Tired of working for a logistics company where customs brokerage is a cheap afterthought? Or a large brokerage where you are just Employee Number 53345?
Founded in the 1950s, Pacific Customs Brokers has been providing premium brokerage services for 60 years and has become one of the leading privately-owned brokerage houses in Western Canada. Our ownership and management are right here in Surrey, with no need to beg a Toronto Head Office for permission to buy a stapler. Customs brokerage is our passion. And we're growing.
This position involves all aspects of the duties/responsibilities associated with Customs Clearance/Customs Brokerage (e.g. receiving information from and assisting retail and business clients, completion of customs clearance documentation, processing of import documentation, regular liaison with Customs personnel and internal clients). You will assist in ensuring that all entries are released, classified and billed accurately within Pacific Customs Brokers' service standards, as well as assist junior customs brokers with more complex releases. This is not an entry level role, so PARS experience is essential.
- Secondary School graduation
- CCS designation definitely an asset
- Minimum 2-3 years of PARS experience, transmitting release documents to CBSA
- Knowledge of applicable customs laws and regulations
- Strong understanding of business math, percentages, conversions, etc
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral, telephone and written)
- Well developed analytical and time management skills
- High work standards, high level of accuracy
- Ability to analyze each shipment to determine appropriate process
- Can work off-standard shifts (afternoons, weekends, and the like). Pacific Customs Brokers operates 24-hours per day, every day of the year
- Ability to handle large volumes of work and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
Our office is located at the Pacific Highway Border Crossing, so reliable transport is necessary (no public transit is available). Send your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations.
Don't forget to visit us at www.pcb.ca
Sorry, we cannot sponsor work permits. Agents need not contact.