Pacific Community Resources Society requires a Certified BC Teacher to work on a contract basis.
The LIFT Site and Tutoring Coordinator works with LIFT staff to assist in overseeing a drop-in tutoring and mentorship program for youth-at-risk. In partnership with a youth and family worker, the activities delivered through this contract will include:
- Providing tutoring support for youth between the ages of 12-17
- Establishing and maintaining a safe and nurturing environment for participants.
- Providing leadership, support, & supervision to volunteer tutors.
- Developing and maintaining tutoring site resources.
- Maintaining daily log and program records
- Providing program evaluation input
Minimum qualifications and skills for the position (education, credentials, related work experience)
- Valid BC Teaching Certificate.
- Experience working with children and youth (12-17).
- Knowledge/experience in an academic, educational, tutoring environment.
- Ability to tutor Gr. 6 – Gr. 12 Math, Science, and English.
- Ability to provide on-site volunteer support and training.
- Awareness of issues surrounding inner-city education and diversity.
- Fluency in a second language an asset.
- Experience working with students with learning disabilities.
- Criminal Record Clearance.
Pacific Community Resources Society will pay $25 per hour for a maximum of 12-16 hours per week from September 2013 to June 2014. Core activity time will be from 2pm to 6pm three to four days per week. Each day, there is one hour of prep/flexible service time and three hours of direct service time.
Indeed - 13 months ago
Pacific Community Resources is an award winning, accredited, not-for-profit society serving Lower Mainland communities since 1984.