Group Sales/Reservations Agent
- Maintain an inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments
- Exceed the expectations of all guests through unbeatable customer service and by responding attentively, efficiently and politely to all requests.
- Answer inquiries regarding hotel services and registration, provide information about services available in the community and respond to guests' complaints
- Compile and check daily record sheets, guest accounts, receipts and vouchers
- Negotiates, confirms and arranges group bookings and associated activities
- Balances group accounts and confirms payments
- Confirms all guest meeting and catering requirements
- Communicates with other departments effectively.
- Confirms and processes travel agent commissions.
- Complete all necessary follow-ups from bookings and RFPs.
- Weekly Reporting of sales activities.
- Assist other departments when required.
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Must be able to communicate well with both internal and external clients.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using Property Management System.
- Must have attention to detail.
Education and/or Experience:
- Post secondary education in a Hotel management discipline is an asset.
- 1 year Group Sales experience or previous hotel Guest Service Agent experience is required.
- Extensive experience with sales, marketing, customer relations, and an office environment is preferred.
- Must be available any day/time. Weekend work is required.
- Comprehensive group benefits plan is provided after 6 months of full time employment.
- Wage $14-$16/hr
- Accommodation may be available for a rate of $12.50/day
Clique Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Poster Contact Information
Call poster using Skype
Indeed - 7 months ago
Back-dropped by the magnificent Rocky Mountains, the Clique family of resorts and hotels in Canmore and Calgary offers luxurious and...