Flexible schedule (starts with two 4 hour shifts per week,
will increase to full-time as the community fills up)
Pacific Arbour Retirement Communities Inc. builds and operates independent retirement residences in the Lower Mainland. Award winning successes with The Summerhill, Cedar Springs, The Mulberry and the newly opened Westerleigh Retirement Residence have paved the way for future residences. Conveniently located in urban centres, these communities offer both convenience and comfort to seniors who value a fulfilling and healthy lifestyle. Join an organization whose employees are deeply committed to working together to make a difference in the lives of seniors.
We are looking for a motivated and hard-working Housekeeper for our flagship property, The Westerleigh Retirement Residence in West Vancouver. A clean and inviting environment is critical to the health and wellbeing of the residents. In this position you will clean the resident apartments including bathroom cleaning, vacuuming, mopping and dusting; empty garbage and recycling; clean resident laundry and common areas; provide optional services such as laundry and bed making as well as identify and log potential maintenance issues.
- High school grade 10 education or equivalent with two years of experience working in a similar position in the hospitality or retirement industry
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to read and follow instructions
- Successful completion of the WHMIS program
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Attention to detail and ability to work efficiently to high cleaning standards
- Self-starter who can work with little supervision
- Strong customer service focus
- Positive and cooperative attitude
- Ability to adapt to change
- Empathy for and understanding of the needs of seniors, their families and their professional service providers
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position
Did this ad pique your interest? If you would like to take your next career step with us and contribute your skills and talents to a great organization, please send your application by October 16, 2013.
Thank you for your interest in this exciting opportunity. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.