PAE Employee Reviews

Fun place at times but that is balances by low compensation
Industrial Hygiene Technician (Current Employee) –  NASA/JSCMarch 2, 2016
while there are paid vacations, sick time and holidays, this is balanced by low initial pay and lower raises. Raises are not merit based and typically at 2% per year.
Working in Iraq is difficult but the people make it worthwhile
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Baghdad, IraqFebruary 16, 2016
Great to work in an international environment! The hours are long and the work can be a grind but the people make it worthwhile. So many stories from your colleagues.
Pros
Salary
Cons
only two breaks a year make for a long contract
Challenging Work Environments
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 6, 2016
If you enjoy challenging environments and demanding schedules, PAE is for you. A dynamic work environment with a truly diverse employee base working globally.
Pros
competitive compensation, good team of employees to work with
Cons
remote austere locations, long term deployments
bad
Certified Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Urbandale, IADecember 11, 2015
no raises in 16 years, people don't get along. company doesn't care about there employees. its just a bad place to work. when lift alone the work was easy.
Cons
bad management
Productive place to work
Security Monitor (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VADecember 22, 2015
This company require a lot of physical stand and walking. As a Monitor you are responsible for providing security and details reports needed for the government. The management provided a productive environment . My co-worker and I work long hours on our feet which is one of the hardest part of the job. The most enjoyable part is interacting with many different types of clients
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Not many oppertunity for growth
A learning experience,with regards to interactions with different nationalities and cultures.
Facility maintenance foreman (Former Employee) –  KabulJuly 9, 2016
A typical day at work in PAE varies greatly,from one project to the other and these variations are controlled by the site location and site project management.While the actual duties are not intimidating,the hardest part of the job is when one has to perform under an atmosphere that doesn't assume teamwork.This is usually as a result of failure of the immediate project management to address the high importance of teamwork and friendly environment at work. There are however some very enjoyable parts of the job and these include,opportunity to learn,opportunity to grow both financially and socially,and advancement in one's career, assisted by the inevitable experience of new challenges.
on call job, having high security clearance
fuel specialist ( aircraft refueller) (Former Employee) –  Djibouti,AfricaSeptember 5, 2015
i learned to deal with military standard of work and safety, to meet the deadline working in long hours most. In joying to see all type of military aircraft very close to it.company give the best benefits for their worker.
Pros
free food and accumodation
Cons
10 hours
Going out of business
Senior Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 4, 2016
Due to several years of mismanagement, PAE Aviation and Technical Services has been losing contracts at a record pace. It took the current Program Manager only 5 years to loose every single GE contract due to total incompetence.

A typical day at work includes turning on your computer, hoping it works and then sitting there with nothing to do.

Management is non-existent and is busying doing personal errands while contracts are being lost to our competition.

Some of the people who work there are functionally illiterate and have no business being a technical writer or working for a technical writing firm. This is an example of current management approach to personnel.

The hardest part of the job is getting through the day.

The most enjoyable part of the day is leaving.
Pros
Being able to do whatever you want whenever you want
Cons
Going out of business due to mismanagment
Productive and Informative Work Center
Aviation Ordnanceman (Current Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CAJune 23, 2015
In the Ordnance shop the people have a strong sense of comradery towards each other. The hardest part of being an ordnance man is to make sure everything you do is in accordance with the procedures of the publications and the local procedures. So everything you do you have to make sure that it is in accordance with 2 different references. There is a lot to learn in this place because it is a test and evaluation so that means a lot of things that we work with here are not in the fleet yet because its still being tested. So we get first hand experience with new weapons and equipment.
Pros
Very good Pay and Benifits
Cons
The loacation of China Lake is in the middle of nowhere, The weather goes from 1 extreme to the next, It is either really hot or really cold
High volume exciting work envirenment.
Backup Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 17, 2016
Great work place and incredible team. I enjoy helping people from all over the world through the process of immigration. My co-workers and Supervisor are wonderful, hard working and dedicated people. Management and the Company do not support employees, in some fashion they are a little disrespectful. The company does not take the title of "Homeland Security" as seriously as I feel they should. Statistics show if your employees feel unappreciated then turnover rates, sick days, increase and job performance suffers. Low job satisfaction and distraction can be dangerous in this business. With the country's safety on the line they should not allow this to continue.
Pros
Helping people, co-workers
Cons
The company's uncaring attitude towards employees
Great Experience
Air Transportation Specialist 1 (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 27, 2016
Very Long Hours
Great Co - workers
Constantly Busy
Good Manager
Crew worked well together
Great to work in different machines and locations throughout the day.
Pros
Frequently working, good work enviroment
Cons
Long hours, on-call half the time
Great company to work for with worldwide opportunities
Senior Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 7, 2016
I have worked for PAE since 2007 and have had an excellent experience, both as an OCONUS contract employee and a CONUS corporate employee.

