Pacer Corporation Employee Reviews

A great company to work for.
Rock Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 2, 2016
Being at camp was very convienent. I learned to work in a team inviorment The management was great. My coworkers were very helpful. Hardest part was when project was finished. most enjoyable was team building.
Pros
camp food and lunches was great and so convenient
Cons
Long shift, 14 on 7 off
Home away from home
Junior Party Chief (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 26, 2016
Proficient in both GPS and Total Station. Layout of underground pipes and manholes, culverts, fire hydrant lines, high scale roads, concrete piles, setting control, natural gas lines, concrete forming layout and as-builds, bolts, high accuracy tolerance. Working in extreme cold temperatures and extreme heat, experience working in industrial live plants and procedures and precautions that relate in operations.
Pros
Good Money
Cons
Travelling away for long periods
What a nightmare
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  AlbertaFebruary 17, 2016
From the couple of positive reviews on here, I guess it's safe to say that there is a mixed opinion at this place. If you are going to work here, be prepared for disorganized, cut throat culture. A lot of incompetent people in all the wrong positions pushing other people down to stay where they are. Complaints are dismissed. No proper training or constructive feedback. Wouldn't wish this experience on my worst enemy, but to each his own.
Pros
There used to be opportunities for advancement, but I would guess those days are gone
Cons
Mean and disrespectful culture
Fun place to work with a family atmosphere
Automotive/Heavy Equipment Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABNovember 15, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company. Enjoyed the fact that I could work on multiple oil sand sites. My co-workers were great. what made it fun was the Canadian Multiculturalism and working with people from eastern to western Canada. My work was never really the same day in and day out. I had the opportunity to work on many different pieces of equipment from small equipment (generators) to heavy equipment.
Pros
Full benifits including RRSP
Cons
Contract work
On site construction
Procurement Agent (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABOctober 25, 2015
I have had the opportunity to work with Pacer for 3 consecutive years. We worked well as a team and we were always working to complete the job accurately and in a timely fashion.
Smoke & Mirrors
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Syncrude & Fort HillsOctober 10, 2015
The construction management teams are made up of non-educated craft workers who do not understand the economics of construction.

The corporate office upper management are out of touch with what is going on at the sites due to the fact they do not visit, even when a high potential incident occurs.

They are a sub-contractor for a reason, Pacer does not have the systems, knowledge or experience to become an effective & efficient prime contractor.
Pros
Craft workers are very pleasant
Cons
Sub-standard wages & benefits
Great Company to work for
Drafter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 20, 2015
Pacer offers a number of turnkey solutions together with consistent customer service packages, superior safety programs, an established network of suppliers
ABOUT PACER - COMPANY PROFILE

Established in 1996, Pacer Corporation Group of Companies stands as one of Alberta’s elite industrial construction companies with a number of fully integrated construction divisions. A strong industrial construction background, with roots firmly planted in the oil patch, has allowed us to maintain our excellent reputation within the industry and to expand into oil and gas operations nation wide.

Pacer’s ability and the resources to tackle any major project - offering professional industry expertise, strategic decision-making and a high standard of quality for all our projects - keeps our clients returning to Pacer time and time again.
Teambuilding
Site Document Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AlbertaAugust 13, 2015
With a dedicated and promising team building the company can go places. I would love to work for Pacer Corporation under supply chain chain management department.
Good company
Senior Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJune 6, 2015
This job needed to be out going and good relations with co workers and employees. Had to be very punchier with all aspect of the jobs.
Pros
Cons
Camp life
Alright if you can handle decisions made by management that make little to no sense
Electrical General Foreman (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AlbertaMarch 30, 2015
Before the company was bought out by another company, it was a great place to work at; didn't get paid like many other places, but you were more of a "person" than just a "number". After if was bought out, many cutbacks were made without management taking any consideration of skill or seniority within the company. Then they hired new, less experienced people, making every ones jobs much more difficult
Pros
A lot of great employees
Cons
horrible management
good
Rock Truck Driver & Operator (Former Employee) –  forth mcmurrayMarch 13, 2015
drive truck, keep workspace clean. cmmplete flra. read jha. listen to supervision. keep equipment clean. drive to camp.
Alot of office politics
Camp & Travel Coordinator / Project Administration (Former Employee) –  Sherwood ParkFebruary 19, 2015
Worked mostly on my own.
ALot of office politics, different treatment for each
Not accountable for actions
No follow through with issues
Salary - no paid overtime
Pros
benefits paid
Safety, teamwork, managment
Apprentice Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 5, 2015
Great hands on place to learn new skills, team orientated workplace, safety culture is heavily preached, managment is easy to communicate with.
good union pay, horrible company to work for
journeyman cement mason (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 3, 2015
much dissention and backstabbing, probably the worst supervision i ever experienced, not to be trusted in anything they tell you..
Pros
union wages and benifits
Cons
total chaos
Productive and fun workplace with table tennis
Quantity Surveyor/Cost Control Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurrayFebruary 2, 2015
- Quantities take off for work in progress for the purpose of invoicing
- All relevant documents should be available - drawings, field report, site visit to confirm work done to date including carrying site measurements
- Co-workers were cooperative-team work required
-Gathering the documents and getting others to provide information at their disposal
-Working with people and producing the invoice
Pros
free feeding, accommodation and trancportation
Cons
long hours and away from family and church services
Great Place to Work. Great facilities.
Rock Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  ABJanuary 27, 2015
Very organized. Great Forman's. Good food, and clean rooms. Loved the work.
Pros
all good. great food and accomadations. friendly place to work.
Productive great place to work
Construction Manager, CNRL Horizon (Current Employee) –  Fort MacmurrayJanuary 27, 2015
Great People to work with. So many great hard working people.
Safety professional
HSE Lead (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 24, 2015
I am currently working for Pacer Corporation in Fort McMurray Alberta and am an HSE Lead. Last year I was on a major oil sands project and supervised a team of thirteen HSE coordinators with six hundred workers. I am looking for new rewarding safety opportunities to continue growing as a safety professional.
Fast pace, Safety based construction proffessional
Site Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Fort Mackay, ABJanuary 21, 2015
Day to day operations of heavy civil job sites. Everyday operations of sub contractors. Daily reports, inspections, tool box meetings, safety meetings, progress meetings, coordination meetings, manpower requirements, scheduling requirements, Procurement, Budgeting, Contract management, Cost impact management, Work scope changes and delays. Work with all trades in the heavy civil industry. Carpenters, structural, earthworks, pipefitters, scaffolders, etc. The hardest part of the job has always been the end of jobs. Having to layoff the people that have done excellent work in the field. The most enjoyable part in construction for me is the sense of accomplishment. After arriving on site and working in an excavation or large open area, to completion and having an operational facility in its place.
Foreman/General Foreman/Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABNovember 21, 2014
I enjoyed my time with this company and I would go back and work there in a flash. The crew and the supervision is top notch.

2.7