Pacific National Exhibition Employee Reviews

Slow paced but great people
Prize Home Hostess (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 July 2017
I would sign in and write down what room/area I wanted to work in that day. Talk to large crowds and inform them, have a 15 minute break then a 30 minute break. I would usually work from 10am to 4pm, or 4pm to about 10pm. Sometimes slow paced, but great people.
Fun work environment
Rides Attendant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 June 2017
This job is important to always be focused. In order to make sure everyone is safe, you have to always be attentive. The employers are very good at making sure you are doing your job well.
Job was not well organized
Referee, BCCFA Flag Football Championship, Kelowna (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 June 2017
Did not get told when my breaks were, on my first day worked 6 hours and then got a break and then was told I was done. Did not get an amount of hours in a shift just showed up and had to stay based on how busy it was.
Pros
Free fries and a drink per day
Cons
Hours not specified, Manager was a little rude but not horrible.
Fun summer job
Games Attendant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 May 2017
This job is perfect for a student looking for a summer job. The people are nice and the job is fun. Although, you have to have good voice projection, cash handling skills, and self-esteem.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
long hours, training isn't always consistent
Fun workplace with lots of live entertainment
Server (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 May 2017
At the beer garden that i was serving at, there was a piano/music show where two people sing the "classics" while the guests sung along with them. It was fun to work with so many different people and to be able to interact with many different guests. The hardest part of the job is that it was outside with unpredictable weather. However, on a warm, sunny day, it was the most enjoyable part of the job.
One of the best jobs I've ever had
Games Attendant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 April 2017
My experience as a games attendant at the P.N.E was fun and enjoyable. The atmosphere working for the company was amazing, most of the employee's for the games department are teenagers which is always fun. Working the games during Playland and Fair is the most enjoyable part of the job, witnessing customers playing your game. Games attendant at the P.N.E is one of the best jobs if you're looking for a job during the summer time.
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
Shifts to about 1am
Friendly and Fun
Ticket Collector (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 April 2017
It was a fun experience to have, everyone I worked with was super friendly and helpful. It was mostly quite and nothing was rush. I was able to work at my own pace.
Pros
Discount in fair tickets
Cons
Long commute
fun place to work
summer only, Hostess (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 March 2017
A great place to work, meet tons of fantastic people and the management team is great. The environment is for people in their late teens and early 20s.
Pretty good first job
Games Location Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 March 2017
I worked in games and the hours were part time and flexible during Playland and full time during fair. Fairly easy job but can get boring during quiet and rainy days.
Working at the PNE in Agriculture is fun and its hrs work but they pay well.
Agriculture Crew (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 March 2017
The job is based on tasks at hand, keeping up with the chores and making sure the costumers enjoy their time in the farm area.
I learned how to bail hay, shovel properly, sweep with a push brush, facts about some animals and time management.
Its a dirty job but its worth the energy.
Pros
great pay
Cons
animal dung and smells
Fun Experience
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 January 2017
I enjoyed my experience at the PNE because of the happiness everyone who visits experiences makes employees happy as well. Giving children and adults the time of they're lives that they will cherish forever.
Absolutely love it here
Assistant Manager - Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 October 2016
I absolutely love my job here. I have been coming back to work every summer for 15 years now because I love everyone that I work with. It is like a family and I am so glad that I have had the opportunity to be a part of it.
Rewarding and engaging
Ticket Seller (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 October 2016
The workplace was warm and accommodating, and supervisors were always very willing to help out or answer questions. This job was very rewarding in that it gave me great experience in working in a fast-paced environment and in customer service.
Energetic enviroment for a summer job.
Ticket Seller (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 October 2016
Working at the PNE was a very fun experience to see all the people visiting it. We were allowed to explore the park and all of the PNE activities for free. However the commute for me was 1 & 1/2 hours and was a pain. Would work there again if there was long term positions for full-time.
Good company
Pass Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 September 2016
Great place to work at. I worked in the admin building for 2 seasons. Good atmosphere and great staff.The position is only for 1 month from August to September for the PNE summer fair. Main responsibilities are to print ID passes, file documents and collect commissions from exhibitionists.
fun workplace
Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 July 2016
it was fun working there during the fair hope other people can work there too the manger was good bad thing was working in the rain
Pros
go in for free
Cons
short hours
Productive and fun
Ambassador/Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 July 2016
Typical work day has you being outside majority of the time. The PNE has a lot of jobs to offer, especially in the summer time with the fair being open. I can not really categorize PNE as one job because there are to many. I recommended applying if you love to be out doors, love seeing the fun people have and if you're a people person.
Nice team atmosphere and fun
Sweeper (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 April 2016
Sweep up litter and maintain the diversion stations. Wipe tables and pick up garbage bags and load compactor.

You learn how to direct/lead guests to their destination.

Management is fair. They value our health over the job, as some days are quite hot and we are not allowed to carry water bottles with us.

Hardest part of the job is working with unappreciative co-workers.

Most enjoyable is talking to the supervising team and chatting up co-workers before work and during break.
Good introduction workplace
Casino Wheels Dealer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 March 2016
Worked 6-8 hour shifts in which you would call people walking around over to come play so you could get a game going. Have to be able to talk loudly and be enthusiastic, as well as calculate winnings in your head. Great for learning how to deal with customers and how to handle cash. Managers and co-workers were great, always around to help.
summer job
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 January 2016
only a summer job, like 2 weeks when the fair is open. get a chance to meet a lot of new people. a lot of different departments so really depend where you are at
Pros
2 week job
Cons
good hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific National Exhibition. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2