PAE Employee Reviews

Work Environment.
Residential Housing Manager (Former Employee) –  Baghdad25 February 2017
I Learnt a lot of Security features and following Policies and adhered to them. Best team players in work and supportive Management.
Pros
Free meals, Accommodation, Return Air Ticket, Medical Insurance
Cons
Warzone environment, Minimal movement
Awesome company
Fire Fighter (Former Employee) –  McMurdo, Antarctica22 February 2017
I learned a lot about the contracting world. Many of my direct supervisors worked with me wanting to see me grow in the company and wanting me to come back or pick up other contracts that might better fit me.

My direct supervisors were among the best I've worked with in the fire fighting world. But the two main managers were way out of touch with the needs of the department and just played the political game with town management and the Denver home office.

Pay was decent for what I'd be doing back home but way underpaid compared to most all other contracts in the same job field.
Pros
Amazing coworkers
Cons
Upper management is out of touch, the pay could be better and the equipment was fairly old or cheap
Not worth it.
Aircraft Mechanic (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA22 February 2017
Moved ½ way across the country to work for PAE. A timeline was set that is completely impossible to achieve and once the deadline gets close you are threatened constantly of being fired. No tools, no programs set up for the teams to be successful. Don't waste your time, go somewhere else.
Interesting work environment
Facilities Engineer Specialist (MRPT) (Current Employee) –  Kabul, AF18 February 2017
10 hr. days 6 days a week
Good lodging
Good food
Superior managers
Hard to work away from your family for long periods of time
Wonderful work associates
Pros
70 % uplift for hazard pay and post differential
Cons
To long away from family
Worst employer ever in my 30+ year career
Front Office employee (Current Employee) –  Stennis Space Center, MS15 February 2017
A joint venture (S3) in which PAE is the majority partner took over facility and test operations contracts for NASA at both the Michoud Assembly Facility in New Orleans, LA and Stennis Space Center, MS. PAE corporate personnel are incompetent at best as they routinely come on site to help and over a year later nothing is better, if anything it's worse. Complete lack of leadership from the top down. PAE management destroyed the moral and productivity that was in existence under the previous three contracts. They have "laid off" some of the best most caring employees that we the workforce could turn to when we needed help. PAE's financial systems are lacking and they cannot provide good numbers to the NASA customer. The senior management team is untruthful and plays favoritism. If you are in with one particular person in management then you don't have to worry about your job as this person hires, promotes, terminates and demotes strictly based on her personal opinion not based on the needs of the business. This contract has continued to hire people instead of putting into place systems and processes that work. Now we were just notified by senior management in an email that there is going to be a layoff due to this overstaffing. Sad thing is, the favorites who don't perform will get to stay while some of the good ones go home. I would not recommend PAE to anyone looking for employment. Go dig ditches somewhere if you can find a job doing that as it will be more rewarding!
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Lack of leadership, no tools and/or process for employees to do their jobs effectively, corporate office support
No Comment
Benefit Accounting Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJ7 February 2017
PAE is a unique place to work. I would like people to make their own opinions; if employed by this company. I have no further comments.
Easy money
Paralegal Contractor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC7 February 2017
Easy paycheck. If that is your thing. Being a contractor in a DOJ office sucks though. They treat you like your either a moron or like a piece of furniture.
Pros
limited managment from above.
Cons
vacation time only given out once a year. No raises. Boring AF.
productive, more permotions
Procurement Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kabul Afghanistan31 January 2017
outstanding environment, professional managers and leaders. lots of opportunity growth, great time management, increasing of knowledge capacity and personal planning management.
Very good place
HVAC/R Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ft. Carson, CO24 January 2017
I just had an in experienced manager who had no idea what he was doing. Being a small remote contract corporate did not care.
Pros
All except Program Manager was good
No issues with current organization but extremely slow in my department.
White Cell Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VA21 January 2017
A typical day is checking emails and attending briefings. Produced a few memos but nothing pressing. Very long and slow days. I am looking for a position more challenging.
Pros
Work close to home
Cons
Not much work to do in my department.
Electrician and Avionics Tech (Current Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WA19 January 2017
Very different then other operations, but nevertheless, safety is always the number one factor, aside of that, you must be self driven to accomplish your work, since there is no one to guide you thru it.
Was good working environment
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Iraq18 January 2017
In the scale of 1-10 I rate them at 6 the management was good enough but because we are looking for greener pastures that's why I decided to look elsewhere with you guys
Job is what you make it
Personnel Security Assistant (Current Employee) –  Suitland, MD13 January 2017
Contractor with the federal government. Very flexible in leave and other personal life things. Management is good. Have had good management at both contracts I've worked.
my workday
Power plant electrician (Current Employee) –  McMurdo Station, Antarctica1 January 2017
I take care of the electrical issues that happen within the plant. I do pm's of the electrical system within the plant and at the runways. Here their are generators that provide power for the whole base.
Pros
free room and board while your here working
Cons
not much to do it your free time. a long ways from home.
Tyndall AFB is a great place to work and there was a pool table in the break room.
Electronic Technician II (Former Employee) –  Tyndall AFB, FL30 December 2016
Customer satisfaction has always been our number 1 priority as a team. There is nothing typical about a work day. Every day is a challenge meaning something may be in need of repair, analyzed, engineered, built, assembled, documented, or reengineered. Current training was always required. We worked as a team and got the job accomplished which made the hardest jobs enjoyable. The management an the team were awesome even if we had a difference of opinion.
Productive work place
Biometric Fingerprinting Technician (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJ9 December 2016
A busy place to work. Working with customers from around the world. Some days, the lines of people can be from 400 to 900.
You have to be prepared to be on your feet for long hours.
don't have work ethics
chicago mtesc usps (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, IL6 December 2016
worst experience ever, don't care about employed always want more more more , loe and trailer count seems to bethe priority here always
Very proactive Company
Business Development and contract awards (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA2 December 2016
Good company very proactive bosses. Every person from the top down really care about their people. You can have a bright future by working for them.
Reselling/trading
Executive Accounts (Current Employee) –  Kolkata, West Bengal28 November 2016
Seeking assignments in Accounts & Finance, with a company that gives me the opportunity to learn and gain more experience in this field.
bagdad (Current Employee) –  Baghdad19 November 2016
sometimes people make it hard..... Day in and Day out people make it hard to do your job. sometimes doing the right things comes with a whole lot of back lash.