*MANUFACTURING DESIGN ENGINEER
Packers Plus is the pioneer of open hole, multi-stage horizontal fracturing and we provide technology-based solutions to the oil and gas industry around the world. We are currently recruiting for a Manufacturing Design Engineer to join our team at our Edmonton M1 facility.
Primary Role Focus
Responsible for the design and development of tools and to ensure improvements are completed accurately and on time. Provide assistance to manufacturing for any issues that arise.
- Report to Manufacturing Engineering Coordinator
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Conduct design and technical drawing activities with respect to client tool requirements and technical standards
- Place equipment orders, assess and test tools as required
- Troubleshoot issues to ensure projects are completed on time
- Complete quick turnaround designs as required
- Provide engineering guidance to manufacturing personnel and all areas of manufacturing
- Research technologies to remain aware of industry changes and advances; ensure designs are innovative and advancing the organization forward
Educational, Physical and Safety Requirements
- Post Secondary Degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Manufacturing)
Competencies, Skills and Experience
- Previous Oil and Gas manufacturing experience an asset
- Proficiency with CAD Programs (Solid Works), data management program (EPDM) and Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely when requesting or providing information
- Capable of remaining professional when interacting with both internal and external stakeholders
- Highly adaptable and responsive to changing business needs
- Able to follow directions, work independently and learn quickly
- Able to work effectively within a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to effectively manage multiple projects
To apply please email your cover letter and resume referencing the above position
We deliver innovative high end completion technology solutions that work (the first time).
How We Do Business
We do our jobs with...