We are looking for a new Software Developer to join the Pacific Alliance Technologies team! The software developer will be an integral part of the Vancouver-based development team providing software design and development services to new and existing Pacific Alliance clients and to internal projects. The developer will be focused on Microsoft technologies integrated with the latest geospatial software technologies from Autodesk and ESRI.
This is an entry level position working within a dynamic team. The successful candidate will have a strong background in software development. They will possess formal training, with a minimum of one year of hands-on experience and will have strong communication skills and be able to work effectively as part of a team. This position is based in Vancouver.
An overview of responsibilities for this position:
- Gain a technical understanding of the design and functionality PAT’s existing web-based geospatial software modules
- Work integrally within the technical support team
- Assist the support team with software support calls from clients, carry out detailed problem definition, critical analysis and research to identify the source and nature of the problem; Maintain satisfied clients throughout the process
- Present solutions to the client or effectively transfer the problem to implementation team members
- Pass on technical knowledge to other technical team members
- Provide assistance in the research and development of PAT’s products with respect to enhancements and/or improvement of existing modules and new modules
- Prepare and document specifications, new code, and new functionality
- Test new features and fixes in the software before release
- Travel to client sites implement PAT software as needed
- Promote additional add-on products and service to clients
The ideal candidate will have the following education, experience and skills:
- A minimum of one year of hands-on experience in software development
- Degree, Diploma or Certificate in Computer Science
- Background in software development, preferably in the field of mapping and GIS
- Experience in Problem Solving and Analysis
- Knowledge of relational database technologies and experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience working in the Microsoft .NET development environment
- Knowledge of C# would be ideal, however other Windows programming languages may be considered
- Experience with JQuery, CAD/GIS products, and Oracle would be advantageous but are not prerequisite.
- Highly motivated and client-oriented
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Enthusiasm for operating in a constantly busy work environment
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
- Proven record of meeting tight deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong team player
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Results and detail oriented.
Have we caught your attention?
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please send us your resume and cover letter by March 5th and we will see if you have what it takes to be the next Software Developer at Pacific Alliance Technologies! We look forward to hearing from you.
While we greatly appreciate all the replies we receive, regretfully only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Pacific Alliance Technologies (PAT) is a leading provider of GIS, web-based mapping, architectural, and engineering software, specializing in the customization, implementation, training and support of these solutions. The company’s mission is to develop and implement proven solutions that will help sharpen our clients’ competitive edge and increase their organization's productivity.
iVAULT is PAT’s web-based mapping solution that allows organizations to easily benefit from linking their existing data to a location. iVAULT is compatible with leading technologies: ArcGIS, MapGuide and Google. iVAULT is also integrated with our StarDyne sister companies’ software: Diamond, WorkTech, Vadim, Tempest – along with other leading financial and asset management software products. With iVAULT clients can find, report-on and analyze their assets in the context of the neighboring historical and as-built information along with data from any of their business systems.
As an Autodesk® Value Added Reseller and Premier Solutions Provider, Pacific Alliance has helped hundreds of firms throughout Western Canada implement and train their staff on Autodesk CAD, GIS, and AEC solutions, such as AutoCAD, Map 3D, MapGuide Enterprise, Civil 3D, AutoCAD Architecture and the full Revit product line – Architecture.
Pacific Alliance Technologies is a member of StarDyne Technologies Inc. For more information, check our website at www.pat.ca.