PAE Employee Reviews

A group of very talented people working toward common goals.
Payroll Analyst (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJ19 July 2017
Hard-working , professional staff willing to do what it takes to get the job done under challenging conditions. Overall, my experience has been a positive one.
It was a great place to work
Logistics Coordinator / Program Support Unit Chief (Former Employee) –  Velāyat-e Kābol17 July 2017
Due to the time difference between Kabul and Washington DC, it could be challenging but I think the field kept up with any requests.

There were some great managers and a couple of really poor managers - like they really scraped the bottom of the bucket. But overall, I think the good ones out weighted the bad while I was there.

The hardest part of the job was attempting to stay on top of everything during a bad manager phase. It was quite a challenge. Finally though, headquarters caught on to what was going on and put a stop to it. I have a lot of respect for our Program Manager in Headquarters.

I enjoyed all the challenges that came with my position.
Pros
Nice living quarters, life in mission support
Cons
The "clicks" that go on.
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZ12 July 2017
If you like to make good money and have great benefits then this is the place for you. The only downfall is that there are too many added rules and regulations.
The people are great, the experience is increditable, enviornment is extreme but the pay could be better.
Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Centennial, CO 801128 July 2017
Repairing all sorts of heavy equipment including things I've never seen or heard of. I learn new things everyday and enjoy it. Management could be better and the chance for advancement depends on heather or not you kiss some butt. This position is located in the McMurdo Station, Antarctica so the environment is awesome and the people come from all over the country and the world, yes it's very cool. The hardest part of the job is the extreme cold weather and windy conditions that can occur. The best part is the people and cool science we as Americans do there.
Pros
Free travel, room and board, food and the opportunity to go to the seventth continent.
Cons
Some extreme cold weather conditions, long time away from home, long hours and the pay could be better.
Nice place to work - really helping the country
GC1 (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MO8 July 2017
FCi Federal recently became a part of PAE so I guess you could say that this review is more of FCi. I have not worked here long but I really do believe that this is a good long term career although it seems to take a long time to move up and be promoted. There is great job security as long as you can maintain your clearance and follow all of the protocol and procedures. I can tell that PAE will make great changed to the company and they seem very dedicated to what they are doing and where they are going.

Second shift is a very funny schedule and would high recommend to transfer to first shift if you ever get the chance.
Provincial Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kabul, Afghanistan7 July 2017
I gain many experience with this big company and it's a great honor that i was a part of this big team, I hope they continue serving and create more opportunities.
Enjoyable work environment, great co-workers and good team building.
Administrative Assistant to the Program Mgr (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MS6 July 2017
Start my day early 6am. Can accomplish a lot before everyone comes in. Respond to emails and gather information needed to complete my weekly construction briefs.
Pros
Don't have to deal with any micro-managing.
Cons
Healthcare is very expensive.
Excellent place to work, caring environment
Homemade Explosives Instructor (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, AL3 July 2017
Currently a contractor assigned to ATF Homemade Explosives Program (training). The ATF and PAE management are active and enthusiastic in providing high quality HME training and advancing the program. A typical work day may includes providing training to military and civilian bomb technicians on identifying, processing and disposing of homemade explosive materials(i.e. running practical exercises). There is no down side to this current work environment.
Pros
Great work enviroment.
money is good
Custodian (Current Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NV3 July 2017
PAE has is a good company too work for. Not the job it's the people that work there. It has been a hostile working environment there are when i hate going too work. Some management are alright the only good thing is the money. But money not everything.
good stepping stone
CH-53E Helicopter Airframes Mechanic II (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA21 June 2017
pay is decent but could be higher, management is shallow and blurred. little to no chance for advancement. contract work. working on getting unionized so things may get better
Pros
good work good people
Cons
no advancement
Es una empresa donde adquieres mas conocimientos
Asistente Tecnico (Former Employee) –  Villahermosa, Tab.19 June 2017
Es altamente capacitada para brindar servicios a otras empresas
Very poor management
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MN17 June 2017
A typical day at work would be starting at 6am and busting my butt to move product to inspectors. I did not have a rate to maintain but I did have to keep the inspectors lines with product. The job itself was not that bad besides the fact that if you were not moving fast enough managers would come and threaten you with your job. People who had a rate had their incentive bonuses revoked while their rates were raised. Every morning we were yelled at that rate must be made and that they had no problem firing people who couldn't make it, even employees who had been there for 10+ years. I ended up walking off due to a consistent lack of respect and lack of professionalism from my manager and warehouse manager.
Pros
20$ an hour from temp agency
Cons
short breaks, rude managers, little appreciation for employees
Under Paid
Personnel Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Suitland, MD16 June 2017
This job consist of to many responsibility for the amount of money given. My current site supervisor is un-organized and micro manages over everything except our daily case load.
Pros
Great Co-Workers
Cons
Under paid
great place, lots of travel
Engineering Technician 1 (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VA14 June 2017
Work with Great people, a lot of individuals to learn from and grow. A LOT of travel. Be comfortable being away from family and friends for periods of time but with great pay.
Productive and fun place to work
Structure Mechanic OH (Current Employee) –  Roswell, NM12 June 2017
good work schedule nice employees there is not a lot of Drama everyone helps each other there is a lot of things that you can learn working for this company you get benefits as soon as you walk in the door
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
It was a Nice Place
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka11 June 2017
Learnt accounts and life. All most all the days were learning curve. People were very helpful and most dedicated team. Magagement was cool and supportive.
There is no job security
HVAC TECHNICIAN/MAINTENANCE (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VA9 June 2017
They don't keep up with security updates, and the management personnel never know what's going on. You can never get a return call when calling the main office.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
job security
Productive place to work.
Accountant Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV7 June 2017
I have preserved the core business and supported the organic growth of the business. I have achieve all goals being presented for the company/government. I have embraced diversity, and created a culture of inclusiveness and maintained a global perspective about the company.

I've learned how to deliver financial commitments, maintain customer relationships to ensure effective two way feedback to meet and exceed customers expectations. I've establish an accounting document control schedule for eased and efficient ways in locating accounting documentations when they were required.

Built a world class support organization and sought a continuous improvement to support and excel at providing exceptional services.
It's okay
security monitor (Current Employee) –  undisclosed4 June 2017
It's okay. It's a great way to get you in the door but there isn't much room for advancement. Pay is horrible for the amount of work/hours you put in.
PAE is a good company to work for but has poor leadership.
Construction Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX1 June 2017
The construction department was a very stressful area to work in, you are always under the gun to make a profit with a poor design and
inaccurate estimate. The crafts personnel produce quality work but are often doing things twice to correct mistakes made during construction. The program manager was always trying to make his personnel look bad in front of his NASA customers and he would make decisions that would effect the outcome of several projects.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PAE. Our community is ready to answer.