PACIFIC COAST HEAVY TRUCK GROUP Employee Reviews

Great Team environment , strong leadership, quality training , I look forward to going to work everyday
Journeyman Technician (Current Employee) –  Langley, BC1 October 2017
Wish I had found an employer like this a long time ago. Fairly new here but cannot find any flaws as of yet. Incredible team all around. Paid training , continuos learning environment ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’ฏ
Pros
Competitive wages and benefits, training, support, leadership, most importantly a high standard of work
Cons
Canโ€™t see any
Great people to work with!
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Port Kells, BC28 August 2017
What an amazing company to work for with such great staff. I have labeled this job as my favorite one. They pay good. Benefits were excellent.

I worked in the service department. My manager was always understanding and flexible and always pointed me in the right direction when I needed help. I found sometimes he was unaware of a situation because certain staff would not bring the complaint to him. How can he address something if he doesn't know about it ? If i had a complaint about a customer, or co worker , my manager usually addressed it fairly quickly.

The lovely lady that trained me ....well I am speechless about. She couldn't have been more helpful. She was very knowledgeable of the system. Very patient and all around quite awesome.

Customers were great. Even if they had a complaint....they were much much better than in the RV Industry. Especially the regulars ... added many smiles to my days and they became more of an aquantance rather than a customer.

Oh I did find a few service advisors needed to smile a bit more and treat the customers how they wanted to be treated, when I first started. By the time I left I noticed what a change in these staff members. Well all but one .... the night shift service guy. Anyways...i found all the other staff to be polite and courteous and respectful.

I enjoyed how certain parts and service people could share a laugh with each other even when it was busy and a bit stressful. The business of the day made it go fast.

They have a new service operations gentleman working there too. I found what he brought to the
  more... company to be very helpful and if everyone sticks to it , a benefit to the service department and to the customers. Service staff were trained on "jay-proing" each vehicle as it came in. This would actually help the foreman make a decision on when it would go in and how serious it was. Customers could know if they had a possibility of going into derate or not.

The owner was present. Gave high fives and acknowledged his employees. I have found in past jobs the owners were not like that nor did they make an effort. That too is what makes this company stands out.

The GM and Sales managers always treated me as an equal and that my opinion mattered.

Shop foremen and techs were always very helpful and informative. Never complained about explaining something to me. Such a great group of guys.

I was sad to leave this job and if I move back to the area or if they open a location by me , I would not hesitate to work for them again. I have referred 3 other past co workers to this company as well.

I have read other people's reviews and believe them to be false or written out of emotion not logic. Take it from me , if you can work in a fast paste environment, stay organized, and keep a smile on your face....this is the job for you.

Now, If you want to do just the minimum and not be a team player and call in sick every week and complain about your life....look else where as that is not fair to the rest if the team.

Apply today .... you won't be sorry :-)
Pros
Excellent co workers !
not fair
Parts Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  surrey,b.c8 September 2013
very unorganized dispatch team your just a number in that company
Pros
good pay
If you need a job..
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC23 January 2013
Your day starts showing up with nowhere to park, get into your coveralls, clock on.. oh wait, there is also no bay to work in, you would figure out of 25 bays you could find one.. nope.

No parts to repair trucks with, which is the main reason you won't find a bay to work in. Management doesn't seem to care, I am afraid I may have to find a new job before this place digs itself into a hole so deep that it can never get out. That, and a recent cancellation of a great 12 hour shift leaving only the option to work swing shift for the rest of your days there, makes for a great working environment. You will however find yourself working with some great guys on the floor, really great co-workers.

Don't take my word for it, come on down and apply - see for yourself! I get the vision of a jet airliner just about to make an emergency landing in a corn field.. and the landing gear is broken.. right now we are at about 20 feet and descending quickly!
Pros
great co-workers, shop has heat..
Cons
everything else..