Pacific Sleep Care – Courtenay, BC
Pacific Sleep Care is seeking a full - time Patient Coordinator within the Pacific Sleep Care office in Courtenay, BC.
Patient Coordinator supports the clinical professionals of Pacific Sleep Care to efficiently, respectfully and compassionately aid patients through the process associated with the diagnosis and treatment of various sleep disorders. They practice in accordance with professional confidentiality in a client and family centred care model aligned with the vision and values of Pacific Sleep Care.
KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability and interest in providing exceptional and professional customer care
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of a diverse interdisciplinary (healthcare) team
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and interact effectively with patients and their families, coworkers, physicians, and staff of external agencies
- Demonstrated ability to provide appropriate leadership through initiative and independence
- Demonstrated character qualities of honesty, resiliency, compassion and diligence
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized client care information system
- Demonstrated ability to invoice, bill and receive payments for services rendered
- Demonstrated ability to oversee the daily operations of an office with joy and patience
- Demonstrated ability to express to patients the value of investing in sleep care and appropriate treatments
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement plans
- Demonstrated ability to use the department policy and procedure manual
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position
- Knowledge of medical/dental procedures, medical/dental terminology and medical/dental office operations an asset
- Knowledge of and interest to learn about sleep disorders and various treatments
- Knowledge of dental/medical billing practices and procedures
Education & Experience:
- Completion of secondary school
- Experience providing exceptional customer care
- Completion of a Dental/Medical Office Assistant program
- Previous Medical/Dental office experience
- Some cleaning of durable medical equipment
- Light lifting: Work activities involve handling loads of 5 kg but less than 10 kg.
Competitive hourly wages and benefits available.
Those wishing to apply should submit a cover letter along with a resume by December 12, 2012;
Indeed - 23 months ago