PACKERS SANITATION SERVICES INC Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Yeah
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Mocksville, NC8 January 2018
I work third shift there it was a good job. I have to go to the store and get some rest and feel better soon and that I would be able to work on it and get back to you on that one and
No Organization/ Poor Management
Floor Lead and Laborer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX6 January 2018
I left because the pay is very low and the work is very hard. Depending where you work is the time you work. They used me to work more than 14 hours in one shift. Management doesnt care for their work but on finishing and leaving. Most of the time you work 6-7 days a week.
Its a nice place to work if you're into line work.
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Kieler, WI 5381213 November 2017
All in all they are a pretty easy going company. They are very flexible with your hours but you have to be willing to talk to them. The power hoses are awesome.
Pros
They are flexible
Cons
Short breaks
secure job but always at work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Manitowoc, WI30 July 2017
PSSI, is a great opportunity for someone starting out with their 1st full time job. What PSSI lacks of is having time to spend with the family. We we're always at work 7 days a week. Great people to work with.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
always at work
You work in hot and cold conditions
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Stillmore, GA24 July 2017
It's okay depending on the the plant that you will be working at. Very fast pace and you could be working anywhere from 6 to 7 days a week. You will be working with chemicals ,high pressure hoses and a lot of climbing and bending. Sometimes you can be moved from one location to another one. You work in hot and cold conditions.
great teamwork environment understanding supervisors descent benefits
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MO18 July 2017
it was a good place to work for the hours were the only real issue being as was 3rd shift due to that being only available time for sanitation to work
Pros
paid vacation
Cons
3rd shift expensive benefits
Not so good to work here
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Kieler, WI5 July 2017
They are not organized at all and they are somewhat racist. They will have you working one day and then the next day your fired. I have been fired more than three times and they keep calling me back saying that they don't know why my supervisor keeps trying to fire me.
Pros
good money
Cons
no breaks
High speed work environment
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NY22 February 2017
Extremely busy work environment. The job is usually third shift. As an Operations/ Site Manager, my job was never done. Very demanding position which effected my personal life. Definitely an unforgettable experience.
Productive sanitation company
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IA12 December 2016
company and co-workers got along well, they kept the safety rules stric and they also were very patient and were willing to help
Real learning experience cleaning
Company Laborer (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KS20 November 2015
cleaning floors, walls, restrooms. hardest part of the job was making sure the machines are cleaned to inspection. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning how to use different chemicals
New learning experience
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hatfield, PA27 October 2015
I've never worked in a sanitation company let alone one that cleans slaughter houses. It was very interesting to understand the sanitation goals to keep productivity well in cleanliness details.
Great job opportunity
Sanitation Laborer (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MO25 August 2015
Was a good work environment. Most of the workers were friendly and helpful people. Not much room for advancement. It was a stressful job at times, due to the schedule.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Late hours, no room for advancement, and very few breaks
Lean N
worker (Former Employee) –  TX30 June 2015
Impenetrative employee vision. Detail inclusive though out job functions.Organizational structure working kinks out, but moving along in the right area.
Managed night shift sanitation crew at large meat plant
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kentucky22 December 2014
Recruited, hired, trained and developed employees for night shift position with Sanitation Company. In charge of ordering all supplies and calculating chemical inventories and doing weekly payroll and distributing weekly salaries to employees.
Pros
Enjoyed training employees
Cons
The third shift was hard on me
Great company to work for
AREA MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Kieler, WI15 August 2014
work graveyard
Management Skill in sanitation industry
Great people to work with.
productive
Janitorial (Current Employee) –  Henderson, KY4 April 2014
A typical day at work is fast paced, and constant. The management is boring. My co workers are hard to understand at times, since they don't speak English very well. The hardest part of the job is moving heavy machinery. There is not an enjoyable pat of my current job.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
short single break.
We would clean the factory and machines the whole shift
Sanitation Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, PA11 March 2014
Would get there at five PM, get dressed and start cleaning our sections. Sometimes there would be all types of layouts and machines, and we'd have to make sure everything was washed out until we would be motioned to move to the next designated area. Overall, I learned everything in the first few days, and than just kept on the doing the same thing. The co-workers were plenty in number, and a lot of them were very humble and great to talk to during lunch and breaks. The most enjoyable part of the job was finishing our shift, since we got to change from our wet uniforms to our dry clothes and than drive home, conversing with our co-workers.
Pros
Co-workers from diverse areas and of diverse backgrounds, long lunch
Cons
Physically very hard job, and we would always get wet while at work
It was an experience good company
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Ohio8 December 2013
I worked for PSSI two & a half years. Good stable job. My primary responsibility is to ensure that the facility is clean and sanitary, in all areas of the building. This included the production, office, break rooms and bathrooms. I oversaw eight employees in their area of responsibility as well as-
•Supervised daily workloads, training staff, and handled performance reviews and - goal settings.
•Overseen all sanitation functions for plant/shift.
• Managed weekly payroll and plant billing sent to corporate office.
•Ordered and managed usage of chemicals and supplies. Responsible for inventory tracking & safe chemical storage.
•Daily documented sanitation progress and issues in need of attention.
•Decided sanitary procedures and food safety adequacy.
•Adhered to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Hazard analysis and critical control points, or HACCP, as well as Safe Quality Food (SQF).
• Continuous problem solving with employee needs, and equipment/plant issues.
•Monitored staff to reduce costs and increase efficiencies whenever possible.
•Responsible for training all new sanitation workers in proper cleaning SSOPs, chemical use, and safety procedures.
•Managed detailed cleaning tasks through sanitation work orders, and master sanitation schedules.
•Daily correspondence with
  more... plant Management, Quality Assurance, U.S.D.A, about progress or issues.  less
Pros
the southern area of the state is toucher to work for
Cons
job stablity
Sanitation
Sanitation (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CA12 November 2013
Steady work.Hard work. The bad thing was the commute. Took most of my check.
Pros
Pay
Cons
commute
Site Manager
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WI4 July 2013
Their is no typical day in food safety or sanitation. Things change every hour let alone everyday so always experiencing something new.