender Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kabul, Afghanistan15 September 2016
Opportunity to develop and implement the Gender and Human Rights Prison Directorate for incarcerated Afghan females in Afghanistan. Developed training programs to address Gender-Based Violence to the male Prison Commanders and staff with sustainables.
Cultural diversity was honored.
Pros
Ability to make a difference to empower, enlighten, enrich, and train staff.
Cons
Contract should have been a minimum of 36 months to maintain sustainable goals.
Challenging Work Environments
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VA6 January 2016
If you enjoy challenging environments and demanding schedules, PAE is for you. A dynamic work environment with a truly diverse employee base working globally.
Pros
competitive compensation, good team of employees to work with
Cons
remote austere locations, long term deployments
Poor management
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Sheppard AFB, TX16 July 2016
Pretty sad when management allows people under them to influence there decisions. You have to walk around the shops on egg shells.
Pros
Holliday time off
Cons
Poor management, buddy system, no room for advancement
Job is what you make it
Personnel Security Assistant (Current Employee) –  Suitland, MD13 January 2017
Contractor with the federal government. Very flexible in leave and other personal life things. Management is good. Have had good management at both contracts I've worked.
Poor management ..low morale
Postal Service Employee (Former Employee) –  Wayne, MI21 September 2016
Management played favorites with employees.Never followed the Collective Bargining Agreement.No so called Supervision of employees.When a concern was bought up, supervisor would say" I don't want to talk about it"
Pros
Wages
Cons
Poor management, poor supervision.
There are weight rooms .
Electrical Supervisor at Camp Sullivan (Current Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DC13 September 2016
Devise work environment with many cultures and many locals involved in the day to day running of a forward operation base. There are opportunities to develop you people-skills.
Pros
The food is great, and therefore a need for (3) Three Gyms.
Cons
That is about all the good.
my workday
Power plant electrician (Current Employee) –  McMurdo Station, Antarctica1 January 2017
I take care of the electrical issues that happen within the plant. I do pm's of the electrical system within the plant and at the runways. Here their are generators that provide power for the whole base.
Pros
free room and board while your here working
Cons
not much to do it your free time. a long ways from home.
Expierienced workers
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Mannheim15 August 2016
Inspect communications equipment
I've learned a lot about APS/EAS and COSIS storage procedures
The management is ok there is a lack of communication between upper management and section leads
Pros
Good equipment
Cons
lack of communication between the sections