PAE

PAE Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Going out of business
Senior Technical Writer (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 4, 2016
Pros: Being able to do whatever you want whenever you want
Cons: Going out of business due to mismanagment
Due to several years of mismanagement, PAE Aviation and Technical Services has been losing contracts at a record pace. It took the current Program Manager only 5 years to loose every single GE contract due to total incompetence.

A typical day at work includes turning on your computer, hoping it works and then sitting there with nothing to do.

Management is non-existent and is busying doing personal errands while contracts are being lost to our competition.

Some of the people who work there are functionally illiterate and have no business being a technical writer or working for a technical writing firm. This is an example of current management approach to personnel.

The hardest part of the job is getting through the day.

The most enjoyable part of the day is leaving.
Productive & High Quality
Admin / Finance Asst (Current Employee), Freetown, Sierra LeoneJanuary 20, 2016
Day's work at PAE is Challenging and will make you to learn new things.
Management are couraging, and co-wokers are full of team spirit.
Hardest part of it is when you are acted to work extra time and not paid for it.
Enjoyable part of all the rewarding of Employee of Quarter this motivate workers.
PAE is Amazing!
Corporate Recruiter (Contract) (Current Employee), Arlington, VAJanuary 18, 2016
PAE is one of the best companies I have ever had the pleasure of working for - everyone enjoys working there and you can tell how much the company really cares about its employees
Fantastic experience with good working environment
Accounts Payable Analyst Intern (Former Employee), UAEJanuary 9, 2016
Pros: weekly lunch
Cons: I did not find any cons, everything was perfect.
I worked here as an intern for 3 months and it was an amazing experience working in the accounts department.The team I worked with were very enthusiastic and cooperative.They helped me learn the work and made my 3 months a very comfortable experience.They were always ready to answer my questions without any complaints and my managers were very encouraging and kept motivating and praising me for the work I did.I enjoyed my 3 months with learning a lot from the company.Before I left the manager had given me a task to analyse the problems that the cash audits had and what could be implemented to resolve these issues.I analyzed all the issues and implemented solutions which impressed all of them and said that they would recommend my solutions.This was the best part of my job as being an intern I could implement my solutions and ideas to the company.
Supporting the RCU1
Sr. Logistics Specialist (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLJanuary 8, 2016
Pros: good hours, good people to work with
Cons: to much micro management
Supporting the RCU Increment 1 providing the sustainment and Log requirements in fielding a new radar receiver system
provide the implementation of the 12 logistics elements in data, manuals, training, maintenance and supportability analysis.
Great people
Procurement Specialist / Acting Procurement (Former Employee), AfghanistanJanuary 7, 2016
Over the past several years, PAE has increased the breadth of services we offer our customer by integrating companies with proven capabilities and a customer-focused workforce culture. Today, the approximately 15,000 members of our global workforce perform with excellence and dedication in over 60 countries, on all seven continents, in some of the world’s most challenging regions. We attribute our success to the quality of our work and the integrity and high ethical standards that define our business operations.
Challenging Work Environments
Project Manager (Current Employee), Arlington, VAJanuary 6, 2016
Pros: competitive compensation, good team of employees to work with
Cons: remote austere locations, long term deployments
If you enjoy challenging environments and demanding schedules, PAE is for you. A dynamic work environment with a truly diverse employee base working globally.
LEAD DIESEL MECHANIC (Former Employee), Senegal, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Tanzania, RwandaDecember 31, 2015
Pros: Enjoyed imparting knowledge to different people of different countries
Cons: Lungauge barriers at times had to use interpretors at times.
It was really fun to work with people of different cultures from different countries. I was working as the Lead Mechanic and also Trainer to the different country Troops and Soldiers before they could be deployed to Sudan to work under UN peace keeping mission.
Challenging work environment with dynamic customers in a fast paced industry.
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Arlington, VADecember 27, 2015
A typical day at PAE is focused around customer satisfaction and deliverables as well as ensuring employees in field locations are fully supported to the satisfaction of the mission.
Productive place to work
Security Monitor (Current Employee), Falls Church, VADecember 22, 2015
Pros: Job Security
Cons: Not many oppertunity for growth
This company require a lot of physical stand and walking. As a Monitor you are responsible for providing security and details reports needed for the government. The management provided a productive environment . My co-worker and I work long hours on our feet which is one of the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part is interacting with many different types of clients
bad
Certified Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Urbandale, IADecember 11, 2015
Cons: bad management
no raises in 16 years, people don't get along. company doesn't care about there employees. its just a bad place to work. when lift alone the work was easy.
Mechanic
General Support Equipment Mechanic (Current Employee), Daggett, CADecember 8, 2015
It's a great job for the single life. If you are married they will have to move with you, unless you like to be away for long periods.
Enjoyable
Mechanic Level 1 (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CONovember 30, 2015
I was okay for what it was. Hard work. I enjoyed it, most days. I over looked somethings because of the pay I was getting. Otherwise a joy to have work for them.
Maintenance & mechanic supervisor
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 15, 2015
responsible for all general building maintenance & oversee mechanic department. Handled all day to day building maintenance issues such as but not limited to plumbing issues, dock repairs, forklift servicing & repairs, preventive maintenance on company yards trucks, manage mechanic inventory, handle vendor budgeting & scheduling.
Terrible Employees / Lack of Good Management
Gov't Employee (Former Employee), China Lake Naval Weapons Center, CANovember 2, 2015
Pros: Pays Well
Cons: UNPROFESSIONAL
Unfortunately this company has poor management; allowing extremely unprofessional employees to remain at their location. The level of unprofessionalism is UNBELIEVABLE and very discouraging for the young work force. Making exceptions for ignorance is unacceptable. I would NEVER work for this company due to allowance of unprofessionalism; to include lying, gossiping, intimidation, and straight IMMATURITY.

