PAE Employee Reviews

Senior Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO27 March 2017
Pay is low, paid hourly. Benefit premium way too expensive.
Work-life balance is good.
Management provides an open-door policy.
Job culture is comfortable.
Excellent
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VA24 March 2017
Excellent compnay to work for- always there tons of things to do, management is great! great benefits
flexible schedule you can work from home but not as set up schedule
Pros
free food all the time
Cons
no cons no work from home policy
Work here is challenging and rewarding
Sr Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA16 March 2017
A good place to work for. Not many opportunities for advancement or promotion makes it challenging to stick around. They do offer ample time for family and after 14 years of service, 4 weeks of annual vacation is very nice.
Extra leave due to Russian Holidays. Good way to see Europe.
Secure Procurement Clerk (Former Employee) –  Moscow, RU15 March 2017
Company is more focused on keeping the State Dept happy than employee satisfaction. There is not a lot of worker confidence in the company. Working in Moscow Russia give you the opportunity to see Europe.
Pros
Great central location for travel
Cons
Pay scale is very inefficient.
New Program Manager
Installation Emergency Manager, Manager (Former Employee) –  Sheppard AFB, TX13 March 2017
New Program Manger is selective and secretive about what Happens at Sheppard AFB. Allows personnel with DUI's and several unacceptable time card practices.
Pros
Cons
poor work environment
Typical Army Base construction and maintenance job
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, CO10 March 2017
I have worked here for several years. I am looking to maybe seek employment a little closer to home. I don't have any problems with the job, or my supervisors, We do everything from replacing blinds to building new buildings. . I have never been wriiten up, or late to my job, and work wherever I am needed.
Pros
steady work, in a field I love
Cons
health care is too expensive
Work Environment.
Residential Housing Manager (Former Employee) –  Baghdad25 February 2017
I Learnt a lot of Security features and following Policies and adhered to them. Best team players in work and supportive Management.
Pros
Free meals, Accommodation, Return Air Ticket, Medical Insurance
Cons
Warzone environment, Minimal movement
Awesome company
Fire Fighter (Former Employee) –  McMurdo, Antarctica22 February 2017
I learned a lot about the contracting world. Many of my direct supervisors worked with me wanting to see me grow in the company and wanting me to come back or pick up other contracts that might better fit me.

My direct supervisors were among the best I've worked with in the fire fighting world. But the two main managers were way out of touch with the needs of the department and just played the political game with town management and the Denver home office.

Pay was decent for what I'd be doing back home but way underpaid compared to most all other contracts in the same job field.
Pros
Amazing coworkers
Cons
Upper management is out of touch, the pay could be better and the equipment was fairly old or cheap
Not worth it.
Aircraft Mechanic (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA22 February 2017
Moved ½ way across the country to work for PAE. A timeline was set that is completely impossible to achieve and once the deadline gets close you are threatened constantly of being fired. No tools, no programs set up for the teams to be successful. Don't waste your time, go somewhere else.
Interesting work environment
Facilities Engineer Specialist (MRPT) (Current Employee) –  Kabul, AF18 February 2017
10 hr. days 6 days a week
Good lodging
Good food
Superior managers
Hard to work away from your family for long periods of time
Wonderful work associates
Pros
70 % uplift for hazard pay and post differential
Cons
To long away from family
Worst employer ever in my 30+ year career
Front Office employee (Current Employee) –  Stennis Space Center, MS15 February 2017
A joint venture (S3) in which PAE is the majority partner took over facility and test operations contracts for NASA at both the Michoud Assembly Facility in New Orleans, LA and Stennis Space Center, MS. PAE corporate personnel are incompetent at best as they routinely come on site to help and over a year later nothing is better, if anything it's worse. Complete lack of leadership from the top down. PAE management destroyed the moral and productivity that was in existence under the previous three contracts. They have "laid off" some of the best most caring employees that we the workforce could turn to when we needed help. PAE's financial systems are lacking and they cannot provide good numbers to the NASA customer. The senior management team is untruthful and plays favoritism. If you are in with one particular person in management then you don't have to worry about your job as this person hires, promotes, terminates and demotes strictly based on her personal opinion not based on the needs of the business. This contract has continued to hire people instead of putting into place systems and processes that work. Now we were just notified by senior management in an email that there is going to be a layoff due to this overstaffing. Sad thing is, the favorites who don't perform will get to stay while some of the good ones go home. I would not recommend PAE to anyone looking for employment. Go dig ditches somewhere if you can find a job doing that as it will be more rewarding!
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Lack of leadership, no tools and/or process for employees to do their jobs effectively, corporate office support
No Comment
Benefit Accounting Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Marlton, NJ7 February 2017
PAE is a unique place to work. I would like people to make their own opinions; if employed by this company. I have no further comments.
Easy money
Paralegal Contractor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC7 February 2017
Easy paycheck. If that is your thing. Being a contractor in a DOJ office sucks though. They treat you like your either a moron or like a piece of furniture.
Pros
limited managment from above.
Cons
vacation time only given out once a year. No raises. Boring AF.
productive, more permotions
Procurement Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kabul Afghanistan31 January 2017
outstanding environment, professional managers and leaders. lots of opportunity growth, great time management, increasing of knowledge capacity and personal planning management.
Very good place
HVAC/R Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ft. Carson, CO24 January 2017
I just had an in experienced manager who had no idea what he was doing. Being a small remote contract corporate did not care.
Pros
All except Program Manager was good
No issues with current organization but extremely slow in my department.
White Cell Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VA21 January 2017
A typical day is checking emails and attending briefings. Produced a few memos but nothing pressing. Very long and slow days. I am looking for a position more challenging.
Pros
Work close to home
Cons
Not much work to do in my department.
Electrician and Avionics Tech (Current Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WA19 January 2017
Very different then other operations, but nevertheless, safety is always the number one factor, aside of that, you must be self driven to accomplish your work, since there is no one to guide you thru it.
Was good working environment
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Iraq18 January 2017
In the scale of 1-10 I rate them at 6 the management was good enough but because we are looking for greener pastures that's why I decided to look elsewhere with you guys
Job is what you make it
Personnel Security Assistant (Current Employee) –  Suitland, MD13 January 2017
Contractor with the federal government. Very flexible in leave and other personal life things. Management is good. Have had good management at both contracts I've worked.
my workday
Power plant electrician (Current Employee) –  McMurdo Station, Antarctica1 January 2017
I take care of the electrical issues that happen within the plant. I do pm's of the electrical system within the plant and at the runways. Here their are generators that provide power for the whole base.
Pros
free room and board while your here working
Cons
not much to do it your free time. a long ways from home.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PAE. Our community is ready to answer.