Pacific Sleep Care – Nanaimo and Cowichan Valley, BC
Pacific Sleep Care is seeking a full - time Patient Coordinator within the Pacific Sleep Care team on Central Vancouver Island.
Patient Coordinators support the clinical professionals of Pacific Sleep Care to efficiently, respectfully and compassionately aid patients through the process associated with the diagnosis and treatment of various sleep disorders.
AN IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- An ideal candidate would have office management experience with an eye towards supporting and creating efficient work flows and operations.
- An ideal candidate would be self directed and yet able to work collaboratively with other Patient Coordinators and Clinical professionals.
- An ideal candidate would enjoy details but not at the expense of customer interactions.
- An ideal candidate would have experience accurately using a client/patient information database.
- An ideal candidate would enjoy working in an emerging industry and progressive company.
- An ideal candidate would be wiling and able to work as scheduled in either our Nanaimo and/or Cowichan Valley offices.
KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability and interest in providing exceptional and professional customer care.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and interact effectively with patients and their families, coworkers, physicians, and staff of external agencies..
- Demonstrated ability to provide appropriate leadership through initiative and independence.
- Demonstrated character qualities of honesty, resiliency, compassion and diligence.
- Demonstrated ability to invoice, bill and receive payments for services rendered.
- Demonstrated ability to express to patients the value of investing in personal health care and appropriate treatments.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Knowledge of and interest to learn about sleep disorders and various treatments.
- Knowledge of extended health benefits billing practices and procedures.
Education & Experience:
- Completion of secondary school
- Previous experience providing exceptional customer care
- Completion of a Dental/Medical Office Assistant program or previous Medical/Dental office experience.
- Some cleaning of durable medical equipment.
- Light lifting: Work activities involve handling loads of 5 kg but less than 10 kg.
Competitive hourly wages and benefits available.
Please submit a resume along with a cover letter highlighting your interest in the role and why you feel Pacific Sleep Care would be a good fit for you.
Indeed - 20 months ago