This company hired someone I know for their ability to absorb new information since they had limited experience. Her coworker was anything but professional; she was rude, always late, leaving early, confrontational, discouraging and completely unsupportive; setting this young woman up for failure. Disgusting. She has issues; however, the problem ultimately lies in the management. Not sure why the management would allow someone like her to represent their organization and "run" things the way she wants. This young woman got fired due to the lack of training received. Admin Support is not "hard" by any means. The young woman wanted her friend to work there instead of this young lady and did whatever it took to get her out of the scene. She succeeded in not only getting her fired, but placing a bad taste in MANY people's mouths for the way things were handled. Shame on you PAE.

I would never work for this company and will not ever allow anyone I know to work for this company either. The pay might be good but the lack of professionalism is astounding in China Lake.
Complete all the required assignments putting in consideration the urgent Jobs.
House keeper (Current Employee), Iraq Union IIIOctober 27, 2015
Pros: Compelete of the assignments and meeting deadlines
Cons: Workmates may become lazy to complete assignments since its all done in a group.
When i reach my work station i have to check out on the available jobs or assignments, if i have other workmates i distribute the various jobs accordingly putting in consideration the urgent assignments.

I always learn anew thing on a daily basis since we work with people from all over the world.

Hardest part is when one of my colleagues fails to compelete the assignment and yet we are approaching the deadline.

The Most Enjoyable part of my job is when all assignments are done on that meeting the deadline.We as a team we celebrate the success.
Great Leadership
Senior Project Advisor (Current Employee), Kabul, AfghanistanOctober 18, 2015
As I have worked with this company, I realize every move is according to a plan which been a long time ago.

I am working in Kabul, Afghanistan As Senior Project Advisor at the correction facilities. The company helped developed my skills and gain knowledge related to the correction
Best company that I had ever been employed with.
Site Manager (Former Employee), LiberiaOctober 11, 2015
Pros: Great remuneration package
Cons: Short term contracts all come to end.
Great workplace atmosphere, management went out of their way to assist remote sites. Every possible "tool" was provided to get the job done in a planned, professional manner. Been normally on the operational side of postings, it was a real pleasure to be able to rely 100% on the administrative and logistics sections, whom never once dropped the ball.
As a bonus I had a really great crew to work with.
One had the feeling that you belong to a family!
The company needs more support from it's home office.
Carpenter (Current Employee), BaghdadOctober 9, 2015
PAE needs to have a more supportive home office back in the states to properly support the contracts that are overseas. Procurement is lacking along with the hiring of non-experienced supervisors.
Productive and Fun
HEAVY EQUIPMENT MECHANIC (Former Employee), McMurdo StationOctober 7, 2015
Worked 5 days a week 12 hours days. Was able to see Antarctica and learned how the cold really affected the vehicles. Loved working with the management and my coworkers.
Headquarters