Pacific Link Education Centre is currently looking for a multi-talented New Media communications Specialist with particular expertise in web site development and other new media to become part of a small but dedicated team supporting. In this role, you will serve as a catalyst in moving the PLEC forward into the emerging reality of online communications and social media. Key deliverables include developing strategies for coordinated two way communication of City business to internal and external stakeholder through the web and new media. If you are creative and resourceful, an action-oriented team player and problem-solver with relevant communications experience, this may be the place for you.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Leadership, development and coordination of the PLEC’s online environment, including day-to-day management of organizational web site and social media in support of strategic goals;
- Delivery of interactive web-related communications including online learning, videoconferencing and web forums;
- Facilitated integration with the institute’s membership database system;
- Introduction of new strategies and emerging methods for digital communications;
- Content generation for the organizational web site and other publications;
- Graphic design knowledge and ability;
- Support for select volunteer advisory committees; and
- Other duties as assigned.
This position is well-suited to someone with relevant post-secondary education. Ideal candidates will possess:
- A recognized university degree or college diploma in Web Technology, Information Technology, New Media Design & Web development, Communications, Graphic Design or equivalent program;
- Bilingual is an asset (Mandarin)
- Expertise in digital technology including proven experience in web site development and maintenance;
- Excellent graphic arts and computer skills including experience in content management systems;
- Understanding of strategic communications, public relations and marketing;
- Experience in project management and event planning;
- Basic records management, word processing and office skills; and
- Strong team skills and attention to detail.