Casual, on-call, 9pm – 7am shifts
Pacific Arbour Retirement Communities Inc. builds and operates independent retirement residences in the Lower Mainland. Award winning successes with The Summerhill, Cedar Springs, The Mulberry and the newly opened Westerleigh Retirement Residence have paved the way for future residences. Conveniently located in urban centres, these communities offer both convenience and comfort to seniors who value a fulfilling and healthy lifestyle. Join an organization whose employees are deeply committed to working together to make a difference in the lives of seniors.
We are looking for an experienced and hardworking individual for the position of casual Night House Person at our flagship property, The Westerleigh Retirement Residence in West Vancouver. In this role you will be responsible for night shift janitorial and concierge duties and ensure the residents are safe; including responding to emergency calls, greeting/screening visitors, cleaning amenity spaces, removing garbage, completing laundry and patrolling of the residence. This may include providing coverage at our other residences as well.
- Grade 12 completion with a minimum of two years’ janitorial experience
- Current first aid and CPR certification
- Good knowledge of security procedures
- Completion of Building Services Worker Program is desired
- Successful completion of the WHMIS program
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal effectively with others
- Self-directed with the ability to solve problems effectively and make decisions using sound judgment
- Positive and cooperative attitude
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to employees, residents, visitors, service providers and the public
- Ability to respond to emergency situations
- Adaptable to change
- Empathy for and understanding the needs of seniors, their families and their professional service providers
Did this ad pique your interest? If you would like to take your next career step with us and contribute your skills and talents to a great organization, please send your application by October 16, 2013.
Thank you for your interest in this exciting opportunity. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.