PURPOSE AND ACCOUNTABILITY
The position is responsible for providing leadership to Pacekids special education team in relation to the personalization of student learning for each preschool aged child.
This position is accountable for:
- Leading and building system capacity for the development and support of instructional design for student learning and to support Pacekids preschool development strategies.
- Building instructional capacity in relation to learner diversity, pedagogy, curriculum, and assessment.
- Supporting the staff in understanding and working with Alberta Education policy, directives, and expectations in relation to curriculum and assessment.
- Supporting the staff by designing an instructional environment so all children can access the curriculum and participate, progress and achieve in their learning.
- Developing and maintaining a high level of knowledge of current and future-oriented research, theory and practice in relation to students, instructional content, assessment and professional development.
- Advancing the personalization of student learning based on the instructional core.
- Building instructional capacity through the use of research-based teaching strategies and innovative teaching practices to ensure that all children have access to meaningful and effective learning opportunities.
- Providing depth and understanding in the intentional use of assessment data to improve instruction that personalizes student learning.
- Communicating with internal and external stakeholders to support the values and learning strategy of Pacekids.
- Contributing to the creation of protocols, materials, resources and system documents.
- Providing supervisory, leadership, and conduct performance evaluations.
- Collecting, interpreting and analyzing data for the preparation of reports and communications with Alberta Learning.
- Serving as a member of professional and work-related committees as assigned.
- Performing other related responsibilities as assigned, to meet Pacekids goals and objectives.
- A valid permanent Alberta Teaching Certificate is required.
- Diverse experience in teaching and leadership roles with demonstrated innovation in classroom teaching and formal and/or informal leadership experience is required.
- An equivalent combination of directly related education and experience may be considered.
DEMONSTRATED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Integrated skill set in understanding the Alberta Education’s Programs of Study, in designing instructional tasks based on strong interpretations of assessment information, in working with learner diversity, and utilizing learning technologies.
- Knowledge and understanding of Alberta Education policies, regulations and expectations.
- Ability to collaborate with internal leaders and external expertise to develop standards of practices and organizational intelligence related to curriculum, assessment, and pedagogy.
- Ability to support the Executive Director and staff in creating positive learning results by integrating multiple sources of information to strengthen the role of teacher as instructional leader.
- Ability to design instructional environments so all children can access the curriculum and participate, progress and achieve in their learning.
- Effective oral and written communication skills demonstrated through active listening, focused questioning, and the creation of accurate, accessible, and thoughtful text and presentations.
- Demonstrated orientation to continuous change and improvement.
- Demonstrated understanding of the instructional core in action.
- Demonstrated ability to personalize student learning.
- Demonstrated commitment to life-long learning.
- Demonstrated commitment to public education.
- Leadership, time management and organizational skills.
- Sound judgment, reasoning and perspective. Ability to work independently and as a team.
Pacekids offers a preschool program providing services to approximately 95 students in two different locations.
Please submit complete resume including training and experience, university transcripts, copy of teaching certificate, professional references, and a current Criminal Record Check to attention Alex Reed, Executive Director.