Pacific National Exhibition Employee Reviews

Fun and inviting workplace
TICKET SELLER (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 January 2018
This was my first job experience that was temporary and seasonal but it was a good one. I had lots of fun in my position as I got to interact with different people and gain experience. The hours were given as requested and I never had an issue with management.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Lots of busy/peak hours
Productivity and teamwork abilities on a typical day
Day Sweeper (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 December 2017
As a day sweeper, every morning I had to wake up around 6:00 AM to catch the bus. Even though, I was tired I was able to enjoy myself through working with different people. In addition, the supervisors were all very nice and taught me so much. I learned how to manage and clean an entire house through cleaning at the Prize Home. I also learned to communicate with guests at the PNE and answer their questions. The hardest part of the job was the lifting and washing as it tired me out very fast. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people because they included me and helped me when something was uncertain or heavy.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Great place for students getting job experience.
PARKING ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC27 December 2017
It's an easy job that would take only 10 minutes of training to do. All you have to do is direct people to parking spots or to the exits. You also have to answer occasional questions or provide helps to other employees (like moving gates and such). They trained you to use a radio and working outdoor with customers. The supervisors were really funny and nice but you might get different people at different shifts. The lunchroom is chill and relaxing. They had microwave and fridges etc. Other employees are also nice but don't expect a lot of water cooler talks. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with difficult customers and standing for long hours alone. The nicest part is interacting with happy customers at the end of the day and LOTS of alone time. Super easy job if you can stand the occasional rush of cars and keeping track of the radio.
Pros
Easy job. Chill workers and supervisors
Cons
Long hours standing in one place.Can be stressful during rush hours.
Fun place to work at
Candy Runner Foreman (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 November 2017
Fun place to work at. Learned a lot of useful skills such as customer service and food safe. Hardest part of the job is the duties that are required to be completed at the end of the shift.
Fun job but small place.
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 November 2017
The job was fun as we got to bake food and sell it to people. The bad thing was that the booth I worked in, which was the Beavertails stand, was very small. Some days there were too many people to fit in it and some day there were barely any people. Also when there were more than 4 people in the booth, the rest woupd not have any jobs to do since there was very little to do in that small of a space.
Pros
Got free food from supervisers for good work.
Cons
Long hours but limited days
A fun, seasonal experience
Front-of-House, Fright Nights (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 October 2017
I worked at the annual "Fright Nights" as a Front-of-House ambassador, involved with crowd control, safety, and helping people feel good about the experience even if they were stuck in a lineup.

There was very attentive and helpful support from supervisory staff.

It's also a great way to get work experience for those who have not had a job before or in recent years.
Pros
The fun of being in a festive environment
Cons
Working on cold, rainy nights outdoors
Very fun job where you get to work with nice friends
Parker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 September 2017
It’s a great job in genral where the supervisors are nice friendly and very good at explaining what is needed by me.they also give good amounts of breaks
Pros
Free fries
Not bad
EXHIBIT AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 September 2017
Working at the PNE was fine. Made a ton of new friends and gained some great skills such as dealing with the general public but the supervisors sometimes unhelpful and the staff room was not very pleasant.
Good workplace with good management.
Rides Operator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 August 2017
Management and supervisors were understanding and friendly. Hours are low due to scheduling, but does benefit those who have other tasks to do besides work.
fun environment
Ride Operator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 July 2017
working at the PNE is amazing although we do have to consider it a actual job and have fun and be serious at the same time, I am a rides operator and it makes my day when little kids say thank you after the ride just a little something to give a smile to my face.
Slow paced but great people
Prize Home Hostess (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 July 2017
I would sign in and write down what room/area I wanted to work in that day. Talk to large crowds and inform them, have a 15 minute break then a 30 minute break. I would usually work from 10am to 4pm, or 4pm to about 10pm. Sometimes slow paced, but great people.
Fun work environment
Rides Attendant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 June 2017
This job is important to always be focused. In order to make sure everyone is safe, you have to always be attentive. The employers are very good at making sure you are doing your job well.
Job was not well organized
Referee, BCCFA Flag Football Championship, Kelowna (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 June 2017
Did not get told when my breaks were, on my first day worked 6 hours and then got a break and then was told I was done. Did not get an amount of hours in a shift just showed up and had to stay based on how busy it was.
Pros
Free fries and a drink per day
Cons
Hours not specified, Manager was a little rude but not horrible.
Fun summer job
Games Attendant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 May 2017
This job is perfect for a student looking for a summer job. The people are nice and the job is fun. Although, you have to have good voice projection, cash handling skills, and self-esteem.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
long hours, training isn't always consistent
Fun workplace with lots of live entertainment
Server (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 May 2017
At the beer garden that i was serving at, there was a piano/music show where two people sing the "classics" while the guests sung along with them. It was fun to work with so many different people and to be able to interact with many different guests. The hardest part of the job is that it was outside with unpredictable weather. However, on a warm, sunny day, it was the most enjoyable part of the job.
One of the best jobs I've ever had
Games Attendant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 April 2017
My experience as a games attendant at the P.N.E was fun and enjoyable. The atmosphere working for the company was amazing, most of the employee's for the games department are teenagers which is always fun. Working the games during Playland and Fair is the most enjoyable part of the job, witnessing customers playing your game. Games attendant at the P.N.E is one of the best jobs if you're looking for a job during the summer time.
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
Shifts to about 1am
Friendly and Fun
Ticket Collector (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 April 2017
It was a fun experience to have, everyone I worked with was super friendly and helpful. It was mostly quite and nothing was rush. I was able to work at my own pace.
Pros
Discount in fair tickets
Cons
Long commute
fun place to work
summer only, Hostess (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 March 2017
A great place to work, meet tons of fantastic people and the management team is great. The environment is for people in their late teens and early 20s.
Pretty good first job
Games Location Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 March 2017
I worked in games and the hours were part time and flexible during Playland and full time during fair. Fairly easy job but can get boring during quiet and rainy days.
Working at the PNE in Agriculture is fun and its hrs work but they pay well.
Agriculture Crew (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 March 2017
The job is based on tasks at hand, keeping up with the chores and making sure the costumers enjoy their time in the farm area.
I learned how to bail hay, shovel properly, sweep with a push brush, facts about some animals and time management.
Its a dirty job but its worth the energy.
Pros
great pay
Cons
animal dung and smells

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific National Exhibition. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2