Pacific National Exhibition Employee Reviews

Friendly and Fun
Ticket Collector (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 April 2017
It was a fun experience to have, everyone I worked with was super friendly and helpful. It was mostly quite and nothing was rush. I was able to work at my own pace.
Pros
Discount in fair tickets
Cons
Long commute
fun place to work
summer only, Hostess (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 March 2017
A great place to work, meet tons of fantastic people and the management team is great. The environment is for people in their late teens and early 20s.
Pretty good first job
Games Location Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 March 2017
I worked in games and the hours were part time and flexible during Playland and full time during fair. Fairly easy job but can get boring during quiet and rainy days.
Working at the PNE in Agriculture is fun and its hrs work but they pay well.
Agriculture Crew (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 March 2017
The job is based on tasks at hand, keeping up with the chores and making sure the costumers enjoy their time in the farm area.
I learned how to bail hay, shovel properly, sweep with a push brush, facts about some animals and time management.
Its a dirty job but its worth the energy.
Pros
great pay
Cons
animal dung and smells
Fun Experience
Ride Operator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 January 2017
I enjoyed my experience at the PNE because of the happiness everyone who visits experiences makes employees happy as well. Giving children and adults the time of they're lives that they will cherish forever.
Absolutely love it here
Assistant Manager - Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 October 2016
I absolutely love my job here. I have been coming back to work every summer for 15 years now because I love everyone that I work with. It is like a family and I am so glad that I have had the opportunity to be a part of it.
Rewarding and engaging
Ticket Seller (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 October 2016
The workplace was warm and accommodating, and supervisors were always very willing to help out or answer questions. This job was very rewarding in that it gave me great experience in working in a fast-paced environment and in customer service.
Energetic enviroment for a summer job.
Ticket Seller (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 October 2016
Working at the PNE was a very fun experience to see all the people visiting it. We were allowed to explore the park and all of the PNE activities for free. However the commute for me was 1 & 1/2 hours and was a pain. Would work there again if there was long term positions for full-time.
Good company
Pass Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 September 2016
Great place to work at. I worked in the admin building for 2 seasons. Good atmosphere and great staff.The position is only for 1 month from August to September for the PNE summer fair. Main responsibilities are to print ID passes, file documents and collect commissions from exhibitionists.
fun workplace
Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 July 2016
it was fun working there during the fair hope other people can work there too the manger was good bad thing was working in the rain
Pros
go in for free
Cons
short hours

Want to know more about Pacific National Exhibition?

Ask a question
Productive and fun
Ambassador/Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 July 2016
Typical work day has you being outside majority of the time. The PNE has a lot of jobs to offer, especially in the summer time with the fair being open. I can not really categorize PNE as one job because there are to many. I recommended applying if you love to be out doors, love seeing the fun people have and if you're a people person.
Nice team atmosphere and fun
Sweeper (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 April 2016
Sweep up litter and maintain the diversion stations. Wipe tables and pick up garbage bags and load compactor.

You learn how to direct/lead guests to their destination.

Management is fair. They value our health over the job, as some days are quite hot and we are not allowed to carry water bottles with us.

Hardest part of the job is working with unappreciative co-workers.

Most enjoyable is talking to the supervising team and chatting up co-workers before work and during break.
Good introduction workplace
Casino Wheels Dealer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 March 2016
Worked 6-8 hour shifts in which you would call people walking around over to come play so you could get a game going. Have to be able to talk loudly and be enthusiastic, as well as calculate winnings in your head. Great for learning how to deal with customers and how to handle cash. Managers and co-workers were great, always around to help.
summer job
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 January 2016
only a summer job, like 2 weeks when the fair is open. get a chance to meet a lot of new people. a lot of different departments so really depend where you are at
Pros
2 week job
Cons
good hours
Very positive environment
Rides Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 September 2015
amazing place to work.
I acquired some amazing skills for everyday life as well as in any workplace with the intense customer service training and being challenged daily to execute my problem solving skills
Fun Work Place
Rides Operator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC14 August 2015
A typical day at playland is checking off the safety check list in the morning and to greet and acknowledge all guests inquiries and complaints.
My customer services has improved while working at playland since all the time I am around guests and providing the best customer service I can for them.
Hardest part of this job is to try to deal with guest's complaints.
Enjoyable part is of course making new friends through this job that are similar age as me.
Great work environment if you get a nice supervisor
Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 August 2015
I had a good time working at the PNE but I had one supervisor who always gave me a very hard time. The atmosphere is fantastic and my co-workers were great to be around with.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Rude management
Overall good experience
Facilities Attendant (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC8 July 2015
Being my first job I did not expect much but the management and my fellow employees showed me a great time and introduced me to the world of work. Management in the department had more experienced employers and were very understanding, They also took the time to acknowledge my efforts during my time there.
Pros
good management
Cons
conflicting hours
every where i would is a good place to work at
prep cook (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 May 2015
I learned how to at fast i got to meet a lot of people and cook for the Winter Olympics athletes & starting early and working all day. until the job was done. Cleaning and cooking
Pros
Working fast and meeting new people every day
Cons
the hours were crazy
Watch over the park
Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Vancouver B.c30 March 2015
It was graveyard shifts in the summer for three weeks. for my first job ever i enjoyed it a lot. I learned that graveyard are hard to do but i was able to adjust. the hardest part was staying up even how quite it is.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pacific National Exhibition. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2