The company has always treated me fairly and with respect.

The company's headquarters is located in Arlington, VA and since I work with business units located internationally, I am permitted to telecommute from my home in Hershey, PA. I also make periodic trips to VA for special meetings, training, etc..
Pros
Telecommute from my home in Pennsylvania
Great stress free work invironment
HVAC Refrigeration Lead (Current Employee) –  BaghdadApril 5, 2016
I am a new employee and so far I like working for PAE.
There is not very much to say except that the people and support is as expected from my experience with other contractors,
I would like to say that the company has a great reputation and that I am sure that at my location, over time that things will improve at the pace that they should for a start up.
The food and the people are awesome in my opinion and this is where I work and I have no negative issues at this time.
Pros
Non hostile work invironment
Cons
Taxes
Routine security post work
SECURITY GUARD (Former Employee) –  BahamasFebruary 26, 2016
12 hour shifts. Most weeks 60 hours to 72 hours. Some weekends off. Overtime pay was not fair. Had to work 60 hours to obtain 1 1/4 pay and 70 hours to obtain 1 1/2 pay.
Pros
Room and board, internet provided. Received a food allowance.
Cons
Transportation to island becomming an issue.
Very poor management, both sides
(PAE) UH-1H II Standardization Instructor Pilot (Former Employee) –  Bogota, ColombiaApril 9, 2015
With very minimal compensations, no life balance, no job security month after month, and very poor management, the job culture is a day to day competition with each other, and only counts what the management's friends say, no facts no investigations, just what friends say is what is still done. The government reps don't pay attention to all these facts. Almost run by local national, the local culture takes precedence before the company's core and goals.
Pros
Cons
all
Good company with Great Benefits
BAS Technician (Current Employee) –  BaghdadAugust 23, 2015
Good contracting company to work for. The benefits range from "jut OK" to great depending on which location you're employed.
Pros
Salary
Great people
Procurement Specialist / Acting Procurement (Former Employee) –  AfghanistanJanuary 7, 2016
Over the past several years, PAE has increased the breadth of services we offer our customer by integrating companies with proven capabilities and a customer-focused workforce culture. Today, the approximately 15,000 members of our global workforce perform with excellence and dedication in over 60 countries, on all seven continents, in some of the world’s most challenging regions. We attribute our success to the quality of our work and the integrity and high ethical standards that define our business operations.
Fantastic experience with good working environment
Accounts Payable Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  UAEJanuary 9, 2016
I worked here as an intern for 3 months and it was an amazing experience working in the accounts department.The team I worked with were very enthusiastic and cooperative.They helped me learn the work and made my 3 months a very comfortable experience.They were always ready to answer my questions without any complaints and my managers were very encouraging and kept motivating and praising me for the work I did.I enjoyed my 3 months with learning a lot from the company.Before I left the manager had given me a task to analyse the problems that the cash audits had and what could be implemented to resolve these issues.I analyzed all the issues and implemented solutions which impressed all of them and said that they would recommend my solutions.This was the best part of my job as being an intern I could implement my solutions and ideas to the company.
Pros
weekly lunch
Cons
I did not find any cons, everything was perfect.
Company are good for employee I have enjoyed the job
Working as ZSM North Reported SE/Manager Sales (Current Employee) –  Jaipur, RajasthanMay 3, 2016
Started in PAE in 2010 and now 2016 i am happy with my seniors are still supporting to me to promote the brand image in market

In 2012 Company had launched the ZENIDE brand in automotive and Industrial range we were sales in good volume and establish the brand image in two years in market.
Able to learn during the normal worday flow
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Patuxent River Naval Air Station, MDJune 12, 2016
always working with the schedule between overtime and travel trips you have to be willing to work with other team members and always be willing to work. it takes a very motivated person to be successful in this group.
Pros
ability to learn
Cons
no room for growth